Brony Awakening



 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 A Canterlot Wedding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: A Canterlot Wedding   22/4/2012, 1:09 pm





Best episode yet.
Back to top Go down
ducklicker

avatar

Posts : 372
Join date : 2012-02-27

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   22/4/2012, 1:14 pm

Meghan McCarthy = Epic

_________________
more toasties, I demand MORE TOASTIES!!
Back to top Go down
AlGreat-er
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist
avatar

Posts : 1105
Join date : 2012-02-23
Age : 22
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   22/4/2012, 2:05 pm

why is their 2 videos up?

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/ALEZTHEGREAT
ducklicker

avatar

Posts : 372
Join date : 2012-02-27

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   22/4/2012, 2:23 pm

AlGreat wrote:
why is their 2 videos up?
coz is a 2 part epicness silly :P

it didnt hit me till now that this is it for season 2 guys, is anyone else feeling emotional? ......anyone?.......... :(

_________________
more toasties, I demand MORE TOASTIES!!
Back to top Go down
AlGreat-er
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist
avatar

Posts : 1105
Join date : 2012-02-23
Age : 22
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   22/4/2012, 2:31 pm

ducklicker wrote:
AlGreat wrote:
why is their 2 videos up?
coz is a 2 part epicness silly :P

it didnt hit me till now that this is it for season 2 guys, is anyone else feeling emotional? ......anyone?.......... :(
well i already have planned what im going to be doing till mlp comes back

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/ALEZTHEGREAT
CloudConnection
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 885
Join date : 2012-02-22
Age : 21
Location : Billerica, MA

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   22/4/2012, 2:50 pm

I'm not gonna lie, guys, I was mildly disappointed with this episode.

First off, it's perfectly obvious from the beginning that fake Cadance is gonna be the villain. She berates the other ponies while driving all her attention to her husband-to-be/pawn Shining Armor - you know, typical villain stuff.

Second, these new villains, the Changelings, are just...meh. We really aren't given enough time to really discover who they are, what they are, and how exactly they work - they just throw them at us and expect the episode to do the rest. The queen - who has an official name, but I forget it and I'm too lazy to search it up - is a character I really don't like, because of her goals. She's just your average "I want to conquer the world for no other reason than I want the world" villain - and those kinds of characters I can't stand.

Third, the ending. God, the ending. Not talking about the after-fiasco reception with the Vinyl Scratch and the dancing - that part was fine. I'm talking about how Cadance and Shining defeat the Changeling Queen by the sheer power of love. Now, here's the thing - if this was any of the other My Little Pony shows, I would've expected an ending like that; that is to say, love is really really good and it can triumph over an evil overlord. But here's the thing - this is Friendship is Magic, one of the most cleverly-written and original shows I've seen in a long while. The fact that they resorted to such a cliched ending like that just pisses me off on so many levels. I'll give them this though - when Princess Celestia mentioned the Elements Of Harmony, I nearly punched my monitor because I thought they were gonna rely on that magical deus ex machina plot device again. They didn't, so I guess they have that.

But...ranting aside, I still rather enjoyed these episodes. Lots of fanservice in this episode - Lyra talking, the return of Vinyl Scratch (but was Octavia in this episode? I didn't see her), Luna got 2 more lines, that kinda stuff. For some reason, I was really appealed to Shining Armor. Maybe it's because I'm also a big brother (not the 1984 Big Brother, though you may think of me as such). And I'm gonna be perfectly honest - that bridesmaid gag in the middle of the second part with the tossing of the bouquet to distract them was hilarious. One of the hardest times I've laughed through this entire show.

In short, while I didn't like some of the aspects of this episode's story, I still enjoyed it pretty well, and it's a fitting conclusion to the second season. But I really don't wanna see another episode with a major villain that appears and disappears in the same storyline ever again, unless they do it very, very well. Definitely not my favorite, but still great episodes. They receive the official CloudConnection stamp of approval.

(I'd also just like to mention that I really would've preferred it if these episodes were spread across 2 weeks instead of being back-to-back; it builds up the suspense much better. It worked for the Discord saga, and I think it would've worked here as well. Just a little nitpick.)

_________________

Back to top Go down
http://bronyawakening.forumotion.com
ducklicker

avatar

Posts : 372
Join date : 2012-02-27

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   22/4/2012, 3:13 pm

AlGreat wrote:
well i already have planned what im going to be doing till mlp comes back

...try to take over the world?

