Share | 

The Lights of Harmony IV

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   6/12/2013, 7:18 am

Lightning laughed. "In front of this many ponies? I think it would be foolish and a gamble none of the houses would be willing to take."

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   6/12/2013, 9:11 am

Idris gave a rueful, sad smile.

"You'd be surprised....but I'm delving too much into the past. Please, speak with Princess Luna, I have my own errands as well."

The zebra gave a small bow before slowly making his way towards the halls, attempting to reach the Princess.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   7/12/2013, 3:11 am

Lightning entered the tent and Brimstone saluted. "How are we looking for the placement rounds?"

Brimstone pointed at the magic chart on the wall. "Several teams have been knocked out from resignation or getting the boot. Right now Null and Void have the fastest knockout time so they've been given a buy for the first round. I think that's mainly out of concern that they would be up against Platinum's two best unicorns otherwise."

Lightning frowned. "What about weapons only preliminaries? Did we get a ruling on healing?"

Brimstone nodded grimly. "Healing is allowed after the prelims and after quarter finals and semi finals. None during the round robin - its a war of attrition there."

She looked at Fas. Not seeing Hailstone, she asked, "Will Hailstone be ok for that long?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   7/12/2013, 3:32 am

Fas gave a small sigh as she idly looked over a chart before looking at Lightning.

"Honestly? She'll have to use Weather Wing sparingly and at a controlled pace, and she needs to avoid attacks on her wings and spine. If she doesn't, her magic will be blocked by interference."

She glanced at Red before back at Lightning.

"I can keep her on her hooves until I can no longer provide medical care, but she's on a steep slope. The worse thing that could happen is that she either gets a blockage in her entire wing, or gets a blocked in certain area in the middle. If she gets an entire blockage, she'll go into extreme pain and lose some of her abilities as a pegasus, including flight."

She winced before continuing.

"But if she gets a blockage the middle of her wing, she won't be able to control her weather wing. I've seen her power, and if she lost control, she could probably level a good portion of the stands."

She gave a grunt of frustration before standing.

"I can't stand the idea of not being able to help her!.....If she wasn't so determined, I'd have her taken out of this competition for her own safety...."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   7/12/2013, 4:46 am

Hailstone stood at the other side of the tent, taking in Fas' words. She took in a deep breath before entering the tent. "I won't use weather wing in the weapons competition," she said firmly. "I do not think it is allowed. I appreciate that you are concerned for my health, but I assure you that I can perform my duties as required."

Lightning looked her over. "What about your weapons?"

"My specialty is the spear and shield. I will be in the fortified heavy plate armor Axel made. That is why I requested that he create mine first. As for my pain tolerance, Fas can vouch for my ability to withstand pain."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   7/12/2013, 6:07 am

Fas was eying Hailstone, but nodded.

"She was able to withstand having a total magical blockage in her wing fixed without bucking me into the wall. My tantric methods will suffice for now, but I can only use duct tape to fix a break so many times."

She sighed.

"The plate armor though is a good move to make. Axel came to me about two times for burn marks on his hooves and chest when he was making Hailstone's armor. He took great pride in making it, and even asked Mist for some help..."

She scratched her chin in a pondering fashion.

"I don't really know why though....all I know is, I heard singing and saw some blue colors, but that was about it."

She smiled in a more casual manner, some mirth appearing in her green eyes as she looked at Lightning, then at the large pegasus.

"Keep to your word Hail, and maybe I won't have to tranquilize you to get you off the field. You're powerful, that's for sure, and I appreciate you taking your injuries into account."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   7/12/2013, 6:47 am

Hailstone gave a genuine smile - far more emotion than she had ever truly shown in front of Lightning. It surprised her as she bowed instead of saluting. "M'lady. When I am finished wiping the field with them, you may discharge me if you wish. But I would rather lose my wings than lose the opportunity at life you have given me."

She rose and nodded to Inferno and Brimstone, before trotting over to the heavy plate armor along the back of the tent. Red crossed over out of concern leaving Lightning to stand there a little embarrassed and confused at her devotion. What had she done to deserve that? She made a note to dine with the guards more often out of respect for them. Perhaps it would do them more good as a whole.

Meanwhile, Brimstone grabbed the first bit of padding and slung it over her back. "This suit of armor is almost double the normal running weight. You sure you can handle this?"

