HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Canterlot Wedding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Topsy Kretts

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   28/4/2012, 9:17 pm

Finally got around to finishing the last episode. I know, I do stuff snail pace. Below I present stuff copy-pasted directly from somewhere else.

Story wise, the episode was pretty meh. It was a bit of a deus ex machina (thanks to cloud for reminding me what the word was) kind of thing at the end, which I did not like at all, but could stand, it's a little girls show after all, cause little girls need to know that the key to power is love, cause you know, the next time you're a dictator's wife...

...yeah I'm not gonna say.

Anyways, the rest of the story was something I could definitively tolerate, I'm so glad they didn't use the elements again, I could totally understand why we haven't heard of shining armor before, but the whole insta-villain thing? C'mon that sounds like something you buy at a supermarket.

INSTA-VILLAIN, WITH NO AFOREMENTIONED HISTORY OR WHATEVER, BUY IT TODAY! WITH DISCOUNTS EVERYTIME A SEASON OF MLP ENDS.

But yeah, I can stand having insta-villains for now, it's not every day you bother writing down the history of changelings unless they happen to attempt to take over your capitol. Moving on, I completely forgot the reason why their was a pink force field, so i'm not gonna bother about that for now.

Entertainment wise, I most certainly enjoyed the episode a great deal, down to the part where I danced a wee but in my chair at the end. I LOVED the songs, BBBFF is something I might relate to very soon (my sister may be leaving for college next year), awesome design for the villains, nice to see Celestia get beaten by doing something by herself for once and actually knowing she isn't some dictator who doesn't give 2 shits about her lowest underlings, I loved the epic fight scene, though a wee bit shaky on it. The idea of 6 mares handling 60 changelings easily and an army of well trained armored and armed stallions guarding the capitol but not being able to fight off some bugs is just weird and doesn't sit well with me. Other than that, I'd be more than willing to rewatch it if I got the chance, though I'd mostly watch for the battle part. So yeah, the entertainment value is pretty high in my opinion, it is at the very and absolute least my 5th favorite episode, if not higher.

What I hope to see in the future is a little less fanservice, though it's nice to know they still consider us, and a little tease is okay, I don't want another derpy fiasco. And I look down on fanservice in general, I don't know why, I just do. Also if Hasbro dare do another insta villain thing, I might have to throw a punch, it's not everyday you let a little girls show get you down.

That's my 2 pence, as quick as I can throw them.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
http://hellbreaker2012.deviantart.com

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   29/4/2012, 1:34 am

Heres an extended version of "love is in bloom"

http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/en_US/media/browse.cfm?type=videos
Back to top Go down
PinkiePieRocks!

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   29/4/2012, 3:50 am

AlphaWolfBlood wrote:
Heres an extended version of "love is in bloom"

http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/en_US/media/browse.cfm?type=videos

ALPHA.
I WAS GONNA POST THAT.
*angry face* Ahh well, I love this song and the video!

I have no idea if I posted my review on the videos of the Season 2 Ending, so here it will be.
I agree with all the people that said the evil character was easy to spot. I knew Candence was not herself from the "Sunshine" Part.
I did get kinda sad when all the ponies left Twilight alone, and really sad when her big bro left her alone after yelling at her.

Shining armor fell too hard for Candence, evil or not. But not believing your own sister, who knows her own babysitter very well... not a smart move.

As for when Twilight and the good Candence got trapped, that was a good scene. I laughed when the brides maids (evil ones, not the Rarity scene) jumped for the flowers. :)
But the corny love scene at the end to get rid of the poorly introduced evil character was bleh. Yes it is a kid's show, and yes, the animations are fantastic at that scene, but really. Love conquers all. *laughs really hard* No. That is a lie. But it makes for a "good theme"....

I LOVED THE SONGS. And yes Nevel. the pickles too. and the outfits were cute~ a
But poor celestia. Getting defeted by evil! :/ and I loved the fighting scenes too! Any one else notice that when the changlings first attack on the ponies, when they are running, that it would be a good idea for a game? No.. just me?

and Fluttershy+Rainbow Dash :) That was cute :)
and Finally the Dance scene. I finally saw the part where DJ-P0NY lets us see her eyes for the first time. They look purple, my mom said they looked purple, but it was kinda fuzzy from being on a computer screen.

So that's my review. :)

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   

Back to top Go down

A Canterlot Wedding
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2