The Lights of Harmony V

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: The Lights of Harmony V   12/12/2013, 7:10 am

Hailstone shrugged. "If I am not careful, I will lose them."

Zest dropped the spatula flinging some hot slices of apples flying across the room and landing on Bolt, who had turned to stare at her. Brimstone who had a towel around his neck was standing at the door and his smile turned to a troubled look and a frown.

"Are you serious?" Zest said, pulling out a clean spatula from the drawer. Hailstone nodded.

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   12/12/2013, 7:14 am

Inferno was gaping at Hail, her sword falling to the floor as she stood and leaned onto the hot tub, looking at the large pegasus with stunned eyes.

"Losing your wings?.....But, Hail, you're a comrade in flight for us...how're you going to be a Storm Hammer without any fucking wings?!"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   12/12/2013, 9:37 am

Hailstone met her gaze with a warm and apologetic look. "The first day that we trained, I mentioned that the injuries on my wings prevented good control of weather wing. What I didn't say was that I knew the severity." She stretched one of her wings up. "The most severe injury is on this wing. Until Fas fixed it, only half of my wing had natural magic. I broke this when I fell down a hill on my farm. The wheelbarrow didn't unlatch properly and I broke the wing pretty badly."

Brimstone crossed the room and sunk into the hot tub next to Hail. "Inferno. If you had paid attention you would have noticed there was a problem. Have you ever seen Hailstone fly for more than a few seconds? Even in boot camp?"

Hailstone averted her gaze. "Brim," she said softly. Bolt found it odd that she used his nickname. He turned away thinking his fellow guard had stepped on a landmine.

"I'm gonna go practice in the other room," Bolt said finally, trotting quickly out the door.
Zest had shut off the stove and was carrying the food beside her. "I left some for the three of you. If you want more, I'm bringing it to our dining tent." She too left through the door to the hallway. Before the door closed Hail heard her offering it to Princess Celestia's on duty guards for their hall.

Hailstone waited a moment before speaking. "I dropped out of the main tournament. At Fas and her Zebra friend... Idris, I think was his name. They found that a medical wavier would not drop us out of the tournament. Especially since the weapon only tournament still makes me count as our sixteenth. Prince Platinum protested, but they wrote the medical wavier rule... Needless to say everyone but him got a good laugh out of that."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   12/12/2013, 9:58 am

Inferno gave a sharp sigh as she simply laid limp on the edge of the hot tub, a foreleg swirling lazily in the water before she spoke.

"I guess I should've been more observant....but back in boot camp, I was mainly there to put a boot up society standard's ass. Of course, now 'troublemaker' is written into my service record, but I don't care about that..."

She sighed, flapped her wings, then unceremoniously dropped herself into the hot water, laying back and staring up at the ceiling.

She spoke quietly to her large pegasus friend.

"I'm sorry for not paying attention....I guess I just thought a big and powerful mare like you would be our wall. An unwavering force...."

She glanced over at Hail.

"At least you left the main tournament...I don't think I'd be able to stop bawling if you lost your wings..."

She leaned up and tilted her head.

"Is there a way to help your wings? Get them better?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   12/12/2013, 1:29 pm

"I am lucky that Red is a surgeon." Hail looked down at the water.

Brimstone looked taken aback. "Whoa, wait... surgery? Is it that serious?"

"Its a several hundred thousand bit surgery. So long as Lightning pays for the use of equipment - far, far cheaper, then Red will do the surgery as part of his pay."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   12/12/2013, 1:43 pm

"And I'll have to assist him by redirecting your magical paths while he's in there. Fingers tend to be a gift when handling delicate things."

Inferno looked over her shoulder at Fas, who had entered the living area as well.

The fiery mare spoke.

"She really has to get surgery on her wings?"

Fas nodded.

"I may not have a fancy piece of paper to have it written down, but I'm an expert when it comes to a pony's active or innate magic. I had to be in order to unblock and redirect Hailstone's magical paths. If I wasn't....well, she wouldn't be here right now."

Inferno raised a skeptical brow.

"Forgive me or whatever, but if you don't have the paperwork to prove your words, how can I trust you to keep my friend safe? I know I can trust Red..."

Fas decided to not get offended, but instead walked over and pressed a glowing hand against Inferno's right wing, her hand quickly changing to a bright reddish-orange, the energy dancing off of it as though it was actual flames.

