HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Lights of Harmony

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   20/12/2012, 1:36 am

Gold was tapping her hoof to her chin, a thoughtful expression on her face. She slowly nodded.

"You know what, I think that might actually work."

Gold quickly trotted out into the living room, making sure to slow when she got near them. Fine was currently sitting on the couch and seeming to stare off into space while Pyro was giggling like mad while pausing to drink from the bottle in her magical grasp. Gold snatched the drink basket, which immediately got their attention, and walked into the bedroom.

Fine hopped off the couch without a drunken word and Pyro stopped giggling. Fine broke out into a cheesy grin and followed after Gold, Pyro immediately going after her as well. Gold set the basket of alcohol on the bed and quickly ran out of the room once she was sure that Pyro and Fine were distracted.

She closed the door, locked it, and for good measure, she put a chair against the handle. The gold-maned pegasus grinned at her accomplishment and trotted back into the kitchen.

"Out of sight, out of mind."

Repo's giggling got Gold's attention.

"What are you laughing about? I fixed the problem."

Repo gave a roguish grin as she grabbed another one of the tarts.

"Oh, it's just that you locked two drunk mares in a bedroom with more alcohol at their disposal and made it so they can't leave."

Her eyes swept across the room before she took a bite out of the tart. She chewed and swallowed it before speaking.

"Good thing I designed the rooms so that the walls around the bedrooms are thicker. Should dampen the sound a little more."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   20/12/2012, 9:45 am

Lightning blushed slightly, clearing her throat to speak. "Well. I guess that's, uh, good."

She popped one last tart in her mouth before bringing the empty trays to the sink. While she scrubbed them clean she turned her head to look back at the group still finishing off their plates.

"I was thinking it might be time. To go back to Canterlot, I mean. Now that I can walk around and fly like my old self, there's a big hole I've been avoiding." She placed one of the finished trays in the drying rack and shut the sink. "I've spent a lot of time while I was stuck in bed thinking about it. How to approach my... status, heritage, whatever you want to call it. Though I don't really have an answer, there's still a debate going on as to whether or not to remove powers from the council."

Which they probably will, she thought. There was no way after that fiasco that the council would be trusted with the military, or as an operating body. But still, there were plenty of ponies that wouldn't want to be controlled entirely by the Princesses. There was also the fact that many were under a subtle spell that gave Noble Victory an edge in convincing others.

There were also, of course, those ponies who died. Though few despite the fact that it was a civil war, they were very vocal individuals - enough to sway part of the nation behind them.

"If I don't show up it would be problematic to my acceptance as the heir to Lord Typhoon. If I do, its possible it could blow up in my face. Either way, it would still be better to show up and get it over with."

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   20/12/2012, 10:21 am

Gold smiled and closed her eyes as she leaned back into her chair.

"It's always good to face your problems, Lightning, no matter how big or dangerous they are."

She held a hoof in the air as she opened her eyes, speaking in a warrior-like tone.

"We pegasi are great and glorious creatures, that require respect!"

Stone pushed her hoof into Gold's chest, gave small shove, and Gold fell out of the chair. Chuckling, the grey mare looked back at Lightning.

"We'll have your back all the way Lightning. We didn't go through all that hell just to have a stuffy politician put a hoof on our hopes. In fact...."

Her grin became rather toxic to look at.

"If any of them give us any shit, I'm gonna have to put my hoof down on them. Hard."

There was an almost inaudible gulp from the gold-maned pegasus on the floor. Fas and Mist were trading looks, but both agreed to be with Lightning for the whole thing. They will not abandon her.

Repo sighed and smiled sadly at the group in front of her.

"I've never seen a group so dedicated to each other....makes me happy to see that so many can still find love in this world of ours. Makes the sun shine brighter and makes the stars in the night sky twinkle more."

She left the table and trotted over to Lightning, stopping in front of her. The bartender unicorn smiled.