_________________
more toasties, I demand MORE TOASTIES!!
Back to top Go down
mrpotpot2100

avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 27
Location : Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   22/4/2012, 3:18 pm

Sad pony. I cant watch till my feance come home from work tomorrow, so she can watch it with me and turbonarwhal

_________________
Back to top Go down
bioreactor

avatar

Posts : 728
Join date : 2012-02-23
Age : 23
Location : hiding in the castle where they dont expect

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   22/4/2012, 3:20 pm

ok wat i dont get is if twilight can cast awesome shielding spells effortlessly (she has in the one with gabby gums) then y doesnt she and if the spell that just pwaned the changlings was also effortless for her then y doesnt she just do it to all them and fuse it with here shielding spell also y didnt she teleport her self and Candice out of the cave

_________________
Back to top Go down
bioreactor

avatar

Posts : 728
Join date : 2012-02-23
Age : 23
Location : hiding in the castle where they dont expect

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   22/4/2012, 3:22 pm

AlGreat wrote:
well i already have planned what im going to be doing till mlp comes back

the same thing we do every night

ducklicker wrote:
...try to take over the world?

exactly
Back to top Go down
AlGreat-er
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist
avatar

Posts : 1105
Join date : 2012-02-23
Age : 22
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   22/4/2012, 3:31 pm


_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/ALEZTHEGREAT
CloudConnection
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 885
Join date : 2012-02-22
Age : 21
Location : Billerica, MA

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   22/4/2012, 3:55 pm

EGAD BRAIN

THAT'S BRILLIANT

_________________

Back to top Go down
http://bronyawakening.forumotion.com
AlGreat-er
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist
avatar

Posts : 1105
Join date : 2012-02-23
Age : 22
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   22/4/2012, 4:18 pm

huh......so no more episodes till when?

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/ALEZTHEGREAT
Thoranzalar

avatar

Posts : 989
Join date : 2012-04-14
Location : On a Friendship

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   22/4/2012, 5:13 pm

CloudConnection wrote:
I'm not gonna lie, guys, I was mildly disappointed with this episode.

First off, it's perfectly obvious from the beginning that fake Cadance is gonna be the villain. She berates the other ponies while driving all her attention to her husband-to-be/pawn Shining Armor - you know, typical villain stuff.

Second, these new villains, the Changelings, are just...meh. We really aren't given enough time to really discover who they are, what they are, and how exactly they work - they just throw them at us and expect the episode to do the rest. The queen - who has an official name, but I forget it and I'm too lazy to search it up - is a character I really don't like, because of her goals. She's just your average "I want to conquer the world for no other reason than I want the world" villain - and those kinds of characters I can't stand.

Third, the ending. God, the ending. Not talking about the after-fiasco reception with the Vinyl Scratch and the dancing - that part was fine. I'm talking about how Cadance and Shining defeat the Changeling Queen by the sheer power of love. Now, here's the thing - if this was any of the other My Little Pony shows, I would've expected an ending like that; that is to say, love is really really good and it can triumph over an evil overlord. But here's the thing - this is Friendship is Magic, one of the most cleverly-written and original shows I've seen in a long while. The fact that they resorted to such a cliched ending like that just pisses me off on so many levels. I'll give them this though - when Princess Celestia mentioned the Elements Of Harmony, I nearly punched my monitor because I thought they were gonna rely on that magical deus ex machina plot device again. They didn't, so I guess they have that.

But...ranting aside, I still rather enjoyed these episodes. Lots of fanservice in this episode - Lyra talking, the return of Vinyl Scratch (but was Octavia in this episode? I didn't see her), Luna got 2 more lines, that kinda stuff. For some reason, I was really appealed to Shining Armor. Maybe it's because I'm also a big brother (not the 1984 Big Brother, though you may think of me as such). And I'm gonna be perfectly honest - that bridesmaid gag in the middle of the second part with the tossing of the bouquet to distract them was hilarious. One of the hardest times I've laughed through this entire show.

In short, while I didn't like some of the aspects of this episode's story, I still enjoyed it pretty well, and it's a fitting conclusion to the second season. But I really don't wanna see another episode with a major villain that appears and disappears in the same storyline ever again, unless they do it very, very well. Definitely not my favorite, but still great episodes. They receive the official CloudConnection stamp of approval.