She pressed harder, and Inferno's face turned bright red, a large sense of embarrassment filling her, then she started to feel an intense happiness that made her giggle like a mad-mare, then it all quickly stopped, Fas pulling her hand away.

She carried a smug grin.

"It was easy on you because your paths weren't being affected by anything...and never doubt a griffon that knows more about magic than her family's military history."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   12/12/2013, 2:11 pm

Brimstone laughed at Inferno's expense a little, before sighing. "Miss Fas took good care of us, Inferno, in case you'd forgotten. Plus if she knows more about something than about her family, take her at her word. That holds a lot of weight to a griffon."

Hailstone looked up at Fas. "I will do my best to stay out of harm's way, Fas."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   12/12/2013, 2:50 pm

Fas glanced at Inferno, who was struggling to stay afloat in the water, then looked back at Brimstone, smiling.

"That'd be a good idea. I'm a medic, not a doctor."

Her grin became rather savage, Inferno actually shrinking away a little.

"I don't use anesthesia and fancy medication to fix a broken leg, I manually set it in place, put a splint on it, then send you back out to either find another fight, or look for the hospital."

She shrugged, fluttering her wings a few times before going over to the window, putting a hand against the glass.

"I'll be getting quite the workout dealing with Temporal....her magic makes her pretty dangerous, but rather delicate. It puts stress on her..."

Again, she shrugged.

"I suppose that's the cost of using time-related magic."

She looked back at the pegasi and smirked.

"It'll be quite a treat though. The matches will be over faster than you could blink"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   13/12/2013, 2:23 am

Brimstone smiled and sunk under the water, leaving only his head exposed. "Sounds like fun."

-----

"Welcome back, fillies and gentlecolts! After the astounding events this morning, I bet you're all rip roaring and ready to see another fight!" The stadium sounded like a thunderstorm had erupted inside of it. The cheers were enormously loud to the point that the announcer wobbled around like the ground was shaking. "Well, then who am I to prevent the tournament... of Magic!"

The crowd screamed and shouted cheers into the audience as if they were wild and ready to charge the field.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   13/12/2013, 5:02 am

Back in the field tents for Hurricane, Dalila was finishing with helping Temporal into her armor, the unicorn mare almost too giddy to stay still, much to Dalila's annoyance.

Once Temporal had her armor on, sans her helmet, Dalila sighed and spoke as she held up a scroll.

"I had Mist enchant your armor so that you could help control the flow of your magic. No need for burnout after all. Just take it easy, and don't overdo it. You're going against a Platinum unicorn this round, which means we have the perfect test to see how well you're meditation has been improving."

Temporal nodded quickly and giggled again as she wandered off to do some last minute meditation.

Dalila sighed and looked at Lightning helplessly.

"She's going to be the death of me...I just hope she doesn't overly humiliate the guard she's going against..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   14/12/2013, 2:00 am

"Please welcome to the field our first preliminary matches! Surprisingly, since the resurrection of Commander Hurricane's style of fighting. You will see for the first time in 800 years, pegasi in the running! But first, let me introduce our first matches, including Miss Temporal Shift of House Hurricane!"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   14/12/2013, 2:23 am

Temporal gave an enthusiastic wave and smile as she bouncily trotted up to the arena, making sure to gave a wave to everyone around her before stopping and facing her opponent with a carefree smile.

Across from her, decorated in the colors of House Platinum, was a unicorn stallion about a foot taller than her, his coat gray and his mane a mixture of auburn and light yellow. She couldn't identify his cutie mark through the armor plating covering his hide.

However she did see the near satirical confidence in his light grey eyes, and it only made her smile more.

The announcer spoke up as Temporal finally finished taking her place.

"And introducing her opponent, Aura Sense of House Platinum!"

There was a loud bout of cheers as the stallion simply held his smile, staring at Temporal.

The unicorn mare could tell that the thoughts going through his head translated into 'This will be easy'.

The announcer looked at both sides, then threw a foreleg down.

"Begin!"

There was a flash of white, and Temporal was completely gone, no trace of her on the arena except for a rapidly heating path moving towards the stallion and around him.

He was looking around him, confusion filling his features, his horn lightning with grey magic.

"Hi!"