"Well, if things are ever too....'much' in Canterlot, I'll always find time to let you guys stay here for a few days or more. My inn's always open to nice and devoted ponies like you."

Her smile became a sly grin.

"Especially when they're as cute as you."

Stone's groan ended in a small laugh as she buried her face in her forehooves, muttering 'typical Repo'.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   20/12/2012, 12:30 pm

Lightning blushed before going towards their room. She put her hoof on the handle but stopped. They had just locked Fine and Pyro in there.

"Girls? I think we should leave now to catch the early train over. Before all of the journalists are awake." She trotted into the small living area of the suite. "I hope you have your bits back, because if you've forgotten, my only possession happens to be those blades in the bedroom..."

She popped her head in and wiggled her eyebrows, getting ready to take a shot at her griffon mate. "And Fas."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   20/12/2012, 12:59 pm

Fas gave her signature challenging smirk as she stood, her claws lightly digging into the table.

"Oh! You wanna bet on that electric filly?"

Gold stood and put herself between Lightning and Fas.

"Don't start now you two. Now's not the time for this."

Repo smirked as she downed the rest of her glass of juice.

"Yeah, save the dominance issues for the bedroom."

Stone slapped her on the back of the head. The unicorn, despite the possible concussion, still grinned as she rubbed the back of her head.

"Good one Stoney. I miss our playful banter when I still lived in Canterlot."

Stone sighed, but smiled at Repo.

"Well, feel free to visit anytime."

Repo smiled and nodded. Fas still didn't feel like stepping down. Call it bullheadedness, but she won't lose again to the pegasus.

"I still say you better be careful Lightbulb, otherwise, you'll wake up with your senses turned up so high that you won't be able to bathe without c-"

"Drinking milk here!"

Mist was reddening as she put the empty glass of milk on the table. Repo and Fas laughed while Stone shook her head in amusement. Gold actually had a more thoughtful look on her face.

As Mist went out towards the living room, she could've sworn she was hearing noises from the bedroom. No, she definitely heard noises. Her eyes were widening as she spun around where she stood and walked back towards the kitchen.

She sighed and throw her forelegs into the air.

"Why does every waking moment of quiet in our relationship have to be filled with all this freaking awkwardness that's revolves around being intimate?! Can't we have something that doesn't leave me with high blood pressure?!"

Gold giggled as she leaned against the counter near the kitchen.

"Why would we change this Mist? This is the fun part of the relationship! We can make dirty jokes and make disturbingly blunt comments and not have to worry about feeling weird afterwords. Like, I can say that Lightning has a nice ass and not have to worry about being smacked by her. I can even do this!"

She trotted forward, went around the table, and grabbed Fas's head with both her forehooves. She pulled the thoroughly surprised griffon into a deep kiss, the griffon's eyes bugging out and nearly losing her balance. Gold pulled away with a loud sigh and went back to stand over by the counter, leaving a shell-shocked and thoroughly red-faced Fas to just stand there.

Stone laughed lightly, giving a large grin.

"I think Gold may have won that one."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   20/12/2012, 1:42 pm

Lightning looked back and forth, trying to make sure that the streets were clear before leaving the threshold of Repo's place. When she finally thought it was clear, she walked into the open air with a sigh of relief.

They trotted through the town, listening to the far off sounds of the market being set up for the day's business. The air was warm - finally appropriate for the time of year as they were now quickly approaching the beginning of summer.

One or two ponies they walked by didn't seem to recognize them. But once inside the train station, that came to an end.

"Ah! You must be Miss Lightning."

She turned her head to the counter where a skinny stallion with a camera around his neck approached the group. His small reporter hat actually seemed the right size in comparison to his frame. She did her best not to groan. It was too early for the press.

"Good Morning! I hope you're doing alright. Name's Featherweight, for the Ponyville Herald. I hope I'm not interrupting anything important. It's just that marefriend Sweetie Belle told me you were in town for a while so I came here to see if I could catch you for a few questions."

