The Lights of Harmony

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/12/2012, 1:40 pm

Mist nodded.

"Right."

She looked at the pony-shaped, glowing green golem.

"Sorry Anima."

The golem couldn't smile, in fact it didn't even have a mouth, but the giggling could be heard.

"It's alright Mist. I'll be with you. Always."

The golem fell away in a pile of dust as the green energy shot back into Mist, making her collapse momentarily before she stood back up, confidence in her features.

"Let's get moving."

It became a flurry of movement, every pony, griffon, zebra, and even crystal began to prepare for the final fight. But the Vigilate were only the backup.

Lightning, Gold, Stone, Mist, and Fas were readying themselves, pulling on barding and cloaks, grabbing the special weapons made and given to them, like the sharp metal bear claws that were strapped to Stone's forehooves and the freshly sharpened razor wings Gold was currently flexing and folding. Fas simply slid the curved blade of her sica into the holster on her left forearm, while Mist loaded more powders onto her armor and strapped a small war axe to her right foreleg.

Gold spoke up after pulling her cloak on.

"Alright, can you recap the plan for us, just for good measure? And don't try to convince us to leave. I'm gonna be there to watch your back, along with everyone else."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/12/2012, 2:05 pm

Lightning tightened the last piece of her armor and nodded. "So. The Elements are lying in wait at the castle ruins in the Everfree forest. You are all supposed to head to that same location, or if you have wings, be with me in the clouds. I will be spawning the equivalent to a hurricane over the Everfree Forest. Other Vigilates have altered the weather schedule to make several storms float a bit to close to the forest."

She looked at all of her mares expectantly. "No matter what happens hold your ground and do not chase me if you can't fly. This storm will be unforgiving and ruthless. It will be enough to draw Noble Victory out of her hole, since it will directly threaten her seat of power."

She kissed each of her marefriends once, lightly. "Pyro and Fine have some serious firepower prepared to snare Noble. That's when the elements will seal her away. That should release Princess Celestia, who will be able to get control back."

She trotted to the door, her wingblades humming with anticipation. She sheathed them at her sides and motioned to the door.

"Let's go meet the princess."

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/12/2012, 2:44 pm

Fas chuckled as the group made their way out into the hallway and towards the location of the Princess.

"Those two mares definitely have some serious firepower alright. Had to treat them both for burns and damage to their systems from the chemicals. I even got a little scared at the gleam they both had in their eyes."

Stone gulped audibly.

"I hope Pyro didn't break Fine. That mare can get a little stir-crazy when she's agitated. Or drunk."

Gold chuckled this time.

"Well, I guess we can only hope that they both get to use the fruits of their labor. Spending a few days in a chemical laced room would be forgiven if they both get to see something go boom."

It wasn't very long until they finally found the Princess. The room they were in was filled with maps, diagrams, and formulas on paper, most relating to weather and the effects of it. From Mist's calculations, as she read one of the diagrams, the weather will take time to get back onto schedule.

Gold thought back to the others. Temporal, Dalila, Idris, and Fleur had left already, promising to meet up after the battle. Axel, Cloud, and Diamond had been moved to work as support, though Cloud looked hesitant and Idris didn't want Diamond anywhere near the fight, since she could be a possible target.

They stood before the Princess.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/12/2012, 2:51 pm

To say it wasn't a long ride back up, would be far from the truth. It was perhaps the longest few minutes of Lightning's life. She kept fidgeting in place trying to block out all the doubts and worries that threatened to drag her away from the focus she needed to keep. All the while she kept glancing at her marefriends - how she was so scared one of them would get hurt, or worse.

The sudden stop of the elevator rocked her from her thoughts. The sky outside was dark and gloomy. A hard desert rain had been planned for the area - it was a perfect seed for her hurricane.

"Those of you staying to work on the storm stick with Lightning. Otherwise stand by me," Luna said.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/12/2012, 3:04 pm

Gold and Fas got beside Lightning, Fas speaking up.

"I may not be a weather pony, but I can still manipulate clouds. Plus, you'll need a medic."

Gold chuckled lightly, despite the dread she was feeling. She gave a reassuring smile at Stone and Mist.

"Loves, we'll be back, we promise you. Just remember to buy the fine wine when we get back."

She winked at them both and gave Lightning and Fas a grin that only a conspirator could carry, her eyes half-lidded.

