The Lights of Harmony

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: The Lights of Harmony   1/10/2012, 2:21 pm

Hey all,

I just wanted to start an RP thread again. This time, let me be absolutely clear about what this will entail:

- Proper grammar and spelling as best as you can manage. That means describe actions as if you were writing a story.
- Please play as someone other than your ponysona. The point of RPing is being someone you're not.
- Don't intentionally build a character to outright kill every other character or be the grand villain.

Otherwise have fun.

I will set the mood for the story in italics any time it fits.

Characters:

Please use this character sheet. PM it to me so I can talk to you about it BEFORE YOU START POSTING. I will post it here when I approve it.

Name:
Race: (If Pony, which type?)
Birthplace:

-Physical: (mane/tail, eyes, coat color, scars, etc)
-Attire: (clothing, accessories...)

Weapons: (includes hand-to-hand; your character does not need to be proficient in anything)
-On hoof:
-Proficient with:

Special Talent:
Other Skills: (Can be anything from cooking to lock-picking to playing the accordion to drawing cartoons)
Personality Overview:
Brief History:

Anything else you'd like to add:

Also, if you are confused about what I'm expecting of you, let me give you an example of what I'm looking for in a post:

EvenMotion:
"Summer?"
The grey pegasus zipped above the Manehatten Skyline, scooping bits of cloud up in her wings as she sailed towards her intended target: the storm. It wasn't a usual occurrence that she'd be called in to work on a normal storm, but today they were understaffed until a little after eight. It was a little irritating, but hey - the pay was fantastic.
She patted down the final scoop of cloud before looking up at her handiwork. The rain was steady - that was a good sign. The color was spot on for a normal storm - a few darker patches concerned her, but they looked to be harmless enough. Besides, the buildings had lightning rods.
"Summer Storm!"

Character list:
Name: White Lightning
Race: Pegasus
Birthplace: Canterlot

-Physical: White coat, electric blue mane and tail with streaks of sky blue in it. Her mane and tail are well groomed, but change when she flies to become frizzy with static electricity. Usually its tied into a long pony tail. Bright yellow eyes. They seem to glow in pale or dim light.

-Attire: Carries a pair of goggles and a small necklace with Rainbow Dash's cutie mark on it. She's her idol, and favorite Wonderbolt.

Weapons:
-On hoof: None
-Proficient with: None

Special Talent: Being able to "ride" lightning for superfast sprints.
Cutie Mark: A wild lightning colored zigzag across three clouds -
Other Skills: Cooking, Bartending, Can play the harp
Personality Overview: Rebelious, a bit tomboyish, definitely bred for athleticism

Brief History: Born to a pair of unicorn parents, she was immediately shunned as the black sheep in the family - one who's family traced back to the first Unicorn Guard after the incident of Nightmare Moon. She spent most of her life being ignored by her family, given money to keep quiet and stay out of sight. When she got older, she was the last pony to receive her cutie mark, and even so it was after entering the Wonderbolt's School for Aerial Acrobatics. One night while practicing her routine, she got caught up in one of the magical storms conjured by the Princess' foes. When she tried to escape, she was eventually struck by lightning. To her amazement, she found that using the lightning as a catalyst, she could propel herself into small super-fast jumps that bordered on speeds needed to make a rainboom.

Unfortunately, because she could never sustain those speeds, she couldn't qualify for sprints, nor did she get into an opening on the Wonderbolts. But, because she found out that her parents had paid the manager to keep her from the team, she stubbornly refused to give her parents any notice. With whatever money she had, she set off on her own in the city. Within weeks she found herself broke and sleeping from park to park, until she got a gig as a bartender for an old tavern near the castle, The Broken Horn. She makes just enough to scrape by, but she is too stubborn and angry to speak with her family. Not surprisingly, they haven't found the will to do the same.

Anything else you'd like to add:

Name: Gold Andromeda
Birthplace: Canterlot

-Physical: Snow white coat; long, shaggy, gold mane and tail; sky blue eyes; hidden jagged scar on her head
-Attire: large silver radio headphones(headphones with a radio built into them); Silver aviators; bronze horseshoes; brown satchel on her back

Weapon - took hoofboxing lessons(mastered), strong kicker
-On hoof: bronze horseshoes(wears them as accessories), butterfly knife in satchel
-Proficient with: knives, improv'ed weapons, saber wings(a harness over the wings that forms a blade on the main limb)

Special Talent: persuasion (cutie mark is the Andromeda constellation)
Other Skills: good with electronics, quick thinker
Personality Overview: Energetic, flirtatious, deep thinker, curious, open-minded
Brief History: Born as the brother of Black Tribal, Gold Andromeda left Canterlot to live in Manehatten when she turned 18 to seek an identity for herself, where she fell in love with things like dubstep and other kinds of music. Her ability to con stallions who couldn't control themselves has helped her out of many situations, but retaliation from one of them caused her to be ambushed, beaten, and nearly raped until a passing mare named Stone Wall helped her escape. They've been friends ever since. But Gold gained a horrible scar on her head that she keeps hidden by her mane. After taking hoofboxing with Stone Wall, she became skilled at defending herself. A butterfly knife and custom made bronze horseshoes helps too. She moved back to Canterlot because of homesickness, bringing Stone Wall with her. She came to own a small, independent electronics store. Rumor has it that she's dating Stone Wall.

Anything else you'd like to add: Has gathered a few enemies with her conning, VERY sensitive about the 'incident' in Manehattan(she'll snap in anger), tends to become despondent when someone mentions her scar, prefers mares(if the story is rated T or above), will sometimes miss an entire conversation because of a song on her radio headphones, may suffer from narcolepsy(falling into a deep sleep at random), can hold her alcohol, and is one CLINGY drunk.

Name: Cloud Runner

Birthplace: Manehattan

Physical: Smaller build for a stallion, but it helps him with being able to manuever around. He has a light blue coat with royal blue mane and tail, his eyes are an Icy blue, they almost look as if their glowing. His mane is strait He has a diagonal scar down his left cheek starting from the left side of his eye down to his chin, and a small chunk out of his right ear.

Attire: ALways wears a pair of headphones around his neck

Weapons: Whatever he can grab

On Hoof: Anything he can grab

Proficient with: Andything he can grab

Special Talent: Parkour

Other Skills: Graffiti, making beats.

