HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

How did you get interested in ponies?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MrSilverSparkle

PostSubject: How did you get interested in ponies?   2/8/2012, 1:02 am

How did you begin your path to ponyness? I'll start.

Spring 2011, I watched the 'Polka is Magic' video. I thought it was pretty cool, and I chuckled a bit, even though I didn't have the slightest clue what the flying fuck was going on. I didn't follow up on the topic after that video, but that subconscious thought that ponies 'Were pretty cool' stayed in my brain.

Fast forward to Fall 2011.

Memebase adds the 'My Little Brony' page on their website, enticing me to explore the page. The posts seem strange, seeing as though they're of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. 'But,' I think, 'there must be some reason for all these posts; there must be a reason.' So, I do some research and find a random episode of MLP:FiM (Episode 9, I think.), and I liked it. I didn't love it immediately, but I did like it, and I wanted to watch more of it. So I did. I watched about 5 more random episodes, then decided to watch the season from the beginning, in order. I was hooked. I spent every Saturday morning watching the new episode of Season 2, which is where I met Cloud.

What about you guys?
Back to top Go down
PinkiePieRocks!

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   2/8/2012, 1:43 am

As for me, I am easily addicted to children's shows. (Such as this one..) SO AWESOME
And so Cloud asked me to watch this show saying that it is good and such. Well, he asked me to try it. (My brain is a bit fuzzy on the details.)
So I did try it and was hooked instantly. Something about it made me very interested to see more of it. And so I did. Easy as that. (Also tried getting my mom and brother into the show. Still need to show my mom more episodes, and my brother accepts it but will not become a brony.)

Must be because I'm a girl. Cause everyone says that. Sheepish

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   2/8/2012, 1:58 am

I saw some youtube poops on youtube of MLP and I wondered what the show was like so I watched the first EP of MLP and loved it. I then showed it to my friend who asked if I was a brony. I didn't know what a brony was at the time so I looked it up and found out about the fandom. I thought it was strange at first but I still liked the show and watched it all up to the Nightmare Night episode which was the newest one at the time. After watching them all I admitted to myself that I was a brony and joined InTenSecondsFlat once he made the forum.
Back to top Go down
Thoranzalar

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   2/8/2012, 2:38 am

A friend on PSN informed me about this generation of MLP. I had not even seen a hint of this generation back then, and I honestly didn't know there was a new show. I had heard of the classic ones (of which I consider scary in terms of visual style...) and mostly only had the basic idea of MLP from those constant girly toy commercials from when I was like 9 and still watched Cartoon Network. (I don't watch much TV at all anymore.) As you can imagine, I never dreamed of having the slightest interest in the franchise until that friend on PSN told me about the show. She told me it was totally different from what people expect, and was actually a good show. She compared it to the classic Spongebob cartoon (before he started to suck), and so, as I have a very open mind, I decided to experiment later that week. I found the first two-part pilot (yes, I watch things from the beginning AS THEY SHOULD BE WATCHED) on youtube and was mildly discouraged, thinking it might be a bit too girly. I think we all can agree the pilot was a bit crude as most pilots are, for the plot had to have the whole "OMG WE HAEV 2 SAEV THE WORLD!!!" feel to it to begin the series. However, after watching the pilot, I had this strange urge to keep watching. My curiosity made me dive deeper into the unknown seas, and I swam my way to episode 3. By episode 4, Applebuck Season, I was further intrigued. Episode 5 and 6 did the same to me, as I saw more realistic psychological conflict with Trixie and Gilda, and then I saw Fluttershy's martyr-side in Dragonshy. Then, I got a kick out of Look Before You Sleep, and really liked Zecora in Bridle Gossip. I watched those all the same day, and when I stopped for the night, I realized I had just watched about 3 hours of ponies. It was then, in bed, I said to myself one simple word: "Okay." I awoke the next day to watch yet another episode, and within about 2 days or so I finished what was left of the season, which was about episode 17 I think. I'm not really sure, but I could swear I remember seeing "The Show Stoppers" coming up on youtube and being excited because it was a new episode.