Stone chuckled as she took the mask off of it's clip and placed it over her face, the faint luster of light showing the enchantments placed on it. The same glow was showing from everyone's armor.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/12/2012, 3:26 pm

In the blink of an eye the other group melded into the shadows with the princess. A roll of thunder from the distance brought them back to the sound of torrential rain.

"You two need to make sure there isn't any rotation in the opposite direction when I start putting this storm together we can't let tornadoes spin off of this storm. At least, not yet."

Lightning trotted out into the pouring rain, kicking off the ground and into the sky. As she broke into the cloud layer she began to fly in a tight circle. Around her she felt the tension in the air, she sheer energy just building up inside of the clouds. Gradually she began to increase her speed, pulling the storm tighter together. The winds below began to pick up.

She began to force the storm away from the town , taking its lethality towards the Everfree Forest.

It was almost ten minutes before she sucked up another rainstorm. Fortunately that proved to be enough power to get the eye wall to form. The pressure of a falling building seemed to slam into her head on. Sweat mixed with rainwater as she forced the storm to bend to her will. It was taxing and she could feel the strain of the storm weighing down on every part of her body trying to crush her into a tiny compact ball of flesh and bone.

But she was resilient. Another ten minutes passed. Her wings felt like they were on fire. Lightning arced out of the storm and into the unsuspecting grounds below. Whole parts of the desert were beginning to flood over, spilling towards the river beyond Appaloosa. If this wasn't getting somepony's attention now, it sure would soon.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/12/2012, 3:37 pm

Fas and Gold followed, only catching a few dust devils, but a tornado was forming a distance from the main wall. Gold gritted her teeth and pumped her wings hard to collapse the tornado. Her ears rang from the squealing that her razor wings were making, the metal scraping against each other from the brutal winds.

To someone who was a distance away, like Fas and Lightning, it sounded like someone dive-bombing at high speeds and not pulling up.

The tornado finally dissipated and Gold joined them again, panting from the exertion.

"Damn, I'm gonna have to go back to my exercises again. I think this trip's making me fat."

Fas couldn't help but chuckle. It seemed that Gold was the type to crack jokes in the middle of a dangerous and serious mission. She then looked over at the city of Canterlot, it's great skyscrapers lingering in the distance.

She could see arcs of magical blasts and hear the echo of percussion cap and powder-based weapons going off.

It seems that the Guard has acted, and the Vigilate are holding them in the city.

Fas mumbled to herself.

"No interruptions..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/12/2012, 4:27 pm

Lightning was getting tired now. It had taken over an hour of hard flying and pushing, but now the storm was on Canterlot's doorstep. She felt the last thunderstorm drawing close to the hurricane and braced herself.

The storm roared with lightning as the energy slammed home. Lightning had to ride lightning bolts just to compensate for the energy in the storm.

Trees were being torn up from the ground, while houses miles away in Ponyville were having their shingles tossed around like paper.

Then as the sound of lightning died down, she heard it. The unmistakeable sound of windigoes on the stormy air. She tried desperately to find the source, but it was impossible to see from within the eye wall. She hovered out of it, making certain that the hurricane would sustain itself.

The chariot heralded a huge blizzard, coming over the sky like a wave of shadow and mist. If that storm were to collide there would be no telling the damage it would cause.

"PULL IT BACK!" She screamed, leaping back into the eye wall. Over and over she pushed the storm, but it was a slow storm. They would be cooked in a minute or less.

She looked at Gold and Fas as she exited the walls in desperation. Noble Victory's horn was glowing with white magic.

She grabbed both Gold and Fas and knocked them through the eye of the storm.

"FOALS!" Noble screamed.

Lightning dove into her storm and did precisely what she was told not to do. Absorb it.

She pulled the energy into her like a pony trying to eat itself to death. But before she felt like bursting, she kicked into the cloud.

All at once the storm coalesced into a giant lightning bolt, wide enough to cover the expanse of Ponyville. All of the energy she couldn't hold she forced into the light, blindly charging her mother's carriage. When she connected the the blizzard it was as if the whole world was getting crushed by the moon above them.

Fighters in the street were forced to their stomachs, while buildings cracked and strained under the weight. Trees were shoved deeper into the ground, or were ripped up alltogether.

But out of all of it, Lightning was able to push them in the right direction. Her unconscious and battered form blew through the ruins at blinding speeds and plowed a deep hole into the stone floor.