Personality Overview: Cloud Runner's personality ranges, He Has trust issues, and It takes a while to get him to open up. Once you get to know him though, he's Quite friendly and willing to help. Though, He's mainly a loner also. Music is what keeps him going and he always has his headphones and Ipod with him. He listens to a range of things, but manely Heavy metal, Dubstep, and Old school hip hop. He's not paranoid, but, very concious of what ponies around him are doing, always ready for anything. He's also very observant, having to be to know where to jump, land, climb, etc on the fly. He has an emotional side to him, Nopony has ever seen it though, he keeps it to himself, believing that if he lets it out, then he'll be vunrable to another attack, to have somepony that close to him as his "friends" were.

Brief History: Cloud runner was born in Manehattan to a single mom, His father left before he was born, and He dosen't know who he even is. When he was seven, his mother became ill, and not having the money to get her well, she passed away four days before his 8th birthday. From then on, he had to learn The world on his own. To survive he had to make money, which, being eight, he couldent get a job, he resorted to the only thing he could do, steal. He was never taught to fly well, He could fly, but when he was born, he had slight defects in his wings, making him not able to fly for long distances. This got him caught a few times by the law when He would steal. He always managed to get out of the correctional facilities that they tried to put him into. Living in Manehattan all his life, he began using the surroundings to his advantage, what he couldent make up for in flight, he would with manuvarabilty through tight spots and his legs. Soon after he started doing this, he gained his cutie mark, which was a Glyph. Upon gaining this, he started honeing his skills more and got better, learning to do flips, jump high, hang and climb etc. He also used his wings for this, if a building was to far to jump, he could glide to it, to escap whomever he was running from.By the age of 15 He could manuever and escape before you even knew he was there and he was gone with what he wanted. He also picked up another tallent.. Grafitti. He began using grafitti as a way to get his emotions out. This caught the attention of a local group of ponies, when they saw what he could do, they brought him in, gave him a home, fed him, and provided him something he haden't had in seven years, a family. They got into trouble, A lot of trouble through the years, yet they always managed to escape it. One day though, things changed. The ones he thought were his friends.. His family, suddenly turned against him, stabbed him in the back. One day, he decided he was through with the stealing lifestyle, He'd gotten into to much trouble, been an outcast, was always on the run. When he told them, they tried to tell him not to, but he wouldent listen to them, they got agitated, and soon turned violent towards him. They beat him down, leaving him in an allyway, left for dead, bleeding out, He survived though, and went back to being a loner. With this, he started making beats, manely hiphop beats and putting lyrics over them. Though nopony has ever heard them, he keeps them to himself. That brings him up to now, He's Still in Manehattan, but is trying to get out, He lives in a rundown appartment. He managed to find a low paying job at a music shop near the middle class area. He wants to get out, but didn't know how.

He soon found his way out of Manehattan, being threatened with death, he soon hopped a train, while nopony was looking and headed wherever it would take him.

He soon after ended up in Hoofington, and started a new, well, not so new, but new life, doing basically the same thing, and not having a place to live, he camps out wherever he can find a place now.

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!

Last edited by EvenMotion on 10/11/2012, 2:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   1/10/2012, 2:37 pm

Setting:

This story takes place 15 years after the first episode of season 1. The mane six have moved on with their lives, and peace has once again reigned over equestria. WE begin in Canterlot.

Canterlot has benefited in a big way from furthered peace and consistent threats. Much of its old architecture has been seriously upgraded an expanded. The same towering buildings seen in Manehatten have begun to dominate the mountain skyline. Some of the mountains have even been ground down to make way for innovative structures reaching towards the sky. Whole buildings have grown on the underside of the mountain which boasts a huge night life. Airships clog the skies as the primitive rails begin to shift with Earth Pony innovation towards electric counterparts.

Suffice it to say, computers have changed much of the face of the world after their huge public debut long ago. New cultures practically spawned with the times much like today's on Earth.

Our story begins on a snowy day in January...

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   1/10/2012, 4:05 pm

"It's about to go down, we gonna have a showdown,
I'll give you the rundown, righ-igh-ight?
Handle me with friction, take me with conviction, make me your addiction, righ-igh-ight."

The mare shook her frame and danced lightly in the snowy street as the music, loud enough to be heard by the passing couple, made her heart race and her blood pump. It was a miracle that the radio headphones haven't fallen off her head yet. As the music kicked up, her dancing grew more erratic.

She didn't quite see the patch of ice before it was too late.

"Get me naked, I am your- WHAA-AAAAHH!"

Once Gold's hoof set onto the ice, she lost her balance and slid across the patch, stopping in the middle of it, Her rear legs in the air and her shaggy gold mane covering her eyes.

"......uhm, oops?"

Her face reddened a little as she got onto her stomach and pushed herself the rest of way. Quickly straightening herself out, Gold Andromeda then pulled her headphones down, lowered her silver aviators over her eyes, and briskly trotted away, attempting to save face.

Now out of sight, she ran towards a rather small two-story building, the entrance having a neon outline of a pair of headphones and the words 'Electrica Extravaganza' written in fancy, cursive green neon lettering.

After looking around a little to see if anything exciting was going around, Gold trotted through the front door, flipped the sign on the front to 'open', pulled her sunglasses up back into her mane, and finally got behind the counter.

"*sigh*, another day, another bit."

She slumped a little as she went over the cash register and counted the bits still in it.

"...Frickin' hate Mondays..."

Last edited by Black Tribal on 2/10/2012, 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   1/10/2012, 4:12 pm

Funny part about a city in transition - even the oldest part of the city still had its demons. But even the destitute in Canterlot knew that their Princesses cared for them. At least, thats what they hoped.
But to be honest? White Lightning was all out of hope for change. Why should she be? Not a single thing that needed to change ever did.
Lightning pulled the brush through her damp hair, taming the wild strands that threatened to act as a new appendage. It was almost enough to make her cut it off completely, but her mother would approve of the changes.
She grumbled to herself as she began to use her wings to braid her hair. If only work didn't involve a formal type of attire. A few minutes later, she finished wrapping the braid, and stuck a golden lightning bolt into her hair - her nametag for work.
Bartending certainly wasn't her first choice - especially not at a place propped up by the old fashioned crowd of castle workers and shady businessmen. She could have swore that the princesses themselves were keeping the place open.

She trotted through the center space of her apartment, scooping up her key and tucking it into her mane. No need to carry a bag for a key.

As she approached the castle, she felt the sun's warmth begin to ebb away from the air. The storm clouds filled with snow had finally been brought in from Cloudsdale, and unicorn and pegasus alike were prepping the city for the storm. Good thing she had to work an afternoon shift.

"I wonder how much time I've got left," she said aloud. A few heads turned to see who was asking, but she ignored them. She wandered down the main road, looking through the windows of shops for some sort of clock.

