HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Lights of Harmony V

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   17/12/2013, 4:09 pm

Whip growled a little as he stood up, pulling Flare to his hooves before yelling into the smoke.

"SHOW YOURSELVES! ONLY GELDINGS USE SMOKESCREENS!"

Before he knew it, a figure fell from above and slammed both hooves on top of his head, shoving him roughly into the arena floor before disappearing into the smoke.

Flare helped him up and held him steady.

"Keep calm Whip, they're just trying to rile-"

A figure appeared and delivered a direct blow to Flare's muzzle, the stallion letting out a pained scream as held both hooves to his bleeding mouth. Whip went to run towards him, but Flare was immediately assaulted by both hidden stallions, a hoof hitting Signal Flare in the side of his helmet before a buck to the side sent him sprawling across the arena.

Whip could feel both fear and anger filling his veins, the stallion wanting to both murder his opponents and make sure Signal was alright.

He ran for Flare, who was in his sights now. The stallion was curled up, clutching his likely broken muzzle while blood dripped through his hooves.

Before Whip could reach him, the smaller stallion met an outstretched hoof that delivered a blow to his head, knocking him off his hooves and to the ground. Another figure appeared, and this time he was kicked to the other side of the field in a heap.

Whip was starting to really feel panic and anger. The stallions were laughing, taunting him.

"Come on...you want to help your friend right? Come get him..."

"Not like you had a chance...you're just a little runt...how you survived training, it was a fluke."

"Not like you'd amount to anything..."

Whip wasn't sure whether it was the two stallions, or his memories, that said the last line, but now the air was starting to grow hot and dense, the smoke lifting higher into the air from the change in air pressure.

The two now exposed stallions, who had been ready to beat Signal into submission, now bore witness to a terrifying sight.

Whip was knelt close to the ground, a red aura surrounding his wings as the feathers blackened on the ends. His eyes were wide and bloodshot, nothing but anger showing as he panted like a rabid beast. He snorted hard, and visible steam left his nostrils.

The air was starting to get oppressing, the two stallions having a hard time breathing from the heat. It felt like they were nearing the surface of the sun.

"So....you wanna call me a runt again? Hurt my friend more?"

His tone was deep, and carried a vicious tone.

The two earth ponies stood their ground as one readied to throw down another pellet, his brother speaking.

"Please, you're pegasus tricks are nothing. Once we blind your friend here with some pepper, we'll come after you, runt."

The air grew hot, and the pellet exploded into its holder's hoof, blinding him. He began to scream as Whippoorwill charged across the field, a visible field of thermal energy surrounding him as he slammed into the other stallion.

He pinned the twin stallion, hooves glowing as he pushed down onto the chestplate.

"I'll cook you alive...but you can't cook a few eggs..."

He smiled.

"Without breaking them!"

He tossed the stallion into the air and flapped his wings, slamming into him and carrying him high into the sky, only to let out a roar of rage as he turned, and flew back down at blinding speeds towards the arena.

He pulled back, the heat rolling off of him slamming into the twin that was still rolling around with peppers in his eyes, and then let go of the twin's brother, both of them connected with a grand 'CLING' that reverberated loud enough that it even hurt Dalila's ears.

Whip landed with a harsh crash, his armor hot to the touch as the air cooled.

Ignoring the announcer proclaiming victory for House Hurricane, he pulled a wounded Signal Flare onto his back, and the smaller stallion succeeded in carrying his partner into the medical tent, putting him on the cot and simply sitting beside him, not saying a word and keeping his head down.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   17/12/2013, 4:49 pm

Red was on top of him immediately, checking him over for damage. It didn't look all that good.

"Fas! Broken bones here, I need a hoof!"

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   17/12/2013, 4:56 pm

Fas was by his side in an instant, her hands and eyes glowing as she looked through his skin and into the bones beneath.

"Two fractures, one two inches from the eye socket on the malar bone and one directly below on the mandible. Surprised he didn't lose two of his teeth, cause that had to be a pretty powerful strike."

Signal Flare gave a growl of frustration through his pain as more of his blood came from both nostrils and a tear in his mouth.

Fas spoke again.

"Bleeding suggests trauma to the veins in his nose and cuts in his mouth."

She traced a talon near his eye and across the bridge of his muzzle, the stallion starting to slow in his withering.

"That should have numbed his muzzle."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   17/12/2013, 5:10 pm

Red placed on his huge set of goggles and flicked the switch. Magic filled the lenses letting him see beyond the skin and blood all over his face. He nodded, slightly relieved. "It's not terrible. Mending those bones should be easy."

"Before the next round commences," came the voice of the announcer. "I would like to remind all participants that after a second warning - given yesterday afternoon - all deliberate targeting of the head intending to cause serious harm or permanent damage will disqualify the particpants from the match. As such, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna have deemed that the previous match, although a win for House Hurricane, crossed that line. Their opponents are hereby disqualified from all other matches, as per the rules. This does not apply for targeting a unicorn's horn to displace or disrupt magic - but extreme force will apply."

Red snorted. The booing from some of the audience was still partially audible over the loud round of applause the announcement garnered. "Good. I don't want anypony else taking a beating like this."

Brimstone whispered to Void, "Don't shoot for the head, just in case. Those shock darts could be called deliberate targeting to cause undo force. Pepper the heck out of them until they're like a tranquilized elephant."

She nodded meekly before joining her sister in the line up for the next round.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   17/12/2013, 5:18 pm

Fas gave a small sigh as she used a talon and some red powder to traced the fractures over the outside of the muzzle, the powder actually emitting a small sizzling sound.

"This is a powder the other medics I've been with sometimes used in order to loosen the nerves and muscles so that they can fix a fracture better."

She pressed her beak into a thin line.

"I can't use that little pen I had without cutting into his muzzle, and I wanna make this simple."

She sighed.

"Guess I'll need help constricting his head so I can just use magic to knit the bone back together. Less teeth pulling that way."

Meanwhile, Whip had remained silent the entire time, the smaller stallion moving into the armor tent so he could remove his own set. There were dents everywhere, and some noticeable heat damage around where his wings fitted through.

He sighed as he gave his wings a flick, a few singed feathers falling to the ground.

It was going to take him forever to get molt and regain a healthy amount of feathers back.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   18/12/2013, 9:55 am

Red pulled out a few different bandages and extra stints and began to secure the stallion's head so it wouldn't move.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   18/12/2013, 11:40 am

Fas turned Signal's head until he was lying on the side with his fractured side pointed in their direction, using the stints to make sure that his muzzle was completely straightened and wasn't going to be healed crooked.

She sighed, dabbing away more blood before laying a hand on the side of Signal's muzzle.

Making sure that his muzzle was numbed, she began to the gentle process of knitting his bones back together, her mind's eye seeing the little fibers of the bone slowly reaching out and grabbing back on, a fraction of the crack in the break slowly shrinking.

The process was going to take Fas a while, and by the time she was finished with the top half of Signal's muzzle, she was panting faintly and sweating a little.

She sighed.

"Hard to fix such a large bone...now, for the mandible fracture..."

It took around half an hour, but soon the fractures were fixed up, Fas breathing a little heavy as she removed the stints.

"Thanks Red....mind watching the tent? I think I'm going to grab something to eat and get my energy back. I've been a little off my game today apparently."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   18/12/2013, 11:44 am

Null and Void came back into the tent from the back rooms, more refreshed after their short and successful match. Once again, their magic cancellation paired with their in sync fighting had their opponents flattened in only ten minutes.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   18/12/2013, 11:54 am

Whip gave a small wave of acknowledgement as he looked into a mirror that Mist had set up for him, his wings played out so he could look through the damage. It was...rather upsetting at how deep the feathers went. He reached over with her mouth and bit into a small section of his wings, pulling out a mouthful of feathers that were black around the edges.

He gave a small sigh as he spoke.

"It's going to take a lot of molting to fix this..."

Inferno spoke up from near the tent's entrance, smiling faintly.

"At least you learned how to use heat in Weather Wing. I've been trying to figure out why I was so bad at it."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   18/12/2013, 12:38 pm

Void came over and placed a hoof on Whipoorwill's giving a warm smile.

"Knocked you good, did they?" Null said with a confident grin. She struck a heroic pose. "I guess those last stallions we fought know how you felt. Y'know, except in the chest region."

Her sister shot her a glare. "That's nothing to be proud of. Can't you just be humble with our win?"

"I fractured a rib and he broke his leg! Can't I gloat?"

Void grumbled. "No, no you can't. The point is to incapacitate the enemy, not break all their bones so they can't keep going! Tone the punches down, Null."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   18/12/2013, 12:48 pm

Whip sighed.

Squabbles between siblings was one of the reasons he didn't keep in contact with his brothers that much anymore.

"The point of this tournament is to show that our Lady, and House Hurricane in general, will not be fucked with so easily. We show strength by being better ponies not just in fighting, but by showing that we're the better pony."

He looked at Null.

"Honestly? I just wanna incapacitate them, but if they give me a reason to crush their skull and drink whatever comes out, then I'll happily do it."

He sighed.

"Then again, it's not about how you bring them do it, it's 'why' you brought them down..."

The small stallion gave his wings another fluff, a few more feathers falling out.

Inferno spoke up with a small smirk on her face.

"It's gotta mean something when the powerhouse is the one to make that kind of observation."

Whip shrugged.

"...Honestly? That match, I wanted to beat them within an inch of their lives, but it's because my friend was hurt that I didn't..."

He sighed.

"...all in all, if you ask me, I'm fighting them to incapacitate them, but if do what those two twin fucks did, I'll crack open the shells and see what's inside."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   18/12/2013, 1:15 pm

"Wow! What a hit. I don't think he's getting up folks!"

Void trotted over to the door of the tent. One of the fields was completely trashed - stone and dirt littered the ground as one of the pair of unicorns stood on the edge triumphant. Medics carried out a pair of earth ponies who looked like they'd just been tied up and had their limbs broken. Of course, it wasn't actually like that, but there had to be a broken bone on each of them at least.

She swallowed, pale faced.

"And our two year winner in pairs advances on! House Platinum wins!"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   18/12/2013, 1:21 pm

Whip gave a loud curse as he flapped his wings again.

"Great, just great. I don't I'll even have any feathers left if we meet those two! I'd rather keep my head attached to the neck."

Inferno gave a wincing smile.

"Don't worry...there's no way they would try to do that much damage each match, right?"

She glanced at Whip, who was giving her a deadpanned look.

"Right?"

Whip sighed and spoke up.

"I'm a little worried about you Inferno. The current champion for the weapons only matches is an earth pony veteran for House Puddinghat. I don't really know much about him though..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   18/12/2013, 1:43 pm

Brimstone frowned. "I think the weapons tournament has less of a possibility of severe injury. All weapons that enter that field are safety weapons. Y'know - they get enchanted so you can't kill somepony with them. Thats what that weird tingle is when you walk onto the field."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   18/12/2013, 1:51 pm

Inferno nodded slowly.

"I guess that makes sense. I mean, I'm not seeing ponies going up there with wooden or rubber swords, so that explains that."

She idly looked down at her claymore, which she had started polishing a moment ago, and frowned.

"....I'm still in shock about what I did yesterday. I mean, Mist told me my innate magic probably reacted with hers and Axel's in the sword. I just wanted to shove a cold front into him and knock him off the arena, but instead he found himself in a pile of snow..."

She shrugged.

"And honestly, I'm hoping I succeed in doing that again. I may be 'Inferno', but I guess the cold is my weapon."

She looked out of the tent and tilted her head.

"When's the next match? I'm getting antsy sitting here."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   19/12/2013, 5:29 am

A loud cheer from the crowd outside brought a smile to Brimstone's face. "It's almost 8:30. The Quarter Finals and on are all played after each competition is decided, except for the main tournament. Two and a half hours there will be a half hour break, and then you'll be in on round..."

He trotted over to the door and flipped through the little clip board on the wall. "Fourth round. Then if you move on, the sixth, eighth and ninth rounds. Speaking of, Fas, is Signal Flare good to go? He's on in half an hour."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   19/12/2013, 5:56 am

Fas looked over at the stallion and nodded.

"I'm just doing one last checkup and making sure there aren't any frayed nerves. He's not as bad as Highline, but that was still a painful fracture to have."

She lifted her hand away from Signal's muzzle and spoke up.

"Try moving your mouth a couple times."

Flare did just that, opening and closing his mouth before moving it side to side.

Fas nodded.

"Alright, now try talking."

Signal cleared his throat a little and spoke.

"I'm going to kick some serious House ass once I'm on the field again."

Fas smirked.

"Yeah, always a good plan to have. Anything else?"

Signal gave a small sigh.

"Just a small ache in my jaw."

The griffon medic nodded.

"That'll go away after a while. Alright, you should be good to go!"

The stallion nodded and sighed as he slowly rolled off of the cot and stood up, rolling his neck to work out the kinks, give his back and wings a small stretch, then sighed with a smile.

"Thanks Fas..."

Said griffon nodded with a smile and gave a thumbs up at Brimstone.

"Looks like he's good to go."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   19/12/2013, 1:04 pm

Brimstone smiled. "Get prepped. Zest can whip you up something if you want a good drink before the match. Go."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   19/12/2013, 1:08 pm

Signal was gone right when Brimstone was finished speaking, muttering something about a protein shake.

Fas gave a small chuckle.

"Well, good to see that he can walk. No damage to his brain then..."

As she picked up a stint to give back to Red, she spoke up.

"Anyone seen Hailstone? I need to check up on her wings to make sure there isn't any lasting problems at the moment."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   19/12/2013, 1:37 pm

"Sleeping in the back room, I think. Said she couldn't sleep last night," Brimstone said. He frowned and shrugged. "I haven't heard of her being unable to sleep lately. Have you?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   19/12/2013, 1:45 pm

Fas frowned as she closed a small box of medical supplies.

"Haven't heard a thing. I'm not usually the one you guys come to for that kind of stuff...but..."

She glanced at the back room of the tent, a brow slightly raised.

"...maybe I should check on her, make sure she's not getting eaten up by anything."

The griffon looked at Red.

"I'll be right back."

With that, Fas exited the area and entered into the back of the tent, trying to find the large mare that was Hailstone.

"...Hey Hailstone, you in here?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   19/12/2013, 2:36 pm

"Yes."

Hailstone was sitting by herself in the locker room they were assigned with her equipment on the floor. She didn't appear tired, but she had woken with a start twice during the night. The little nap she was able to get after her breakfast certainly helped.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   19/12/2013, 2:53 pm

Fas frowned a little and sat down on a bench across from the pegasus, resting her hands in her lap.

"Just came here to see how you're doing. No one's really seen you around, and, well..."

She gave a shrug.

"I also wanted to check on your wings just once more, make sure they didn't get all messed up during the night."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   20/12/2013, 3:31 am

"I was napping on the couch in the resting room," she said simply. Hailstone stretched out her wings and sat patiently in front of Fas. I don't believe there has been any change in my wings since I have not been using weather wing. But you may check, if you wish."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   20/12/2013, 4:27 am

Fas moved behind Hailstone and went through the motions, her eyes and hands glowing as she looked at the magic paths in Hail's wings. As she expected, they looked fine, since Hail hadn't been doing anything involving Weather Wing.

A few simple pokes, and she was already done, the griffon giving a small smile.

"Alrighty, looks good. At least now I know your magic won't fracture even when you're not doing anything, and that means it's not too bad....still have to get some work done on your wings, but it's still not bad."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony V
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next