Share | 

Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ChurchCrusade
Project Awakening Head Developer

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   27/5/2012, 3:37 pm

Alright guys! Down to the "nitty gritty" ( grandma says that :P )
I have the mane six completely programmed and ready for playing. Though I might try to figure out something for RD to have some sort of projectile. That way bosses could be limited to projectile damage. Imma list all the things that are really important now. From most important, to least important.

1.Cloud and Alpha, I desperately need some locations. I assume Ponyville, Canterlot and the Everfree. But are there any more locations you plan to visit? Example being Ghastly Gorge. Or other towns scattered around Equestria. Sorry to keep asking so much of you guys :|

2. Heat, after Cloud and/or Alpha gives us said locations, I need backgrounds. I can't start the level tiles and art until I see how your going to handle the backgrounds. Also, I'm not sure if you know or not, but the backgrounds can have transparency. Such as if there is a building standing all by itself with nothing drawn behind it, leave the area behind the building 100% transparent. Having things like this is great for layering.

3. Rift, have you learned midi yet? Figured it out at all? If so, great! I don't need anything just yet :>

4. Church, stop being a lazy ass and get to work on sound effects! You still have those, character selection screen, map screen, store/shop screen, controls/options screen, and a character roster to populate! Stop your bitching at everypony else and do your own work!

Again, don't think I'm trying to rush you guys or anything, but I can't really do to much more without the stuff above. Thanks in advance :>

Oh, and that tech demo will come for you testers after Heat gets the first background done. The demo is only going to feature the mane six for the time being.

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   28/5/2012, 12:22 am

How do we get the test beta version of this game? I'm guessing we just download it from some super-secret pony-net? I could help beta test - since that's the only thing I think I can really do to help. Admittedly we probably have enough testers, still, I feel it'd be something better for me to do besides sit back and watch the progress go by while emitting several "oooh"s and "ahhhh"s.

^^ best mommy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   28/5/2012, 1:16 am

Remember in the last EP of season 2 when twilight and cadence were in that dungeon/mine like place? I plan to incorporate that some how the diamond dogs mine thing too. possible cloudsdale level? ill try to keep thinking.
Back to top Go down
ChurchCrusade

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   28/5/2012, 1:52 am

Awesome, I was hoping you would incorporate the Canterlot Caves somehow.

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   28/5/2012, 2:51 am

Cloud get your ass in skype, we need to have an overall layout for where the games going to go. I'm already giving character details to church.
Back to top Go down
HyperMetalRidley

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   15/6/2012, 6:50 am

Hello everyone, Church got me on here so I could say hi to everyone else on the team.

I'll be helping out with the programming.

Beware, I will most likely hug you.

Meow.
Back to top Go down
Thoranzalar

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   15/6/2012, 8:41 am

HyperMetalRidley wrote:
Hello everyone, Church got me on here so I could say hi to everyone else on the team.

Hi! Me and bio are the village idiots of this project! :)

^^ best mommy
Back to top Go down
HyperMetalRidley

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   15/6/2012, 9:16 am

Thoranzalar wrote:
HyperMetalRidley wrote:

Hi! Me and bio are the village idiots of this project! :)

:D lol, alright
Back to top Go down
Tomzie95
Most Edgy User On Brony Awakening

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   15/6/2012, 8:43 pm

I would like to help ^_^ seems like I'm to late , can't wait to play it ! I'll do a review or somethan

Join our Steam gaming group!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bagg
Spoiler:

"I have been to Auscwitczh's , is was goot" - Veave
Back to top Go down
ChurchCrusade

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   16/6/2012, 7:15 am

tomzie95 wrote:
I would like to help ^_^ seems like I'm to late , can't wait to play it ! I'll do a review or somethan

No not at all, you can still come on board as a tester :D You get to play it before anyone else and will be responsible for forming the final product.

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   16/6/2012, 9:04 am

Woop Wooop

Join our Steam gaming group!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bagg
Spoiler:

"I have been to Auscwitczh's , is was goot" - Veave
Back to top Go down
ChurchCrusade

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   26/6/2012, 4:34 am

Alright so the demo is 99.9% ready. For those of you testing, Rift is working on a song for the demo and should have it finished today (should.)
If he doesn't, then tomorrow hopefully. HyperMetalRidley is currently working on some eye candy type things as well, which shouldn't take very long to add to the game. Anyways, before I give my testers the demo, I want to go over how you test a game.
When you get into the testing area, you will notice that there are a ton of numbers on the right side of the screen. Each of these are important in their own way. Excluding the time and date thing, that's there for personal reasons :P
When testing a game you need to do the following.

-Try everything you can think of to break it
-If you can't think of anything, google glitches in similar games.
-(optional, bud preferred.) Use Hypercam or something to record your gameplay so I can see the glitches happen. That would make things SO much easier.
-Talk between yourselves, if necessary, create a skype group dedicated to this. If you work together, glitches will be easier to fins and to explain.
-Compile a single list between yourselves in EXTREME detail. Include all of the variable numbers from the right side of the screen.
-Make sure that it is in fact a glitch and not human error. Which means make sure you can do it more than once.
-While playing keep in mind that I am open to suggestions. If you want to see something, let me know. You will help to shape the final game.

Sorry to be so steep with you guys, but testing is by far the most important part of the game making process imo.

