HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Lights of Harmony

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 4:40 am

Gold's face reddened again, threatening to stop her heart from how much blood she was using.

"Uh, well, um...well...you see-heh heh-it...was-"

Her stammering was cut off as Stone wrapped a foreleg around Gold and oulled her into a strong half-hug, cutting off her ability to speak.

"What I believe Goldy is trying to say is, that it was quite a....memorable week."

Axle spoke up.

"Memorable enough that some ponies have likely kept a copy of the morning paper that day so that they can read it over and over again, hon."

Axle Nut smiled.

"Judging by Gold's reaction, you must be the 'White Lightning' that she has been talking about. I am Axle Nut, and it is nice to meet you."

Fine Print, who had her eyes narrowed slightly in concentration, spoke up next.

"Um, yes, it's quite a treat to meet you deary. I am Fine Print. It is nice to make your acquaintance."

Stone greeted White next, Gold now struggling to get out of her grasp.

"Yeah, what they said, it's cool to meet you. So, you are the mare that Gold seems to chase constantly at every chance she gets."

She gave her a wink and a smile.

"I'm Stone Wall. Again, it's nice to meet you."

Gold had finally managed to get herself free from Stone's grip, giving her an indignant huff while brushing herself off.

"Uh, yeah, what they said I guess. And, I'm really sorry to hear about your apartment. I wish I could've offered you a place to stay. And did you say you joined....the...."

As Gold's eyes trailed to the ceiling, her speech slowed to halt as she saw the familiar red aura of a certain red mare's magic, levitating her right above White Lightning. Her forelegs spread out as her grin got bigger.

"PYRO NO!"

The magic cut off and the mare's trajectory was right above White.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 6:49 am

Lightning looked up just in time to see the red aura drop from Pyro's body. Her right wing shot outwards, pushing her to the side. Her body carried the momentum, spinning her all the way around, before her hooves slammed back onto the floor. She unfurled her wings to their full length, catching the air to slow her down so her back legs only brushed against the back wall.

Her breaths came in small pants and her muscles grumbled angrily at their sudden use. She hated manuvering in small spaces.

"What the hay was that for?" She asked.

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 7:06 am

Gold and the rest of her friends winced at the loud 'THUD' from Pyro hitting the floor flat on her stomach.

But Fine Print recovered faster and trotted over to the mare. She bent down and bit Pyro's ear and pulled, making the mare groan in pain and quickly scramble to her hooves, where Fine Print was ready to scold.

"Pyro! You know better than to tackle ponies!"

"But I was going to give her a hug-"

"NO BUTS! You know better than that. You could've seriously hurt the poor mare."

Wrapping a foreleg around Pyro, Fine Print led her to the table to continue her lecture.

Gold, meanwhile, hadn't been paying attention. She was still in awe at the quick reflexes that White had just shown.

"Wow White! I figured you were fast and all, but that was crazy! Even with my hoofboxing, there's no WAY I could've dodged Pyro."

She then gave a sheepish smile.

"And, sorry about Pyro. She just likes to hug new ponies. Especially when the ponies are considered friends to her. She's...'excitable', I guess you can say."

Fine Print spoke up.

"And she's VERY sorry, right Pyro, dear?"

Pyro, a rather sad look on her face, looked up.

"Yes. I'm...very very sorry for trying to tackle hug you."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 7:17 am

"It... it's fine," she stammered. The blood in her face rushed to her cheeks. She had gone and made a fool of herself again. Hell, she had gone and done something noticable. Most ponies couldn't and wouldn't do that sort of thing.

"Listen, I have to go finish my routine before I go back to the barracks. I'll see you around some time." She walked over to the door, bits completely forgotten. "It was nice to meet you all," she added.

She pushed out the door and trotted down the street towards the speedway. The small park outside of it would be abandoned this time of year, so she took a chance. If nopony was there she could finally practice in piece.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 7:32 am

Gold watched as White quickly trotted out the door. Wait!

"WAIT! YOU FORGOT-....your...bits..."

There was silence from Gold as the rest of the group stared at her expectantly. Her eyes were still on the retreating form of White Lightning.

"Well, aren't you going to follow her?"

Gold looked at Stone, who gave her a simple smile. Stone then shoved what was White's bits in a small cloth bag into Gold's hooves.

"But-wha?-"

Axle stood up from his chair. He rushed over and started to push Gold towards the door, against the mare's wishes. Once she was out the door, Axle shouted at her.