From that point on, I considered myself what that friend had told me boy-fans of the show are. I had become a "brony". Since then I have become increasingly addicted and obsessed to the point I've seen every single episode nearly as soon as each one is made available, (with a few exceptions that I missed and watched on a mini-marathon) and I have acquired several MLP dolls of my newly beloved characters. My Little Pony changed a lot about me, and I don't think I'll ever be leaving it. Someday, I plan on showing the series to my future child (even if its discontinued by then), and he/she will feel the same fuzzy feeling I get when I watch the show.

^^ best mommy
Back to top Go down
Flutterdude

Location : Florida, the land of orange juice and air conditioning

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   2/8/2012, 4:36 am

I saw ponies on the Internet and I was like "what the fuck is this" and then I was like "I'mma watch it" and then I was like "this is awesome" and now here I am.

Thank you.

Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   2/8/2012, 5:29 am

I have to say boredom got the best of me....the intro still kills me tho....even after 2 seasons

Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   2/8/2012, 5:35 am

Saw a friend update his avatar and signature on another forum with pony related stuff, started talking to him about it on skype.
Bam, Ponies. This happend about November 2010 Wink
Back to top Go down
Heat Resin

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   2/8/2012, 5:41 am

I don't Remember what got me interested but One day I was doing normal internet stuff, the next moment BAM! ponies!!

Deviant art
Back to top Go down
http://heatresin.deviantart.com/
Tomzie95
Most Edgy User On Brony Awakening
Most Edgy User On Brony Awakening

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   2/8/2012, 9:04 am

Luna and his wubs

Join our Steam gaming group!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bagg
Spoiler:

"I have been to Auscwitczh's , is was goot" - Veave
Back to top Go down
ducklicker

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   2/8/2012, 11:07 am

newgrounds, friendship is magic bitch.

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   2/8/2012, 4:10 pm

I'm not inclined to write a paragraph like Thor did right now, so i'll say this.

I was bored out of my mind. MLP was filling up Memebase. I watched a few of dem eps, I continued simply because. Next few weeks, I discover my best friend watches it too (We were drifting apart very rapidly back then, due to school stuff, increasingly different interests, very separate classes and grades), so naturally, friendship is magic bitch.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
http://hellbreaker2012.deviantart.com
Flutterdude

Location : Florida, the land of orange juice and air conditioning

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   2/8/2012, 11:10 pm

Topsy Kretts wrote:
I'm not inclined to write a paragraph like Thor did right now, so i'll say this.

I was bored out of my mind. MLP was filling up Memebase. I watched a few of dem eps, I continued simply because. Next few weeks, I discover my best friend watches it too (We were drifting apart very rapidly back then, due to school stuff, increasingly different interests, very separate classes and grades), so naturally, friendship is magic bitch.

Spoiler:

Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   2/8/2012, 11:28 pm

tomzie95 wrote:
Luna and his wubs

And look what I did to your life Laugh
Back to top Go down
Topsy Kretts

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   3/8/2012, 12:55 am

Flutterdude wrote:
Topsy Kretts wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
http://hellbreaker2012.deviantart.com
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   3/8/2012, 5:20 pm

Well, it was around the time in Fall when the show was done with it's first season. It was late, I was home alone, so I had nothing to do but read fanfics.

I stumbled across the My Little Pony section of FanFiction.net. After seeing how high the total number of stories based on this story were, I was intrigued and decided to check it out. The very first story I saw?

'Princess Molestia'

Thinking it was safe to read, since the rating was only T, I began to read it. But since I didn't know who these ponies were, I had to stop everytime I came across a name I didn't recognize and look them up.

After I got through the story(with only a few scars to show for it), I became very intrigued by these ponies. They all had depth and character that was unique to them. Being the information sponge I am, I began to read more and more about the characters and the show itself until I had a solid hold them.

I then watched the show from start to finish.

I became a closet Brony, after I learned the term. After going around the sites, up until the show's second season was about over, I discovered this forum.

That's how I came to like MLP. A few things happened in between, but I don't really think they are important.

Back to top Go down
MrSilverSparkle

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   4/8/2012, 12:30 am

Black Tribal wrote:
Well, it was around the time in Fall when the show was done with it's first season. It was late, I was home alone, so I had nothing to do but read fanfics.

