HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Lights of Harmony V

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   24/12/2013, 11:16 am

Signal gave a small sigh of relief before saluting with Whip, who had nodded at Lightning in understanding, then both turned and made their way back to Hurricane's tents.

Once they were out of ear shot, Whip sighed hopelessly while Signal patted him on the back with a wing.

"We made the right choice Whip...just go see Ms. Negus about that cream, then we can get something to eat and cheer on our fellow soldiers."

The smaller stallion simply nodded, not making eye contact with Signal, and turned to head towards the armor tent in order to find Mist while Signal made his own way towards the main tent and passing by Inferno and Brimstone.

He stopped and spoke to Brimstone.

"We've done it...I guess I'll leave Whip to himself, since he probably wants it. And also, we're not angry with each other, despite what you probably heard....we've had moments like this before."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   24/12/2013, 1:32 pm

Brimstone patted him on the shoulder. "That means on the singles you will have to do double for him. He trusts in you. So do we."

He gave a nod before trotting over to Null. "Let me help you with that, Null."

She nodded and wriggled around in her light armor.

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   24/12/2013, 1:51 pm

Inferno gave a small sigh from the entrance of the tent, moving to sit down in a chair while pulling out a rag to polish her claymore some more.

She looked over at Brimstone and Null before speaking.

"This competition's getting rough already....at Least High Line's doing well. A concussion, but still well."

She shrugged from where she sat.

"I guess we should keep our guard up more? Because I have the feeling that something bad's going to happen."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   27/12/2013, 8:00 am

Null shrugged as best as she could in the position she was in, being restricted by Brimstone tugging on her ties. Her eyes seemed to bulge out of their sockets. It was an uncomfortable feeling - not all too different than being dragged into a tight hug, or hanging from the waist by the rope on an obstacle course. She thought after so many failures in scaling the wall during boot camp, she'd be used to the feeling, but... apparently her body hadn't gotten the memo.

"Not so tight, Brimstone. Jeez, do you want me to be unable to breathe?" Null asked weakly.

Brimstone snorted. "And have it come flying off you? No chance. Not with your sister being hurt." Null scowled. He bopped her on the head and frowned. "Save it for the next opponent. Don't let her get hit like that again."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   27/12/2013, 8:37 am

Inferno snorted, which turned into a laugh as she sheathed her claymore, setting it against the tent wall.

"Have I ever mentioned how much I love this battalion of misfits? I bet things wouldn't be as fun over at the Royal Guard tent."

She chuckled a little more as she shuffled in her armor again.

"I think I'm gonna go and see Mist, see if I can get my sword looked at. Not really in the mood for another Ice Age..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   27/12/2013, 9:40 am

Brimstone grabbed hold of another strap in his teeth. "'Oo go do dat," he said as he gave another tug. Null gasped for air as he let go of the strap. A slight scowl adorned her face, but he prodded her in the side before she could say anything. "Don't complain unless you want your ribs to be broken instead."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   27/12/2013, 10:27 am

Inferno was smirking as she made her way into the armory area, but her brow furrowed as she pushed the flap aside after seeing a red and blue glow from underneath.

Mist sat in the middle of the tent's floor, two metal boxes with blades sticking out of them. Her magic was surrounding them alongside Temporal's, who was sitting opposite from Mist. Their magic was mingling as symbols appeared on the boxes, which then went away as Mist opened an eye and smiled faintly.

"Sorry Inferno, just hold on a moment and we'll be right with you."

The glowing slowly faded, and Mist sighed as she and Temporal stood, the blue unicorn moving to leave the tent while Mist spoke, setting the bladed boxes in a small box.

"Just enchanting a special tool for Temporal...the dear wants to bring them into fighting, and generally wants to keep them secret. Only Idris knows....I expect you to keep quiet as well?"

Inferno gave a sheepish smile and nodded.

"Yeah yeah....um..."

She cleared her throat and spoke up.

