HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Lights of Harmony V

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 8:57 am

Fas nodded as she immediately took flight and went to another tent, this one the repair and gear tent. Fas exited with Mist in tow, having given a quick explanation of what was to happen, and the unicorn seemed skeptical. The griffon could understand her hesitance, since Mist was rather vulnerable to those attacks, but Lightning was vouching for the mare.

As the mare was leaving the arena, Fas moved to step in front of her, giving a small smile.

"Lady Lightning wishes to speak with you, please come with us."

Mist nodded as she looked around at the cloaked figures in the crowd, including a griffon on a tower that looked as though he was about to take flight.

Her horn flashed in a pattern, a few symbols even appeared, before she nodded in their direction and walked off.

She walked over to Lightning, speaking up.

"I sent out a message. No harm coming this way now."

Back with Dalila, she could feel her senses wearing down, the Spectre Arrows filling her head with buzzing and crackling as they stayed on the floor of the arena. She wasn't going to be able to navigate the arena if any more reached her. She had managed to get a few strikes in, but now the stallion was holding her in place.

'Time to change tactics.'

She grabbed a pellet from a pouch on her shoulder, muttering an incantation as she threw it down.

A cloud of yellow filled the air as Dalila felt raw power fill her system, her stripes glowing brightly as she charged out of the cloud and jumped in the air, slamming her legs into the ground. A shockwave of yellow energy went across the arena, knocking over a few contestants as Recurve was actually launched into the air from the percussion.

Dalila charged, did a few front flips, then catapulted into the air, her hooves connecting with him.

Instead of being struck hard, there was instead a few points of yellow dots appearing on his form, the stallion gasping in a bout of pain.

He fell on his back, in too much pain to move. Dalila simply held a blade near his throat, the stallion looking up with acceptance, with a little awe.

"Dalila of House Hurricane is the winner!"

There were some shocked words and loud cheers, but Recurve only sighed in defeat. Dalila tapped him on the stomach and chest, and the yellow dots disappeared, the stallion no longer feeling any pain.

Dalila clarified.

"Nerve paralysis spell. Zebras have as much magic as unicorns...only we need to learn how to tap into it. Herbs are one way...but I know many other ways."

She smirked, and the stallion seemed to smile a little.

Once on his hooves, he actually gave a bow of respect to Dalila, who returned it, then they both left the arena, Dalila heading towards Lightning.

Once close enough, she spoke.

"Care to explain why there is a Dancer in Silence here, Lady Lightning?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 9:23 am

Lightning was visibly nervous, pulling Dalila to the side of the tent to speak with her privately. "Dalila, I don't know if your order even realizes it, but that is weather wing. I was told it was a dead art by Princess Luna, but there it is plain and simple. I watched her - she has no actual combat training other than whatever she was doing. I mean, she looked like she broke a bone from the way she was walking."

She looked at the crowd nervously before returning to Dalila. "I want her on my guard. Even if I can't have her, I don't want to see her killed. Just by being here, she puts me at extreme risk if Platinum thinks all of my guards have this kind of training. But at the same time, I need to know how that ability works - it would be a huge deterrent to them. If I don't take her I lose her and I get seen as an unjustified threat. If I do take her, I'm considered a threat and I have protection from retaliation. I'm in a rock and a hard place." she rubbed her forehead. "By the way, nice job on the match. You finally got respect from somepony on the field."

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 9:31 am

Dalila glanced over back to the mare before looking at Lightning, heaving a sigh through her teeth.

"...Fine fine...we can keep her around, and I'll see if Idris can be convinced to let her through as a member of the guard here. It's just that....we're talking about one of the few things out there that make the Vigilate nervous, like Changelings....but I'll go into that another day."

She looked Lightning straight into her eyes.

"As long as you stick strongly with your opinion to keep her around, you can dissuade opinion in your favor. Just make sure that you help keep an eye on her...and if something bad happens, you may end up taking the blame for trusting her."

She ran a hoof through her braided mane.