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   26/6/2012, 6:39 am

Got

>.< can't wait to run around in the game a little to break it

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   26/6/2012, 11:13 am

A good beta-tester's mindset, according to Church:

^^ best mommy
Back to top Go down
CloudConnection

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   26/6/2012, 11:39 am

Thoranzalar wrote:

So game testers killed Apollo?

Back to top Go down
http://bronyawakening.forumotion.com
Thoranzalar

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   26/6/2012, 11:00 pm

CloudConnection wrote:
Thoranzalar wrote:

So game testers killed Apollo?

I just asked Cleverbot, and his response was "Game A.". Now you have an answer.

^^ best mommy
Back to top Go down
ChurchCrusade

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   27/6/2012, 5:21 am

Okay so I sent the demo to those of you that signed up for testing.
The following are developer key commands that won't be included into the final game

Press Number Pad + button to return to the character selection screen.

In the character selection screen go all the way to the bottom of the screen until "Back" is selected. Then press right to select the password option. Enter the following code to unlock all characters/partners de1212011pa2012

Almost every character has a charge ability by pressing and holding "Z".
RD can dash after charging with "Z" and then running to either side and pressing "X"

There are more, but I can't think of them right now. :\

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   27/6/2012, 6:19 am

It appears I may help with the game's story as well. Yo Alpha, got MSN? I wanna make some suggestions.

Meow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   27/6/2012, 6:47 am

HyperMetalRidley wrote:
It appears I may help with the game's story as well. Yo Alpha, got MSN? I wanna make some suggestions.

Me and cloud usually just do it over skype or steam, you can add me on either. My usernames on each are the same as here.
Back to top Go down
HyperMetalRidley

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   27/6/2012, 6:50 am

AlphaWolfBlood wrote:
Me and cloud usually just do it over skype or steam, you can add me on either. My usernames on each are the same as here.

I'll look for ya on Steam then.

Nothing so far. .-.

Yeah, I'm having trouble finding you on Steam. I guess I'll get skype and try again there.

Found ya.

Meow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   27/6/2012, 10:39 am

First part of my play through

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Thoranzalar

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   27/6/2012, 10:44 am

ChurchCrusade wrote:
Okay so I sent the demo to those of you that signed up for testing.
The following are developer key commands that won't be included into the final game

Press Number Pad + button to return to the character selection screen.

In the character selection screen go all the way to the bottom of the screen until "Back" is selected. Then press right to select the password option. Enter the following code to unlock all characters/partners de1212011pa2012

Almost every character has a charge ability by pressing and holding "Z".
RD can dash after charging with "Z" and then running to either side and pressing "X"

There are more, but I can't think of them right now. :\

I don't seem to have been given a link or anything like that - I'm confused.

DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THORANZALAR!!!! MUST NOT FORGET THOR!!!

DO NOT FORGET THOR!!!
NONE MUST FORGET THORANZALAR!!!
THORAN CANNOT BE FORGOTTEN!!!

PLEEEEAAASEEEEE!!!!

PS: How exactly did you give the other testers the beta? I assumed I'd be given a link in a private message.

^^ best mommy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   27/6/2012, 1:55 pm

Second Part

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
HyperMetalRidley

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   28/6/2012, 4:57 am

AlphaWolfBlood wrote:
Second Part

Spoiler:

Your computer doesn't seem to be able to play the game at full speed while recording.
xP I hope it isn't slow normally.

I need to try to watch vids all the way before commenting perhaps.

Also, Church, you need to work on the slopes some more.
I'm glade we can finally double jump off slopes while running down them, though.
Just seems like the ponies are still falling down them rather than sliding down.

Meow.
Back to top Go down
ChurchCrusade

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   7/7/2012, 8:41 am

Just a little update for all you beautiful ponies. I've gotten most of the glitches you guys found fixed up. Also, super special thanks to Turbo for finding the biggest of the glitches. I had to completely redo how I had the jumping set up xD
Also, I still need a few things incase some of you have forgotten, here is a friendly reminder Twilight Smile
Rift...I need that music....if you don't want to do it let me know, I'll see if Tom wants to do it.
Heat, hows them houses goin? Again I'm sorry that you had to redo them, I feel pretty crappy about it.

As of right now, I have 16 of the 35 characters programmed and playable, and 11 of the partners usable. I have some small gimmicks finished up and am currently working on water effects. I'm having a boat load of trouble with the partner's movement in water though. I'll get it straightened out in no time, so no worries there.
I decided that I'll have to get all the characters added to the game before I can actually start building levels, because I want the levels in this game to be far more dynamic that the previous game. i want certain characters to be able to take certain paths and for some characters to be able to interact with some objects others can't. Mainly to give choosing a certain character some sort of meaning.
I also am toying with the idea of pairing up bestest friends giving the player the ability to pull off "Special Attacks." Like having your character ad Lyra and having Bonbon as your partner will enable you to use some awesome attack that will kill stuff :D. Sam thing for Octavia/Vinyl, Derpy/Raindrops/Doctor Hooves, Cloudrunner/Flitter, etc. For the main 6, Turbo came up with the idea of pairing the pegisi, earth ponies, and unicorns together, which I think is a really good idea.

Anyways that's where I'm at right now. And that is all for the update. Happy < love these new emoticons

PostSubject: Re: Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>   

Back to top Go down

Church's Team of Super unproductive peeps :>
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next