Brony Awakening

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Episodes 1 and 2 - Princess Twilight Sparkle Episode discussion (spoilers obviously)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Firewire
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Episodes 1 and 2 - Princess Twilight Sparkle Episode discussion (spoilers obviously)   24/11/2013, 1:59 pm

Gee, we've not done one of these threads in a while. What is it nearly a year? Damn.

Anyway, Season 4 is out (finally, hooray!) give a watch down below or if you've already seen it and i'm guessing most of you have. Share your thoughts!

In my opinion. It was absolutely fucking amazing! We had epic battle scenes! Elements of Harmony lore! Princess lore! Discord! Too many awesome things to list. What about that ending huh, what are your theories on that hm? I've not got a clue, but six keys? Obviously each key is going to be found(?) by one of the mane 6 with twilight to round it off at the end of the season.

And what's going to be inside the chest hm? No doubt it will revealed right at the end for another massive cliffhanger.. But like I said. Amazing, I was starting to lose interest in the actual show and was just in it for the fandom but all I needed was some fresh horse and it's awesome.

Lets rekindle this dusty old board with some brand new pone every weekend! Here's to a whole new season, cheers!

:cellypleased:

Last edited by Luna on 24/11/2013, 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LunarGuard12

PostSubject: Re: Episodes 1 and 2 - Princess Twilight Sparkle Episode discussion (spoilers obviously)   24/11/2013, 2:04 pm

*Wipes away the dust on the reply box*

Well, this certainly was an interesting episode. I have the strangest feeling that we might be seeing new towns introduced this season, but that's just me. Oh, and by the way....LUNA IN THE OPENING THEME!!!!! *dies*

Raptr Gamercard
Back to top Go down
http://starfoxfan11.deviantart.com/
VikingPony

PostSubject: Re: Episodes 1 and 2 - Princess Twilight Sparkle Episode discussion (spoilers obviously)   24/11/2013, 2:30 pm

Since my thread on BH hasn't picked up yet and I'm not the only one posting here I will just go ahead and say it was fucking amazing.

I went in fairly spoiler free if not completely, had no idea what to expect aside from the typical season premier shenanigans.

It was cool to see Twilight struggle with her wings and how her friends thought of her as being a Princess now and that she's "above" them so to speak and Twilight denying it.

All the backstory/lore if you want to call it that which we got was great too, we got to see where Celestia and Luna got the elements of harmony and how they were used versus Discord and later Luna as Nightmare Moon.

Discord singing winter wrap up was hilarious and the fact that he's still up too some shenanigans may end up with him being a sort of "Chaotic good" character now so he's not reformed entirely.

Twilight being forced to turn her back on her friends after they think she should go back and be a "Princess" for the sake of Equestria in case Luna and Celestia weren't found.
But then being "bullied" by Discord to go and help her friends despite the fact that if she died or something happened to her, Cadance would be the only Princess left in Equestria and that the people might loose faith in them if 3 Princesses went missing and never returned.
She basically showed that she's still the good old Twilight Sparkle (plus a pair of wings and a larger horn, giggity.) by turning her back on going back and sitting in safety being a Princess while her friends are risking their lives for Equestria.
It also showed that despite being an alicorn there's still things in the world that she can't quite deal with without the help of her friends, which really emphasises the "friendship is magic" morale.

Them handing in the elements of harmony back to the tree means that there's been more creativity for the writers/mane 6 in general to come up with other solutions that doesn't just rely on falling back on the elements of harmony to solve things unless it's really needed like locking Discord up again.

Also animations and lightning looked AMAZING, they have clearly put a lot of hard work into this season.

Voice acting was amazing as per usual obviously really talented VA's and John De Lancie returning in the premier already!

Season long story arc is gonna be really interesting to follow and see how the story develops over the course of the season and for as for what might be in the box? Or where, what or how the keys will be found etc. I ain't got a bloody clue, we'll have to wait and see.

Also Derpt spotted with an orange mane at the summer sun celebration just after Twilight does her thingy ma jigg.

(Just ignore Lyra looking like she's just smoked a fuck load of weed.)

bioreactor

PostSubject: Re: Episodes 1 and 2 - Princess Twilight Sparkle Episode discussion (spoilers obviously)   26/11/2013, 2:31 pm

so does this mean the forum is now "brony re-awakening"? XD

on a more realistic note the episode was indeed awesome and cant wait for another

now, onto creating the fresh head canon...

Graphics Artist

PostSubject: Re: Episodes 1 and 2 - Princess Twilight Sparkle Episode discussion (spoilers obviously)   26/11/2013, 7:36 pm

one of my favourite episodes so far, they brought back discord (FUUUCK YEAH BITCHES) luna was edgy, celery was all crying and banishing her to the moon, twiliey had some dank potion, pinkie pie was pinkie, loved the episodes to bits :D

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: Episodes 1 and 2 - Princess Twilight Sparkle Episode discussion (spoilers obviously)   10/12/2013, 1:21 pm

One of my friends brought the interesting point to me that they seem to be slapping Princess Celestia with the 'you're not that powerful' stick an awful lot. Does that seem out of place to anyone else for her being supposedly all powerful and immortal?

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episodes 1 and 2 - Princess Twilight Sparkle Episode discussion (spoilers obviously)   

Back to top Go down

Episodes 1 and 2 - Princess Twilight Sparkle Episode discussion (spoilers obviously)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1