He felt a weight on his back, and when he looked around, Temporal was standing on his back, balancing on the metal.

"No shame in admitting defeat! I kinda out-class you."

He growled and swiped at her with a ray of magic, but once again she was completely gone in a flash of white.

A weight on his head, and the crowd started to fill with laughter.

Temporal was standing on top of his head, balancing on one hoof and speaking.

"Don't be like that! I'm easy-going! Just admit defeat and I won't have to hurt you!"

Once again, like last time, the stallion reared up and tried to blast her with his magic, but she simply disappeared.

She appeared right in front of him, her body covered in waving white lines as she frowned.

"Have it your way!"

There was a flash of white, and a blue and white blur surrounded the stallion, the sound of clanging metal filling the arena as his armor started to rapidly dent and get scratched in places. Every time Aura tried to blast the blur, he'd suddenly gain a throbbing headache, as though he just got kicked in the head.

He didn't know how to respond!

There was one last, loud clang, this one taking the stallion's breath away, and he was suddenly airborne, flying upwards. The white and blue blur shot up into the air after him, kicking him back down faster than he could blink.

He collided with the arena in a loud grunt of pain, Temporal standing in front of him, panting, but smiling.

"You really should've given up. I give no mercy afterwards."

The stallion simply glared at her.

"What...the fuck...are you?"

Temporal giggled.

"I'm Temporal Shift! Time manipulating extraordinaire. Now, I think it's time you slept off the raging headache."

Before Aura could react, a blur of a kick slammed into his head, knocking him clear off the arena and into the grass, the stallion completely out cold.

Temporal simply giggled, turning and walking towards the edge of the arena.

The announcer, once again recovering from shock, spoke.

"And Temporal Shift of House Hurricane is victorious!"

The crowd erupted into cheers as Temporal giggled and waved at them, walking out of the arena area and towards the tents.

She met with Dalila and Lightning, giggling still.

"What'd you think?! I'm pretty fast, ain't I? Too bad he didn't give up, otherwise I would have beaten Hailstone's time."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   14/12/2013, 4:38 am

Lightning gave a smirk. "Well, you humiliated him for sure. Just be careful of the other ponies now that you've done that - they'll be out to cut your magic off. If they can catch you, that is." She chuckled and turned her gaze out onto the fields where Inferno was about to get on.

Now comes the real test of weather wing, she thought. I hope Inferno can keep up with that unicorn.

"What an exciting set of matches, everypony! The brave! The ground pawing, claw biting, sitting on the edge of your seat matches! And the hillariously outclassed!" The announcer smiled as he got a good laugh out of the audience in the midst of their cheers. "It seems that House Hurricane has more than a few tricks up their saddle's, folks! We shall see of they can keep this up in our first Pegasus versus unicorn matchup in round two!"

A huge roar of applause brought the stadium to a thunderous applause.

Brimstone whispered into Inferno's ear. "Just remember that Blight Sprite was in training with us, but that he's formidable. He knows your normal fighting style so he is unprepared for your weather wing. But refrain from using the same motions as your normal fighting style or he'll just plan accordingly."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   14/12/2013, 11:18 am

Inferno nodded with a large grin as she shuffled the armor around her wings.

"Then I'll just give him something new to chew on."

She bumped her shoulder against his with a smirk and looked up onto the field, taking a deep breath, then letting it out.

"This is my time to shine, to show that we don't fuck around with our training. Time to put on a show that'll really turn some heads."

She glanced back at Brimstone and raised a brow.

"Wish me luck."

She walked forwards and crossed the field, entering the arena and standing on her side.

The announcer spoke.

"Introducing Inferno of House Hurricane!"

The crowd erupted into applause that cut the announcer off, Inferno actually flushing a little at the praise and waving a hoof.

The audience soon slowed and the speaker continued.

"And introducing her opponent, Blight Sprite of House Platinum!"

More cheering, more waiting for them to calm. Inferno shuffled her hooves in order to adjust her stance, the stallion across from her doing the same. He was carrying a smile, showing that he was going to enjoy the fight just as much as Inferno was.

He had been one of the main group of guards that attempted to make life in training a living hell for her, Hailstone, and the others.

She was going to enjoy this immensely.

Her muzzle curled into an evil smile.

The announcer threw down a hoof.

"Begin!"