"I just want you to look at my sword. After that blizzard I did...I wanna avoid having it happen again...uncontrollably."

She gave a wide smirk, and Mist only smiled back.

"Of course, let's take a look now...."

Meanwhile, Idris nodded at a cloak pegasus, who immediately took off and disappeared around a ledge near the tower closest to the Night Guard camp.

'Hmm....it seems a few ponies have been walking around....but none of them doing anything...'

He gave a small sigh and continued on, turning to walk down another hallway.

His eyes landed on a unicorn stallion, who stood tall and disciplined as he led a member of Platinum House down the same hall. Idris, though he knew that nothing good will come of it, still gave a small bow of his head and greeting as he passed the two unicorns, disappearing around a corner.

A few moments later, a shadow crawled along the ceiling, blending in perfectly with the darkness as it followed the two unicorns. A shadowed head leaned out of the shadow, its glowing blue eyes tracing the two before receding back into the shadow.

Idris followed them, shifting around in the shadow and finding places to blend in as he followed the two.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   27/12/2013, 10:36 pm

Void winced as she tightened the quiver around her back, now full with more of those mundane shocking arrows. Her breaths were a bit shallow for a moment, but as the fire subsided on her rib, she found that it was easy to move once again. Since she'd been healing in the back, she was still clueless to what had happened in the last match, and if she was going to fight Whip and Signal in their next match.

She grimaced. Whippoorwill and Signal Flare may have been practicing together, but after a month of practicing at the Hurricane household, she found that they wouldn't pose much of a challenge. They were weak if they ever got into an individual situation. It would be simple enough to do - press their buttons one at a time, and knock them out in turn.

She passed through the tent flap in the middle of Lightning's rant.

"-this is absurd! They only withdrew from the tournament because somepony made them. Platinum has been gunning for my troops this whole time, and putting them against the reigning champions now is a deliberate and spiteful attempt to knock us out of the tournament!"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   28/12/2013, 6:41 am

Fas gave a hard sigh, along with Dalila. They had both come to join Lightning to make sure that she didn't do anything rash, and right now, chewing out the scheduler wasn't going to help their case, though Fas was pretty close to doing the same.

Dalila spoke up.

"Please Lightning....losing your cool is not going to help. Unless you want to walk over to the Puddighat tents and demand that the team fights, then there is nothing that can be done. It won't work to have Whippoorwill and Signal Flare fighting either, since those two are running the risk of being serious hurt."

Fas nodded.

"All it takes is one good hit, and that fracture I fixed will not only break, but put shrapnel into his head. Whip....well, Whip's wings are useless now."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   31/12/2013, 5:08 am

Lightning scowled. Of course Fas was right. There was no use beleaguering the point - injuries were injuries, and there was no point in making them worse by forcing ponies to fight. Plus, she already knew going into this, that she would be targeted from day one.

"Fine. Go report."

The stallion delivering the schedule zipped out of the tent.

She turned and stared at Void. "With me, the two of you. We need to have a chat before you go out there." Lightning disappeared into the back, with a very spooked Null and Void close behind her. The door closed and Brimstone let out his held breath.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   31/12/2013, 6:28 am

Fas sighed as well, running a hand through the feathers on her head and straightening a few of them out.

"Why can't things ever be simple in this damn tournament...."

Dalila spoke next.

"It is possible that Platinum wants to make an example out of Null and Void....but I wouldn't worry too much...after all, if memory serves right, the reigning champions usually base themselves around magic, something that Null and Void have an advantage against. I'm more worried about endurance, since those two are only lightning bruisers...."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   1/1/2014, 4:17 am

Brimstone shook his head. "I watched their competition when I was a colt. Those two tiphoof the line when it comes to rules. They hit hard."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   1/1/2014, 5:51 am

Fas threw her arms in the air, sighing loudly.

"Great, just great. And I bet Platinum paid off the announcers to look the other way during this match up so those two could simply beat the shit out of Null and Void. If I see rules violated and nothing done, I'm going out there and smacking sense into the announcer."