"Well?! Get bloody goin'!"

He gave Gold one last shove and tossed the bag of bits to Gold as he closed the door. Gold simply stared at them with a flushed face before finally extending her wings and taking flight, making sure to grab the bits as well.

Despite White's coat giving her good camouflage, the electric colored mane made her stick out from the snow rather well. Gold played this to her advantage as she went from building to building, hiding behind them to make sure she wasn't spotted.

Something recurred to Gold after only a few minutes. She wrapped all four hooves around herself as a tremor went through her.

"Sweet Celestia those freaking asshats tossed me without my damn coat!"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 7:48 am

Lightning slowed to a walk as the crowds behind her slowly thinned out. The closer she got to the abandoned speedway, the less ponies she saw milling about. Almost twenty minutes later, when the crowd had disappeared, she took off from the ground and into the sky.

She dipped to the side, lazily flying in loops and spins. Every time she passed through the cloud layer above, she dragged down a piece of storm cloud. She began to line them up into a long spiral from the top to the bottom. Only one thing separated it from looking like a tornado - it was a quarter mile across at the top.

By far it was the most ambitious thing she had tried and it really shouldn't have been the first thing to jump back into. The last time she tried it, she ended up landing in Ponyville. Those train tickets weren't cheap.

Yes, but last time, you traveled along the storm instead of the obstacle course.

She paused what she was doing and groaned. She absolutely hated being right.

Her eyes passed over the obstacle course she had set up and stopped. Not far below her was a familliar pegasus that she did not intend to be audience to.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 8:50 am

Gold had been following White for sometime now. When the buildings had thinned out, she stuck to the crowds at the speedway to keep her cover.

Since most winter coats that the ponies were wearing were white, luckily and unluckily for her, it allowed her to blend in better, though that means White's electric mane was the only thing Gold could follow.

After the crowds became less populated and more scattered, Gold and to use every small rock, building, and random object to cover herself.

She shivered heavily.

"Celestia dammit. Can't even feel my damn legs."

She could've flown, but the pegasus down on her wings were the only things keeping what was left of her body heat. She had to keep them close to her body, or else she would freeze.

She finally, and to her relief, saw that White had stopped at a park outside the Wonderbolt Speedway. It was entirely empty, except for Gold and White.

"F-Finally..."

She wandered into the area and sat down by a bare tree. She started to rub her wings against her coat in attempt to warm herself up as she watched White.

Her eyes widened and her jaw slackened as she saw White extend her wings and took off. It was a good thing she got a little bit ahead of White so she wouldn't miss this moment. Her eyes followed White's form as she broke through the crowd layers, bringing down storm clouds with her. She seemed to be shaping them into a spiral of some sort.

'Maybe she's...building a....form of obstacle course?'

Gold shook her head, but she only made herself feel disoriented. Her head swam as her thoughts clouded over.

She lost her balance, her grip on the tree slipping. She fell on her side into the snow. Wrapping her hooves around herself and clenching her wings against her sides to conserve warmth. Her rather foggy vision caught the sight of White, who was looking right at her.

Her sheepish grin was rather shaky as her shivering increased.

"H-H-Hi W-White. Y-Yo-ou f-forgot your-your b-...bits."

She opened her wings slowly and the bag of bits fell out. Her eyes were now half-lidded.

"I...I a-a-always pay...pay b-back w-what I ow-owe."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 9:05 am

Lightning's adrenaline kicked in almost immediately, as did her hooves. She bucked against the nearest cloud and as such, produced an electric charge. It only lasted a few seconds, but in any other moment, she felt free. Her mane came completely loose, the hair ties burning away in an instant. She could barely feel her hooves snapping to the next cloud as she rode out the bolts of lightning, connecting a few points, instead of her intended obstacle course.

It was intentional of course. What would have taken her at least another few... seconds, really, was done with. Her hooves slammed into the ground causing a huge crash of thunder, but started off once again as she sprinted towards Gold.

"Sweet Celestia, Gold!" She practically yanked her blankets out of her saddlebags and threw it at Gold. Fortunately, it went as planned, spreading out and covering her body. She wrapped her hooves around her neck - something which her body coudn't quite process.

It did process just how cold she was. "You're like an iceburg! Did you pluck out all of your down, or something?"