She blushed ever so slightly. "I carry six sandbags in practice now. I just move them around so they look like less."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   7/12/2013, 7:50 am

Fas stood there and watched the two pegasi, thinking over her decision before giving a sigh of resignation and shaking her head.

"This goes against what I learned so much..."

She went over to Brimstone and Hail, speaking.

"When you're done with your fight, I want you in here right away. No excuse."

She idly reached over and grabbed Hail's helmet, the metal almost seeming to glow with energy and power as she looked at her own distorted reflecting. It had been crafted with grace and power; steady, yet powerful hooves having held the hammer. It was custom fitted for Hail's large head, a movable visor resting open on the top in case Hail needed it. On the inside of the padded helmet, on the back part that covered the neck, was the seal of House Hurricane, carved into the metal with care.

Fas sighed again and turned around to face the armored mare, the time the griffon spent lost in thought giving Brimstone enough time to fit the pegasus mare.

Fas held the helmet out, a smile on her beak.

"Don't go dinging the armor up too much. Axel'll be on your ass like a hornet...and don't get yourself too hurt out there. If you have to lose your wings, I won't be able to live with myself."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   9/12/2013, 4:56 am

Hailstone nodded shortly. She strapped on her shield and grabbed her spear in her other wing.

"Fillies and Gentlecolts! May I present to you on the fourth and fifth fields, the weapons only tournament! Each match is ranked according to time in training and practice of combat. As Princess Celestia decreed in the year 210, those with higher experience risk mortally wounding their less experienced opponents. Thus, as agreed by Lord Typhoon, Princess Topaz, and Chancellor Morning Star the tournament will be divided as such. Winners shall share the stage, and participate in the winners circle. First will be those that have been on active duty up to three years. Please take your places!"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   9/12/2013, 6:42 am

From another tent, Dalila came out in her armor, the familiar blue paste that Feral had given her before they left was running down the side of her muzzle and around her ears. Her twin dao blades were holstered comfortably on her sides in their brown skeleton scabbards. She noticed a few staring at the shining blades, especially the more inexperienced guards.

Not showing a reaction, she walked out, with Signal Flare following behind with his longsword resting on his side as well and within easy access. There was also a pair of metal and leather covers over his wings, since he had found himself good at something else. He had asked Axel to make them a week before the tournament.

Signal Flare took his place by Hailstone while Dalila moved into place to be one of next line of fighters. They wouldn't ask about how long and where she had served. Seven years is a long active duty for someone her age, and she had fought opponents that could have taken over Equestria if they wanted to.

She wanted to prove that she was a great fighter, and she was going to do it without even using magic to grip her blades in her hooves.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   11/12/2013, 9:19 am

Hailstone was a part of the first group of fighters. As she walked up onto the field, she could already tell that the opponent was no match for her equipment without some kind of magic. The earth pony looked as though he hadn't even seen more than basic training - his standard gear reminded him of the equipment they used to practice with.

She readjusted her spear under her wing and lowered her visor.

"Begin!"

Hailstone charged forward at the colt. She had to admit that he was brave in standing his ground. But as he prepared the standard maneuver - rather slowly at that - she brought the butt of the spear up in a strong parry. Before he could recover, she slammed into him full force and mowed him over.

Spinning on her hoof, she brandished the rubber spear tip and pressed it against his neck.

"Hailstone, of House Hurricane wins!"

There was a mix of cheers and boos as she helped up the young earth pony. "Never forget about your opponent's size, young one. Use it against them."

She nodded and walked across the field to the tent.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   11/12/2013, 10:20 am

Fas waved her in before setting her down and removing the armor around her back.

She did an idle go through with her hands and eyes before nodding to herself.

"No change. That's good. Means that your magic won't be as hard to knock around..."

Back out on the field, Dalila was on standby, since they planned on getting the more inexperienced fighters through first.

She glanced to her side and saw the other guards, most of them likely long-term serving members. Most were even older than her. A few of them seemed to carry interest in her, likely since she was a change in appearance for the others. Some carried confusion, many with fascination, others with respect, and of course, the rest carried glares and hostilities, especially the unicorn guard about two down from her.

Even with the paste around her ears, she could still hear him clearly mutter.

"...Damn things are spreading...this is Equestria's army, not teatime with mommy...filthy savages."

The batpony guard that was next to Dalila spoke up, a stallion with a scar running down his cheek.

"Just because she carries stripes doesn't mean she's less equine then the rest of us. You're hear to prove yourself, not speak your racial insensitivity."

The unicorn growled at the batpony.

