Brony Awakening

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mario
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist

PostSubject: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   27/4/2012, 5:50 pm

well as a relatively new brony (i only started watching the show since the beginning of season 2) i have been trying to keep the whole thing low-profile, specially with my parents :D People here in Britain don't really appreciate MlP:FiM... but when my parents found out they seemed allright with it, especially when my step dad saw Tomzie's wallpaper xD How do people react to the whole thing In teh Americas?

Back to top Go down
Tomzie95
Most Edgy User On Brony Awakening

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   27/4/2012, 7:18 pm

You dad went " Oh dearr" And shut his eyes and walked out the room!

Join our Steam gaming group!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bagg
Spoiler:

"I have been to Auscwitczh's , is was goot" - Veave
Back to top Go down
Mario
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   27/4/2012, 10:20 pm

which for him is actually rather nice

Back to top Go down
Topsy Kretts

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   27/4/2012, 10:35 pm

My siblings' reactions were generally favorable whenever they catch me with a few pony tabs open. Just the average...

Brother: "You watch mah lil poneh?"

Me: "I follow the show, yes"

Brother: "Oh, cool..."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
http://hellbreaker2012.deviantart.com
Mario
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   27/4/2012, 10:39 pm

Topsy Kretts wrote:
My siblings' reactions were generally favorable whenever they catch me with a few pony tabs open. Just the average...

haha :) accepting family is accepting
Spoiler:

what about like friends and stuff?

Back to top Go down
plumander

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   28/4/2012, 1:52 am

Everyone seems to be cool with it, mostly because I'm not a grown man... haha, you guys are actually pretty damn awesome.
Back to top Go down
Firewire
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   28/4/2012, 2:14 am

plumander wrote:
Everyone seems to be cool with it, mostly because I'm not a grown man... haha, you guys are actually pretty damn awesome.
Back to top Go down
Topsy Kretts

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   28/4/2012, 3:24 am

MarioEveryPonyIsBestPony wrote:
Topsy Kretts wrote:

As for friends, I got my best IRL friend to watch the show, now he's even more obsessed with it than me. As for fellow class mates or acquaintances, a good majority of them know I watch the show, but that's just about it, so it's almost the same as my brother's reaction, except with a laugh at the end that I have to tag along to. Then they just forget and move on to other stuff they can talk about.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
http://hellbreaker2012.deviantart.com
Mario
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   28/4/2012, 3:53 am

Topsy Kretts wrote:
MarioEveryPonyIsBestPony wrote:
Topsy Kretts wrote:

As for friends, I got my best IRL friend to watch the show, now he's even more obsessed with it than me. As for fellow class mates or acquaintances, a good majority of them know I watch the show, but that's just about it, so it's almost the same as my brother's reaction, except with a laugh at the end that I have to tag along to. Then they just forget and move on to other stuff they can talk about.

i had that but so many people actually got into it, we are the superior force >:D

Back to top Go down
Tomzie95

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   28/4/2012, 4:22 am

:scratch: Idk

Join our Steam gaming group!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bagg
Spoiler:

"I have been to Auscwitczh's , is was goot" - Veave
Back to top Go down
Mario
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   28/4/2012, 4:45 am

tomzie95 wrote:
:scratch: Idk

come on man we have setter :D no stopping us now >:D

Back to top Go down
PinkiePieRocks!

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   28/4/2012, 7:12 am

I have no idea how many people in my classes know I love the show.
But my pals like it (Like Cloud, Krabbugz, and some pals outside of school.)

The ones that do not like it try their best to stay away from the show in general, but keep us at pals and do not judge us that badly, in my opinion. :)
My mom and brother were okay with me watching the show.

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   28/4/2012, 7:18 am

Only my parents and grandparents in my family know. I dare not tell my oil field working older brother, or my stubborn hard-ass younger brother. My parents accept it, and my grandmother actually encourages it, since the show is about Love and Tolerance.

I have a friend at school who is now a fan(he likes Fluttershy the most), but no one at my school knows, although they may be catching wind of it.

I don't mind telling fellow Bronies, but I'm not much for telling people that don't really need to know.

Back to top Go down
Flutterdude

Location : Florida, the land of orange juice and air conditioning

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   28/4/2012, 7:37 am

My family knows. I don't really treat my bronyism as a secret on the Internet, some of my brother's friends know, and none of my friends at school know. Everybody who does know is fine with it. Of course, my little brother pesters me about it, but that's what little brothers are supposed to do.

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   28/4/2012, 8:00 am

My immediate family - that is, my parents and my brother - know about me being a brony. My parents are alright with it, and they've actually seen the show and liked it. My brother seems not to be interested. He says that the show is good, but he doesn't find the appeal.

As far as friends go, pretty much all of them know. Some of them are fellow members of the herd, others are not. But, like Pinkie said, we all get along in the end.

Back to top Go down
http://bronyawakening.forumotion.com
Firewire
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   28/4/2012, 9:03 am

Went for a year without telling anyone, one day me and tom are just sitting on the field one sunny day listening to my iPod, bam woodentoasters 'beyond her garden' pops onto the shuffle. Toms asks what it is, I avoid telling him (after a year of keeping it a secret, was afraid of being judged) next two or so days he kept pestering me because he like the song.
I caved.
Told him the song, the artist, the part of the Internet it is from (you know, the part with colourful rainbows and unicorn ponies).

I think he seemed hesitant at first, but I showed him the 'my little brony' section of memebase to try and show I wasn't weird and I'm not the only one. He found the ponies cute and funny.
He watched his first episode (return to harmony part 2 facepalm) and loved it, I would say he is an even more enthusiastic brony than me.
After a while Mario caught wind that we were laughing and chatting about ponies but whenever anyone asked what we were talking about we would say 'you wouldn't understand' but after another while Tom shown ponies to Mario, he became hooked. Then the setter (themightyeater) then Brodie.
I would say pretty much all my friendship group at school now either watch the show or know that I do and don't care. Which after a year of keeping it a secret and only wishing I could talk about ponies with my IRL friends rather than on the Internet is a really big deal to me.

As for my family. None of them know, I know for sure they would judge me for it so it's easier just to not tell them. Besides they don't need to know anyway.

Jeez, wrote a bit more than I planned there guys, sorry..
Back to top Go down
Hardcore_Brony57

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   2/5/2012, 9:44 pm

Well I was a closet brony for about 3 months until my little bro decided to tell mum and dad over dinner one day. Mum had no idea what he was talking about, dad on the other hand just looked at me and laughed. After dad explained it to my mum they both had a discussion to me about being gay,witch i'm not. After I told my friends they all laughed and thought i was joking. Its been about 7 months till that happened and everything is all good, my friends and family know I'm a brony and don't really care. Well that was most of my story

Australian Bronies FTW!

We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
―Ezio Auditore
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   2/5/2012, 10:27 pm

I told my friends, A few of them ignore the fact that I'm a brony however a few of them started calling me a faggot so I don't hang out with them anymore.
Back to top Go down
DarkSnivy

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   3/5/2012, 9:49 am

PSHHHT i wear a brony shirt i have 2 soon to be 3 >.>

They don't get a fuck XD

hell one day at my school i saw poster with MLP on it say OBEY so yea all is good here

Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   3/5/2012, 2:01 pm

Nobody really knows what bronies are where im from so yup

PostSubject: Re: People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )   

Back to top Go down

People's reaction to bronies (if the thread exists, just direct me there pls :D )
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1