The air around them began to heat up, as though the sun was being brought closer from the sky. Blight seemed surprised, though he wasn't trying to show it. Inferno smirked as the air swirled, a wind picking up as she charged right at him. He reached to grab her with his magic, but she used a gust of window to strafe to the right, then to the left.

Using a large gust of wind, she rocketed herself past the stallion, bringing in a massive tailwind that struck Blight in the forelegs. He didn't fall, but it definitely got his attention.

Seeing the sweat forming on herself and Blight, Inferno smirked.

The air was hot and humid, time to cool things down.

She began to fly in a circle around the stallion, calling upon the moisture in the air to focus around him as she dropped the temperature to a freezing point.

This had driven the crowd either silent, or deafening with cheers, having never seen a pegasus perform such magical power, and it only drove Inferno on with a huge smile on her face.

A blast of magic struck Inferno in the side, her armor singing as she struggled to hold the spin, suddenly changing directions and going the opposite directions. It was like a fog had rolled in, the clouds circling around Blight as he tried to find where Inferno was.

As he was being encased in the fog, which was rapidly freezing to him, Inferno was using a cushion of air and some of the fog surrounding her to encase her legs in a coat of ice.

She wanted her final kick to hurt....him of course.

Blight was struggling to get a shot of magic off, or to grab Inferno from midair, but the fog surrounding both her and him was making it hard to see, and the rapidly freezing water droplets to his coat was starting to make it hard to think.

He fired up a spell to encase himself in warmth, his horn glowing orange.

Inferno yelled from the fog.

"Oh no you don't!"

He spun around to counterattack, but instead was struck from the front, knocked off of his front hooves. Inferno attacked again, a near solid cloud of frozen fog encasing her fore-hooves like a pair of steel horseshoes. She punched at him again and again, her wings out to balance her.

She was smiling.

Those pointers from Stone and Gold on hoofboxing were spot on.

Blight let out a gasp as he was struck in the gut, the wind knocked out of him as he leaned forward to clutch his stomach.

Inferno could feel a migraine forming and her wings were beginning to ache. She needed to end this, now.

She stuck her hindlegs into the spinning cloud of fog behind her, armor made of ice forming on them as she then flapped her wings, shooting straight into the air.

The fiery pegasus gave a wide, toothy smile as she yelled from above Blight.

"SAY GOODNIGHT!"

One powerful blast of air, one powerful flap, and she shot straight down like a rocket made of ice, throwing herself as hard as she could.

She connected with the disoriented stallion. The clang was loud enough to hurt her ears, the outer plating of his armor actually shattering like glass along with the metal horseshoes Inferno wore on her hindlegs, a resounding blast of air blowing the fog away and letting in warm sunshine.

Everyone was stunned silent as Blight collapsed, knocked out from whiplash, and Inferno landed in a heap, the ice on her hindlegs melting rapidly as she took controlled breaths

The announcer spoke after a moment.

"Inferno of House Hurricane is the victor!"

The crowd burst out into cheers as Inferno smiled, soaking up the praise.

She tried to stand, but her hindlegs gave out and she collapsed, which drew Fas onto the field. She eased the armored and rather heavy pegasus onto her back and got her off the field, setting her down in the medical tent with Red and Brimstone.

Fas carried a somewhat proud look, which then soured as she flicked Inferno in the ear, scowling.

"Don't ever do that again Inferno. Beating them is one thing, but I'm not hauling you in here with two broken legs. I only hope you didn't break that stallion's spine when you hit him. His armor should've taken the brunt of it, but he's going to be hurting for sure once he wakes up."

Inferno responded with a sheepish smile, glancing at Brim.

"But I did good, right?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   14/12/2013, 4:09 pm

Brimstone frowned and before he could say anything, the announcer cut in. "Due to the previous match, the tournament committee would like to remind all participants that in the magic portion minimal contact is the rule. Considering the nature of the fighting style, Inferno of House Hurricane will not sustain a penalty. Please refrain from as much physical contact as possible. Thank you."

Brimstone rubbed the back of his neck. His face was clearly still filled with worry, but he relaxed. "Don't get yourself knocked out of the tournament so quickly, ok?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 1:57 am

Inferno shrugged.

"I honestly think it's more about proving that we have the power and capabilities, but winning a few of these matches certainly does the same thing..."