"Don't think I'm being harsh here...just protocol."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 10:49 am

Lightning smiled. "I have this weird feeling she was looking to join my guard anyway. I saw her watching on her hooftips through all of our earlier matches. Also keep in mind one of the Princesses had to have known who she was. She was in their boot camp."

She gave Dalila a hug and ruffled her mane. "Thank you, Dalila."

She walked into the tent to check on the mare they'd brought in, only to see Idris and Trail Mix in the back of the tent.

"Lady Hurricane!" the batpony yelled happily. She tried to rise off of the couch she was being treated on, but she flopped face down to the floor.

Red grumbled as he hefted her back onto the couch. "Leyline! For the last time, if you break your legs you will be in agony! For someone who can unstring someone's aura, you sure don't look at yours."

Lightning crossed the space of the tent and out the back flap with Trail Mix and Idris. Once they were in the hurricane training room, alone, she slipped behind the counter to whip up something to eat for the three of them. "Alright. Who was going to tell me that there were still forms of weather wing in existence that could paint an enormous target on my back? Was that what you were worried I could do those months ago?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 11:37 am

Trail Mix rubbed the back of her neck in sheepishness while Idris avoided eye-contact for a few seconds, before finally looking back up and speaking.

"We couldn't be a hundred percent sure that it was as widely used as we thought. The Dancer in Silence and the Vigilate, though hospitable with each other, have a strained undertone. A clan that can undo much of the Vigilate's magic, if a trained warrior fought against our soldiers. You can see how we would be a little....hesitant."

Trail continued speaking after him, a sarcastic smile on her face.

"Believe it or not, we're not able to negotiate well with many other cultures and clans. We're on rough terms with the Griffon Empire, we're still establishing terms with the Changelings, and there are a few batpony clans and tribes that refuse to even speak to us."

She shrugged.

"I'll be honest, I myself wasn't too sure if there would be negative repercussions, since I'm the head of the archeological teams and such. Idris is the head of Noble Houses, so technically it's not his duty either. If you want negotiations, talk to Cerulean."

She giggled.

"There's actually a rumor that she seduced the Duchess of Prance into accepting the deals on a treaty, since the mare was stubborn and such."

Idris rolled his eyes.

"A rumor spread by the young Vigilate soldiers to fulfill fantasies of their minds. It does not help that Cerulean doesn't dispose the rumors either."

He shook his head.

"In any case, we are sorry that we did not speak to you on such a manner, but we were just not sure of it yet. It seems Shadowfeather will be receiving a full stack of paperwork filled with our reports....and I will worn you, Dalila, Mist, Fas, and Temporal, just like us, are going to remain suspicious of...'Leyline', until she is proven to not be a danger. Everything is permitted, after all."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 11:56 am

Lightning frowned as she dropped the berries into the pan. "She isn't from overseas, as far as I can tell. Is one of the batpony tribes the keepers of the technique? It seems reasonable to me to assume that, considering the close ties the Hurricane family had to the tribes in the past. By the way, are either of you allergic to anything?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 12:13 pm

Idris shook his head.

"I'm not allergic to anything."

Trail nodded.

"Me neither."

Idris continued speaking.

"As far as I can remember, her tribe can be hard to locate sometimes. A form of weather wing such as that would certainly require them to remain away from the prying eyes of others...."

Idris gave a small sigh, but smiled.

"And you remind so much of the history....if I'm right, it was your ancestors that were the first to lift a hoof of friendship to the batponies, instead of calling them heathens and monsters, like the unicorns and earth ponies..."

She shook his head to rid the thoughts.

"History teaches us much about the lessons that repeat themselves consistently...but as I was saying before getting off topic, I don't have any hostilities against the mare joining you and your guards, but I recommend that you keep an eye on her. I will be instructing Mist and Fas to do the same. Of course, since Dalila and Temporal are your trainers, I cannot make them treat her differently, and having them watch for suspicious behavior will only serve to make it harder for equal training."

Before he could continue, Fas popped her head into the room.

"Just a heads up Lightning, Highline just got beaten in his match. Unicorn from Platinum grabbed him and threw him into the ground a couple times on his head before he could use Weather Wing...."