She settled on peering through the window of an electronics store, but nothing was apparent. Not even an analog clock. Her face slowly tightened as she began to get frustrated. After a moment or two, she decided that it wouldn't be worth it to get angry and stepped inside the shop.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   2/10/2012, 8:55 am

Gold Andromeda jumped as the bell to the front door signaled that someone had entered. Not two minutes after she opened the shop and she already has a customer! And she REALLY needed to trash that bell.

Looking up, she spotted her potential customer. A rather cute mare with a white coat, much like her own, with a mane and tail of wild blues, both of them groomed neatly like tamed lightning. Her bright yellow eyes kinda reminded Gold of sunlight.

After taking in the appearance of the mare, Gold bounced around the counter with a small pirouette to top it all off. No reaction from the mare.

"Welcome to 'Andromeda's Electrica Extravaganza', home of some of the most trusting and hardy electrical products this side of Equestria!"

The mare now looked rather apprehensive. Was it something she said?

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   2/10/2012, 12:20 pm

Lightning cleared her throat. She should be used to odd individuals by now, after working in the bar for so long. Ponies hitting on her, cat calling her, the occasional "accidental" touch of her flank. But dancing in an electronics store was new.

"Hi. I, uh, just wanted to know what time it was. I don't have a watch," she said. She looked at a few of the digital clocks around the store, but they were all set to different times. Maybe it was a poor idea to stop here after all.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   2/10/2012, 12:42 pm

Gold's smile was no longer strained. The time? Heh, that's a new one. Even if this mare didn't seem to want to buy, it was nice to have ponies around. Especially in the winter.

"Oh, the time? Okay, it's currently 10:30 AM in Canterlot." She pointed to a Nixie clock that sat on the counter.

The mare looked at the clock to confirm what Andromeda was saying.

"Also...."

She looked back at Andromeda.

"...if you want, I could give you a large discount on some watches I have. Digital watches with insides made of the best components. Like everything else in here, they are strong and reliable-"

A stereo sitting on a shelf labeled with 'used stereo systems' suddenly began to spark and smoke before finally fizzing out and no longer making a noise.

"-and not as combustible as the stereos."

Gold's smile was now starting to hurt her face and she could feel sweat building under her mane.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   2/10/2012, 2:15 pm

"Uh-huh."

Lighting sighed. "No, I just wanted to see how much time I had until I needed to be at work. Judging by the clock, I didn't sleep nearly long enough."

She pursed her lips together, silently kicking herself for getting coffee last night. It was an unwise decision to down something like that at two in the morning, especially if work was going to be so early-

"Wait, you said 10:30? Crap!" Lightning darted through the door and sprinted down the street. She was supposed to be there fifteen minutes before her shift. Since she was covering for Over Easy's lunch rush...

A small personal battle erupted inside of her. Part of her knew that she would be able to get to work on time if she just bit the bullet and flew. But the other part knew how many odd looks she'd get for her abnormal wingspan. Heck, even as an adult, other pegasi looked at her funny for having bigger wings. She was clumsy to fly near and hard to avoid.

Celestia, forbid a minor interruption in air traffic, she thought.

While her personal dilemma occupied her time, she didn't really notice when she actually rounded the corner the tavern was on. She shook her head and sprinted through the door. Almost immediately she was the focus of a few stares and the rather irate morning manager, Order Up.

"May I remind you, Miss Lightning, that this isn't a barn. This is a fine establishment that has stood for over five hundred years," Order Up rattled on. As her lecture continued, Lightning worked through the motions of getting ready to start her shift. She was almost tempted to speak the well drilled speech just to be a wise ass - but she needed this job far more than she needed to crawl back to her parents and beg them for money and accept their disdain.

"Now, I understand you're working for Miss Easy. Don't forget that you were also scheduled to work directly afterwards until about eleven tonight."

Lightning gawked at her.

"Don't be so surprised. Clean Sweep called out again, so we had to fire him. Naturally, you're the best solution to fill the shift. I'll just send Bottoms Up to clean, and you can watch the bar."

She groaned and slid behind the counter. It was going to be a very, very, long day.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   2/10/2012, 3:35 pm

Gold Andromeda watched as the mare darted out of the door, apparently late for whatever it was she was late for. She simply shrugged.

"Eh, shoulda just drank coffee in the mornin'."

"Gold? Is that you?"

Gold turned and faced the door that was on the wall parallel to the counter. A large mare with a coat the color of concrete, a short spikey tail, a mane of silver and white styled into a spike mohawk, and eyes of steely blue was standing in the doorway, a small smile on her face. Her cutie mark was a wall made of differently shaped stones.

"Stone Wall? I thought you were out working?"

The mare simply smirked.

"Nah, they gave me the day off today. Apparently I can only beet up the same trainees so many times. Not my fault one kick and they curl into a little ball."

Gold shook her head at Stone, but she couldn't keep the smile away.

"Stone, you're supposed to be teaching them hoofboxing, not using them as your personal punching bag."

Stone Wall smirked, until the smell of burning plastic brought her gaze towards the burnt stereo. She groaned as she ran a hoof across her neck.

"Gold..."

"I swear, that's the first time it's happened this month."

"*Sigh* Gold, please be more careful with the products you buy and sell. I've told you a thousand times to inspect the equipment before putting it out. I'm not going to lose the store and my home because the last sleazeball sold you a radio that might as well have been a molotov cocktail."

Gold's ears drooped at Stone's words. She DOES go through the equipment. She really does! But all it takes is a faulty wire or half-assed solder to turn it into a fire hazard.

"Hey..."

Gold felt a large foreleg wrap around her frame. She lifted her head and looked into Stone's steely, yet warm eyes.

"Tell you what, Andy, why don't we go out for drinks tonight? My treat. We can go to that one tavern, 'The Broken Horn'? I hear the drinks are strong enough to knock your ass off the stool. Sure, there's supposed to be a few shady ponies there, but all it takes a one gander at me and they'll chug 'em down and stumble out the door."

Gold could see the sincerity in Stone's eyes. How could she say no to the pony that she owes so much too? Especially when she'll get free whiskey out of it?!

"It's a date."

Gold punctuated the statement by jabbing a hoof into Stone's chest, resulting in the large mare falling onto her rear, a hoof clutching the now sore spot.

"Careful. Shoes."

"Huh?"

Gold looked at the right hoof she had used. The shiny, if somewhat smudged surface of a bronze horseshoe reflected her now embarrassed expression. 'Tolerance' lay etched in it's surface in the old Equestrian language.

"Uh, sorry, I keep forgetting that I actually wear these things. I swear, I think I sleep and bathe with them on by accident."

Stone Wall waved it off.

"It's okay. So, we good to go for drinks tonight?"

"Is 9:00 PM okay with you, Wally?"

"Yes, and don't call me 'Wally'!"

"But I let you call me 'Andy', it's only fair I call you Wally."

"But I hate that pet name!"

"It's better than 'Stoner'."

"It's WORSE than 'Stoner'!"

"Okay, I'll call you Stoner then."

"No you won't!"

"So which is it? Stoner or Wally?"

"NEITHER!"

"Okay, I'll call you Wally, since I don't want ponies think you use drugs."

Stone Wall held the next retort she had prepared. When it came to arguing with Gold Andromeda, it was a lost battle. She could make it dissolve into childish banter, no matter HOW shrewd you are. This logic made her sigh in defeat.

"Fine, I'll settle with Wally."

Before Gold's victory dance and speech could commence, her mouth was silenced by a hoof.

"But, if you EVER call me it in public, I'll make sure to put you in the discount section next to the old speakers and record collections."

With pupils the size of pinpricks, Gold nodded meekly.

"Good, then we have an understanding, Andy....."

Gold watched the mare trot away with a small sway in her hips as she disappeared back upstairs and into her home. She looked up at the ceiling, a small groan escaping from her.

"...Why do I have to find mares with a dominant personality so frickin' attractive?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   3/10/2012, 1:36 am

Lightning looked up at the clock hanging just above the bar as she cleared a few glasses from one of the tables in the center of the room. As her luck would have it, she still had two hours to go until her second shift was over.

Quarter to nine? Really? she thought angrily.

Order Up must have taken notice at her increased anger, as the clattering of cleared plates and glasses began to grow in volume. The manager cleared her throat once and shot a glare at her. Lightning reluctantly backed off and placed the small bin on her back.

Don't snap at her, Lightning thought. This job is more important than your pride.

She passed into the back room, settling the bin on the wash counter. Over by the sink, Bottoms Up was watching with sympathy.

"She really lays down the law, doesn't she?" He said.

Lightning glared at him.

"Hey, listen I know what you're going through. Its why I put in my two weeks notice last Tuesday."

She raised an eyebrow. "Someone else actually wants to employ you?"

He feigned being offended, "Why of course. The great demand for services of my caliber will be put to use at the Royal Air Society Building. Unlike your mediocre performance, they expect my hooves to be as quick as the wind."

She smiled weakly.

"Hey, c'mon," he said lifting the bin in his blue magic. The tan unicorn dropped the plates into the soapy water, splashing some on his face and navy blue mane. "Y'know I tried to help you out with the other position."

She nodded. "You have more experience under the whip."

He stoned his features with mild irritation. "Ha, ha. I'll come and visit you to see how the lashes feel when I'm gone."

Lightning passed back into the main room, sliding behind the bar. She went about the idle task of mixing and serving drinks to... less than sober guests.

"Hey filly," one of the patrons slurred. "I need another shot'f fire because I'm burning for you."

She rolled her eyes and fixed him up something to keep him quiet. Two more and he'd be out cold.

"Here. Don't let it go to your head, Rusty."

The earth pony nodded and nursed the edge of the glass, spilling a bit of the whiskey on his muzzle before getting a sip into his mouth. Somewhere in the room she heard a loud crash. After scanning the room, she saw the embarrassed unicorn trying to fix up the glass. Instead he turned back to his date, and let the alcohol seep into the floor.

"Bot!" she called out. Within moments he was out with a mop, a broom, and a dustpan, looking less than happy about this new turn of events.

At least it isn't vomit, she mused. It was still early for that.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   3/10/2012, 6:22 am

Gold Andromeda sat on the tan couch in Stone's home above the electronics store. She had her mane combed a little more neatly, her trademark radio headphones sitting on her neck, her aviators tucked into the pocket of her black winter coat, a gold scarf around her neck, and a long brown satchel was draped over her back.

She waited patiently for Stone Wall to come out, since it was getting close to 9 o'clock. Stone Wall finally made her appearance. a tan and grey winter vest bundled on her.

"Alright, lets go. The sooner we get there, the longer the drinks will keep us warm on the way back."

Gold grinned and fell in line with Stone as she led the way. Down the stairs, across the store's main room and out the door they went, Gold staying behind long enough to lock it.

They shifted through the cold wind that whipped to and fro, mussing up Gold's mane. Gold hated the cold, simple as that. Just because her coat was snow white doesn't mean she likes the snow. Extreme heat was fine, since it was slow and smothering, but cold was like a sharp stab over and over again on your lungs.

She huddled against Stone's larger frame as they neared the pub, 'The Broken Horn' clearly written.

"Alright Gold, once we get in, let's take a seat at the counter, alright?"

"Gotcha!"

They made it to the door, which Stone pushed open and she and Gold managed to squeeze through.

"And remember, drinks are on me."

Gold chuckled as she entered the tavern. She stopped.

There, at the counter, was the mare that had visited her store this morning, looking for the time.

'Well, I never got her name anyways. Perfect time to ask.'

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   3/10/2012, 8:45 am

Lightning rummaged through the glasses in the bin under the counter, looking for fresh ones to reload their hangars above the counter. After a few minutes she ran out of patience fiddling with the bin itself and placed it unceremoniously on the counter.

"Miss?"

Lightning waved her hoof behind her head at one of the off-duty guards. He was a regular, but his formality from working with the princess of the night made him overly polite. That is, until he had two or three tankards of the specialty brew.

"Give me a second, Whirlwind. I gotta reload the tank drawer."

Her wings unfurled to their full length - which she did her best to hide by using the bin to cover her flaps - and hovered about two hooves off of the ground. One by one, she slid all of the glasses into their places and settled down on the floor, snapping her wings against her body tightly.

After one more dive under the counter to replace the bin, she deftly tipped one of the tankards off of its place, using her shoulder to let it roll down to the table - on its base, no less.

A few of the patrons at the bar tuned in to her practiced routine of measuring and mixing - all the while using her athletic dexterity to "wow" the audience. By now they had seen this a hundred times.

"Whirlwind," she said, sliding it down the counter. He grabbed a hold of it and nodded his thanks.

She smiled and went to turn back to the next customer but stopped. The electronic's store owner - what was her name? - was walking towards the counter.

Small world, she thought. Now she was curious about the mare - was she another shady customer or a new face in the croud?

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   3/10/2012, 11:02 am

"Uh, Stone, why don't you find us some stools while I get us some drinks?"

Stone Wall followed Gold's gaze towards the bartender. She simply smiled.

"Alright, Gold."

She started walking towards the left of the counter, but stopped when she was directly on Gold's left. She leaned down and spoke in a low voice into Andromeda's ear.