Noble Victory fared better. She looked as though she had 't felt the hit at all, and she rose laughing. A magic shield surrounded her body as she slowly walked towards the fallen pegasus.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/12/2012, 4:53 pm

The ground underneath Noble Victory flashed red as a large circular rune suddenly glowed, Mist coming in from behind a pillar, her horn glowing red as her entire body glowed with red runes. The ground became the consistency of waterlogged mud, and the alicorn sunk down to the top of her knees. It held her in place.

The rune flashed again and four spots opened up to reveal four opened boxes floating to the surface. Each one held five purple sticks, a small LED screen showing 'ARMED', and a small picture underneath the screen of an alicorn's skull over crossbones. Pyro and Fine walked out from another pillar, both of them holding a detonator with grins on their faces.

They both pushed down.

The Noble's shield filled with almost muted explosions, the blasts a light purple color and leaving behind a lavender haze. Noble's shield expelled, but then reactivated once the smoke was gone. She was charred, but still trying to break free from the ground.

Stone walked out from behind the wall Lightning had collided with. On her side, hooked onto her barding, was a large, ornately decorated rifle, it's barrel ribbed and flaring in places. Gold and silver covered it's entire surface. The barrel itself was longer than Stone.

She leaned forward and grabbed a type of bit in her mouth, which was actually the handle for the firing mechanism. Stone didn't know about guns, but she could understand 'bite this, push'. She did just that.

A loud 'BANG' made her ears ring as a the recoil knocked her on her rump. She still had her eyes on Noble, who's shield had flared to protect her from the round. It punched through. It went cleanly through her shoulder and out of her shoulder, the shield shattered like glass.

No one reacted to her scream of pain.

Stone shouted.

"SHE'S HELPLESS! DO IT NOW!"

The Element Bearers showed themselves, ready to activate the Elements.

Meanwhile, Fas was using her magic to heal Lightning, pumping as much as she could into her systems.

She spoke calmly, despite the tears that were forming.

"Come on....wake up Lightning.....wake up.....please......don't leave us alone....."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/12/2012, 5:00 pm

Lightning stirred slightly. Pain wracked every fiber of her body. It was almost unbearable to be alive. At least, she hoped she was. Her eyes briefly caught a flash of rainbow light as it slammed into Noble's screams of pain.

She tried to get a better look, but the pain that reacted to it forced her back onto her back and back into the dark.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/12/2012, 5:12 pm

They surrounded her. Stone, Gold, Mist, and Fas surrounded the hospital bed that held their love. Things had been rough.

Sitting in the Ponyville General Hospital for four days can do that to you.

They stayed vigilant over Lightning's form, keeping away the press, the snoopers, anyone that shouldn't be allowed in a hospital to begin with. They had been told that Lightning's injuries were severe, and that only by a miracle she hasn't slid into a coma yet.

Gold was curled up in a chair, Stone sitting next to her and nuzzling her head in comfort. Mist and Fas were constantly feeding their medicinal magic into Lightning, and Mist had even tried to go into her dreams, but none of it was effective, the magic not waking her up and the border into Lightning's dreams somehow blocking Mist.

They just had to wait, the doctor had told them.

....The wait started to hurt.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   16/12/2012, 5:08 am

The first thing she was fully conscious of was this horrible beeping noise. Every time it would sound, she felt as though the room was rocking back and forth. Everything in her body just felt sore or numb - like Fas had overloaded her senses until she couldn't feel at all.

She moved slightly, but even that was met with pain and resistance. Her eyes fluttered open adjusting slowly to the light. A smile crept on her face.

Fas and Mist were still pumping her full of magic, but neither had yet seen her open her eyes.

"Anypony have a mute button?" She asked. "That beeping is hurting my ears."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   16/12/2012, 6:36 am

Everyone's eyes widened and smiles broke out. Fas stopped feeding Lightning magic and reached behind the heart monitor and flicked a switch, the beeping stopping, but the machine continued to showed her heart rate. Stone and Gold got up and went over to the bed while Mist and Fas hugged her gently, being mindful of her injuries. Mist spoke.

"Don't ever scare us like that again, love. It hurt to wait for you to wake up...."

The others nodded. Stone moved around the bed and spoke up next.

"You've been out for four days, hon."

Gold nodded and spoke next.

"We got ourselves one hell of a time ahead of us...."

Fas reached forward and ran her claws through Lightning's mane, her talons glowing green and seeping blissful energy.