She rubbed the back of her head.

"He's got a bad concussion right now and was bleeding out of his right ear. Red patched up the batpony mare and right now he's helping me with Highline."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 12:38 pm

Lightning snapped her head up and growled. She whipped her head around to Fas and tried her best to soften the scowl on her face. It helped make her look less angry, but it was there. "Tell the troops that if another unicorn attempts that send a strike at their horn, and then fling them through House Platinum's tent. 'No restrictions' is not a license to focus on the head of a non-unicorn. Then tell someone to write a note to House Platinum and warn them if permanent damage is sustained, they will be seeing me on the field."

She smiled and removed the pan from the stove. "I will be out in twenty minutes. If Inferno is up next with House Platinum, tell her to go ahead and launch him into the stands where the Prince is sitting."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 12:45 pm

Fas smirked faintly.

"No prob, love. Not unless Inferno decides to hack the next one up to pieces with her sword. She's polishing that thing to the point that it's getting creepy."

She disappeared back into the tent, where a voice, belonging to Highline spoke.

"No worries M'Lady! It'll take more than a few knocks on the head to break the rocks inside my own!"

Fas grumbled out audibly through the tent flap.

"Highline, shut it. You shouldn't be talking."

Back in the armory tent, Inferno was adjusting her helmet, sighing heavily as she looked at Hailstone.

"I'll admit I'm nervous Hail...that last guy was an ass and a pushover. This next one might be a little harder to beat."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 12:52 pm

Leyline perked up and peered over Hailstone's shoulder. "Oh, that's easy. Just dance around them. They can only grab you if you move predictably. That's how I got so close to my opponent."

Red rolled his eyes and dabbed some healing salve on one of the scrapes on Highline's head. "Miss, to be honest? Inferno needs to start moving behind the line if they have the same idea as the last opponent."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 1:38 pm

Inferno tapped her chin and pouted.

"I guess I can't just blind them and shatter their spines like a glass tube...it's only fair after what they did to Highline."

She shook her head.

"Revenge by fantasizing on how I'll break each and every one of them can wait for later."

She tapped her chin again.

"I guess I could just freeze them down until they lose the energy to move. Maybe even add a few moves with my claymore. I read in some books that a blade serves as a good magic conduit in some known fights."

She glanced out of the tent and saw that they were announcing and lining up the next group of fighters, so Inferno quickly pulled on her sword and scabbard, waved goodbye to her comrades, and went running out, joining the groups. A few of them seemed to shift away from her, and that made Inferno smirk internally as it came out as a lazy smile on her muzzle.

Since she was up, she ran up to the arena and paced onto her position.

"Introducing Inferno of House Hurricane! Let's hope she doesn't shift the weather poles with her next move folks!"

The crowd erupted into cheers, and once they died down, the announcer continued.

"Introducing her opponent, Tone Frequency of House Platinum!"

A stallion unicorn, of course, stood on the opposite end of the arena, his coat an amethyst color with a speckle of copper on his muzzle. His eyes were deep blue and his mane and tail were trimmed short, both colored white.

The announcer spoke.

"Begin!"

The air grew cold as Inferno used her wings to instantly propel to the right, the magical lash that struck the ground where she had stood hitting, just like she predicted.

She kept flapping her wings in an attempt to bring a ring of cold around the arena, the air fogging up as she also used sudden wind currents to move fast and away from his magical purple blasts of magic. The claymore was weighing Inferno down, and she knew that she would have to do something a little crazy in order to bring this stallion down fast.

Inferno didn't notice how the sword gave a small arc of blue magic as she skidded on the rapidly forming ice, the little 'modifications' she made to her metal guard shoes allowing her to practically ice skate across the arena.

The stallion, Tone, was rapidly melting the ice around him as he drew a simple longsword, charging right at Inferno with his horn still melting a path for him to run on.