(I'd also just like to mention that I really would've preferred it if these episodes were spread across 2 weeks instead of being back-to-back; it builds up the suspense much better. It worked for the Discord saga, and I think it would've worked here as well. Just a little nitpick.)

While I can certainly agree with your argument of the predictable story, enemy, and the ending, I think we all have to understand the technically the show is still *supposed* to be for little girls, it's just that since its beginnings it's grown an indescribably large male fanbase. While they can put in "secret" jokes, references and shout-outs to us, they can't steer too far from its originally intended audience. What I mean, is that all kids stories are simplistic so they don't confuse kids, and they usually lack excessive drama, detail and other themes more suitable for adult-oriented films. (I think we *all*, however, had a good chuckle at Spike's last quote, "Wait 'till you see what I've planned for the bachelor party!".) In a small way, I was a bit disappointed by the episodes involving Spike-Rarity and Spike-Twilight, as I could so easily imagine the stories being much more, well, ..dramatic. Still, I loved those episodes the most. Those and Sister Hooves Social. These new ones didn't disappoint me though because I wasn't expecting anymore than what I got, and what I got was exceptionally good. I just wish their insta-bad guy was as good as Discord.

On a side-note, was I the only one who felt little a giddy school-girl when Spike and Pinkie were playing dolls?

_________________

^^ best mommy
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
bioreactor

avatar

Posts : 728
Join date : 2012-02-23
Age : 23
Location : hiding in the castle where they dont expect

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   22/4/2012, 6:16 pm

is this the journalism thread?

_________________
Back to top Go down
AlGreat-er
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist
avatar

Posts : 1105
Join date : 2012-02-23
Age : 22
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   23/4/2012, 1:42 am

well the episode was kinda ruined for me cause everywhere i looked people where already drawing that morphing monster princess before i got the chance to watch it

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/ALEZTHEGREAT
Flutterdude

avatar

Posts : 1434
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 20
Location : Florida, the land of orange juice and air conditioning

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   23/4/2012, 1:47 am

And thus ends season two of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Lauren Faust always likes the big epic adventure stuff, I'm sure she would be proud of how the crew did without her.

_________________
My zombie drama/self-parody fan fiction. Tell your friends, spread the word, actually read it, don't throw tomatoes at me after you do read it. Give it the fan base and thumbs up it doesn't deserve.
Back to top Go down
bioreactor

avatar

Posts : 728
Join date : 2012-02-23
Age : 23
Location : hiding in the castle where they dont expect

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   23/4/2012, 4:47 am

/me is setting fire to hasbro

_________________
Back to top Go down
Firewire
Site Administrator
Site Administrator


Posts : 1712
Join date : 2012-02-23
Age : 22
Location : British Londontown

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   23/4/2012, 6:45 am

Time for my review? What's that you have already read too much about peoples opinions of the season 2 finale? well tough cheese..
Three words Out-Fucking-Standing, the story was good, the animations was awesome. Celestia finally putting in some work to protect equestria (NMM, Discord?) however she did get her ass kicked (maybe thats why she sends 6 young ponies to do it for her.. scumbag celly) but that scene was my favourite.
I bet your all wondering, "callum why arn't you ranting that luna didn't have a more active role?" that's because I'm not.
Luna had enough screen time and lines for me personally, she only appeared at night (princess of the night remember) and when she did talk she spoke normally which is a big thumbs up from me!
I will tell you now, i was round my friends house and we watched the episode on a big ass 50" TV and when i saw luna flying through the force field i punched the air shouting "FUCK YES!" and even more so when the spoke when twilight was running to the castle in the night.
The villain i quite liked actually, even though i agree to somewhat about what CloudConnection put about 'taking over the world for the sake of taking over the world' i still enjoyed her character, motives and appearance.

Unlike some of you, i didn't think Candence was evil because of the way she acted in the first episode, what got me was the green magic aura. Nearly all unicorns magic aura is the same colour as there coat colour (luna's is blue, twilights is purple, celestias is yellow etc) so having a stark green aura with no connection to the rest of her body sealed it for me that she wasn't herself.

All in all, the puns were hilarious (pinkie sneezing confetti, evil bridesmaids chasing the bouquet of flowers etc), the fight scenes were awesome and the characterization was top notch.