"Try not to take too long, mmk?"

Gold turned her head and raised a brow at the now retreating and chuckling mare, who was acting as though she knew some big secret that Gold didn't know. She rolled her eyes and started to make her way towards the counter.

'What was that all about? Sure, I find the mare attractive, but I'm not looking for an add on to our relationship. Even if Stone acts more like a mother to me than a marefriend. Though....Wally DID say she didn't mind-NO! BAD THOUGHTS, GO AWAY NOW!'

Shaking the slight flush to her face away, Gold continued walking to the counter. It looked like the mare was busy with a customer right now. She could wait.

'Huh, I never noticed, but wow, she's got some pretty big wings!'

Gold turned her head and looked at her own wings.

'I always had the smaller wings in school. Kept getting teased by the others because of them. Well, they stopped after I broke that one colt's nose, but I also got suspended.......and it was frickin' worth it!'

As she turned back to look at the counter, her eyes widened and her jaw slackened. The mare's wings were extended, and they were even bigger than she thought they would be! The fact she could hover with such magnificent wings showed some great self-control and maneuverability. Too bad she was trying to hide them. Gold found them quite....pretty.

The unknown mare landed, her wings folded flat on her back again. Her eyes still wide, she watched the mare skillfully mix a drink and pass it to the large stallion that was down the counter.

She shook her head to dispel the awe and stepped forward as the stallion sipped his drink and the mare turned her head.

Their eyes met.

Gold stopped where she was when her sky blue eyes met bright yellow. The only movement was the mysterious mare's eyes looking her over, likely remembering her.

Deciding to take the initiative, Andromeda cleared her throat and stood up at the counter.

"Uh, I would like to to order two whiskeys, straight, and leave the bottle."

The mare continued to stare at her, but then nodded and started to retrieve a bottle and two glasses.

"Uhm, I....didn't really get a chance to introduce myself back at the shop, since you looked like you were in a rush. I'm Gold Andromeda, co-owner of Andromeda's Electrica Extravaganza and all time music lover. May I ask what your name is?"

She held out a hoof as the mare set the bottle of whiskey and glasses down.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   4/10/2012, 1:01 am

(( Be careful with stuff like this: "The mare continued to stare at her, but then nodded and started to retrieve a bottle and two glasses." It is my character, and while at this point, I would indeed have her do this, this may not always be the case. :D ))

"White Lightning," she said. She lifted the bottle and poured the whiskey into the two glasses. Lightning smiled at Gold. "Thanks for earlier. Bottle's on me."

"Miss?"

She rolled her eyes. "Are you just swallowing it tonight Whirlwind?"

The unicorn wiggled his eyebrows.

"Don't you start," she said jabbing her hoof in his direction. "I'm not having you pass out on the bar tonight."

"Miss Lightning? A moment if you would," called Order Up.

She nodded at the mare before passing through the doors into the back. Bottoms Up shrugged slightly as he switched places and passed into the main bar area. Order Up was staring at her intently, tapping her hoof on the tiled floor.

"Before I leave, I wanted to go over the new schedule with you," she placed the piece of paper on the counter besides her.

It only took one glance to see the glaring problem with the new schedule. Every single day - every night shift. Some days didn't have their morning shifts filled in.

"I'm on every night."

"You are. You also might need to cover these morning shifts if I can't find someone to fill them."

She swallowed. "I don't know if I can work that much without sleeping here too."

Order Up sighed. "You can take a room upstairs, but I'm taking the rental out of your pay."

"No way. I'd be working these hours just to sleep upstairs and eat here."

"You could move closer, if this is unacceptable. Its not as though you aren't using the bits on your apartment."

"But that's different," Lightning said. Her voice was getting louder. "I don't want to spend the rest of my life here."

"Then perhaps your employment here was a mistake," Order Up said. The corner of her mouth turned up ever so slightly.

Lightning began to panic. "No, thats not what I meant. I like this job a lot but-"

"Miss Lightning-"

"-I swear, I can cover these shifts-"

"Miss Lightning-"

"-It's not a problem I'll just go back out there and take-"

"Miss Lightning!"

Lightning went quiet. Her heart was pounding in her ears and she was having trouble keeping a straight face.

"I'm sorry Miss Lightning, but you can grab your things and leave. You will receive severance pay and your last check in a week."

Lightning stood stock still, her ears flat against her head. "Thank you for the opportunity," she said softly. Order Up nodded and passed back into the bar.

For a few minutes Lightning just stood in the center of the room, focusing on holding back tears. Her breathing was shallow and slow. What was she going to do? The severance would give her a month? Maybe two?

No, she thought. She had most of her dinners at the Tavern because they were discounted. She bit her bottom lip. Maybe it wasn't enough for a month. Her hooves began to drag her to the back door and onto the street. She passed around the front and took one glance in the window before continuing down the street towards her apartment in the falling snow.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   4/10/2012, 11:39 am

Gold smiled as she received her drinks, no longer feeling nervous.

'White Lightning....name fits her perfectly.'

"Miss Lightning, a moment if you would?"

Gold turned her attention away from her drinks as Lightning followed another mare through a door. Something stirred inside Andromeda. Somehow, she suddenly didn't like the mare Lightning followed.

She pondered the feelings for a moment, but then shook them off. It didn't concern her. She carefully took the filled glasses with her wings and bit the end of the bottle with her mouth, content with carrying it that way.

As she got her hooves off the counter, her ears twitched. She could hear voices behind the door over the bar noises. She shook her head at it.

'No, I won't snoop this time. It's like what my mother always said, "Curiosity killed the cat.".....'

She slowly turned her head to face the door.

'But, my dad always said, "But satisfaction brought it back.".....'

Pulling herself back onto the counter, Gold twitched both her ears forward in order to try to hear better. She couldn't make out any words, but one of the speakers was obviously in distress. Soon, they simply stopped, no more noises coming from behind the door.

The same mare from before that had called for Lightning's attention reappeared through the door. Gold quickly turned her attention away and made it look as though she was just leaving with her drinks.

She started her trek to the left side of the counter, hoping to find Stone before she got lost in the crowd. It was no problem though, since the rather large grey colored mare was pretty easy to spot. It also helped that a few of the patrons were giving her a wide berth.

Placing the bottle and glasses on the counter, then hopping onto a stool on Stone Wall's right, Gold allowed herself to take a small sip of the whiskey, letting the alcohol to linger in her mouth before swallowing, the warmth in her stomach comforting.

"So, how'd it go?"

There was no missing that familiar and rather bothersome tone in Stone's voice.

"I simply said 'hi', got us our drinks, and asked for her name. Nothing else."

"Suuurreee you did."