She rubbed the back of her neck.

"And another thing? I was REALLY wanting to hurt Sprite. He was an asshole in training..."

She sighed and continued.

"Guess I'll have to switch it up instead of wearing them down and then taking them out in one swift and powerful strike."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 4:27 am

Brimstone smiled, but didn't say what he had on his mind. He patted her on the back and looked over at Fas, "Can you help me suit up, Fas? I want to make sure the wing holes aren't going to catch the wing blade straps this time."

------

"Fillies, and Gentlecolts! How about a cheer for our competitors!"

The thunderous boom of hooves stomping the ground filled the stadium, paired with the raucous cheers of the ponies in the seats above, and those watching from the clouds. The sun was framed by the 2:00 sun ring suspended over the stadium.

"The time has come for the preliminary rounds four our grand tournament! All styles of fighting! All kinds of weapons and no limit to the abilities these brave ponies possess!"

Lightning, standing outside of the tent was momentarily deafened by the sound of excitement coming from the crowd. The announcer trotted along the rise above the center field and held his hooves up to try and curb the noise so he could be heard. "For the next two hours, you will be delighted by the mix of talents and abilities these ponies possess in a real, hooves-down, all out battle! First round group! Take your places!"

Lightning looked over at Brimstone, "Make me proud."

He bowed and pressed his helmet down. "Of course, m'lady."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 4:45 am

Fas stepped out of the tent near Lightning as Brimstone moved to the arena, the griffon sighing as she rubbed her hands together.

"I'm going to have my work cut out for me...I looked over Inferno, and the stress from the cold almost destroyed the bones in her hindlegs. She has to be careful with Weather Wing, all of them do..."

She still managed to form a smirk.

"But, at least Red's the chief medic here. I can just dump the work on him."

She chuckled as she looked up at the sun, changing the topic.

"Hopefully Idris and Trail will get back here soon. I haven't seen either for a few hours now."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 5:11 am

Lightning frowned. "I'm sure they're busy with something. Or having a good time in each others company." She gave a playful smirk and a giggle. "Just kidding."

Brimstone walked onto the field, face to face with one of Platinum's newer recruits. The unicorn narrowed his eyes and gave a confident smirk.

"Begin!"

The unicorn began by hurling a volley of fire at Brimstone. He dodged to the side, the smell of singed tail hair making his nostrils twitch. He unlatched his shield as another bout of flame ushered forth from his opponent. Brim placed the shield in front of his body and pressed forward. The fire plowed off of the ends, licking his sides as he advanced. The sudden cool of the summer day snapped him back into action, just deflecting a sword strike from the unicorn.

Rolling to the left, Brim brought down his spear. The magicked blades shot sparks in the air as his spearhead did its best to party and avoid the strikes from the sword. As he dodged another blast of flame, he knocked the sword from his magical grip. Quickly, he smacked the unicorn's horn to stop the casting before slamming the butt against his fetlocks.

Taken by surprise, Brimstone pushed him back with a bout of weather wing, landing a buck from his hind legs into his barrel. The unicorn landed on his back and had Brim's spear stuck against his neck.

"Brimstone of House Hurricane, wins on field 1!"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 5:30 am

Fas gave a low whistle.

"Not bad. Looks like our goal to show up the other Houses is working just fine..."

She sighed.

"But now we have to worry about tampering...."

She looked back into the tent and noticed Dalila suiting up in her armor again, her blades being strapped on to her side. Temporal was currently helping her, making it go by faster.

Fas spoke up so they could hear.

"Don't be getting too banged up you two."

Dalila rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Peace, Fas....it is not much of a competition if we succeed to often."

Fas scratched her chin and sighed.

"Well, we did lose a few in the early rounds....but anyways, good luck. Try not to put them in a hospital."

Dalila only nodded as she trotted out, her stripes twisting and turning with yellow magic before going back to normal. She even lacked the blue lines from before, the paste having been washed off so her senses were uninhibited.

Fas nudged Lightning in the side.

"I feel SO sorry for anyone that has to go against her. Dalila is graceful and really dangerous when allowed her full abilities."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 5:59 am

Lightning nodded. "I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared of her strength sometimes." She laughed and nodded to Brimstone before he entered the tent. "I don't honestly believe that there will be tampering here. Princess Celestia and Luna's guards are here protecting the equipment they're loaning the teams. It would be destruction of Equestrian property." A small shrug was al she gave before she sat down on the cushion she brought from home. "Besides, these are placement rounds. Not a single one of these puts you out of the running. If anything, we've given the other houses the advantage of fighting weaker opponents first and forcing ourselves to fight tough opponents first, and then be exposed to them at the end. Its an uphill battle they're willing to let us have."

Beside Dalila one of the castle's fresh recruits - a batpony with a sand-colored coat and mottled brown mane and tail stood beside her waiting for the next field. She smiled, looking confident in spite of not wearing serious armor like her opponent. She smiled and waved with her bare hooves at the zebra mare. Her cyan eyes glowed like the afternoon sky.

"Good luck!" she said cheerily.

"Round three placements, take the field!"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 6:43 am

Dalila tilted her head at the batpony mare, but nodded nonetheless.

"Thanks! Good luck with your round too."

She stood across from the unicorn guard. He was a part of the Royal Guard still, if his scratched golden armor was any indication. A short bow rested on his back, a massive quiver of arrows with suction cup tips resting in it. They would prove to be a bother for sure.

The announcer spoke.

"Introducing Dalila of House Hurricane! This mare brought us a real surprise in her last fight folks! Let's see if her opponent can match her reaction!"

The announcer gestured at Dalila's opponent.

"Introducing Recurve of the Royal Guard!"

There were cheers and applause as usual, and Dalila did her best to focus on her target, her stripes starting to glow yellow as the unicorn's magic gripped his bow.

"Begin!"

The bow was drawn and an arrow was already sailing through the air.

Dalila ducked to the left as the arrow sailed within an inch of her head, the zebra not even flinching as she darted forward.

This stallion wasn't like the rest. He carried a calm and calculated appearance, his eyes tracking Dalila's movements.

More arrows flew, but this one was being manipulated by the stallion's magic, which made it twirl towards her. Dalila's yellow appendages appeared on her forehooves, pulling her swords out and sliding to a stop on her hindlegs. She deflected the arrow, and the one following it.

She ran the best she could on her hindlegs without falling. Her increased and unmatched sense of balance was keeping her up, her eyes tracking each arrow and deflecting them expertly.

Recurve finally pulled the string back, drawing four arrows into one shot.

He let go, and all four arrows shot off, some of them glowing a different color and even traveling at a different speed.

'Enchanted arrows, clever, and hard to come by.'

She smirked, and her eyes glowed yellow, the stripes of yellow and black wrapping around her muzzle, ears, and all four legs. Her muscles felt heightened in strength and speed, ready to react as though she had taken a shot of adrenaline.

The first arrow was in front of her, leading to her jumping in the air, the second arrow was ready to stick to her head in midair, but she twisted her body in midair, the arrow sailing over her side and missing. The third arrow was ready to hit her back, having been slowed and manipulated by the stallion's magic, but once again, Dalila dodged it...only in a much stranger manner.

Her forehooves glowed a bright yellow, and she suddenly blasted a wave of magic into the ground, the percussion making her spin in midair and dodging the arrow. The third arrow, this one likely going to shock her with electrical magic, was right in front of her. She drew her blade, and in one fell swoop, sliced straight down the middle of the arrow, destroying it completely.

Dalila landed in a skid on her hooves, a single blade still drawn and held in her hoof.

Recurve was in shock, having never expected Dalila to be able to dodge his barrage.

He spoke.

"Impressive...there's more to you than I would have thought..."

He smiled and drew back another arrow, this one glowing silver.

"Finally, a match with a worthy opponent."

He shot off the arrow, and when Dalila tried to duck, her magic seemed to fluctuate, feeling as though a haze was going through her mind.

Back near the tents, Fas sighed as she recognized what had been fired.

"Spectre Arrows. Very hard to find nowadays without knowing someone who can craft them. They can cut through any magical shields and weapon. Made of pure silver, a very magically conductive material."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 7:23 am

Lightning gawked at the fields, swallowing before responding. "At least she isn't dealing... With her. Are you seeing this craziness?"

The sandy colored mare in the field beside her was fighting one of the master mages of the Platinum house but she was making him work for every little scratch and nick he scored. Left and right she spun and dodged, seeming to dance across the field and around the increasingly impressive spells. As a gout of fire flew over her, the serious face she wore tracked its movements, floating underneath it. She dragged a hooftip along the flames and the spell weakened and withered away.