Inferno stopped hard as she drew her claymore and blocked a strike, both of them struggling to push the other down. Their blades were even sparking as the metal skidded across each other. The stallion didn't look like he was going to take mercy on a mare, since he looked determined to put her down. His horn glowed brighter, and Inferno flapped her wings, hard. A blast of cold wind met them both as Inferno rocketed back with contrails following in her wake, the rush striking the stallion as well.

He looked mildly affected while Inferno skidded on the ice, quickly hovering into the air.

The stallion spoke up through the haze.

"Don't think your tricks can beat me! I've seen how you fight. You get close to me, and I'll simply blast you away. Blight was a foal, but I'm a soldier!"

Inferno yelled back as a smirk crossed her muzzle.

"You gonna talk?! Or are you gonna fight?!"

The moisture she had been gathering on her blade, thanks to the water-blocking polish she had put on her blade, was finally at the needed amount.

She dive-bombed at him at a 30 degree angle, her blade drawn. She couldn't gut him, since even that thought made her feel a little ill, but she was still going to strike him with magic. Dodging a few blasts that singed her tail, and reflected off of her flank armor, she flew past him at a rocketing pace, a swipe of water flying off of the blade and solidifying into a line of ice water struck Tone across the exposed neck and through the breaks in his armor.

A cold front struck him, following in Inferno's wake, and the water froze into ice, his armor now hard to move in and making Tone shiver. He lit his horn to heat the armor, and Inferno took that time to finalize her strike.

She was above the fog, the clouds of condensation swirling around her and condensing into water.

The claymore, held by a wing, was sparking again as the water also sparked a little.

Back near the tents, Fas's eyes glowed as she stood near Red, then gasped as she spoke.

"...There's a large amount of magic gathering behind her....I don't think she even knows what she's doing..."

Inferno gave a triumphant laugh as she dived at a fast speed, the ice on her armor, the cold gusts of wind, and the magical energy following far in her wake making her glide faster. The metal on her claymore seemed to glow as she raised it.

"Have a nice SNOW DAY!"

She pulled up, turning at a 45 degree angle on a bit, as her claymore struck the arena near Tone, who looked on in confusion.

What Inferno had intended to do was form a powerful blast of cold air to knock him off the arena, but instead her released innate magic, following with the water and snow, struck the metal pommel of her claymore's hilt, reacting with the magical bindings of Mist and Axel.

The collision of magic was instantaneous....and explosive.

A massive wall of snow and blizzard clouds, combined with blue lightning, shot from the blade in a circular pattern, blasting in every direction and covering those that didn't react in time with snow. Tone took the brunt of it, being blown from the arena and landing in a pile of snow with his helmet lying almost comically next to him, his longsword lying beside him too.

Inferno was hovering in the air, a brow raised as an icicle hanging from her helmet chipping off from the heat and landing on the ground.

She gave a low whistle and a sheepish smile.

"Um...wow...whoops, didn't mean to hurt anyone..."

The announcer, having thrown up a shield in time, shook off some of the excess snow and seemed to be grinning at the show of power, knowing that the crowd would be excited.

"In hopes she doesn't bring in the next Windigo Age, Inferno of House Hurricane is the winner!"

The crowd went wild as Inferno smiled sheepishly still, landing at the tents, but not before clumsily grabbing her claymore, which had been encased in ice.

"Um...sorry? I REALLY didn't plan on doing that...Just wanted a blast of cold air, not a fuckin' blizzard..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 2:57 pm

Brimstone shrugged. "You did something, alright. I'm just worried about what they'll do now. It's curious that all the preliminary matches are against house Platinum."

Bolt hopped up and smiled. "Don't worry, I'll knock them into the stands since you managed to miss, comerade." He smiled and gave a wink to Dalila, before taking his place among the next round of ponies.

"Those for round seven, take to the field!"

Bolt walked onto the field across from his opponent. The grizzled looking unicorn looked like he was built like a tank, complete with a rough beard and heavy plated armor. Bolt felt a little nervous as he waited for the announcement to start - he was clearly being put up against a veteran while the younger ponies in House Platinum were enjoying easy matches. He found it unfair, and dangerous.