"Don't make me smack you, Stone."

"I think I'd like that."

"....No comment."

Gold nearly yelped when the large foreleg wrapped around her shoulder and Stone gave her a cheeky grin.

"Hey, no need to be a stick in the mud, Goldy. Tell me what's bothering you today."

Gold looked into Stone's eyes. She could see the concern hidden in the mirthful depths. She sighed and slumped a little in her seat.

"I don't really know, Stone. Ever since that mare ran into our store looking for the time, I've felt rather strange. It's like I'm being pulled towards her by an invisible force."

Stone tapped her chin with her free hoof.

"Well, I guess I could-"

"NO!"

A few patrons turned towards the white and gold mare who was now sporting a red face. Mainly because she was now being watched, and because she couldn't handle the images.

"No Stone, I'm not in love with her. I mean, I just met her. And sure, I find her attractive, but you are all I need right now. What I'm saying is, I feel as though something is connecting me and her. I just don't know what."

As Gold threw her hooves to her face, she happened a glance at the window.

It was White Lightning. And something didn't feel right about how she walked away from the tavern.

"Lightning?"

Gold got off her stool and started a slow walk for the door, with Stone Wall following her.

"Where are you going Gold?"

"There's someone I have to talk-"

"Why hi there pretty lady."

Gold stopped. There was a rather large stallion standing in front of her. His coat was a pale yellow and he had a deep green mane. His eyes were a light purple.

"Now what's a pretty mare like you doing here? Maybe you should let me escort you home."

Gold was instantly disliking this stallion in every way.

"Listen buddy, why don't you talk to me after the blood goes back to your brain and your head isn't in your ass."

Gold attempted to walk around the stallion, but another one appeared next to him. A bead of sweat started to form on her brow. Her breathing was starting to get a little more labored.

"Naw, sweet thing. Why don't you come with us? I'm sure we could have some fun together."

The tone made a bead of panic streak through Gold. She tried to shake the feeling as her pupils began to shrink.

'No no no no, I can't be having a relapse now! I-'

"How about you two take a hike before I put your heads into each others asses."

Gold's eyes flashed to Stone Wall, who stood by her side, her eyes narrowed. The stallion, the leader she guessed, looked at Stone Wall before looking at Gold. He snorted.

"Shoulda figured you two were a bunch of dykes. The way you two looked at each other. What you two have is just plain unnatural. It's sick if you ask me."

The other stallion nodded. Gold's vision, sharp from the her panic induced adrenaline rush, saw another stallion appear from their right side, trying to blend in with the crowd. This only made her panic rise, her wings starting to flare in agitation.

The stallion began to get closer, the one closest to him following. The one in the crowd was slowly inching closer as well. Why weren't the patrons interfering!?

Gold's panic levels were rising, her eyes strafing through the crowds.

A dark alley, rain, nothing but pain.

The stallion's grin grew sickening. Stone got in front of Gold, taking on a protective stance.

She never saw the stallion in the crowd before it was too late.

Gold could only watch, the world almost at a standstill. Stone recoiled at the hard buck to her head, knocking her off balance and into a table that she knocked over on impact.

The stallion's two companions ran over and started to kick at Stone while she was down, until she jumped to her hooves and began to fight back, headbutting them and punching with her forelegs.

Gold quivered and took a few steps as the stallion got closer to her.

Trapped, like a rat. Rain. Hateful gaze.

The stallion was only a foot away now.

"There won't be anything to worry about. All you need a stallion to get you to see the that what you are doing is wrong. Heh heh heh."

Gold shook, her eyes welling up with tears.

Green eyes, intent on inflicting pain, a dark alley, heavy rain, trapped.

TRAPPED!

"NO!"

Gold spun on her front hooves and delivered a hard buck with both of her hindlegs. The stallion was knocked off his hooves at such a powerful impact. The patrons could hear a muffled 'crack', the stallion's ribs obviously cracked from Gold's bronze horseshoes.

Tears falling and quiet sobs wracking her body, Gold jumped with a pain felt scream, landing on top of the stallion and furiously smashing her forehooves against his face and head. Her eyes showed fear and absolute hate.

"I! AM! NOT! YOUR! TOY!"

"GOLD!"

Stone knocked the stallion off her side and grabbed the one who was trying to tackle her. Wrapping her leg around him, she dragged him over and threw him through one of the front windows.

She ran towards Gold, who still hadn't stopped hitting the stallion. Her eyes were filled with tears and sobs escaped from her mouth as she hyperventilated. The stallion's face was almost unrecognizable from how much blood was on it.

"Gold! GOLD!"

Stone grabbed Andromeda and yanked her back, falling on her rump with Gold withering in her arms, her sobbing only getting louder. She held onto Gold, burying the crying mare's face into her chest. The stallion that Stone had knocked away stood back up from the table he ran into, ready to charge them again. He was stopped when an off-duty guard stallion tackled him to the ground. Finally able to get through the crowds, who had huddle together to watch the brawl, the off-duty guards in the bar managed to keep the stallion down while two more ran outside to the one who was thrown through the window. Another guard, a unicorn, kneeled near the bloody faced stallion and began to do a medical scanning spell.

"It's okay Gold! You're safe now!"

The crying mare huddled against Stone, wrapping her forelegs around her as the large mare nuzzled at her mane.

"It's okay now, Gold. You're safe now...."

"I'll always be here for you, Gold Andromeda."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   4/10/2012, 12:50 pm

Lightning didn't get much sleep that night. She spent the night waking up, pacing around, or trying to stop crying. Her life had really taken a turn for the worse - something she'd hoped wouldn't happen. At least with a solid job, she could do something with her life instead of living in her family's shadow, abiding by their rules of staying out of public sight, and generally staying put in her room until she died. Unless she got married and had a unicorn for a kid.

She groaned. Her parents only cared if they carried on their legacy. Until then, she was a blemish on their family name. An unmentionable... thing, that required upkeep. To them, anything could be solved with money. At the moment, it seemed like she might have no choice but to go back to that.

A small whine left her throat but she quelled the accompanying emotions. She had cried enough. The only way to avoid going back was to find a job. Anything would be fine.

She rolled onto her side, landing deftly on her stomach. The thud of her body hitting the floor echoed through the room.

She grimaced. The room was lightly furnished - a combined living space and sleeping space. Only a mattress with a few blankets on it and a low coffee table, void of magazines and coffee mugs. The kitchen had just enough cutlery and kitchenware for herself and the mini-fridge was likely almost empty.

Groceries. She'd need to go shopping with whatever bits she had on hoof. But first, she needed a shower.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   4/10/2012, 1:45 pm

Stone Wall stood there as the guard questioned her, since Gold didn't seem to be in the right mind to talk.