"We're a spectacle now. Hope you know how to deal with the press, but lets forget about all of that..."

She leaned forward and pecked Lightning on the lips, Mist, Gold, and Stone copying the movement. Fas began to run a glowing hand across Lightning's body, checking her vitals.

"So, how are you feeling love? Need anything?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   16/12/2012, 1:03 pm

"A glass if milk, a lot of magic, and a day or two of sleep. This hurts so bad, I can't even move."

Lightning smiled and looked at her mares. She didn't care that there was a whole world waiting to take a shot at her. All she wanted was to spend time with her loves - which waited for her as soon as she was better.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   16/12/2012, 4:00 pm

Gold perked up.

"Oh, I can get the milk. It'll be hard to without alerting the doctors, but I can manage."

She spun around on her hooves and walked out of the room. Fas and Mist went back to looking Lightning over. Mist used her magic to pull Lightning into a sitting position while Fas ran her claws across her back, the tips glowing green as she used more medicinal magic to relax the muscles. Mist lowered back into her reclined position and her horn started to pump more healing magic as well.

Stone sighed wearily as she went back to the chair.

"We can make you comfortable, but I'm not sure we'll be here for long. You technically have no more injuries, since Mist and Fas spent the last two days fixing you up. They got inpatient of the doctors not doing anything and choose to act. Doctors and nurses can't argue with a griffon carrying a wicked blade on her arm. You're just sore from laying around and stuff like that. Be glad that Fas and Mist are using magic to dull the pain, otherwise you'd still be out cold."

She gave a sad smile.

"We're going to discharge you soon and try to get you out of here as quickly and as quietly as physically possible. The press and others are spitting foam from wanting to get an interview and some pictures of all of us. None got here so far, since Idris has a few Vigilate blocking the halls and only allowing staff to go through."

It was at that time that Gold came through, balancing a plate with a glass filled with milk on one of her wings. She placed it on the side table. Stone continued.

"We're going to be staying with a friend of mine in Ponyville. She owns an inn attached to her bar. She's going to let us stay there until we can get transport back into Canterlot without being seen or found out. None of us can really go anywhere now. So..."

She sighed and leaned back.

"We might as well relax until we can get out of here and into the Crystal Rite. I'm sure ol' Repo can get that figured out for us. After all, she offered."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   16/12/2012, 5:28 pm

Lightning smiled. "That's very kind of your friend to let us stay with her. I hope we won't be imposing. But," she said eyeing the glass of milk. Without help, she wouldn't be able to drink it at the moment. "While I don't doubt you on your ability to take care of me, wouldn't it be safer in the hospital? I mean, the doctors are professionals at healing ponies. Since I'm still in a lot of pain, the least they could do is give me some medicine."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   16/12/2012, 6:09 pm

Fas sighed as she pulled hre hands away from Lightning.

"That's just the thing though. Pretty much everyone out there has an estimate on when you'll get out and are going to be waiting on us, ready to ask invasive and stupid questions."

Mist, meanwhile, had noticed Lightning's predicament and used her magic to levitate the glass of milk to Lightning's lips, tipping the glass and lowering it on Lightning's motions. Fas still continued.

"There's also the case that we, and by that I mean the Vigilate, have medication rivaling that of the hospitals in Canterlot, with half of our stuff more potent and in surplus. And I don't wanna sound like I'm bragging, but despite being a medic, I actually carry a very good education, carry the knowledge of a doctor with over a dozen P.H.D's ranging from neurosurgeons to heart specialist. I can serve as your doctor for now, and Repo agreed to let us set up some equipment in the suites in order to keep you on the IVs."

Fas sighed and slumped.

"I hate to ask such a thing of you Lightning, but then again, this is your choice. Both have equal pros and cons to them I suppose."

She then chuckled.

"But you know, I would bet that the minute your release is about to happen, the Princess will probably swoop in, clear the crowd, and escort us out. It's a possibility."

Stone spoke up.

"Whichever choice happens, Repo said she would keep the room reserved for us if we needed it. To be honest, I'm not exactly feeling keen on being in Canterlot right now, not with the Vigilate still dealing with Noble Victory's loyalists."

Gold sighed as she sat by Stone, then spoke up.

"I guess they were wrong, the end of the war is the worst part, not the war itself. I just hope our shop's still standing. We still had our stuff there."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   17/12/2012, 4:40 am

Lightning finished of the glass, licking her lips as Mist set it back down on the table. The scratchy feeling in her throat subsided.