Lightning looked at Temporal watching from the tent as she turned to whisper to Red. "What in the world is that?"

Unseen on his approach, a stallion appeared beside her and sat down, his vigilate cloak draped over his shoulders. She noticed him and the hairs stood up on her neck all the way down her back to her flanks. "She is a Dancer in Silence, M'Lady. A danger to all living beings. That have magic of any kind."

"Who the hay are you," she asked suspiciously.

He gave a slight bow, not taking his eyes off the match as she twirled and danced across the field. "Silent Step, Lady Hurricane. Grand Master Idris sent me to inform you he will not see you until later this evening. He apologizes for any inconvenience."

She relaxed as he rose to leave. "Tell him I said thank you. But before you leave, can you be a little more explanatory on her?"

He looked back. "She is as dangerous as your twin troops, the magic cancellers, except that she can pinpoint the aura of the individuals she wishes to harm and remove their ability to use natural magic. In some cases she can destroy it. We have not determined for whom she fights, so she lives... for now."

With that he disappeared around the tents, leaving Lightning feeling unsettled and interested in the mare. She looked at Fas with concern. "Do the vigilate always eliminate Dancers?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 7:54 am

Fas pressed her beak into a thin line before speaking.

"Unless we are given a good word for a certain member, we usually try to avoid dealing with them. The Vigilate see them either as an asset or a threat. There are a few in the Vigilate, but they're usually sent on assassination missions or on recon."

She sighed and ran a claw through her feathers.

"But if they are a perceived threat....they become a high priority target..."

She looked at Lightning.

"To keep it simple, we tend to leave them be, but if they have a good word behind them, or a recommendation, we accept them into our numbers."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   15/12/2013, 8:29 am

Lightning pursed her lips together in thought, turning her head to watch the mare dance and dodge through the field. She could understand the danger from the way she was just cancelling spells left and right, but it didn't hit her until the mare threw herself forward on a burst of wind that her pupils dilated and she felt in awe. The mare coated her wings in rain droplets as she whipped up a strike of wind underneath him. Her hooves and wingtips acted like batons, pressing hard into his underside. She just barely caught the eighteen precise strikes she used - mainly because she was hardening the wind at the point of impact, rather than touch the opponent at all.

"Fas... Fas... Oh goddesses, that's weather wing Fas... I can feel it."

The unicorn stumbled back, firing another huge, but strained spell, blasting the mare back in a torrent of light. She spun through the air like she was pirouetting, and the spell disappeared as she landed softly on her hooves. The attack continued with some difficulty from the mage, pushing her back and burning her forehoof badly.

Red walked up with the goggles that he kept in his tuning bag. He looked on rather surprised and concerned. "That unicorn won't be able to cast for hours if he keeps that up. Fas you should see what this mare is doing to those spells - its quite beautiful. She appears to be untangling them like pulling the core thread on a sweater."

Lightning watched her cross the field again slamming into the stallion from the side. She rolled him sideways in the air and slammed into precise points on his body. He howled on pain as he rolled to his hooves, but she was all over him making three short strikes to his neck and one to his horn, dragging her hoof down the length of his back.

He staggered and fell to the side. His attempts at casting were useless and now he was completely defenseless. His armor protected him from her rather untrained buck and she stumbled a little bit from the blow. Lightning suddenly saw her problem - no end game. Her strikes were only truly dangerous to those who relied on magic. Against a real trained warrior like an earth pony or a Pegasus guard, she's be toast at this point.

Her brute force method seemed to work, however, as he dropped to the ground weak and unable to rise. She too was having some difficulty standing there. As the announcer reported her victory, she turned her gaze back to Dalila's match still raging beside her. But she noticed among the stands, several cloaked ponies moving about towards the field.

"Fas, go get Mist and bring that mare here. She's a recruit I want... and from the looks of it, your order seems to be circling like wolves in the stands. I'll... I'll try to talk to Idris later, but if anypony else noticed her using weather wing, we're going to need to have an explanation." She wiped the sweat from her brow as she focused on Dalila's match. "I don't want to be on the manure list for not knowing what weather wing is capable of."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony V   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony V
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next