"Alright Miss Wall, I'm going to ask you again. We want to know why your marefriend attacked and nearly killed that stallion."

Stone Wall's glare would've turned sand into glass.

"And I'm going to say it again: She was defending herself from that stallion that was going to hurt her! Gold would never attack without good reason."

The guard sighed and ran a hoof through his mane.

"Look Miss Wall, we know that what Miss Andromeda did was self defense, but what she portrayed was obvious signs of some sort of repressed anger or memory. We recommend that she sees a psychiatrist."

"And will listen to me, sir. I know what happened with her. She simply acted out on instinct because of a bad experience she had. As long as it doesn't happen again, she won't attack someone. So don't act as though she's some sort of head-case ready to snap and go murder someone."

The guard looked at her warily, but gave a single nod.

"It's not my place to tell a pony what to do with their loved one. I'll let it go, for now. But I want you to be careful. Your marefriend did some real damage to that stallion's face, and he'll probably try to file assault charges on her. I only ask that you be careful and watch her closely."

Stone Wall snorted, but agreed with him. As the guard left, she made her way to where one of the other off duty guards, a mare, was currently watching Gold.

Andromeda was still, her face showing no emotion. Her right ankle on her right foreleg was bandaged, since she apparently sprained it while hitting the stallion. Her eyes were dull and listless, like she wasn't even awake. Visible tear trails were under her eyes. Despite having her jacket and scarf still on, she had a small medical blank wrapped around her. The guard mare seemed rather uncomfortable sitting next to Gold, but kept a still face as she let Stone Wall get closer to Andromeda.

"Gold? Andy? Why don't we head home?"

Gold moved her eyes over to Stone, and only gave the faintest of nods. She slowly stood on shaky hooves, her head hanging down as she faced the floor. She shook off the medical blanket and began walking without saying a word. Stone quickly caught up and stood close to her.

The patrons made sure to clear out of the way for them as the duo went out the door.

The entire walk back to Stone's home was uneventful, with Gold still looking at the ground, a faint limp in her gait from the sprained ankle, her wings hanging limp on her back, and not a sound coming from her.

When they got home, Stone unlocked the front after retrieving the keys from Gold, and brought the still despondent mare upstairs.

It wasn't much effort to get Gold out of her jacket, scarf, taking off her headphones, shucking her brown satchel, and removing her horseshoes.

Stone brought her into the bedroom and laid her down on the black, queen-sized bed. She proceeded to crawl into the bed as well, pull the covers over them, and pull Gold into an embrace, her blue eyes on her the entire time.

As they laid there, cuddled, Gold's eyes soon began to return to normal, her tears starting to flow again. Her lips quivered and she began to sob again. Stone pulled her closer, stroking her back as Gold wrapped her forelegs around Stone in a tight embrace.

"...Wally-"

"Shhhh....shhhhh, don't talk Andy, just rest now...."

Gold's crying grew louder as she tightened her hold.

"Don't-don't let them get m-me, Wally."

"Shhhh....I won't let anything get you, little star.....I won't let them get you....."

Stone didn't get much sleep that night, but staying up to make sure that Gold had no nightmares that night was something she had to do.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   4/10/2012, 2:22 pm

Lightning never really paid attention to the prices in the grocery stores. As much as she should have, her job provided an out for her having to spend time cooking her meals. She was a good cook, but much of her practice had come from being forced to fend for herself. Many "family" dinners were spent with her being out of the loop. The butlers and maids took some kind of pity on her and gave her a fresh plate, but only when they could get away from it. Most of the time, they offered their expertise on cooking, which she took to well. It didn't beat having an actual chef prepare meals, but it was something.

She lifted one of the oranges from its stand in the small store and gave it a once over. The more tender the orange, the sweeter the taste. But be wary of something too squishy or you'll be sick, she recalled. The maids really knew their produce. She was just hoping their expertise would rub off on her, even if just a little.

Her hooves passed through a couple of the produce stands, picking and choosing what she thought were proper ingredients. That is, unless the price was absurd. Then she'd just dive for the generic canned version.

In the end, she bought enough food to last her a week - mostly nonperishable because of her apartment's lack of space. Ladened with heavy saddlebags and a severely empty wallet, she began the trudge back home, making a note to see the old message board for some kind of job. If there were any.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   4/10/2012, 3:23 pm

Stone sipped a cup of coffee as she went through a few financial records, trying to see where the store sat in the market.

They were actually doing above average in the market, since the demand for electronics was still relatively high. Stereos, speakers, headphones, wiring, the works. They even had enough profit to expand their products for sale, like offer records and other music equipment, including amplifying equipment and tools to work on it all. Andromeda's Electrica Extravaganza was also pretty popular with some of the local DJ's, willing to pay top bit for new and reliable musical equipment.

She was tired, VERY tired, but she couldn't bring herself to wake up Gold, especially when she had looked so adorable curled up in the blankets with one of her wings covering her face, only her muzzle visible. Stone would be able to stay awake for a while longer, as long as she had a steady flow of coffee and things to occupy her mind. Including Gold's ears as they twitch when she sleeps.

Stone chuckled to herself.

'Come on Stone, get your mind out of the gutter. Goldy will let you when she wants you to.'

Turning her gaze at the small stand near the register, Stone reached over and turned on Gold's music player, hoping a little music will add to the atmosphere. She went back to the reports as a light dubstep song played on the store's speakers.

As she got near the last page, she stifled a large yawn. She took a sip of her coffee, only to see she was out. Stone went over to the coffee pot, but it was empty.

"Horseapples...."

Looking at the end of the report, she concluded that the store wouldn't suffer if they stayed closed for a day. She and Gold had a rough night, Gold especially.

Sighing, Stone went over to the front of the store, locked the front door, and flipped the 'open' sign to 'closed'.

Stone turned the music player off and made her way back upstairs, where she proceeded to close all the curtains, turn of the lights, and make her way to the bedroom.

Gold was still asleep, sprawled out on her back with a little bit of drool seeping into the pillow with the blanket hanging down to her waist. Stone chuckled at the cute sight. Gold was always a heavy sleeper.

Closing the thick curtains, setting the room in a comfortable darkness, Stone crawled back under the sheets, shifted Gold gently onto her side, and pulled her close, burying her muzzle into the back of the sleeping mare's neck.

Gold sighed in her sleep and shifted closer unconsciously, seeking the source of the warmth on her back.

Stone glanced on the clock on the wall, sighed happily, and closed her eyes.