"Then get me the paper I have to sign. I know it won't be as easy as giving permission. Just make sure we can get there without a hitch."

She grimaced as she managed gently slide her foreleg over a bit. "Thanks for waiting up for me."

Another thought came to her head, "Oh. Can we pick up the morning paper on the way out? I'm dying to read something."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   17/12/2012, 5:27 am

Stone chuckled as she left.

"Sure sure, I'll be right back."

It took her a few minutes to come back, the discharge papers with her and a doctor who had agreed to unhook Lightning from the equipment. As he got started, Stone spoke up again.

"We're going to be sneaking you out of the back, where the emergency carriages usually come in. The front is filled with ponies we really don't wanna meet."

The doctor gave a skeptical look at the group.

"Can we at least subscribe the medication needed? We're breaking enough of the standard hospital rules as it is."

Fas sighed and ran her claws through her feathers.

"Fine, just hurry. If they swamp us, I'm blaming you."

She made a show with her claws to get her point across. The doctor nodded and took off, leaving Lightning unhooked from the machines. Stone made her way the bed.

"Well love, you're certainly going to get to enjoy riding on my back again, since I don't know if it's smart to have you doing strenuous running right out of the hospital."

The doctor returned, carrying a few orange bottles with labels on them and a sheet of paper instructing on what to do with the pills. And Once he got Lightning's signature on the paper, he grumbled and left. Gold snorted as Stone pulled Lightning onto her back.

"Jackass didn't even stay to tell us where to go."

Fas gestured towards the door and they started to move.

"Don't worry, I mapped out the hospital on the second day. I know where to go."

She looked back at Lightning, who had her head resting against Stone's neck.

"We'll get you your paper when we're at the Crystal Rite."

And with that, they started walking down the halls, heading for their exit.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   17/12/2012, 8:29 am

It was several days still until Lightning was finally in an ok condition. She had spent the day after arriving in their new temporary place trying to walk around without any pain. But today was a real test for her - being able to fly.

The previous morning she had been cruising in the air over the Everfree Forest - avoiding both journalists and continued angry protesters hovering around the town. The hope that things would be anywhere close to normal had been seriously shaken when she was almost attacked on her first walk outside of their place.

But so far, she was just happy to be in one piece and almost back to some kind of normal. She was looking forward to the princess coming by at some point, of course - but she had shoved any thought of facing the political scrutiny waiting to rain down on her far from her mind.

For now, Lightning was cooking, trying to get her mind back in order. After her nightmares forced her awake a few hours ago, she'd been trying to let the other four sleep while she cooked. By now, sunrise had come and gone, but she was still staring out at Canterlot in the distance. A sense of dread crept into her mind. There was no way she knew what would be happening from here on out.

A light ding brought her from her senses and she went to fetch the fresh fruit tarts from the oven.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   17/12/2012, 9:05 am

Gold yawned and stretched, before yelping and falling off the bed's edge and onto the floor with a muffled thud. She was really glad that the bedrooms of the suites had carpeting. She rolled onto her hooves and looked at the bed. They were still asleep. Fas was curled up the other side while Stone was curled around Mist like a cocoon. She noticed the distinct lack of Lightning.

She sighed, whispering to herself.

"Another nightmare...."

The gold-maned pegasus wandered out of the bedroom, making sure to close the door, and into the living, the kitchen that was attached preoccupied with a lightning-maned pegasus that refused to sleep peacefully.

Gold slowly and softly walked into the kitchen towards the pegasus mare.

"It's upsetting that you can't get a good nights sleep because of those damn nightmares."

She stood by Lightning's side, smiling faintly at her.

"And it really sucks that you got hurt so badly in the end. We never got to have a celebration of any sorts, not even an 'after party'."

She smirked and winked at Lightning, then looked back at what she was doing.

"I hope Reposado isn't putting you off with some of her visits. We were close to her, and she was one of the first ponies that supported Stone and I when we first started dating. Besides...."

She bumped her hip against Lightning, smirking again.

"It's always nice to have someone tell you that you're cute every once and a while."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   17/12/2012, 2:47 pm

Lightning placed the fruit tart tray on a hot plate situated in the center of the table. She blushed slightly at the comment, but the rest of her emotions were clouded by the specter of her nightmares. Just the other night she had her first actual night terror - a night are so vivid that they couldn't wake her from it. Had it not been for Mist and that pheonix in her dream... Well. She may have scared Repo pretty badly that night.

She was hiding it from her marefriends too - how vivid the dreams were, how horrible and twisted they had been to the point that she woke up crying almost every night. Since she was beginning to be able to shut Mist out from her emotions, she had been getting away with her private emotional moments.

Why? She had asked that question many times, but there had never been an answer that she found to be acceptable. For now, she hid them to keep her marefriends safe, but Mist was getting worried. She wouldn't be able to keep it to herself for much longer. They just knew that she had bad dreams and nightmares. That was it.

She must have been playing with the tray for too long because she felt Gold's hoof on her shoulder. "Don't worry about it. They're just nightmares, they're not real."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   17/12/2012, 3:21 pm

Gold sighed, her smile gone and the shine in her eye gone. She looked in Lightning's eyes.

"Love, let me tell you a story about a mare that had a traumatic experience in the big city of Manehattan. She gained a lover that was fire-forged just for her, two mares that could get through it, through therapy and love."

She sighed.

"But as time passed, that mare started to question her worth. She wondered if she was right for her love. The therapy ponies though she was making progress, but she only flashed a glassy smile and waved a hoof, fooling them that she wasn't a hurricane of doubt and loathing."

Gold felt a tear sliding down her cheek.

"She started to have nightmares about that night in Manehattan, seeing those sickening faces as they stared down at her, determined to make her suffer for the rest of her life. When she as alone, she would cry, she would scream, she would curse the Goddesses and them, wishing that death was slow and painful for them.....but it would never leave her tainted conscious. She would see them out of the corners of her eyes, in the shadows of every room...."

Gold had droplets of tears falling from her eyes as she choked back a sob.

"She was haunted. She was paranoid of the world. She hurt, as though they were still beating her in that dark alley in the rainy night. She lashed at her lover with harsh words that weren't even meant for her. She wanted the pain to stop......she wanted to escape from the world and it's cruel hold on her, she wanted those nightmares to stop.....she tried....."

Gold pulled her right hoof from Lightning's shoulder as she held back the choking sobs. She lifted her leg up for Lightning to see. She sat back on her haunches and brushed the fur away on the ankle between her hoof and foreleg. A pink slash of scar tissue, paler than the skin around it, ran across her ankle.

Gold still spoke through the tears.

"She tried in the moment of weakness......but her lover saved her, not with scolding and harsh words, but with love and comfort, whispering that everything will be alright if she accepts. The mare didn't know what her love meant by 'accepts', but it would dawn on her. She wasn't alone. If she accepted help, she wouldn't be alone ever again...."

Gold still managed a sad smile as the shine seemed to come back.

"She accepted the mare into her traumatized heart, willing to let her share the hurt and pain....She was never alone again..."

She looked up at Lightning, smiling more as her legs settled back onto the floor. Her tears still fell.

"....Can you guess who that mare was?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   17/12/2012, 3:34 pm

Lightning scooped Gold up in her forehooves, clutching her tightly against her chest. She shushed her as she ran a hoof through her mane, stroking it softly and gently. There were no words that she was able to offer to Gold. She let her cry into her shoulder while trying to comfort the other mare.

"I have had a nightmare every night since I've been here. All seven days. I know you think it's been three times, but..."

She hit her lower lip. "I hide in the bathroom and cry afterwards. But I haven't said anything. To anypony."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   17/12/2012, 4:03 pm

Through her sobbing, Gold still managed to smile at Lightning and shake her head at the pegasus as she buried her head into her shoulder. She calmed down enough to speak.

"Take it from first hoof experience, the paranoia will drive you insane. Don't take the path on the long road that's the shortest. It drops off into a deep abyss of pain and suffering. Don't keep your emotions hidden and don't try to hide them from us."

She tilted her head to look at Lightning with one eye exposed.

"We can help you, Lightning. Stone and I have done our best to get through Manehattan, now Stone, me, Fas, and Mist will help you get through the trauma you suffered in your life and from the damn war."

She gave a sad smile.

"It may take more than a few days and happy thoughts to help you, but we'll be with you the entire step of the way."

She buried her head back into Lightning's shoulder.

"Remember, if you are happy, we're happy with you. If you're crying, we'll cry with you. You'll never be alone."

She leaned up and kissed Lightning, holding it for a moment before pulling back, grinning past the tears.

"Never."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next