Share | 

The Lights of Harmony V

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   24/1/2014, 8:34 am

As it turned out, it was missed. "Fillies and Gentlecolts! That marks the end of the pairs placements! What a show! For the next hour, we will be on a break. Please make your way to the Sweet Apple Apple Chips stand at the fairgrounds below."

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   24/1/2014, 12:20 pm

Dalila gave a small growl, then sighed as she a shifted her stance, her stripes seeming to grow sharp and glow yellow before going back to normal.

She wiped off some of the excess blue paste near her eyes before looking back at Lightning and Fas, a hoof going up to adjust the skeleton scabbards holding her blades.

"We can achieve victory without resorting to bending the rules....but I suppose that won't stop some of the soldiers from feeling rather 'angry'..."

"Dalila?"

Said zebra turned, spotting Idris at the entrance of the tent. He was currently carrying a rather large casing on his back. His legs glowed a faint blue while the stripes on them seemed to flicker like actual flames, a sign that he was using magic to help support the weight he was carrying.

Dalila spoke up, curiosity in her voice.

"Idris? What is it?"

He gestured at the package with his head.

"Something...."

He looked over at Lightning and Fas before speaking.

"...Something that we have been developing...it is something that we want Temporal to test when she is up to fight against House Platinum..."

Dalila tilted her head before speaking.

"Okay?....Hm, well..."

She looked at Lightning and spoke calmly.

"Lightning? I suppose that, as our 'employer', Idris will have to speak to not only Temporal and I, but you as well about this particular 'experiment. That sound alright?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   26/1/2014, 5:27 am

Lightning nodded and motioned for them to follow her. Through the back of the tent, she entered the bottom floor of the stadium and lead them to the sitting room. Zest was still hard at work making full plates of food for the hungry guards in the weight room next door. She gave a quick nod over to Lightning, bobbing her head to whatever she was listening to on her headphones.

"Zest? Can you make something for the three of us?"

She nodded and threw another pot onto the other burner.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   26/1/2014, 5:57 am

Dalila sat down on bench, as did Idris, who shucked the heavy bag on his back onto the ground and set it upright.

He waited for Lightning to take a seat as well before speaking.

"What I am asking is something very important, and I need to have your permission in order for this to be a 'go ahead', since it has the possibility of leading to serious injury to Temporal. That is why she was chosen though, since her time manipulation means she has the ability to dispose of this experiment before it can cause harm to anyone."

He unzipped the bag, pulling it away and revealing something that made Dalila's eyes widen.

It was a set of dark, lightly blue-tinted, segmented armor that looked as though it would on a pony's front legs up to their shoulders and over their withers, the armor even capable of covering their hooves. It bore multiple markings and symbols, a set of glowing cylinders on the shoulders that looked as they they could spin on some sort of mounting.

On the section that covered the fetlock of the legs was a square box with a large opening that pointed towards the floor. It was decorated in an ornamental manner. There was even one on each leg of the strange set of armor.

Dalila's eyes were drawn to the cylinders, one on each shoulder. They all had a glass covering on each slot, each one glowing a different color, from blue to red, to even a bright white and yellow and, oddly enough, a black and grey. Multiple colors, and Dalila could not figure out what they would do.

Her eyes noticed that, no matter how decorated it was, there was a 'Ψ' symbol on the boxes with the openings, the symbol visible on the steel in an onyx color.

She spoke to Idris, her voice above a whisper.

"...this is Project Psi, isn't it?"

She sighed hard.

"...I thought we stopped making alicorn weapons a long time ago, especially after that accursed Aether Rifle was decommissioned"

Idris shook his head.

"Word of the Nightmare is still very prevalent. We need Temporal to test this in the field, and if my guesses are correct, her opponent will be a very powerful Platinum mage, a bodyguard for the head of the family himself."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   26/1/2014, 6:18 am

Lightning looked very hard at the armor. Her lips pursed together into a slight frown and she closed her eyes. After a deep breath, she looked back at the other two.