7:10 AM, an acceptable time to go back to bed and sleep in with your marefriend.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   5/10/2012, 10:14 am

Lightning pursed her lips together in frustration as her eyes scanned the job listings for one she hadn't already tried.

It was already well into the afternoon - quarter to five, if she recalled her last inquiry - and she had already tried to apply for many of the jobs on the ancient board. In total there were at least fifty or sixty immediate openings, but of those, only ten were still looking. They took her application, but since she didn't have a long work histoy, it had been rejected each time.

She had even looked through the Canterlot Weekly for those advertisements that didn't get onto the board that day. Nothing so far. She'd already set aside the entirety of tomorrow to plug her way to the local library. Since her old computer was still at her parent's house, she'd have to use a public one to see any listings on the Canternet.

Her stomach growled, causing a few of the other ponies around her to shoot her funny or dirty looks. It was no surprise that none of the groceries she dropped off at home had made it into her stomach.

She looked down the street towards her old job and sighed. It was only the first day. She'd find something.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   10/10/2012, 9:43 am

Gold Andromeda wearily pulled the satchel back onto her back. She had awoken only an hour ago and she had a book due back at the Canterlot Public Library. It was 5:00 PM, since she had been pulling an all nighter last night. Stone had come close to tying Gold to the bed in order to make her sleep, but after how many energy drinks she had and how much coffee she drank, she had been more wired than a quartet of Kustom amps in a DJ's show.

She placed the book, titled 'Crescent Dawn', slid easily into the satchel thanks to her wings. As Gold pulled the black coat tighter around herself, she looked back at the counter, an odd expression appearing on her face.

Walking over, she opened the bottom drawer and reached into the far back, pulling something shiny out.

It was a balisong, or a 'butterfly knife' in laypony's term. It had a black finish with a stainless steel blade.

Stone Wall always questioned Gold why she got such a weapon, since such things like fighting knives were relatively rare in places like Canterlot, but to Gold, it was extra reassurance that no one would hurt her. And after what happened two nights ago, she wasn't going to take any chances should someone recognize her and decide to put on a show.

She quickly slid the knife, now folded, under her right wing and started walking out. Gold had made sure to leave a note behind telling Stone where she was going to make sure the mare didn't have a panic attack looking for her.

The bell chimed, and Gold was now out the door, in the freshly fallen snow of Canterlot.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   10/10/2012, 10:28 am

Lightning rubbed her temples with her hooves. She had been staring at the computer screen for hours now, cycling through application after application. Considering the throbbing in her hooves, she must have submitted fifty or sixty applications - some of which were in the underbelly of Canterlot.
She shuddered. There was one thing that she and her parents could agree on - that place could be dangerous. Despite the wide presence of the guard to keep the gemstone district peaceful for the rich aristocrats, some of the lower levels that housed miners and low income laborers were less traveled. Regular appearances of the night guard - Luna's elite soldiers kept everypony on their hooftips.
She snorted. And supposedly Luna goes to the nightclubs down there. If that was the case, that section would be safe.
Her eyes drifted up to another application for a bar down below - The Dropoff. A night club that was rumored to be one of the more popular haunts among the lower and middle income ponies. Even so, it had a knack for 'investigations'. Trouble always made a place more popular.
She tapped her hoof on the mouse to send her application in. As soon as it was off, she let her head slam into the table. A few of the other patrons - including the wary librarian - shot her some annoyed looks. Lightning was far beyond caring. Her flank had been in the chair for so long that she feared her cutie mark would be permanently engraved in the cushion.
After a few moments she began to drift in and out of sleep.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   10/10/2012, 11:01 am

Gold calmly opened the door to the public library and stepped in, making sure to shake off any excess snow blown onto her. And she made sure to get it all over the walls too, cause to her, the librarian was a dick and deserved it all.

She then entered the main part of the library, dropped the book rather roughly onto the counter, which earned her a dirty look from the librarian, which she returned, and then went to go browse through the shelves.

It was a rather expansive library, with enough bookshelves to make the place look like a maze of hallways. And the shelves were tall enough that if you weren't a pegasus, you had better get help from one, or risk yourself on the ladder to get the books at the top.

Since the original architect was a pegasus, Gold assumed that the designs were some kind of sick joke from him.

Quickly slipping the balisong into her satchel before anyone caught her with it under her wing, Gold flapped her wings and hovered at the top of a bookshelf near the main area of the library and where the computers were located.

If she was going to get a guide on wiring a stereo, the books near the computers seemed like the right place to start.

"Ah, there you are."

Gold reached and pulled the book she was looking for out of it's spot. She felt something touching the bottom of her hoof. She looked.

A spider was on her hoof.

Now, Gold did have the sense to not scream so loud that it would shatter the very cobblestone that the library was built on, but she didn't remember the book she had in the same hoof when she shook her hoof rapidly and dislodging the offending spider.

She looked down at the book that was now falling towards a pony that, even though she couldn't make out the pony's features, was apparently sleeping at the console. And currently in the way of the book's trajectory.

"Oh damn it all."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   11/10/2012, 11:38 am

There had been several odd situations in which she had been woken up in her life: Waking up in a bathtub after a six hour bath and several beers, waking up on the deck of her parent's airship while it was over Fillydelphia, and last but not least, waking up in a tavern and being offered a job. As the book connected with her skull, her mind processed this as yet another strange disturbance in her life.
Her hooves flailed wildly as she bolted upright - too far in fact. The chair gave way under the sudden force and flung her and several fliers she had piled on the desk backwards. She rolled on her head and flipped onto her stomach.
Still dazed, she settled for staying put as the fliers covered her face like fresh snow.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   11/10/2012, 4:13 pm

"Oh no oh no oh nononononono."

Gold dive-bombed from her location and landed on the floor near the mare she might have just killed. She quickly gazed around to see how the other ponies were reacting to her assault-by-book. They simply looked over, and then went back to what they were doing. Gold's right eye twitched.

"Fucking assholes."

She spoke it loud enough for them all to hear on purpose. She internally smirked s she saw a few give her a glare before going back to their books.

But her panic returned when she saw that the mare still hadn't moved. The white fur was familiar, as was the large wingspan, but Gold didn't take the time to remember.

"Oh please be okay, please be okay, please be okay."

She kept muttering the phrase to herself in hopes that she was right. She saw the mare was breathing, which was a good sign, as was the lack of pooling blood, but now she needed to make sure the mare didn't have any brain damage.

Gold fluttered her wings and landed in front of the mare, the fliers still covering the mare's face. She reached forward and gently pulled off the front-most flier.

She saw the mare's face, instantly took in the features, and her train of thought was derailed by the sudden flood of memories.

"White Lighnting?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next