Dalila spoke up next.

"Calm down Fas, there's no point in getting upset.....Null and Void are small, but fast, and they work very well with each other. I myself was pretty surprised at how they've been doing. They're performance has been exceeding expectations so far...."

Fas sighed through a gritted beak as she spoke again.

"Still, if I have to knit Null and Void back together with Red, maybe pull one of them from the brink of a coma, I can't be held responsible for what I'll do....."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   2/1/2014, 1:41 am

Brimstone smiled. "I'm sure they'll be just find. There's more going on than they let on. As long as I've known them, they've been through more than you could imagine."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   2/1/2014, 7:18 am

Fas sighed.

"I guess you're right....still won't stop me from putting a foot in someone's ass..."

She looked around in the tent before turning and making her way out.

"I'm going to check up on Signal Flare and make sure he's not suffering any other effects, same with Highline."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   2/1/2014, 8:12 am

"Sure," Brimstone said, wandering over to the weapons rack.

----

Void did not like the look on their opponent's faces. Staring back at them from across the field, they seemed like they were in an eternal bad day. The one on the right - announced as Silver Sheen, was in some pretty serious looking armor, complete with studs of metal and crystal. His partner Light Bind was already glowing with spells and enchantments. She wasn't necessarily concerned with that, but the ease of which he was casting them was bad news. What if he was using enchantments to make mundane effects? Fire or explosions would be a serious problem if they landed near her.

"Their opponents are the up and coming team from House Hurricane! The twins who make it seem like they are one mind in two bodies - Null and Void!"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   2/1/2014, 8:46 am

Inferno was nervously tapping a hoof on the ground as she watched the match being announced, a few hairs on her neck even starting to stand on end.

"I barely know a thing about 'feeling' magic and already I can tell that those two are bad news in the worst way. My wings even feel like they're tingling."

She flapped her wings to push the point before folding them back into their original resting position.

Dalila gave a small sigh as she finished putting more of Feral's blue paste around her muzzle and ears, putting the jar into a small pouch in her armor before walking over to Inferno.

"You should be a little more confident in Null and Void. Remember that all those enchantments can be broken through by them. Their biggest threat is physical hits and indirect magical blasts. Silver Sheen and Light Bind can put as much of a show with their magic as they want, but a majority of offensive spells are useless against our pegasus sisters up there."

Inferno mulled it over before nodding, then raised a brow at Dalila.

"What's with the paste? Got nasal problems?"

Dalila shook her head.

"I suppose you never got told...The amount of magic those two stallions are putting in the air is burning my nose, and I can hear a faint screeching in my ears from the magical friction in the air....but I suppose that reveals how much magic there is in the air, and if Null and Void were to use weather wing....the effects would be amplified, if they knew how to gather pure magical energy."

Inferno raised a brow before shrugging, a smirk forming.

"No offense, but you sure know a lot about magic, and zebras never struck me as the type to know a lot about unicorn magic."

Dalila gave a faint smile in return.

"I studied....and thanks to that, I know many forms of magic, and the intimate workings of that magic....but right now, I'm hoping that Null and Void learn a little about magic too in this fight, for it might just keep them from being beaten into the arena floor."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   5/1/2014, 4:04 am

"Begin!"

Null's hooves lifted gently from the ground as she zipped forward at a sprint. A small tingle in the base of her wings spread like wildfire to every edge of her feathers. The wind beneath her began to turn in her favor, building up like a can of water being boiled until it popped. When she released the wind, it was as though she was thrown forward by a tornado. Zooming across the field, she slammed her hoof into the chest of the bruiser in plate armor.

Her eyes met his, a look of stern determination across her face. His eyes widened in surprise as his enchantments failed to hold his armor from the damage of the strike. Her hoof cracked the steel plate, all while denting it inwards. All of her momentum transferred through to him as he lifted from the ground and sailed out of bounds.