"No, Idris." Lightning quickly put up a hoof to stop any protests. "Let me explain why. First, any submissions on weapons have to be checked by the judges. Alicorn Amulets will disqualify a pony - I couldn't imagine this could pass if its even on par with that. Second, testing something in the field is different than using a sparring match as a guniea pig for something designed to fight things far more powerful than normal mages. Lastly, whatever was released in the Everfree should be the prime target this should be used for. I would be happy to go out there with you and this weapon after these 'games', but I cannot risk the integrity of the Hurricane name or the safety of the opponent, no matter how much he may hate everything I am."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   26/1/2014, 6:31 am

((the armor Temporal is supposed to use in the fight is NOT Psi, just a standard version of armor with a few magical abilities. All of the power will come from Temporal. It's also been approved already))

Idris frowned.

"...It seems you made your choice, though the scientists will be rather upset at the prospect of a test being turned down. Then again, I told Split Atom that such a weapon was not to be used."

The old zebra gave a small sigh as she began to cover the armor again.

"Unfortunately....it was demanded that Temporal was to test the weapon, though the weapon she is given is this armor, only a failed version of it. It is Project Omicron...the Project I supervised."

He lifted a hoof.

"Before you speak angrily of me, take note: The armor she is going to use is not like the one I hold now. Omicron was a failure, but because it did not carry the powered capabilities of Psi. This armor I hold is merely a upgraded version. The armor that Temporal is going to utilize is what we plan on giving our more elite troops and captains."

Idris looked Lightning square in the eye.

"Trust me when I say that I voted against having her use the armor....but I suppose we should be thankful that it is merely steel with a few enchantments on it, not this 'alicorn killer' that I have with me. Same appearances...but Omicron is much, much weaker."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   26/1/2014, 7:16 am

Lightning leaned into the couch she was sitting on and kept her facial features neutral. "Idris, I want to be clear that I do not approve of the test here in this setting. But now you have me confused. You are having her put on armor like this one, except enchanted with some spells instead? That sounds very dangerously like your superiors are saying 'thanks for your opinion, but we're doing the test anyway'. Unless you're asking me permission to use the armor you designed instead? If that's the case, I appreciate having the free will to say that so long as it passes inspection, that's quite alright."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   26/1/2014, 7:26 am

Idris sighed.

"I suppose I did not word it right...."

He took a breath before speaking.

"The Vigilate hate to waste potential, and even though Omicron was a failure, since it did not meet our needed standards for power, like Psi has, we plan on instead testing Omicron to see if it has practical use in combat for more powerful ponies. Temporal, though some question her...'psychological' capability and stability, is a prime candidate for this test. She carries the potential to utilize Omicron."

She leaned back on his seat.

"In short, think of the armor she is using as a more...'watered down' version of Psi. Much less powerful, but still powerful....we have ran it through with judges already, and it met requirements."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   26/1/2014, 7:54 am

Lightning nodded, satisfied with the answer. She visibly relaxed. "Alright. Then that's fine. I really do appreciate you coming to me first, Idris. It's why I trust you."

Zest set three noodle dishes she whipped up for them. "Here you are. Just holler if you need anything. These are soba noodles, fried in a teriyaki sauce with strips of grilled hay."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   26/1/2014, 8:04 am

Dalila seemed to smile as she grabbed the bowl with the yellow 'fingers' that her magic was capable of making, holding the bowl as she spoke.

"I am happy as well...Idris..."

The older zebra smiled faintly.

"Thank you...."

He grabbed a bowl and dug in himself, though after a few bites, he hummed and set the bowl down.

"I had wanted to bring this up and to your attention Lightning, since you'd probably find it useful to know...the reason we chose Temporal wasn't just because of her time magic...but because she carries a lot of power and potential."

He looked back over at the entrance-way before continuing.

"Temporal has always been an interest to some ponies. Despite her controlled nature and 'ditzy' personality, she carries some of the highest magical potential than most of our captains."