"We don't need pretend guards here. Mare's have no right fighting a fight they are not able to complete. I'm more worried about her being carried off the field with all four of her legs broken from her competitor."

Dalila finally spoke, her face neutral and her voice clear.

"As our fellow guard said, this is a place to prove our strength and abilities. I hope that your opinion changes soon, for we are also here to set an example for Equestria, to show that we are capable of protecting them and the Princesses from those that wish this kingdom harm. Hostilities will only blind your thinking."

The Lunar guard next to her seemed to smile a little while the unicorn only glared and huffed, straightening his stance.

At another arena, Signal Flare was shuffling a little side-to-side, his match not coming up until after the current fight. He was nervous to fight alone, but he had chosen to fight, so he shall...to prove to the others that House Hurricane is worthy of being respected.

Of course, he surmised that the others would say their Lady was cheating, but who would care to listen to sore losers?

He guessed none would.

He chuckled before resuming his stance.

His match was next.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   11/12/2013, 10:37 am

"Round four of our placement match here, fillies and gentlecolts! As the rankings stand Hailstone of House Hurricane is still our top seed for the younger group. Our last matches will decided to see if anyone can beat her stride! Final match for Tier Four, take your places!"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   11/12/2013, 1:05 pm

Dalila walked onto the field, met with the reaction she expected. The boos were louder than the cheers, the social elites unhappy to see her wearing guard armor and carrying blades instead of serving as their civil servant or doing menial labor, while the younger crowd was cheering, happy to see diversity in the guard.

She stood across from an earth pony stallion, the soldier's armor clean, his equipment tidy, and a standard issue longsword and short blade on his side.

Perhaps he would prove to be a real challenger.

The stallion's face twisted into a sardonic smile.

"You're a long ways away from your momma's forelegs filly. Never send a mare to do a stallion's job, especially when it comes to the Princesses and Equestria's protection."

Perhaps not.

The announcer, a unicorn mare, came up with a scroll, speaking.

"Announcing, Dalila of House Hurricane, and Burning Slate of the Royal Guard!"

Dalila drew a dao blade at the same time the stallion drew his longsword.

"Begin!"

Immediately, Dalila shot off from her position, a blur as her strong legs carried her lithe form over the arena. The stallion swung his blade, but she only jumped over him, sailing through the air and landing behind him. He tried to buck her, but Dalila beat him on the draw, her strong buck knocking his rear legs out from under him and putting him on his rump.

Dalila was going to swing around and put her blade close to his neck to finish it, but Slate instead swung his entire body around in an attempt to use his weight to bring her down.

The zebra mare instead jumped up and towards him, rolling over his shoulder and landing in front of him.

She pressed her blade against his neck, ending the match in a short span.

He was flabbergasted, the entire crowd practically silent except for building applause.

The announcer, finding her voice, spoke.

"Dalila, of House Hurricane, wins!"

The younger crowd went wild, drowning everyone else out while Dalila allowed a small smile, holstering her blade.

She turned and walked towards the edge, exiting the arena.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   12/12/2013, 5:31 am

Lightning was relieved that they were able to have an intermission at noon. The facilities with the locker rooms were quite nice, paid in part by the castle and House Puddinghat - this year's sponsor. Inside each was a sitting area with a small kitchen operated by Zest since she had come to the games. There was also a practice room with all the basic training equipment installed. Inside the living area, Hailstone had taken her place in the hot tub by the window overlooking the field. Red had suggested she stay there to keep her wing muscles and joints loose for the main tournament's preliminary rounds.

Bolt sat in the center of the room, meditating quietly. The smells of fresh oranges and apples filled the room from the sizzling pan in Zest's hooves.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   12/12/2013, 6:02 am

Inferno was idly sitting in a chair in the same room as Hailstone, running a cleaning rag over her claymore until the blade shined like new.

She was carrying her trademark smirk as well.

"I'll tell ya, didn't expect to go against an earth pony guard from House Puddinghat that was THAT crazy with a war axe. I'm even more surprised I survived. Seeing him with a good chunk of his right ear missing unnerved me a little too."

Her smirk grew.

"But one thing I learned about my sword? I know that the weight is spread more evenly on the blade, not focused on the head. Good counterbalance. War axe is ungainly and has to be thrown around."

She looked up at the large pegasus.

"So Hail, how've your wings been? Fas or Red rip you a new one yet?"

-------

http://bronyawakening.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1602

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony IV
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40