I stumbled across the My Little Pony section of FanFiction.net. After seeing how high the total number of stories based on this story were, I was intrigued and decided to check it out. The very first story I saw?

'Princess Molestia'

Thinking it was safe to read, since the rating was only T, I began to read it. But since I didn't know who these ponies were, I had to stop everytime I came across a name I didn't recognize and look them up.

After I got through the story(with only a few scars to show for it), I became very intrigued by these ponies. They all had depth and character that was unique to them. Being the information sponge I am, I began to read more and more about the characters and the show itself until I had a solid hold them.

I then watched the show from start to finish.

I became a closet Brony, after I learned the term. After going around the sites, up until the show's second season was about over, I discovered this forum.

That's how I came to like MLP. A few things happened in between, but I don't really think they are important.

Are you still a closet brony to this day, or ave you come out yet?

Also, how'd you get that neat 'lil signature thing that everyone apparently has?

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   4/8/2012, 6:21 am

MrSilverSparkle wrote:
Also, how'd you get that neat 'lil signature thing that everyone apparently has?

They're all special order from a member named Veve. He's barely active on the site anymore, but you should be able to ask him on Skype.

Back to top Go down
http://bronyawakening.forumotion.com
MrSilverSparkle

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   4/8/2012, 10:32 am

Thanks, Cloud

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   5/8/2012, 11:07 am

Well MrSilverSparkle, I'm halfway in and out of being a closet brony.

My parents know and I have a classmate who's a Brony, but besides them and everyone on this forum, no one else knows I'm a Brony.

Back to top Go down
Riftonic
Composer
Composer

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   5/9/2012, 2:25 am

Well, It was summer of 2011.

My (now ex) boyfriend decided to break up with me with some long ass message over skype, and I drank myself to sleep that night. I fell into a deep depression that lasted for a while, and became susidle a few times. (I can remember at least two times I had a knife to my wrist >.<) But I never pulled through with it(Thank Celestia I didn't).
I had become mopy, depressed, sad, etcetc and never left my room basically. I couldn't tell my parents what was wrong,(They have no clue I'm gay) and so I just reveled in my own sorrows.
One day, my friend told me to watch an episode. I was hesitant, from being on Furaffinaty, I already had an apprehension towards watching the show, I didn't really think it was worth my time, or was just stupid and that it was overrunning the world.
At this point, after debating it with myself, I decided to watch the pilot 2 episode start of S1.
I was like,"This isn't half bad." And decided to watch another. by the end of the night, I think I made it to ep 15 or 16 before I actually went to bed. From there, I was hooked. My life literally started getting better, my mood changed, and I was able to get over the break-up. So, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, quite literally saved my life, and I've been a brony ever since, and can't get enough pony!:3

So, That's how I became a fan and a brony.^-^

Fuck logic, I'm a pony! Happy
Back to top Go down
Thoranzalar

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   5/9/2012, 2:29 am

Riftonic wrote:
Spoiler:

^^ best mommy
Back to top Go down
AlGreat-er
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   5/9/2012, 10:14 am

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   5/9/2012, 1:21 pm

I got into mlp by going to a boy scout camp out an I was at a campfire with my fellow scouts and a good friend of mine was telling a camp fire story. The story was awesome and he improvised and made characters like Betty White and Mr.T. And then in the end he revealed that that was the season 2 finale of mlp. He told me about mlp and bronys and it sounded awesome so I checked it out. I loved it ever since. SO AWESOME
Back to top Go down
Riftonic
Composer
Composer

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   6/9/2012, 7:44 am

EPIC:33

Fuck logic, I'm a pony! Happy
Back to top Go down
speedgrab

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   19/9/2012, 9:44 pm

first thing i saw of ponies, was the rainbow dash version of "Your gonna go far kid - The off spring". Somone from work then (who i've known from school) admitted he was a brony, in a casual sort of manner. This man is a story teller at heart and got me to watch the first couple of episodes. I continued to watch them really just to undersand refrences as a new thing was cropping up n my domain of the internet. understood after watching season 2 that i liked some of the character development and had become a brony. (Not tha long ago about two weeks before B.U.C.K.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you get interested in ponies?   

Back to top Go down

How did you get interested in ponies?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next