Lightning rose an eyebrow. Where had she heard that name before? She wracked her memory for some kind of connection.

"Sweetie Belle?"

"From Crusaders? They're a popular ba-"

Lightning's face lit up. "Oh! I love her work! I mean, I like her solo stuff a lot more, but her mainstream songs are fantastic. Never Mind You is one of her better songs." Lightning stopped herself before she overloaded the poor stallion. "You actually started the Herald, right? I heard about that in the paper when you two got together."

He nodded proudly. "Most ponies go and manage when it becomes successful. I prefer to keep reporting - it keeps things fresh."

Lightning nodded. She opened her mouth to continue until she heard the loud blast of a whistle. "Tickets! Oh, shoot."

She noticed them in Stone's hooves before relaxing slightly. "Next time, Featherweight. I'll send word to you as soon as I can."

She waved and bolted for the train, catching it just behind the rest of her marefriends. She panted lightly motioning with her hoof.
"Rarity's... Sister's... Coltfriend."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   20/12/2012, 2:07 pm

They boarded the train, making sure to choose a very sparse car, then sat around the back of the car. Gold led Lightning to sit next to her in some of the seats. She was rubbing her chin in thought.

"Hmmmm.....coltfriend......oh! Featherweight?"

She grinned.

"I knew that little reporter when we were little! I went to Ponyville for a year in order to go to school there. Should've seen him back then, probably the scrawniest boy there. But he made up for it by being really good with a camera. Once had to defend him against the school bullies, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. I gotta say, when you got a fireball like me saying things that could make a stallion cry, they didn't last long."

Stone laughed from in front of them, but then her expression hardened.

"Diamond Tiara..."

She snorted.

"Little rich bitch nearly made the shop go bankrupt a while ago, wanted to buy it in order to make way for her father's stores and products. Good thing ol' Rich is much more generous. We agreed to sell his electronics alongside ours, split some of the profits with him as long as we got more. He accepted, and 'Andromeda's Electrica Extravaganza' still stands."

Stone sighed and shook her head.

"I hope the store's still standing. That store is Gold's and mine's lively-hood."

Gold stood herself up so that she was hanging over the top of the seats. She patted Stone on the shoulder as Mist sat next to the grey mare.

"Don't worry, Fine and Mist put up the best shield spells they know. I'm sure the store's fine."

Stone smiled, but then her face turned to confusion.

"Say, where is Fine? And Pyro, Axel, and Cloud for that matter?"

Mist waved a hoof, her face little red.

"Well, due to their....*ahem* 'activities', they'll be catching a later train. Don't worry, I can disengage Fine's shield spells alongside mine."

Fas grinned as she took a seat behind Lightning and Gold.

"Cool, we got some time to swing around Canterlot? I heard a good way to have fun there is to hide on top of a building and hack loogies on nobles, especially when their faces are turned up."

As the train started to move, Gold waved a hoof.

"Nah, they get all pissy about it later and someone usually ends up being arrested and released an hour later. I missed my favorite radio show the last time that happened."

Fas looked up at Gold.

"You were arrested?"

Gold waved a hoof.

"No no, I had to pick up a friend of mine who did. I got her picked up, went for a few drinks with her, Stone, and Repo, then went home."

Fas just stared, then shrugged it off.

"Makes sense."

She suddenly looked worried, running her claws through her feathers.

"Wait, am I gonna have any problems in Canterlot? Another griffon from the Vigilate got assigned to Canterlot and had to reassign because he kept getting harassed."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   20/12/2012, 2:27 pm

Lightning growled. "They had better not." Her face softened into one of surprise. The voice she had just used was... vicious. She closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths.

"No. You'll only have a problem when the council and any advisors for the transition - as I'm sure there are some - question my choice of mates. I swear to Celestia I'll throw their ass out the throne room doors if they do."