The hail of arrows however, was not what she was expecting. They peppered her from his partner shocking different parts of her body, and dropping her to the ground, unconconcious. Not for nothing, Void had shot four of the arrows out of the air with her own, but his skill with a bow was years beyond hers. She was not going to do well in this match if Null wouldn't get up. When she didn't, she was struck by the awful realization that she was on her own for this one.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   5/1/2014, 6:59 am

Inferno, who was watching the match, let out a loud and enthusiastic 'WOOOOO!' as she grinned.

"Come on Void! You can do it! You're a Storm Hammer Void!"

Dalila allowed a control grin, but on the inside she was ecstatic at the quick and merciless first strike. This only showed what happened when you aren't prepared for everything on the battlefield, and the first stallion to go had not expected Null to be a fast striker.

But even with the confidence in Void, she was also worried about how Void can fight alone. This match was going to be a test....and she was confident that Void would pass it, but if she failed...she would face a painful defeat.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   5/1/2014, 1:40 pm

Void leaped to the side, firing arrow after arrow from her quiver to deflect her opponent's arrows, all while keeping a few for flying past his head. It didn't help to try to divert their flightpath with weather wing - his magical grip still functioned before it got close to her and his magic was much stronger than her training. An arrow zipped by her head as she rolled to her hooves and fired again, with little effect.

The tactic she was using was not helping, except to waste the number of arrows in their respective quivers.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   5/1/2014, 1:50 pm

Dalila's smirk turned grim as she spoke.

"They're wasting arrows....if this goes into close quarter combat, Void will have a disadvantage in size and strength. Even if the unicorn can't grip her with his magic, he is still stronger and bigger."

Inferno looked at Dalila before back at Void, her cheering stopped....

...for the moment.

She yelled back at the field.

"Come on Void! Show Platinum that we're not fucking around! You can beat him comrade!"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   8/1/2014, 10:54 am

Void barely dodged another shot, flipping into the air and spinning to pass over the arrows, before she could get hit by their trajectory. She did notice that the stakes were increasing, however. The shots that grazed by her were now coated in a sharp layer of ice. She scowled as she landed and began to sprint towards her opponent. Those extra pieces wouldn't last long in the summer heat - preciscly what he probably expected.

Suddenly, she built up the air behind her and blasted it against her back. She flew across the field, directly at her opponent. The move seemed to startle him enough to put up a wall of sharp ice in front of him as a dangerous shield. Instead of being impaled, however, she stopped short, and flicked herself over the wall. Her hooves slammed the last arrows into the sides of his neck, dropping him to the ground.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   8/1/2014, 11:13 am

Inferno gave a wince and put a hoof up at the sight of the stallion receiving the arrows, then falling out cold.

She still smirked as she spoke.

"Ouch, looks like he just got the wrong end of the stick. Those shock arrows hurt at just one....but yikes, multiple ones?"

She looked over at Dalila as she spoke, but saw the Zebra carrying a hardened glare, turning to leave.

"Ma'am?"

Dalila looked back.

"Void's opponent coated his arrowheads with ice. I'm speaking with Lightning before she blows up at the officials."

Inferno pursed her lips as the zebra disappeared into the tent, the fiery pegasus looking up at Brimstone.

"Guess I missed that part...."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   8/1/2014, 11:15 am

Brimstone shrugged. "Void has her ways of winning. She always does."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   8/1/2014, 11:28 am

Inferno smiled at that.

"Never go against twins, that's what I always say. This only proved it."

Meanwhile, Fas gave a hard sigh as Dalila walked in, speaking.

"You saw and sensed the magic too?"

Dalila nodded as she glanced at Lightning, then back at Fas, speaking.

"It wasn't hard to miss, even with my senses dulled by this paste. Ice magic too. What he did was illegal....

She looked at Lightning, giving a reluctant look.

"...but I wouldn't be surprised if it was dismissed. How it wasn't called already probably proves that. We won't be able to gather anything with this heat. The ice and magic is probably dissipated already."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony V
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next