Brony Awakening

HomeRegisterLog in

Episode 5 - Magic Duel

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nevel

Nevel

Episode 5 - Magic Duel Empty
PostSubject: Episode 5 - Magic Duel   Episode 5 - Magic Duel Empty2/12/2012, 6:59 am

Okay. here's the video. i'm going to give you all time to watch it before i begin my rant.

If you don't know, Nevel has a VERY serious stance on Trixie.

In the past, just the mention of her name make me go into a 20 minute long rant on my feelings or her and what the Brony community have done to her...

*deep breaths. tries to keep calm*

I'm okay... i am... i just need a moment. Please watch the episode. i shall return when i calm down.

Arualsti
a custom thingymajig
Arualsti

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5 - Magic Duel   Episode 5 - Magic Duel Empty2/12/2012, 7:22 am

I liked it. I thought it was a clever episode with some world and lore building. Shame the delegates from Saddle-Arabia had no lines. The whole 'do you forgive me' line was a little rage inducing, but frankly I have no comeuppance rage left since last weeks episode. Could have done with an extra 10 minutes or so for extra story.

Episode 5 - Magic Duel Tumblr_mk4xv3c9K61rpnpeyo1_100Episode 5 - Magic Duel Tumblr_mnunixdtfa1so360io5_100Episode 5 - Magic Duel Tumblr_mnunixdtfa1so360io2_100Episode 5 - Magic Duel Tumblr_mnunixdtfa1so360io4_100Episode 5 - Magic Duel Tumblr_mnunixdtfa1so360io6_100
I, like, make plushies or something
http://arualsti.deviantart.com/
Episode 5 - Magic Duel Ru4t5q4
Back to top Go down
http://www.arualsti.deviantart.com

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5 - Magic Duel   Episode 5 - Magic Duel Empty2/12/2012, 10:08 am

So I call BS that Trixie would ask for forgiveness and I see MLP as gradually moving from Y ratings to PG because, while I do still like the show its taking of a different feel from when I became a brony.

Episode 5 - Magic Duel 302702_505478132816480_1404379047_n
Back to top Go down
Nevel

Nevel

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5 - Magic Duel   Episode 5 - Magic Duel Empty2/12/2012, 11:37 am

Spoiler:

THAT WAS SO CUTE!!!

However. it's my time.

You all wanna know my view on this? After all the time of Trixie's first arrival. I've hated her. Why? because she's a horrible pony who bullied Twilight's friends. and yet the brony community played her like a victim. a sweet innocent girl who didn't know how to make friends, who was only performing, who became homeless, who was abused by her father, who... who...

Look, fan made trixie isn't the character she is. she's a showoff, a loudmouth, your supposed to hate her or love her for BEING that loudmouth! but no one did. She was cute, sweet, cried everyday, everyone wanted to hug her, ship her with twilight!

*takes a breath* Calm Nevel... Calm.

Let's press on. This episode, we all wanted many things. many wanted her to be a goodie from the start. WRONG! Not who's trixie character is or ever was in anyway, if you love trixie, shouldn't you love her for who she is and not what you dream about at night... and sometimes in the morning...

Nevel. Dude seriously?

Calming down...

Okay. My view on the episode. what we got. what the creators of the show gave us.

Here's what i thought of the episode.

Spoiler:

No one's hated Trixie more then me but seriously, i love a good villian when they have that reason, that hate, that blame they shift onto others when they meet the hero who's better then them. Trixie went to that store to get an amulet that would make her more powerful, no matter the cost. (oh, to those who thought it was going to be about King Sombra! HAHAH!)

Trixie returns to ponyville and immediatly begins harrassing the town, taking revenge on those who laughed at her and disrespected her. Twilights friends. Snips and Snails, who if it wern't for them and the ursa minor, she would have never had her life ruined. Trixie wants to ruin twilights life, she successed. Twilight is banished and without Ponyville's protector, Trixie rules the town. Do as Trixie commands or feel her wrath. She enslaved twilights friends, and even children were forced to be her slaves.

IT WAS SO GOOD! She was being an evil b!tch. Now will the Bronies listen? She Evil! EVIL!

"Trixies amulet makes her evil"

what?

"Yeah, when she wears it, it effects her mind and she begins to do horrible things"

/facepalm.

I knew it was too good to be true.

one magic duel later, trixie is defeated. and suddenly he magic has faded? she can't harm rainbow dash, where as before she could make her barely about to stand after making her dizzy and sick? ahh... ... ...

Okay... this is where is gets messy. Remember why Trixie hated Twilight? because Trixie thought that twilight was responsible for her humiliation, when really it was because she lied and when confronted to prove herself, she failed. NOW, this time Twilight PURPOSEFULLY humiliated Trixie, in front of the entire town and everything.

Trixie respondes by saying. "She's sorry for being horrible to her friends" Trixie wasn't sorry the FIRST she did it, and she was under full control of herself.

The Great and Humble Trixie...

The Great and Powerful Trixie is dead. she's now just "Trixie" The pony who's magic was once powerful is now only good for tickling ponies. I swear a story angle of the amulet draining her powers would at least make sense to her turning good and humble.

A rival to Twilight. would that be so bad? doesn't make her a baddie. She can return one day to try to stop athreat that Twilight alone cannot handle. the fan would be like YEA!! GO TRIXIE! Make it look like Trixie has improved, almost wins, but then gets hurt defending Twilight or her friends, which sends twilight into a rage, causing her to use her inner strength...

"NEVEL, STOP FAN FICTION WRITING!"

But it would be awesome!

"for the kids nevel. an ending for the kids"

Trixies first apperance. She ran off into the night, gloating like a b!tch who just got shown up infront of everyone. The kinda ending where Trixie can say she'll be back, and be willing to duel twilight without cheating would be fine.

Why did i love this episode then? Everything except the ending was great. Trixie returns, she's evil, horrible, mean. Guys. i'm gonna tell you something.

I LIKE THAT TRIXIE!! Why? Because she's evil. Not a villian like say a Queen Crysalis, or King Sombra. But more a reoccurring villian or anti hero. Trixie could have been the Vegeta of the show, or a Seto Kaiba. Not the main hero, will never beat the main hero, but ALWAYS BELIEVES they can beat the main hero. her rival. the one who has worked incredibly hard to be the best but always falls short of the hero and it makes them angry, yet they will fight alongside the hero just so that they can prove how good they are.

Calm Nevel... take it easy.

I loved this episode, don't think i disliked it. i just truly think they missed a golden opportunity to make Trixie an awesome Anti-Hero.

Too long? Didn't Read?

I'll summerise.

From Great and Powerful.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

To Humbled and Clumsy.

Grats. She's not longer a serious threat to Twilight and can probably be forgotten about entirely... Just like Derpy.

bioreactor

bioreactor

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5 - Magic Duel   Episode 5 - Magic Duel Empty2/12/2012, 11:45 am

not sure if i should cheer u on or hide for my own sake

DarkSnivy

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5 - Magic Duel   Episode 5 - Magic Duel Empty2/12/2012, 12:36 pm

Why are you people getting mad that she said sorry?

bioreactor

bioreactor

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5 - Magic Duel   Episode 5 - Magic Duel Empty2/12/2012, 12:42 pm

lexiedark wrote:

i didnt know any pony was?

DarkSnivy

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5 - Magic Duel   Episode 5 - Magic Duel Empty2/12/2012, 1:19 pm

bioreactor wrote:
lexiedark wrote:

i didnt know any pony was?

AlphaWolfBlood wrote:
So I call BS that Trixie would ask for forgiveness

Arualsti wrote:
The whole 'do you forgive me' line was a little rage inducing.

Topsy Kretts

Topsy Kretts

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5 - Magic Duel   Episode 5 - Magic Duel Empty2/12/2012, 1:34 pm

I now firmly believe Equestria doesn't know how or can't police magic.

Now, to the episode: I'm not sure if it's just me, but this episode was so fan-servicey one could literally bathe in the amount of it....

Spoiler:

Episode 5 - Magic Duel Thatonetimewheretopsysaidno-1

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
http://hellbreaker2012.deviantart.com
TurboNarwhal

TurboNarwhal

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5 - Magic Duel   Episode 5 - Magic Duel Empty2/12/2012, 7:01 pm

I was pleased with the episode and loved how it ended. I am a Trixie fan, not that this is a secret. I love both canon and fanon trixie, and the trixie we got in the episode was very much her usual self, even down to the apology at the end, however instead of being arrogant about her magic, she is only arrogant about her humility (ironic, i know).

So they didnt change her as a character, only changed her perspective of how she focuses her greatness.

Perfect episode IMHO, there was crazy antics, good one liners from all the mane six ('cept pinkie, lol), the return of a fan favorite character, zecoras first season 3 appearance, twilight being a bad ass, Rarity making me want to cry when she pricked her finger, The CMCs, or some of them at least, doing something besides being ornery. Probably my favorite episode of the entire series.

Nevel

Nevel

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5 - Magic Duel   Episode 5 - Magic Duel Empty2/12/2012, 7:15 pm

TurboNarwhal wrote:
Rarity making me want to cry when she pricked her finger

Finger?

Finger?

i'll guess your just asleep :P

but i have to disagree on the ending, but ive already talked about that. i just feel that it was forced. she should have been too arogant to flat out apoligise like that.

but... i won't go on Shifty (right)

TurboNarwhal

TurboNarwhal

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5 - Magic Duel   Episode 5 - Magic Duel Empty2/12/2012, 8:07 pm

I said hoof, it was just a really bad typo, dont judge me.

Tomzie95
Most Edgy User On Brony Awakening
Most Edgy User On Brony Awakening
Tomzie95

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5 - Magic Duel   Episode 5 - Magic Duel Empty3/12/2012, 12:09 am

Oh god , I loved it . By far my 2nd Fav episode . And me and nevel spent 3 hours on call pretty much discussing it . So happy to hear he was happy with ALMOST all of it

Episode 5 - Magic Duel 551eab8b69f1301c5bc6df19e9a22874
Spoiler:

"I have been to Auscwitczh's , is was goot" - Veave
Back to top Go down
Nevel

Nevel

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5 - Magic Duel   Episode 5 - Magic Duel Empty3/12/2012, 12:16 am

Tomzie95 wrote:
Oh god , I loved it . By far my 2nd Fav episode . And me and nevel spent 3 hours on call pretty much discussing it . So happy to hear he was happy with ALMOST all of it

Your reaction when i said i loved it was golden XD he almost went into shock Crazy

PinkiePieRocks!

PinkiePieRocks!

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5 - Magic Duel   Episode 5 - Magic Duel Empty7/12/2012, 2:14 pm

I liked it. Too bad Pinkie barely got to speak... for a change. I do feel the sorry was a bit forced, but I just only liked it. To me, it's an okay episode. I'll need to see it again though... *trips like trixie*

Not a Moderator
Not a Moderator
Silver Wind

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5 - Magic Duel   Episode 5 - Magic Duel Empty8/12/2012, 5:39 am

Slightly Related: The term "alicorn" was canonized in this episode.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5 - Magic Duel   Episode 5 - Magic Duel Empty

Back to top Go down

Episode 5 - Magic Duel
Page 1 of 1