He smiled.

"You have to be powerful if your magical talent is 'time manipulation'..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   2/2/2014, 9:50 am

Lightning nodded. "Of course. I've never seen anypony like that before. I hope she sticks around." She gave a little laugh and sighed, returning to her meal.

----

Brimstone winced in pain, trying his hardest not to look away from the match he was watching. There was a serious amount of silence coming from the crowds above. To be honest, he couldn't blame them. Hailstone was receiving the beating of her life.

The large mare was flung across the field like a beach ball, landing with a solid crunch of plate mail and her weapons banging against her sides. Her opponent was a huge stallion played in similar armor, but with years of experience on her. He wasn't quick by any means - he could hardly move at an expected pace for a soldier, but his skill using his armor to deflect weapons was absorbing blows that should have been wearing him down.

But for her part, she was taking the serious shots like a mare possessed. Once again she rose to her hooves, shouldering her dented and battered shield. As much as she was trying to hide it, she was not moving as fast as when she started. She was sluggish, tired, but determined to win. Her spear rose to a readied position against the earth pony as she stomped the ground in challenge.

Brimstone swallowed. How could she possibly keep asking for more? Wasn't she concerned about her safety?

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   2/2/2014, 10:55 am

Fas was anxiously tapping her claws on the ground as she watched the match with trepidation.

"She's going against an opponent that is not only as big, but has a good defensive strategy. Unless she can find a way around that defense...I don't know if she'd be able to beat him."

She shook her head.

"Nothing's worse than a tank that knows how to defend itself not just with its large form, with the armor it was given."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   2/2/2014, 11:29 am

Brimstone gritted his teeth and resisted shooting Fas a glare. Taking out his frustration on Fas wouldn't help Hailstone win her matches. Another loud crash signaled the pegasus hitting the ground. Her opponent walked towards her, finally unsheathing his weapon. The nasty curved blade gleamed in the sunlight as he made his way towards her.

Once he was close enough, he raised the blade, and brought it down. Hailstone snapped to the side, wrapping her plated wing around it. The shield came up next, knocking off his helmet. The final blow was the sharp end of her spear pressing against his neck.

He smiled and closed his eyes. "Ah... I see." The earth pony dropped his sword. "Well played. Although taking those hits was unwise."

"Hailstone of House Hurricane is the victor!" A huge cry came from the crowds above as Hailstone lowered the spear, tucking it neatly under her wing.

Brimstone walked over to Fas and whispered, "Check her over, but we can't heal her until she qualifies for quarter finals."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   2/2/2014, 11:35 am

Fas gave a sigh at that before taking flight, landing beside Hailstone and leading her to the tent.

"An excellent fight...but with what the stallion said, try to take less hits. No point in wearing yourself down before another fight..."

She helped the pegasus out of her armor before running her claws over the pegasus's form, finding a few bruises and scrapes from the armor, and despite the injuries, Hailstone looked as though she was still in good enough shape to fight.

Fas gave a sigh as she mulled over the results of Hailstone's wings.

"From what I'm reading on your wings, try to avoid taking any direct hits. The magic is slowly starting to build back up again in the wrong places, so until I can heal you, that magic will grow to be a problem."

She ran a hand through her feathers to fix them before going back to looking over the large pegasus.

"If you avoid using your wings as shields for now, the magic buildup won't be a problem until much later in the day, and if you were able to go so far with this kind of buildup before we found out about it, then it shouldn't hinder you too much."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   2/2/2014, 1:22 pm

Hailstone nodded. She walked out to the back room and passed into the locker room. One of the schedule ponies popped his head into the tent. "Dalila is in the round after this one. Hailstone's second match is a buy so she is finished for the weapons placement."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   2/2/2014, 1:39 pm

Fas gave a curt nod as she looked back at another entrance, seeing Dalila walk in with Lightning.

She couldn't help but notice that Idris walked past them in the background, moving towards the armory with a large bag on his back.

"So what'd he want?"

Dalila looked Fas straight in the eye.

"Something...important. Be prepared for possible massive trauma, in case something happens."

Fas raised a brow, and before she could question, Dalila walked away.

"I'm going to go tell Temp' something. Know where she went?"

Fas felt her irritation rise, but sighed and spoke.

"I don't know. Call her out and you'll probably get a response."

The zebra mare nodded and left the tent.

Fas looked back at Lightning.

"What's going on?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   2/2/2014, 2:18 pm

Lightning shrugged. "Increasing our armory a little bit. A present for Temp." She crossed the tent and muzzled her gently. "What did I miss? How were our matches so far?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   2/2/2014, 2:25 pm

Fas sighed a little as she looked over at the other side of the tent.

"They've been going pretty well so far...Hailstone's running risk though with magic backup on her wings....but she managed to beat a stallion that was built like an armored tank, taking a good few hits in the process."

She shrugged.

"Until she gets to the quarter finals....I can't really do anything."

She tilted her head and looked up at the tent, narrowing her eyes a little.

"With everything's that's going on, I'm starting to lose track of the matches. Know who's fighting next?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   2/2/2014, 2:59 pm

"None of ours. The round afterwards has Dalila. Then if she wins, she's up again for a qualifying match. I honestly think she really has some 'poor luck' in the ranking."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   2/2/2014, 3:10 pm

Fas went over to a chart, trailing a claw up updated chart towards Dalila's match.

She gave a sigh.

"She's going up against a weapons specialist from the Royal Guard. His name's Clashing Steel if I'm right."

She scratched the back of her head with a talon.

"Not really a bad match-up though....from what I remember, he's supposed to be a pretty honorable stallion that's served in the Guard for a few years. Made a name for himself when he and a few others took down a group of bandits that were attacking trains near the Equestria/Crystal Kingdom border."

She looked back at Lightning.

"Dalila's certainly going to have a her work cut out for her in this match."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   2/2/2014, 3:32 pm

"It certainly sounds like it," Lightning added. She looked across the field at the Platinum tent with worry. They were playing fair now... but for how long? Tip hoofing the line was their limit for right now, but could it get worse? She supposed that was going to happen, but she just hadn't readied herself for how she would deal with it yet. She hoped she wouldn't have to.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   2/2/2014, 3:54 pm

As the match that they weren't taking part of commenced, Trail finally made her appearance again at the tent, having gotten done whispering something to Idris outside the entrance before nodding with the zebra and entering.

Idris carried a small troubled expression as he disappeared into a corridor, Trail sighing faintly before going to Lightning, frowning.

"Not really happy to be saying this, but a scientist from the guild in Canterlot is here. He was the one of the main developers for Omicon and is now in charge of the group that's hoping to utilize it for troop use."

Her expression became deadpanned.

"The amoral dumbass wants you to order Temporal fight until she can't go on any farther...despite the health risks...keep in mind that he isn't using the Council or other developers as supporters...so feel free to tell me to tell him he can put his own life at stake instead of that of a soldier's."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   3/2/2014, 1:00 am

Lightning looked over at Trail Mix. "Tell him that I will give no such order, and if he suggests it again, I will rub raw meat all over him and drop him at the gates of Tartarus. Cerberus needs a new chew toy, I think." She gave a polite smile and turned back to the last pair duking it out for a spot in the quarter finals.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   3/2/2014, 4:49 am

Trail gave a faint smirk and a small salute.

"Will do..."

She turned and calmly, yet quickly, trotted out of the tent and passed by Inferno, who had gone to get some food from Zest before returning.

She smiled at Lightning.

"Hello M'Lady. I hope everything's going alright?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   3/2/2014, 9:34 am

Lightning resisted a wince as one of the ponies in the last match was slammed into the ground. "Yes, Inferno. So far, so good." She turned and peered over the weapons rack. "Dalila! You're up next!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony V
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next