Images of Highline being tossed around like a doll started to creep into his mind and he swallowed hard. His eyes flicked to his opponent's horn before it returned to scoping a plan of action. He needed to make sure he was moving or else-

"Begin!"

Bolt started to move out of fear but he was already in the grip of his opponent. He watched the iron plating come off of the unicorn's armor, forming a strange cocoon around his body. The unicorn chuckled as he crossed the field unburdened. When he was close enough he smiled and said, "I'm gonna squeeze you like a lemon, colt."

The iron plates crashed into his body and began to press him in from all sides. He gasped from getting the wind knocked out of him as he felt it begin to restrict his movement. Every smooth surface pressed into him, forcing his bones inwards into further discomfort. He cried out as one of his back leg bones snapped under the pressure and awkward angle.

Bolt's eyes flicked to the way he was being held.... connected to the stallion by way of the metal plates. As he felt the pressure building on his chest he began to move as rapidly as possible in place, rubbing all the cloth against his body to try and get a static charge going.

"No use in squirming, little one. You'll need a good doctor after this."

Bolt raised an eyebrow, gritting his teeth through the intense pain. "So... will... you..." He forced his innate magic forward into the metal.

The unicorn screamed in pain as electricity coursed through the path of metal plates, straight to his body. His concentration dropped, letting all of the materials drop to the ground with Bolt. As the pegasus lifted himself to his three good hooves, he snapped his wings to attention and began to zip around the grizzled veteran. Speed was no consequence, regardless of the pain - he just needed to build enough speed to send his opponent packing.

The dazed veteran placed up a magic shield in his path, but Bolt avoided it in tight hairpin turns around it. His opponent expanded it so that he couldn't dodge to the sides, so he simply dodged over it, and used his momentum to swing upwards with his wing. The burst of speed and accuracy of his wind strike blew him off of his hooves and sent the unicorn into the air. Some of the spectators scrambled to get out of the way, but the Prince stayed put. Unflinching, his opponent passed through the seat next to the Prince of House Platinum and tumbled into the hallway of the stadium behind it. One of the vendors ran from her stand trying to figure out if he was alright.

Amazingly, the veteran unicorn was dazed, and minorly injured.

"What a shot! No doubt that should make some ponies think twice about unsavory tactics! That was a fair and square knockout - Bolt of House Hurricane wins!"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 3:12 pm

Inferno let out a whoop and jumped on her hooves, yelling out.

"TAKE IT TO HOME FIELD BOLT! WOOOOOO!"

Dalila only raised a brow, but was smiling regardless at the stallion's tactics and speed. She was certainly impressed by his talents so far. He had improved in his speed even.

Fas sighed as she floated over to him and motioned with a hand.

"Come on now Bolt, we need to get your bones healed. That was one hell of a squeeze he put on ya, and I don't think he intended you to stay to a guard after this match."

Meanwhile, Temporal was frowning as she hopped on her hooves, her eyes watching the field as she readjusted her armor and wrapped her chained weapon around her waist.

"Come oooon, get the next set going....I wanna get a little payback too. I'm itching to really stretch my magic."

Once her field cleared so she could get on, she was gone in a flash of white, standing there with a bright smile and waving at the cheering audience.

The announcer spoke at seeing the mare.

"Looks like we get another treat at seeing Temporal of House Hurricane folks! Let's see if not just you, but her opponent can follow her as well!"

The unicorn that Temporal was going against was, as she expected, a veteran-esque unicorn of Platinum with a large shield mounted on his shoulder and few sets of ridged armor plating resting on his forelegs.

The announcer spoke his name, and soon Temporal was actually sure she had a real challenger, both her and the unicorn stallion's horn glowing.

"Begin!"

Temporal tried to scoot, but ran into a colored wall, which resulted in her going the other way, and she was again hit by a wall. Dazed, she was too slow to react to being grabbed and pulled towards the stallion. His shield out, he flung it up, and the round metal plating in the middle struck Temporal right in the head, putting a bleeding gash on her head and knocking her thoughts loose as she was tossed back to her position.

Back in the tents, Fas cursed as she looked up from Bolt's hindleg.

"Fuck, if Temporal can't think, she can't move. She's not the most durable of mares either. She needs her speed."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 3:34 pm

"Then cheer for her, Fas!" Bolt screamed at the top of his lungs in cheer for Temporal. "GET HIM! DODGE, DODGE, DODGE!

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 3:50 pm

Temporal opened her eyes and her horn started to glow, but once again her head met the floor of the arena, then she being brought in for another strike. Before the next strike, her quick thinking made her blast a line of magic onto the stallion's helmet, runes covering it.

The stallion shook his away from the magic as he dropped the unicorn mare.

Fas, looking up again from Bolt's leg, smiled.

"YEAH TEMP! THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!"

Temporal shakily got to her hooves as the stallion's helmet began to rapidly age and rust over, a flash of white appearing and Temporal now holding the helmet in her hooves.

"Time..."

She spoke in a cheery tone as she smiled at the stallion.

"Time is everything enemy!"

She kept the smile even as she crushed the weakened helmet under hooves, drawing some applause as she pulled her weighted chain weapon off of her waist, lazily spinning it.

"Now...time to get serious!"

Faster than he could dodge, the chain magical lengthening chain wrapped around his waist, and Temporal yanked, pulling him into the air, then slamming him down like he did to her.

Much to Inferno's and a few others' shock, four rapid blurs of white and blue, the more solid looking Temporal only flickering, appeared around the stallion, punching his head to the side, then up, then down, then to another side, and the process repeated and picked up in speed until he was flung up into the air again.

Temporal, slamming both her hind-hooves much more clearly into the ground, began to spin, twirling the guard stallion around like a weight tosser. Her body glowed along with the chain, and soon she was spinning in a blur, the wind picking up and a stray cloud above actually moving slowly towards her.

She stopped, slammed him into the arena, only surprisingly lightly, and once he bounced, Temporal pulled a glowing white free forehoof back, punched him forward slightly. A white rune in the shape of a circle with wavy lines appeared. Then, she punched him with her chain wrapped hoof, having untangled her chain from the stallion and leaving him free.

She connected, and it was like the stallion had been hit by a massive gust of wind, his large form sailing across the field in a blue until he slammed into the now empty seats of the arena around the Platinum House members. The chairs crumpled and he rolled up almost a dozen rolls before coming to a complete stop.

He simply lifted his head, vomited onto the ground, then fell unconscious.

Temporal only giggled as she rapidly spun the chained weapon, wrapping it around herself like a sash, giving a cheerful wave, then trotting off the field with a bounce to her steps.

She waved at Lightning and the others.

"That felt great! Oh, you should probably get a large set of food laid out for me, because I'm afraid I just went through my magical reserves for the time-being, and now I'm going to pass out now."

And with that, she fell unconscious, face-down in the dirt.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 3:54 pm

Lightning had just come out from talking with Idris and Trail Mix about an offer of location change when Temporal collapsed. She hauled Temporal up with her hooves and placed her on one of the medical cots.

"Zest? Can you start making something for everypony? I think we need some extra energy ready."

Lightning sighed. "We'll talk more tonight, Idris and Trail. I promise."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 4:05 pm

Idris sighed and nodded.

"We both have to report back to the meetup location anyways. We will be seeing you later."

With that, he and Trail gave a bow, and soon disappeared into the night.

Fas was looking over Temporal, then sighed as she looked at Red.

"I'm really going to need sleep after this..."

It was the evening as Dalila finished with her sword-work and started back towards the castle, her blades glistening in the night sky as she moved inside. It felt strange to see the fields and arena's so empty, the crowd having left for the night and others turning in.

Dalila had hoped to get more training in before sleeping, though now her braids were in disarray and her eyes were a little red from magical stress.

Walking through the areas claimed by House Hurricane, she spotted a stallion she hadn't expected to see.

"Ah, Bolt. Shouldn't you be asleep?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 4:17 pm

Bolt chuckled. "Shouldn't you?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 4:20 pm

Dalila raised a brow as she shuffled the scabbards on her sides.

"Touche, but I am your superior in this match-up, and I am supposed to make sure that my recruits are getting their needed sleep...."

She looked down at his leg and spoke in a tone more reserved, her worry showing a little.

"How's your leg....Fas did have to rush a little in knitting the bone back together..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 5:46 am

Bolt shrugged. "It's alright. I just gotta ease myself back into it. I think the muscles still believe its broken so I'm gonna be limping around the arena until I can set it straight."

He walked over to Dalila, trying his best to walk normally. It was slow, but not painful, until he saddled up alongside her. "Good matches for you too. Sweet magic moves."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 5:53 am

Dalila looked away.

"I trained for years to learn my abilities....it seems that hyperkinesis and hypersensitivity are my abilities..."

She shrugged.

"A curse as much as an ability. I can hear things and see things great distances and in finer detail. Though I can do things such as dodge mid-flight and predict the paths of projectiles within half a second, along with giving me an unrivaled sense of balance. If you were to throw a rock down the hallway, I could guess where it's going to land, how fast it's going, and if it'll bounce and roll or not."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 6:12 am

Bolt seemed enamoured by the idea. "Whoa. Really? That sounds like a blessing as a fighter! Close combat - nopony could blink without you hearing it. Archers? No problem. You're like a one pony army! I mean, the best that I can do is to replicate your technique with air pressure." He blushed slightly and gave a little smile.

They walked on a little bit further before he continued. "I am upset that none of those other ponies are willing to give you the time of day cause of your stripes. I just feel like I want to clock them across the arena for that."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 6:26 am

Dalila seemed to smile faintly as that.

"It is because they refuse to forget about the past, of how the earth ponies, unicorns, and pegasi used to treat us. You would think that it was us that would hold a grudge and hold the past close, but we chose to let it go....it's just not our way."

She shook her head.

"My...occupation had granted me the access to see what happened in the past...we were 'indentured servants', as the unicorns politely put it, 'helpers' to the earth ponies. Pegasi....well, zebras could not walk on clouds, so we didn't have much use to them."

She shrugged.

"An era long gone, but opinions can last throughout time if taught to the young."

She gave a wry smile.

"And I suppose that applies with guards as well. I was not just a mare...but a striped mare. I was twice different than Hailstone, Inferno, and the others. I do find it rather funny that most of the veterans actually accepted me as a fellow soldier, while the rest were mixed with how much dislike there was."

She shrugged again.

"If you were to ask me...I don't very much care about who dislikes me and how much. I know I am a warrior, despite their opinions, and there is nothing they can do."

She glanced at Bolt.

"Though...I'm sure 'General' Five Star would make the most interesting stallion to discuss such a thing with. I would be willing to wait to see how long it would take until he ran out of steam behind his argument."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 7:23 am

Bolt laughed and had to stop moving so he wouldn't fall over. "Five Star? What an idiot. He couldn't give you enough reasons to make any smoke, let alone enough fire to boil water." He slowed his laughter and started walking again. "He's a bump on a log with an airhorn attached. All talk and volume, with no bite."

He shuffled from side to side as they hopped down the hallway. "Anyway... after the tournament, would you like to grab a drink? My treat."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   16/12/2013, 7:38 am

Dalila seemed to slow down as she considered the notion.

"...I suppose there would be nothing wrong with a drink...though I wouldn't be able to enjoy it too much."

She gave a wry smile.

"Just like Fas, Temporal, Mist, and I, we tend to metabolize our alcohol rather fast..."

She smirked.

"Though I shouldn't be too quick to think such a thing would be occurring. A friendly drink with a recruit..."

She shrugged.

"Then again, I expect that our Lady may be taking us out to a nice dinner for succeeding so far into the tournament."

The zebra slowed in her and ran a hoof under each ear, sighing as she spoke again.

"I...accept your offer though."

She looked over and smiled at the stallion.

"One of the reasons being that it takes more confidence than you think to ask your own superior officer out for a drink."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony V
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next