I'm going to count this season two finale as the movie we have been waiting for, and will continue to refer it as a movie until one (hopefully) gets released.
This has to be my favourite episode of the entire seasons now (yes even more than S02E04 lol).
Well thats been my opinions, what are yours?
Back to top Go down
bioreactor

avatar

Posts : 728
Join date : 2012-02-23
Age : 23
Location : hiding in the castle where they dont expect

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   23/4/2012, 6:50 am

shining armors aura matches twilights

_________________
Back to top Go down
Tomzie95
Most Edgy User On Brony Awakening
Most Edgy User On Brony Awakening
avatar

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2012-02-25
Age : 22
Location : Facing an Erador Lord

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   23/4/2012, 6:50 am

Best episode yet , It was what the fans wanted , and also the characters and story were so beilievible including the changlings! I honestly thought they are the best baddy to come along since discord!

_________________

Join our Steam gaming group!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bagg
Spoiler:
 


"I have been to Auscwitczh's , is was goot" - Veave
Back to top Go down
Firewire
Site Administrator
Site Administrator


Posts : 1712
Join date : 2012-02-23
Age : 22
Location : British Londontown

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   23/4/2012, 6:52 am

bioreactor wrote:
shining armors aura matches twilights

Luna wrote:
Nearly all unicorns magic aura is the same colour as there coat colour (luna's is blue, twilights is purple, celestias is yellow etc) so having a stark green aura with no connection to the rest of her body sealed it for me that she wasn't herself.


Last edited by Luna on 23/4/2012, 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AlGreat-er
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist
avatar

Posts : 1105
Join date : 2012-02-23
Age : 22
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   23/4/2012, 6:52 am

Luna wrote:
Time for my review? What's that you have already read too much about peoples opinions of the season 2 finale? well tough cheese..
Three words Out-Fucking-Standing, the story was good, the animations was awesome. Celestia finally putting in some work to protect equestria (NMM, Discord?) however she did get her ass kicked (maybe thats why she sends 6 young ponies to do it for her.. scumbag celly) but that scene was my favourite.
I bet your all wondering, "callum why arn't you ranting that luna didn't have a more active role?" that's because I'm not.
Luna had enough screen time and lines for me personally, she only appeared at night (princess of the night remember) and when she did talk she spoke normally which is a big thumbs up from me!
I will tell you now, i was round my friends house and we watched the episode on a big ass 50" TV and when i saw luna flying through the force field i punched the air shouting "FUCK YES!" and even more so when the spoke when twilight was running to the castle in the night.
The villain i quite liked actually, even though i agree to somewhat about what CloudConnection put about 'taking over the world for the sake of taking over the world' i still enjoyed her character, motives and appearance.

Unlike some of you, i didn't think Candence was evil because of the way she acted in the first episode, what got me was the green magic aura. Nearly all unicorns magic aura is the same colour as there coat colour (luna's is blue, twilights is purple, celestias is yellow etc) so having a stark green aura with no connection to the rest of her body sealed it for me that she wasn't herself.

All in all, the puns were hilarious (pinkie sneezing confetti, evil bridesmaids chasing the bouquet of flowers etc), the fight scenes were awesome and the characterization was top notch.

I'm going to count this season two finale as the movie we have been waiting for, and will continue to refer it as a movie until one (hopefully) gets released.
This has to be my favourite episode of the entire seasons now (yes even more than S02E04 lol).
Well thats been my opinions, what are yours?
Write a book while your at it

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/ALEZTHEGREAT
Firewire
Site Administrator
Site Administrator


Posts : 1712
Join date : 2012-02-23
Age : 22
Location : British Londontown

PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   23/4/2012, 6:55 am

Oh and did anyone catch Rarity doing Twilights crazy face from lesson zero when she caught the bouquet? I laughed so hard xD

Edit: Also, is it bad that i LOVED Shining Armours voice, sounded like the perfect 'big brother' voice. Also loved it everytime he called her 'Twilighy'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A Canterlot Wedding   

Back to top Go down
 
A Canterlot Wedding
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Dream Day Wedding Collector Pack (6 in 1)
» Delicious 8: Emily's Wonder Wedding
» CLOSING STATEMENTS FROM THE FINAL 2
» Me and My Cousin: WEDDING
» Unique Item Useless Skill

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brony Awakening :: My Little Pony:Friendship Is Magic :: Show Discussion-
Jump to: