Share | 

The Lights of Harmony V

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 7:45 am

Bolt gave a smile and blinked a few times just to make sure he hadn't heard wrong. She had accepted? The pony of his desire didn't outright reject him?

Score.

He shrugged. "I guess I'm just a brave kind of pony."

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 8:03 am

Dalila raised a brow.

"Bravery is an acceptable thing to have, just don't mistake it for arrogance. Over-confidence leads to most of a pony's downfall."

Dalila suddenly stopped as she looked around, her ears twitching. She sniffed the air a few times before sighing.

"You should be asleep as well, Temporal, not raiding for food or exploring the castle."

In less than the blink of an eye, the white and blue mare appeared, pouting.

"I was just curious of the layout...I've never been in the castle before."

Dalila sighed again before patting her on the shoulder.

"I understand my friend...just please go to sleep. You were very tired when Fas finally woke you up."

Temporal still pouted, but nodded as she disappeared in a flash.

The zebra mare ran a hoof through her braids, glad to have them out of her ponytail.

"A hoof-full, but more than a friend could ask..."

She tilted her head and then looked back at Bolt.

"Tell me about yourself Bolt...I've shared a little about myself, let's see if there's anything about you."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 9:06 am

Bolt tapped his hoof against the stone. "Well... I lived in Cloudsdale for most of my life and I was a high school racing team captain. I actually have six first place finishes in Varisity track racing. But when I went to the Wonderbolt Academy, I was rejected for being partially colorblind. I can't see the color red, actually."

He laughed and pointed at his leg. "I bleed grey."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 9:23 am

Dalila raised a brow at him.

"I never would have guessed. Though I suppose colors haven't been a problem recently, not unless I was to ask you what color ponies like Inferno were. She's multiple shades of red after all."

She sighed.

"And a waste of talent from the Wonderbolts, though I suppose that each group needs standards. Your records would also explain your speed and control. Not many pegasi can achieve such speeds without losing control of themselves and simply crashing."

Dalila suddenly stopped and looked around, her ears moving as she also took a small sniff of the air.

She sighed and moved at a slower pace.

"Sorry, a disadvantage of my ability. A reason I never go into castles very often. Why they decide to make it so that the halls are not just obnoxiously big and grand, but can carry echoes from anywhere in the castle is lost beyond me."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 9:33 am

Bolt sighed. "Can you not... turn off that ability? I mean, isn't it hard to do things when you constantly hear everything all the time? That would mean being in the stadium with all that cheering must hurt your ears like pressing them up to a concert speaker."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 9:47 am

Dalila nodded faintly.

"I have grown use to blocking the sounds out...but stress only makes it worse, because more focus is going into my senses."

She looked over figure and sighed.

"Feral had given me a paste that she even showed me how to make. They use it to train their younger hunters, and I usually put the paste around my muzzle and ears..."

She looked at him.

"It's the blue lines you would have seen me doing in the weapons only tournament..."

She shrugged.

"I suppose technically I was breaking the rules in terms of 'using magic', but ever since I tapped into my innate magic, it's become something that I can't stop. I tried to make my own fight fair by using a little more paste dull my senses more than usual. The rest was easier to suppress."

The zebra mare seemed to smile a little.

"It is rather amazing what one can do when they learn how to control their own magic. Weather Wing is just one of the ways in tapping into your inner magic...Fas and I are a prime example."

She glanced at Bolt again.

"I'm curious...how surprised were you and the others when you were moving into the staff house? It's not everyday that a zebra uses magic that isn't in herbal form, or a griffon that knit wounds back together."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 10:10 am

"Quite surprised. But not as surprised as I should have been. You see, my dad was a zebra. He died before I was born and could do magic with herbs, as I'm told. He could use them to cast just like a unicorn does, but..." He shrugged and let it go. "It's not terribly important. Mom never talked about him and I found out who he was when I went to apply for the Wonderbolt's Academy. I did a year of travel before applying to the guard. I actually missed a lot of that whole Noble Victory thing too."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 10:17 am

Dalila glanced at him before speaking.

"Interesting...and be glad you did miss it...there was civil war, with ponies attacking their neighbors, and those the refused Noble Victory were turned to stone. Horrible things done...and it was suspected that some members of the Tribal Council had staged a hidden coup against the Princesses."

She shrugged.

"It was not my...'jurisdiction' though. I had actually been working with Lady Twilight Sparkle on a cure for the spell put on those turned to stone..."

She smiled.

"We succeeded too."

She shook her head, hoping to avoid sharing more about what happened.

"It was a dark time, but now it is over."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 10:23 am

He snorted. "If I hadn't left I would have resisted her with the other ponies - being turned to stone or not. That's why I joined the guard and ultimately joined Lady Hurricane. She fights for what's right just like the princesses do."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 10:29 am

Dalila gave a small smile.

"Admirable. Too bad others don't follow the same thoughts. You're one of the ponies that stepped forward to say that do admire Lightning's goals."

She stopped when they were at a window, choosing to stare up at the glowing silver orb with a small smile.

"I think we might be expecting more recruits for the Storm Hammers here..."

She looked at Bolt from the corner of her eye.

"I expect you and the others to show them how things are to go and what to expect?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 1:29 pm

"Of course! I'm not Five Star or any of those terrible CO's I had to deal with in the guard. We are a family in Lady Lightning's home. She treats us like siblings or cousins. There's no way I'd treat them any less than is expected."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 3:47 pm

Dalila smiled faintly.

"Glad to hear it. Recruits usually listen when being told such things by their fellow guards. Believe me when I say so."

She sighed faintly as she stared at the moon for a moment, mulling over her thoughts before speaking again.

"I want you to tell the others to be on their guard for the rest of the tournament, you yourself included....I may be acting paranoid, but in these sort of fights, paranoia is usually a justifiable emotion to carry. I do not believe that the other Houses will keep this a clean tournament, and I don't want to wake up and find out that one of you was beaten to within an inch of your life by hooded figures the night before, or that someone put arsenic in your meal and failed to poison you."

She glanced at Bolt again.

"I don't want you to feel as though there are eyes everywhere....but I have seen many things done over petty squabbles...and none of them I wish to occur here."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 4:07 pm

Bolt nodded. "You can count on me."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 4:17 pm

The morning rolled around quick for most of the guards, and soon the guards of House Hurricane were on the move towards their tents, eager to grab breakfast before jumping back into their preparations for the tournament to continue.

They were early enough that the other guards weren't even on the field yet, and there was no sight of early attenders of the audience appearing.

Dalila led the group with Lightning while Fas and Red were in the tent, prepping their own medical equipment while the food was being cooked.

Fas sighed as she looked over a syringe, smirking at Red.

"Let me tell ya...one of the reasons I took magic as a medical tool? I don't have to use big ass needles and scare the shit out of a patient. I hate needles with a passion too, so I sympathized."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 4:39 pm

Red snorted. "Lucky you. I pull out a few of the tools from my bag and I get a swift kick to the head. I've become an expert at dodging, though. In my experience, its a necessary thing."

Lightning looked over her troops who were already primed from their early morning run. They had beaten Platinum to the field yet again, and they were all ready to have something to eat.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 5:09 pm

Inferno was almost bouncing on her hooves in excitement, looking to her right and bumping a shoulder against Brim before looking to her left and bumping her other shoulder into Hail, smiling brightly despite the early hour.

Back with Fas, she couldn't pass up a possible jab at her medical partner and spoke up.

"Really now? Hopefully you hadn't suffered any possible trauma to your head, especially to the brain."

She smirked and went over her own pack, a small series of tools put away into a faux-leather casing that was rolled up now rolled out on a table they were using.

"Glad I managed to grab this before we left home. These are my own tools of the trade, and I was saving them until later in the tournament for when the injuries got especially bad."

She held up what looked like a pen, a tiny and glowing white crystal on the end that was sharpened to a point.

"Like this here? A tool I got for a gift when I became a CMO for my group. It focuses any magic you project into that crystal, amplifies it, and fines the beam. Of course, this can be a weapon too, but I use it to do things like graft long gashes back to together, or reconnect arteries."

She put it back into its pouch.

"A nice collection of the weird tools you might find in a comic book."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   17/12/2013, 3:34 am

Red smiled and raised an eyebrow. "Good luck trying to use that on Null or Void."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   17/12/2013, 5:58 am

Fas gave him a deadpanned look.

"At least I carry a sewing kit for emergencies..."

She rolled her eyes and went back to sorting through her equipment.

Back with the guards, the food had finally been placed out, and Inferno was in the middle of scarfing down her own serving, taking the time to chew thoroughly before taking her next bite. It wasn't that she was very hungry, she was just eager to finish her food and start running.

For once, she was actually pretty excited to be doing some runs and training.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   17/12/2013, 1:56 pm

Brimstone looked over at Inferno and chuckled. "If you eat like that, you're going to be throwing up during your magic match."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   17/12/2013, 2:02 pm

Inferno turned and pouted at Brimstone.

"I'm at least chewing my food. Talk to Signal Flare, he's inhaling his food faster than me because he doesn't chew."

Said stallion looked up.

"I'm hungry, what can I say? I just wish I had the time like Miss Temporal. She's already done with her food, and is even reading a book over where she's at."

Inferno raised a brow, then looked over at a small table near the back. Indeed, Temporal was lazily sitting in her chair, a rather thick book in her magic while an empty plate laid on the table in front of her.

Inferno pouted, then looked at Brimstone.

"Now that's just not fair."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   17/12/2013, 2:19 pm

He rolled his eyes and took a bite of his food, chewing it slowly. "It's not a competition, Inferno."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   17/12/2013, 2:59 pm

She gave him a look.

"Still, I like to enjoy my food. I can't really enjoy them when I'll probably be seeing them after a good swift hit to the gut."

She shrugged.

"At least I'll do my best to upchuck the food in my opponent's face."

Signal Flare spoke up.

"Not the best imagery Inferno."

Said mare only snickered and went back to eating.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   17/12/2013, 3:09 pm

Brimstone simply shook his head and ignored her.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   17/12/2013, 3:25 pm

Breakfast finished fast, the morning practice was over, and now the tournament was picking back up from yesterday, the crowds rolling back in and more seemed to be attending than yesterday.

Signal Flare was holstering his blade as he glanced across the fields, seeing the other guards.

"Hm, the air feels thicker, doesn't it?"

Whippoorwill nodded as he adjusted his armor and ran a hoof over his helmet.

"What'd you expect? Now things are going to get more serious as the day progresses. Bolt already told us to keep an eye out for tampering, and that's what we might have to do."

The announcer called for the first group of guards to come forth for the continuation of the Pairs matches, and it looked like Signal Flare and Whippoorwill were one of the first ones to start.

Now the two stallions stood on their side of the arena, looking across at a pair of stallions that looked almost identical in appearance. Likely twins. Both had dark red coats with manes and tails of green, cut short. the only difference were their eyes, the earth pony on the left having blue eyes while the slightly taller earth pony on the right had brown eyes.

'Great, this might be a problem.'

Signal Flare looked down at Whip.

"We can't use our last strategy, they'll expect it, and Red will skin us. We still carry on with the initial start up though, alright?"

Whip nodded and seemed to grin faintly as he looked back at the twins.

"Begin!"

Both twins threw down a pellet, and a bright flash filled the arena, Whip growling as he covered his eyes and Flare looked down.

"Dammit, flash blinders!"

A hoof slammed into Whip's head and put him to the ground, another hitting his side and flinging him across the field. The flash dimmed and Flare looked around, trying to spot him in the smoke before a hoof connected with the back of his head, a ringing filling his ears as he went down.

From where she stood, Fas sighed.

"This isn't good...those are some fast earth ponies, even I can't see that well through the smoke."

A clang was heard as Whip came into view, having been launched again through the air and slamming into Flare, knocking them both down again.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   17/12/2013, 3:47 pm

Lightning grimmaced. It would look terrible for them if they got knocked out in the first round of actual combat after such a good showing in the last matches. She frowned and looked on at the smoke with concern.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony V
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next