She looked horrified at how aggressive she was being. Then it hit her. Her eyes went wide and she excused herself to another car for a moment to calm down.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   20/12/2012, 2:42 pm

They watched her leave with confused looks on their faces. Mist was about to question what was wrong with Lightning when she suddenly felt something through her mental bond with Lightning.

Her expression went from confused, to surprise, then ended with sympathetic. She stood and went for the rear car. Gold called out.

"Hey, where ya goin'?

Mist looked over at them.

"I'm going to go check on her. The train is mostly empty anyways, so I think I can afford some privacy with her."

They were skeptical, but they all nodded with smiles. Stone stood up and got out from her seat, walking towards Mist.

"I'm gonna come with you. I wanna see what's bugging her too. Little worried is all."

Gold smiled and made a shooing motion with her hoof, switching seats so that she was next to Fas. She turned her head to face them.

"Go on, see what's bothering our mare."

Mist and Stone smiled before turning around and walking over to the door. Mist opened it, being mindful to step over the connectors for the railcars, then closed the door once Stone was clear. She opened the door into the other car and entered, the large grey mare closing it behind them. The car was completely empty as far as they could see. Stone was tweaking her ears in different directions while Mist called out softly.

"Lightning? Are you in here?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   20/12/2012, 3:20 pm

"Over here," she called, putting her hoof in the air. She was taking in deep breaths in and out to center her focus. Calm was what she needed - not the intense irritation that came with... well, her 'time'.

She sat up straight after a moment or two and slipped into the aisle. "I'm fine. I think I'm just going to nap on the way to Canterlot. Need to clear my head." She motioned to the seats by where she was. "You can join me if you'd like, but I won't be much for conversation."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   20/12/2012, 3:33 pm

Stone and Mist nodded, joining Lightning in the larger seats. Stone seemed a little concerned, but Mist was very skeptical of the white pegasus. When Stone wasn't looking, she leaned over to whisper in Lightning's ear.

"I think I know what's really bothering you, Lightning. You shouldn't feel ashamed or worried about it. But you can truly tell us when you're more relaxed, or at least until we are back at Stone and Gold's store. Luckily they live above it."

She hesitated, but then pecked Lightning on the cheek. She smiled and looked out the window, watching the scenery roll by.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   21/12/2012, 2:26 am

"I'm beyond talking when it really starts, Mist. I get angry."

She lay back down on the chairs, resting her head against Mist's side. "Just pray it doesn't set in for real during today's discussions." She kissed Mist's side and drifted off to sleep.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   21/12/2012, 6:17 am

Stone looked on in concern as Lightning slept against Mist's side.

"Is she alright?"

Mist hesitated, but nodded all the same.

"She's technically fine, but it's what happening to her that's going to be the hard part."

Stone raised a brow.

"And what exactly is happening to her?"

Mist sighed as she ran a hoof through Lightning's mane.

"She's going into season. I'd say that we have about a day, maybe two until it fully settles in. Judging by her behavior, she shows signs of aggression. She could get violent if provoked."

Stone looked at Lightning with sympathy before looking up at Mist.

"Is there a way to suppress it?"

Mist nodded.

"Fas and I know a few spells. We can't get rid of it, but we can suppress it to a tolerable level."

The grey mare nodded before speaking up again.

"Should I tell Gold and Fas? We can give more help by having all of us keeping an eye on her."

Mist looked down at Lightning and continued to run a hoof through her mane. The unicorn sighed.

"Lets wait until we get to Canterlot. We can ask her when she's awake."

Stone reluctantly agreed. To her, and she's sure for the rest of their group, it was going to be a long day in Canterlot.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   21/12/2012, 2:15 pm

Lightning saluted the soldier stationed outside the main gates of the castle. She was already irritated with the events of her walk from the train station, so she was pleasantly surprised when the guard saluted back. It was a huge sign of respect.

Their arrival started out alright at least. No pony bothered to talk or notice them when they took the short trip to take stock of the shop. It was also very much intact, it's spells in good order. But, some reporter unicorns had attached a nice extra to the premises - alarm spells.

Within minutes they had swarmed the place looking for answers to a varying array of questions.

'How do you feel about the results of the conflict?'

'How do you plan on proceeding with your status?'

'How can we trust you if you were the cause of the fighting?'

It was the wrong day to pester her. For the most part she stayed calm, although icy at best, giving an excuse that "she would like privacy until her thoughts are more clearly formed on certain matters." This wasn't good enough for the pessimists, of which she nearly lost her calm facade. Had her marefriends not been near the shop, she would have bucked them into next week. Instead she repeated herself until they became frustrated and left of their own accord.

Things didn't get much better after that. She was blamed for the death of a cousin, the loss of several homes and businesses (even though the Princesses promised to rebuild them free of charge), and several accounts of failing to protect the princesses.

As they finally walked into the castle and turned towards the throne room, she finally drew a sigh of relief. This couldn't be much harder... Could it?

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   21/12/2012, 2:42 pm

Fas ran a claw through the feathers on her head in annoyance. She was very close to skinning something just for the hell of it. She had come close to harming a reporter when Gold had whispered to her that they're 'not worth it'.

Meanwhile, throughout the whole ordeal, Mist had been casting some invisible magic in order to keep Lightning calm. Apparently the unicorn had been busy using the rest of her magic to form a small rune under Lightning's mane in order to keep the magic sustained. It was, after all, tiring to consistently use magic without rest.

But despite all the pesky reporters and accusing citizens, Gold and Stone had been happy to see that their shop was still standing and undamaged. The broken debris, shattered weapons, garbage, and spent improvised incendiary weapons lying around the invisible shield showed that some had tried to break in or burn it down. Stone and Gold had promised that they would go into the building once they were done.

Now, the problem they were facing was the meeting itself. They were going to allow Lightning in, but none of the others.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   22/12/2012, 12:55 pm

Just outside the throne room, Lightning wrapped her lives in a huge hug, kissing each of them in turn. "We might be a while if you want to head back. I'll wait here 'till you come back."

She gave a little wave before passing through the door.

The room they were using was once a small private quarter for some long forgotten post. Now, it had been turned into a meeting room, complete with a library of legal texts and other important bits if information.

The Princesses sat in thrones at the far end of the table. Luna smiled as she entered. The glare for
Her right came from Princess Sapphire, somehow still allowed to keep up her right to the council. Her little sister Ruby smiled at her but was forced to look away when Sapphire turned to check on her.

"Welcome, Lady Hurricane. I trust you had no major issues getting here?"

Lightning shook her head.

"Good, good. Well, now that we're all here, we can begin." Princess Celestia looked over at one of the scrolls in front of her. "In light of recent problems, I have found it a reasonable decision to invoke emergency powers to resolve the current crisis. That means, while you get to vote on your restructure, I ultimately have say in the case."

Sapphire was one of two members that seemed to dissent to this plan. "Secondly, I have given a list of potential representatives for the houses moving forward."

Sapphire's hand went up immediately.

"If your name is missing, that it because you are too closely tied to the causes of the civil war."

Lightning smiled. It was clear that Celestia wasn't pulling any punches today.

"What about 'Lady' Lightning?" Sapphire sneered. "She was practically the cause of this whole thing,"

Lightning glared at her, while Ruby looked confused at her mother.

"As I recall, it began with your recall of my royal guardspony. Then she was demonized after the discovery because the representatives of Hurricane didn't want to be removed from power - poor stewards as they were."

Sapphire scowled.

"Also," Celestia continued, "let us not forget that you are only here as your daughter's guardian, to insure that her advisor continues to be neutral when explaining decisions she must make."

"After all of our insistence that one pony representing huge families was a poor idea, you instate it as soon as we are unable to contest you? That is madness!"

"It is to avoid further riots in my country. Speak again on matters which you are no longer able to do so, and I will have you removed from this chamber."

Sapphire grew silent. Lightning secretly cheered in her mind for the comeuppance she was long overdue for.

"Then as the recognized head of the family before transition I invoke the right to declare our removal from both the council, and all of our holdings in Equestria."

Celestia narrowed her eyes. "I will not have you further threaten the stability of our country with such debilitating threats!"

"IT IS NOT A THREAT!" Sapphire threw a scroll down on the table. Celestia's eyes widened. "I have here the consensus of all current family members of proper age, originally recognized as the core of the family. It is enough to officially remove ourselves from Equestria."

Ruby looked at her, horrified. "Mama, why would we do that?"

"Because these 'Princesses' don't know how to run a country they took from us tribes-"

"We were asked to-"

"It's not how things were meant to be, Ruby, my little filly-"

Lightning looked on helplessly as the fighting went back and forth. Whatever restraint that was holding her was fading quickly. Her anger began to boil under the surface.

"STOP!" Ruby was standing on the table, very upset. "Don't you understand any of the stories mama? Why we worked together in the first place? Ponies were miserable. They fought each other, hurt each other, and our ancestors treated the others like slaves."

Sapphire looked confused. "Ruby, they don't teach you that in schoo-"

"They write books, mama. It was the only thing my big sister taught me - to read."

Sapphire was almost immediately enraged. "That featherbrain is nothing more than a danger to society-"

Ruby's horn sparked as her face grew angrier. "Don't you dare. Lightning is the best sister I have ever had. What happened to your other daughter? Kicked her out too?"

Sapphire's jaw dropped. She was practically fuming.

"Lightning told me about her too. How you only loved her until she tried to protect Lightning. Well here I am, protecting her. What are you going to do about it?"

Sapphire started to laugh, until a small noise came from Ruby's flank. A ruby heart embedded into a shield, all covering a scroll appeared on her formerly blank flanks.

Ruby looked at it, giddy with joy. After a little bit of celebrating she turned back to face her mother. She ripped the scroll with her hooves.
"I vote no. We stay."

Sapphire lunged at her but Lightning had been poised to jump in. In a blinding flash awry magic slammed into Lightning's side. The two of them barrelled into the far wall, with only a slight distance in between. The other guards were on top of the older unicorn in seconds.

As Lightning stood, weakly she looked around for Ruby, both her and Princess Celestia had left the room. But her search had made her conscious of her injury.

She had a long gash running along her side and only a small aura of magic was holding her blood from pouring out of her.

"Don't move," Luna said. "I need to fix this or you could bleed out in this room."

Sapphire continued to scream obscenities as she was dragged out the back door, her magic sealed off by a horn restraint.

Lightning nearly gave chase, had she not been held still by Luna's spell. "Easy. Don't let instinct control you."

Lightning looked back at her bewildered. She crinkled her nose and flushed red.

"It's nothing to be embarrassed about, my student. You just saved your sister's life."

It was almost twenty minutes of standing in place before Luna finished fixing her wound. It left a muted scar behind, buried lightly in her side.

"I can remove that as well-"

"No." Lightning shook her head. "I want it to remind me that she's gone."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   22/12/2012, 2:33 pm

"How do you feel now, Mist?"

".....triumphant."

Fas smiled and ran a claw through Mist's mane, lightly scratching her ears as the unicorn mare laid on her side. Almost half an hour ago, she had collapsed in a mixture of fury and pain. Fas had to calm her down before she accidentally hurt herself.

To the griffon, it seemed that Lightning had gained a victory.

Now Fas and Mist sat on a bench close to the castle, hoping to wait for Lightning to come back out. Stone and Gold had left to check up on the shop again and see if everything on the inside is still alright.

One of the main reasons they choose to stay was so that they could watch out for anything suspicious and possibly deadly. They're abilities and perks would allow them to gain access to the castle if necessary.

Fas's eyes narrowed as her keen sight caught sight of a stallion that had passed in front of the castle five times now. She could see the poorly concealed camera in the satchel he was carrying with him. Fas nudged Mist and gestured towards the stallion, the unicorn's eyes seeing him as well.

Mist sighed.

"It won't be long until they start to flock. We'll have to sneak her back to the store somehow."

Fas nodded.

"You know the classic disguise spell, right?"

Mist smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. We can move Lightning to a hidden spot once we pick her up and then disguise her and ourselves."

Fas sighed and leaned back, her eyes still following the stallion that was now circling back. She scowled.

"Can you send a message or something through your link? I think we might have to warn her or something."

Mist put a hoof to her chin.

"Hmmmm, I might able to.....but I think Anima might draw to much attention."

Fas sighed.

"Well, I guess we wait until the time has passed, then enter the castle and sneak her out."

Mist nodded.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   22/12/2012, 4:01 pm

Lightning was doing her best to keep calm as she was walked down the halls to her suite she had stayed in not too long ago. Perhaps a few months? The room was still as well furnished as before, but that was not the first thing on her mind. She needed to keep calm.

"Anything else Lady Hurricane?"

She turned to the guardspony. "Get my mares here. Quickly. Tell the one named Mist that they better bring something with them or its going to be an awful night. I've already got a headache."

The pony nodded, bowing politely. As soon as he was out of sight he flushed slightly and ran down to the courtyard. In the meantime, she closed and locked the door before stumbling into the bathroom. She turned the water on as hot as it would go and leapt in. The scalding temperature reddened her skin and caused her to shout in pain, but her attempts to distract from the problem was making it difficult to do anything mundane, such as wash her blood from her coat. She managed as best as she could, hungrily awaiting her marefriends.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   22/12/2012, 4:49 pm

Gold, Mist, Stone, and Fas walked at a quickened pace towards Lightning's suite. The guard had simply told them to come to her room quickly and to 'bring something'. The guard had an almost untraceable stutter at the last part.

Gold somewhat had an idea of what she wanted, which was why she was wearing her saddlebags with a carved oak box resting inside one of the bags. She didn't say anything for the entire walk.

Mist had also been acting strange as well, her face sometimes flushing for no reason and then she would whimper quietly. This made them move faster, a few ponies even turning their heads to see them run by.

They entered the hallway and were at her door, Stone stepping forward to take the front. She looked back at the group, a cautiousness tone seeping into her voice.

"Alright, I don't know what Lightning is like at this stage, and neither do the rest of you. We're going to enter slowly and carefully. We probably know what'll happen, right?"

Everyone, including Stone herself, flushed a little and nodded.

"Good, be ready now....."

She gave a reassuring smile and knocked on the door a few times.

"Lightning?! It's us!"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   23/12/2012, 2:20 am

((Next Day))

Lightning awoke to the feel of a spring breeze on her face. When her eyes opened she found herself laying on the floor - not her first choice of places. The room smelled fresh and clean as spring flowers, carried in from the gardens below. It didn't quite match the rest of the room.

If the room was once organized, it appeared as though that had never been true. The nightstand was on its side, the blankets had been torn off of the bed, lying over a sleeping Fas next to the bed. Gold and Stone were cuddled together on the bed, although Gold had nearly slid over the other side of the mattress, her leg dangling over the edge.

As for Mist, the unicorn Mare lay beside her, leaning against her for warmth. She finally realized they at least had a pillow.

A blush came across her face - housekeeping would be hard pressed not to talk about what they were going to see. No doubt 'deviance' or 'domestic abuse' would be some of the rumors floating about with her name.

She crawled out from beneath the curtain they were using as a blanket and staggered her way to the open window. It was a beautiful day.

When she turned around to go back to sleep, she noticed a small note had been slipped under the door. Carefully she made her way over, picked it up, and began to read.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   23/12/2012, 4:23 am

Mist's eyes slowly fluttered open, yawning and then smacking her lips together. She could not identify the taste in her mouth.

She sat up, her back popping from the stiffness, and looked around. The more she saw, the thicker the blush on her face became. Last night was something she would never forget, and that was simply because Lightning went into her cycle. She could only imagine what would happen when Gold or Stone or even herself went into season.

She saw Lightning standing by the door, reading something. Mist rolled onto her side and stood. Or at least, tried her best to. Her legs wobbled and her hindlegs were refusing to cooperate.

After a few tries, Mist managed to wobble over to Lightning, standing beside her.

"Well.....last night was certainly.....memorable."

She smiled and nuzzled Lightning's ear. The unicorn looked down at the note, not really trying to read it.

"So, what's the note say?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   23/12/2012, 5:08 am

Lightning shuddered at the feel of Mist's breath on her ear. She drew her into a short kiss, before pulling away. "Only the first day, Mist. I'll be fine for a while if you don't tease me like that."

Lightning nipped at her neck a little more than playfully, before reigning herself in. She cleared her throat and looked back down at the note. "As for this, its an invitation to breakfast as well as a request from Luna to keep quiet-"

Lightning blushed hotly and crumpled the paper. She threw it in the trash and flicked Mist with her tail to get her attention.

"Did you want a shower? I'm going to get one before we head down for something to eat. I hope they have sugar cubes or apples or something." She practically skipped into the bathroom.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   23/12/2012, 5:51 am

Mist turned her head and sniffed at herself. She blushed furiously and gave a sheepish smile at Lightning.

"After what happened last night, I think we should shower if we don't want to attract any unwanted attention."

Fas muttered something in her sleep and rolled onto her side, giving a small snore and curling up. Mist smiled at the adorableness and looked back at Lightning.

"I suggest we bathe separately from you, Lightning. No point in having another session while you're still calm. Oh hang on....."

She went over to Lightning and ran a hoof through her mane until she found the rune's location. Her horn glowed and the rune followed before finally disappearing again. She smiled at Lightning.

"An old trick Idris taught me a long time ago. He once had a mare student try to seduce him because she went into a cycle during a lesson and didn't tell him because she was embarrassed. He used this simple rune to hold the urges back. I can't rid the season, but Fas and I can suppress it."

She patted Lightning in the back.

"Just make sure Fas or I are with you at all times."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   23/12/2012, 6:27 am

While Mist was taking her turn in the shower, Lightning made it her job to pick up around the room. She went around picking up pieces of packaging, pillows, a sheet from the bed, even the nightstand. Surprisingly nothing had been broken last night, for which she was grateful.

As she was placing the curtain back on its hook above the window, she reflected on what Luna had said to her yesterday. The 'representatives were giving her back her inheritance'. But from what she remembered, only those small family artifacts had been left from that time period. Was there something the pegasi representatives were hiding?

If it was any kind of bits, she'd thank Celestia to have something to buy food with. She hated relying on her marefriends for everything - at heart she was extremely independent and rebellious. They really mellowed her out, if that was at all possible.

More importantly, she was hung up on Luna's use of the word 'where'. Was some place part of her supposed inheritance? The whole world saw how well that went over last time. She wasn't hopeful it would be different this time.

She heard the shower finally shut off and took a look around the room. It looked much cleaner than before, but the other three sleeping in the remainder of the mess would have to do the rest. As Mist opened the door, Lightning snuck around and caught her in a quick kiss, before heading to the door.

"Ready?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   23/12/2012, 7:05 am

Mist nodded as she pulled a small satchel over her side. She smiled at Lightning and followed her out the door, making sure to lock it behind them.

As they walked down the halls, Mist spoke.

"So, breakfast with the Princesses....never thought I would get to do that. Hopefully they won't mind me coming along."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next