Lightning lead her over to the bench wiping away the snow with her wing. She squeezed her way under the cold blanket and wrapped her wing over the other pegasus. The warmth she had built up from working out would probably be enough to do something.

"I think I should take you to a hospital. I don't want you to die on me out here."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 10:10 am

Gold's eyes were bleary, as though ice was forming. The sudden flashes of lightning were still in her eyes.

She couldn't feel anything, but she still had her eyes, but just barely.

It happened in bits and pieces.

A bright flash, a pony made of lightning, and loud clap of thunder.

Someone was yelling for her, but who? And what were they saying?

She could feel something covering her, then pulling her up on her weakened legs.

She was being led somewhere.

The coldness was seeping in deeper, her mind buzzing, but nothing making any sense. She was laid down. The voice wasn't speaking, but she could still feel the presence.

Her thoughts stopped as she felt something warm and comforting press against her side, the warmth spreading to her back.

Turning her head, not quite hearing what the presence was saying, she laid her eyes on the presence.

She giggled and scooted closer into the figure. Her face warmed slightly.

"...You...rode the lightning...like...water...or wind....It was...beautiful."

She giggled again and reached a hoof to her neck. Her radio headphones were still around her neck, but were partially frozen. She felt around like it was almost second nature. She tapped the power button, the headphones making a static-like noise.

She turned a nob and the static got much louder. She tapped a few buttons and soon, a powerful guitar could be heard over the static. Gold lightly began to move her head in motion with the musical beat.

"Guilty as charged
But damn it, it ain't right
There's someone else controlling me
Death in the air
Strapped in the electric chair
This can't be happening to me..."

Her speech got weaker and her eyes closed farther. She felt tired.

So, so tired. The pony's shoulder felt rather nice and warm. Maybe, it wouldn't hurt to sleep.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 10:30 am

Canterlot hospital was in a very nice part of town. Its ancient towers signified its inseperable tie to the advance of magic - being connected to Canterlot University. Unicorns taking classes walked across the campus chatting with one another about this exam or some teacher they disliked.

That is, until it started hailing.

The rather normal grey sky turned violent - completely outside of the regulated scope of requested weather. Everypony relied on the weather being exact. Enough that the unexpected caused massive waves of panic throughout the campus.

That and the giant arc of lightning that spanned from one end of the city to the other. It had only taken a minute for Lightning to realize just how sick Gold actually was. When she finally drifted off, she panicked. What did she do? The most noticeable thing she could possibly manage - start a mass panic.

But in the minute that she was airborne, she could care less what laws, doors, windows, or sense of security she shattered. The real trick was avoiding getting blasted as she came down on top of the biggest school of magic known to pony kind.

The last kick she made, had her grabbing hold of some of the clouds with her teeth, keeping Gold as safe as she could manage. As she hit the ground, she spit the bits of cloud out, and leapt onto it. As she rode out the last piece of lightning, she felt the ground behind her freeze solid.

Her entire body barreled through the doors of the Hospital and she took off running down the corridors, until she couldn't handle the strain any longer.

"Help!" she managed to call out, hoarse from absorbing the shock of each bolt of lightning. It was more than she was used to for sure, but Gold... she'd be dead otherwise.

But then, she blacked out.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 11:34 am

"...ugh, I hate the damn cold."

Gold opened her eyes after cussing out the weather. She felt so lethargic. Her mind was faint haze.

A pony of lightning.

Gold's eyes widened.

"LIGHTNING! AGH!"

Gold held her sides. Her body was really stiff from the cold. She could barely even move her wings.

"You mean the mare that brought you here?"

Gold, eyes still hazy looked at the purple blur at the door.

"No, a fucking Windigo. Of course the mare that brought me here!"

The blob lifted what Gold guessed was a foreleg.

"There is no need to be sarcastic."

"Then don't ask stupid questions."

The blur sighed, identified as a mare by voice.

"She's....she's going to have an audience with the Princesses. She's going to be reprimanded for the mass panic she caused when she made it hail and cause a large bolt of lightning to appear across the sky."

Gold flexed her wings and took off from the bed, but a magical aura grabbed her and held her back in the bed. Gold struggled, no matter how much her body hurt.

"LET ME GO! I'M NOT GOING TO SIT HERE WHILE LIGHTNING GOES TO PRISON!"

A wave of sleepiness swept across her, and her body slowly started to stop struggling until she was now completely relaxed.

Her eyes started to tear up.

"I won't lose her, not after what she did for me. I can't...lose her....I...owe her so much."

Her teared eyes were now half-lidded, the need for more sleep overwhelming her.

The blur spoke again.

"It's not up to me or you of what happens to her. But for what she did to save you, how many laws she broke, I don't think the Princesses will be unfair in her punishment. In fact, I know they won't be unfair."

Gold spoke as she rubbed her eyes clear until she could see.

"Who....Who are you?"

Gold's eyes were open just enough to see the mare she was speaking with. She had a purple coat, with a deep purplish-blue mane that had a rose and moderate purple stripe in it and in her tail. Her cutie mark was a pinkish-purple six-pointed star with five white stars surrounding it. Violet eyes, clear as crystals, looked into Gold's with warmness and sympathy.

"My name is Twilight Sparkle"

Gold's eyes would have widened, and her jaw would have dropped, but instead, her head collapsed onto pillow and she was now asleep.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 1:17 pm

"Put your back into it, mules!"

The whole rank of recruits tread through the horrible muck that remained of the training grounds. Three days had passed since the incident, and there was not one thing she wanted more than to be in the dungeon. At least there, she could actually eat and have any kind of mental fortitude.

Perhaps because of her stupidity rather than a regular training regimen, she had been singled out on the very first day of training as a live wire. Somepony stupid enough to bring an entire city to high alert just because she could. Even worse, not a single one of the captains believed her higher motives. She was just another 'criminal' trying to repent by joining the guard.

"If that mare beats you again, I'll see to it that you all run the track again!"

She snarled and picked up her pace. Her commanding officer knew for a fact that she was faster than the other trainees by a long shot. Even now, wading through the mud and goop, she was five or six strides ahead of the next pony. The C.O. paced along the wall above the obstacle course. He was very displeased.

She hardened her resolve and pushed herself even harder, her wings straining against the ropes tied firmly around them. Within moments, she burst from the mud and plowed across the open field to the end.

It took almost two or three minutes for the last of them to cross the finish. The C.O. fluttered down onto the field. Everypony snapped to attention.

"ARE YOU JOKING?" He bellowed. "NOT ONE OF YOU CAN KEEP UP WITH A FILLY?"

The assembly tried to stay staring forward, but most of them were breathing hard.

"I thought it was bad enough that our resident felon beat you the first time. She's got bruises on her legs, her wings are tied tighter than ship moorings and you still can't keep up! IT'S DISGRACEFUL!"

The doors to the castle opened as three unicorns strolled onto the training fields.

"RUN IT AGAIN!"

A few of the others groaned, while Lightning sighed and turned to jog back to the starting line.

"Not you, felon. Sentencing time."

She turned around and saluted as best as she could manage.

"Get out of my sight," he growled. He very deliberately slammed his shoulder into hers as he passed by, saving his frustration for the other recruits.

The two gray unicorns flanked her on either side while the other looked her over. She saluted respectfully.

"Cadet."

"Sir," she responded.

"Follow me."

After meandering the halls for what seemed like hours, the guards stopped before a huge set of doors - the throne room. The white unicorn nodded for her to enter, which she did without a word.

Both princesses sat on their respective chairs, having been outfitted for hosting owevcourt during the twilight hours. That much she remembered from school. But she didn't really know what to expect from them. Part of her prayed for the dungeon. She bowed low once she got close enough to the Princesses.

"White Lightning of the noble house of Platinum. You are here because of your actions several days ago over the city of Canterlot. You incited mass panic by warping the weather patterns beyond normal limits, shattered several windows in the Canterlot Hospital as well as the front doors, and have caused several minor injuries from your entrance to the university grounds."

A short but tense silence passed over the room. She expected to be banished for this.

"However, you showed considerable bravery and talent - the kind which my sister and I look for. But even a noble cause can have unintended consequences."

The doors behind her opened as a purple unicorn and a light blue pegasus strolled into the room. She nearly fainted when she realized who they were.

Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle - two of the greatest heroes in Equestria - stopped by the throne, bowing in turn.

"You have a report for me, my faithful student?"

"Of course."

Celestia read the scroll and nodded. "Thank you." The two ponies bowed and walked out of the throne room.

"It appears that on my student's recommendation, you are to be 'let of the hook'."

Lightning's jaw dropped.

"When I called the Elements of Harmony to gather, it set the minds of those in the city at ease. Nopony who witnessed the event can quite recall who they saw. It was... taken care of. You may go."

Lightning tried to turn around, but she lost her balance and fainted.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 2:18 pm

"GOLD!"

Gold 'oofed' as a large gray mare ran to her side and pulled her in a bone crushing embrace and nuzzled at her face. Gold was prepared though, since she heard Stone coming from the minute she bellowed out, calling for Gold's room number and her current condition.

"I'm so so so sorry Gold!"

She started to cry.

"We should have NEVER told you to chase after her. If we hadn't, you wouldn't of nearly died!"

Gold rubbed Stone's neck with her only free hoof.

"It's okay Stone. It's okay. Lightning and I are alive and well. She saved me Stone. And at the cost of whatever punishment that the Princesses will deliver."

"She won't."

Gold looked over Stone's shoulder at Fine Print. She looked like a mess, with bags under her eyes, her mane in disarray, and her eyes bloodshot from sleepless nights.

"What do you mean 'She Won't'?"

Fine Print smiled, her first genuine smile for the week.

"Well, according to my...resources...Miss Lightning had not been punished with any jail sentences that I know of. She was let go because of her heroic act of saving you. But, there were some...outside complications...that nearly turned this into one large lawsuit, not counting the ponies who complained about noise violations, minor injuries, and one pony who faked going deaf. At least they couldn't sue what they didn't see."

Gold and Stone chuckled lightly at that.

Fine Print's smile faded.

"But, I did learn something rather...interesting about Miss Lightning that I think you would like to hear, Andromeda."

Gold grin dropped and her eyes narrowed.

"If it's something personal, you can go burn it Print. I may be curious, but I don't invade on pony's lives."

Fine Print stepped forward.

"It's about her family, Gold."

That got Gold's attention. Only when Fine Print was going to say something powerful and important did she call Gold 'Gold' instead of 'Andromeda'.

"Gold, Lightning is a descendant of Princess Platinum. The first pegasus born in the tree in over 800 years, if I'm right. She is the daughter of one of the most influential noble families in Canterlot."

Silence.

"WHAT?!"

The nurse outside yelp and the serving tray in her magical grip flew through the air and clattered to the ground.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 2:43 pm

The ranks of plate mail clinked together as Lightning walked down the street. She was off-duty after a very long first day of freedom. Well, relative freedom. She still had training planned for a long while, but over the last few months of training, she was sure she had finally found her calling.

For the first few months, it was brutal. She was still treated as a criminal for a while, despite the pardon. But it was only until she got pushed so hard that she finally fought back with a challenge. One of the other hot-shot cadets had made her life there a living hell, which she paid back in full. One swift lightning fueled charge was enough to silence the idiot and keep the other trainees away from her.

On the other hoof, she was completely isolated. Some nights she would spend sobbing into her pillow from how lonely it was. Everypony still had a stigma about her being in for the long haul - actually making it, too. At meals she sat alone. Team building was filled with icy reluctance and usually failed several times. Her break hours were spent reading or training just to reduce the stress of being the root cause of extra runs.

All in all, her mere presence had caused half of the trainees to be left in the dust from extra exercise. To top it all off, during their final march across the field, no one cheered or clopped their hooves when her name was called, save for the upper ranks out of either politeness or reluctance.

That's why she found herself outside of the electronics store once again. There were few times when Gold wasn't lingering in the back of her mind. She thought of sending a letter, but when she wrote one, it started a rumor of her being... Well. That wasn't important. What was important was that she was here now.

The mare pushed open the door and walked into the shop, looking around for Gold.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 3:15 pm

Gold heard the ringing of the front door's bell. Despite having thought about destroying it over a hundred times, she still liked the bell.

She got down from her training position. She panted lightly as she tore off the sweatband she was wearing and slipped of the padded hoof gloves. The punching bag she had hanging from the ceiling in the corner of the room upstairs swayed from the punishment she had inflicted on it.

"Hang on moment! I'll be down in a minute!"

She wiped the sweat from her brow with a towel she had on hoof and took off for the stairs.

She passed a mirror, but something stopped her. She went back and looked herself over.

Quite a bit had happened over the course of three months. Ever since her near death, Gold had held quite a strong feeling of bettering herself. Her appearance had even changed a little.

Her body now subtly bulged from the strong muscles she had gained from increasing her workout regime and her hoofboxing lessons. Her messy gold mane and tail were now a little longer. She wore radio headphones that were a snow white color with gold flower and star patterns across the surface.

That reminded Gold of her old radio headphones from last winter. She had been somewhat heartbroken when she learned that the massive amount of electricity she traveled through had utterly fried them into black hulls with black smoke and electric sparks spewing out of them. But it didn't last long when Axle Nut and Pyro had come together to get her better ones. Pyro had even cast a protection spell around them, making them everything-proof.

Remembering she had a potential customer, Gold charged down the steps, nearly tripping a few times, and skidded to a halt behind the counter and then trotting to her guest, her eyes closed and a small smile on her face.

"Welcome to Andromeda's Electrica Extravaganza. How can I-"

She opened her eyes. Her voice caught in her throat.

At first glance, the guard would have looked like any other. But the eyes and the mane and tail told her who it was.

Her eyes began to tear up and her voice quivered as memories of that night came to the surface of her mind.

"Lightning?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 3:36 pm

Lightning couldn't help but blush the moment she stopped moving. It was almost as if she was caught in a dream or some place in time that had forever been set aside. It was unsettling, looking at her like this. Most of that came from the little voice in the back of her head.

She's cute.

Gold was also accounted for. Somehow that seemed to upset her slightly. But not enough to spoil her good mood.

"Uh..." she started, trying to formulate some kind of conversation. She licked her lips - how'd they get so dry all of a sudden?

"Hi, Gold."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 4:02 pm

There was no stopping Gold.

She charged forward, tears in her eyes.

"Oh Lightning!"

She crashed into the mare, the armor clanging from the rough impact and knocking White onto her rump.

Gold threw her forelegs around White's neck and pulled her into a strong embrace. She nuzzled into her neck.

"Oh Lightning! I haven't seen you in so long. When I heard you were going in front of the Princesses that day, I was so worried about you! When Print told me you were let go because you saved my life, I couldn't tell you how relieved I was! But-But when they told me I couldn't see you because of your training, I felt so upset that I couldn't thank you-"

She stopped.

It echoed in her head. Thank you for saving my life.

Gold had to-no-she needed to thank Lightning for saving her. For putting her life at risk and for breaking so many rules to keep her out of death's grasp. All of it.

She was going to thank Lightning the way she had come to a conclusion to when she got out of the hospital.

She blushed, but smiled as she brought her head back, her eyes staring into Lightning's. Sky blue into bright yellow.

Her tears still fell, but now in happiness.

"Thank you, White Lightning, for saving my life. I owe you more than I can ever pay back."

Gold's eyes were now half-lidded.

"But Celestia dammit if I don't try."

Gold closed her eyes.

She leaned forward.

And she kissed Lightning.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 4:14 pm

Lightning had been in several major electrical storms. The last stunt she pulled was ten times worse than any other storm she'd ever seen. The kiss? Far more electrifying than anything she'd ever experienced.

A small part of her was mad she'd just taken her first kiss. The majority slapped that part of her brain into limbo so they could watch the fireworks. She leaned into the kiss before pulling back into the real world.

"I... uh... isn't... Aren't you..."

She cleared her throat. "I thought you were... taken?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 4:40 pm

Gold panted a little, her forelegs still around White. She giggled a little as her blush turned a shade darker.

"Um, well, heh heh, when I told Stone what I planned on doing to thank you, she only smiled and told me that she was okay with it. Despite what a 'normal' relationship is like, mine is anything but with Stone. We're more....open with it."

Her smile become rather shy and she lowered her head, some of her mane covering her eyes.

"She doesn't mind when an....um....extra comes into play."

Her head suddenly shot up and her eyes widened, the red now stretching across her muzzle.

"Uh-uh, not that I'm saying you are are an extra or anything! I-I mean yes your attractive and all but I wouldn't put you in our relationship-I mean, not that there would be anything wrong with it! It's just that I wouldn't wanna put your nice butt-I MEAN YOU in that sort of thing and-and...rgh!"

Gold held her hooves in her face, scolding herself and wondering how much more she could embarrass herself.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 4:58 pm

"I-It's ok. I don't know if I'm ready to jump into one so soon." She giggled nervously, settling the churning in her stomach.

"Not like that was my first kiss or anything," she mumbled.

She cleared her throat quickly to try and change the subject. "Anyway, even though boot camp is over, I'm getting some extra training. I, uh... can't say much about it cause I've been kept in the dark as to why."

She fidgeted in her place. "I missed you. You have no idea how lonely it is in there."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   15/10/2012, 5:35 pm

Gold, her blush diminishing to being just a dark dusting on her cheeks, breathed an internal sigh of relief. She was glad the subject was changed.

And she was happy that Lightning had missed her.

"I wish I could've offered you a job sooner. Then maybe you wouldn't have had to join the Guard. They're a bunch of assholes. And you wouldn't have had to save my sorry ass from freezing to death."

She sighed.

"There's no way I could imagine what it is that you had to go through, but I only wished I could've been there to thank you. I even tried to see you, but the ponies I talked to were rather sensitive about their stallionhood. And sensitive about their mothers. And I think one of them broke down crying when I told him where his chauvinistic personality was going to get him and how I would make sure that I watched him suffer every step of the way down that path and kick him back down should he ever raise his hopes.

She nervously rubbed her hooves together.

"I also had to stop Pyro from blowing the training area up so I could talk to you....Heh, the match was lit when I stopped her."

Gold looked into Lightning's eyes. Her smile was gentle.

"But I'm happy and relieved to know that you missed me. And....I really missed you too. I just wish I could've told you how much I'm grateful, and how grateful my friends are, that you saved my life. And, well....."

She giggled nervously.

"I guess that kiss was the best way for me to express my gratitude. And I guess I should expect a guard, especially a mare, to have such an isolated life."

She smiled. A heartfelt smile.

"If, you ever need a place to, you know, escape to from reality. Or even someone to talk to, I'll be here with a tuned ear and an open heart. After all...."

Her tears ran across her cheeks.

"...that's what friends do for their friends."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   16/10/2012, 1:13 am

Lighning smiled warmly and pressed her neck up against Gold's. She felt giddy - happy in a way she hadn't in a long time. For once, she actually had a friend. Someone who wasn't a passing face in her life like Bottoms Up, or the ponies she met in her short time at private school.

"Thank you. It means a lot to me," she whispered into her ear. She sniffled, fighting back her own repressed tears and planted a light kiss on her cheek. She pulled away for a moment, if only to stretch her wings a bit - showing off some of her plate armor in the process.

"I haven't really had any friends before-"

The doors chimed once again and lightning turned around. Through the door came one of the grey-coated unicorn guards, his horn still aglow with magic. It ceased as he approached the mares.

"Private Lightning?"

She swallowed. "Yes?"

"You are to report to the castle at dusk for your new assignment." He flicked his eyes over towards Gold. Whatever else he had to say was cut short. He floated a scroll into her saddlebags, marked with the seal of a moon - and a sun.

With that, he nodded politely and walked through the door.

Lightning blinked. "That's the most polite somepony's ever been to me."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   16/10/2012, 3:05 pm

Gold watched as the guard left, but her gaze went back to Lightning.

She gently placed a hoof on the spot where Lightning had placed but a gentle kiss on her cheek. She could still feel the fleeting feeling.

She smiled, but then she remembered something that made a gleam appear in her eyes and her blush disappear.

Gold quietly slipped by Lightning's side....

...lifted a hoof...

and lightly smacked the back of Lightning's head.

"That is for not telling me that your talent was being able to ride lightning bolts across the sky at such high speeds. And for not telling me that your real special talent was a thousand times cooler than simple high speed acrobatics."

But she then leaned up and nuzzled at the base of Lightning's ear, then quickly pulled away, a genuine smile on her face.

"And that was an apology for knocking you on the head."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   16/10/2012, 3:28 pm

Lightning rubbed the back of her head, smiling all the while. "My special talent is dangerous. High speed acrobatics is much safer."

She giggled. "To be honest, I'd never taken anypony flying with me before. It was nice."

She unrolled the scroll and looked down the piece of paper. Her face went pale.

"I... I definitely have to go. I mean, unless you, uh, wanted to hit me again. Or something."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   16/10/2012, 3:38 pm

Gold could have sworn that Lightning had gotten paler, but the white fur made it tough.

She padded Lightning's armored wing as she gave her a comforting smile.

"I won't keep you from whatever it is that calls you. And it's none of my business, even if I may have a small idea of what it is. But like I said, it's none of my business."

She stepped around Lightning and looked her straight in the eyes.

"When you get back to your guard job, feel free to write to me when you have another day off. I'll make sure to include you in if my friends and I have a night out on the town. The drinks will be on me."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next