Share | 

The Lights of Harmony IV

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 4:38 pm

"My magic flow is restricted severely in my wings from farming injuries. Brimstone has been massaging them to work properly, but I think that I require more assistance than a quick fix as that is. I am not certain I need surgery, but it may be a possibility."

Hailstone sat down in the center of the room and spread her wings out for Fas to take a look. Long healed scars were hidden under the fur, as well as some red spots of skin where the straps of the wingblades they trained with didn't sit well.

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 4:51 pm

Fas let out a small breath at seeing the scars and the red rubbed spots.

She sat down behind the large pegasus and began to lightly press into certain points on the wings, a claw going to press at a scarred area near the joint on the underside of her wing.

Her brows were furrowed as her eyes glowed, seeing the flow of her magic as though it was a diagram of her veins, but in her wings, she could see spots where the magic either fractured, went a different direction, or stopped entirely.

She gritted her beak as she lightly grabbed a spot on Hailstone's left wing, using a bit of her magic to relax the muscles on that spot.

"Hailstone...there are a lot of places on your wings where the magic is being interfered with..."

She sighed.

"From what I'm seeing right now, there just might be the possibility that surgery would be required, because there are places on your wings where, if you were to excessively use your magic, or over-train your magic....you could end up damaging the magical flow further, maybe even deaden the nerves in some places."

She ran a talon through her brow and sighed.

"I'm probably going to need Red to help me with this. You're magic is definitely being interfered with right now, but you shouldn't experience any side-effects soon."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 5:03 pm

Hailstone nodded. "I operated under the assumption I would farm for the rest of my life, so it never concerned me. I don't fly often, and I wasn't sure I would miss it. Still not sure."

She looked at her wings. "I don't have the bits for surgery or a family to fall back on. I'd rather not talk about the reason why." She looked over at the table and frowned. "In my medical file, it said the cost of correcting it while I was a filly would have been fifteen thousand bits. I assume it's more now?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 5:26 pm

Fas held the silence for a moment before sighing, moving to sit in front of the larger pegasus and resting a hand on her shoulder.

"This form of surgery is a major and delicate process....we'd have to repair the magical flow and other things. I even saw how...bad the flow was in one of your wings."

Running the numbers through her head, she sighed.

"Taking in costs, the amount of surgery needed....we're looking to around 200,000 bits."

She sighed again and ran a talon through the feathers on her head.

"It'd probably be a long process, and a delicate one. You'd probably be out of commission for a while too..."

Her hand traced down and now rested on the mare's foreleg.

"...I hope you're not upset with the news I bear..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 5:31 pm

Hailstone shrugged. "I accepted that I would lose my wings a long time ago. Unless Red Cross is a surgeon, I can't imagine I have a chance."

Red Cross popped his head in the room and looked curiously at the two of them. "My daughter overheard my name and told me that you were looking for me?"

Desert poked her head in underneath her fathers and stuck her earplug back into her ears. As Red entered the room, her hoofsteps echoed down the hallway. He closed the door behind him. "What did I miss?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 5:35 pm

Fas gave a sigh as she looked up at Hail, then looked back at Red.

"I checked the magical flow in her wings, since she came in asking for a little help after a discussion with Brimstone..."

She ran a talon through her feathers and spoke again.

"Red, her wings are, for a lack of a better phrase, magically fractured. She's going to need some serious and delicate surgery in order to really repair them, and we're talking a bit count in the hundred-thousands."

She gestured at Hail.

"You can examine her wings to see it for yourself if you want..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 5:48 pm

Red seemed a bit giddy. "Magical fracturing? Goodness, you might as well have given me a block of gold to carve into a statue. My license is in surgery, and since I know far more about magic flow, I have a certification in magic reconstructive surgery."

He took out a compass-like device and slipped on his latex gloves. "Just let me take a look at the flow meters, and I can make an initial estimate to see if I need to call Ponyville General or Canterlot University for a room and their equipment."

Hailstone didn't even wince as the small needled ends stuck into her wings. A few more sticks before he finally pulled the machine off of her and dumped the needles in his needle disposal jar. As he stuck the magic flow meter in the sterilizing jar, he nodded. "Two surgeries, three at most to reconstruct your wings. This will be expensive, but Lightning hired me as a personal physician and a doctor for the house. It won't cost her more than what it will be to use the hospital's facilities. I have a lot of paperwork to fill out for that, however so it could take a few weeks to schedule the first surgery. They need all sorts of things when you're in personal practice."

Hailstone looked up at Red in wonder. "Really?"

"Certainly. But of course, I will need to speak to Lightning to inform her of the situation. I believe that we can temporarily restore function to them until then. Fas? I believe your tantric methods would actually help here. If I'm not mistaken, you would have to have a lot of practice manipulating nerves and the magic flow to get the intended result of the technique. You could restore, or reroute it to her needs. So, I will leave you to it and I'll get started on the paperwork."

Red gathered his things and shuffled out of the room.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 5:54 pm

Fas was smiling faintly, chuckling.

"Glad we got a professional, I'm too laid back for the serious shit..."

She gave a small sigh, then cracked the joints on her fingers and give a wider, but reassuring smile.

"Now Hail, I'm going to have to have you lay on your stomach while I do my work. I'll admit now that this experience might go from being pleasurable, to outright painful..."

She gave another sigh as she allowed her magic to filter into her hands.

"I'm well read in massage techniques done by a mare named Neo Tantric. Legend has it she was a herd-mate for Princess Luna before the Nightmare Moon incident...not really proven though."

She gently pushed Hail down and then rubbed her palms together, a small arc of energy shooting from both hands before she looked down at the pegasus.

"Unless you want us to relocate anywhere, I want you to relax and let me work."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/12/2013, 4:10 am

Hailstone nodded and closed her eyes. She let her mind clear and the sound of the room fade away as she entered a meditative trance.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/12/2013, 4:15 am

Fas took a breath, then let it out slowly, the glowing on her hands seeming to focus more on specific contact points on her hands, mostly on her palms and fingertips.

She leaned over the large pegasus and began to slowly knead at the thick muscle in the middle of her upper back, along her spine, sending in magic to loosen the mass and stimulate the nerves while slowly working her way down the spine.

A few pops sounded as she pressed hard on the spine above the junction of Hailstone's wings, sending in another wave of magical stimulation.

The muscles along Hail's back were very thick, expected of a mare that's farmed and pulled heavy equipment, but now the muscles were very tensed up, especially around where the magic first started to dim or fracture.

Fas gave a mental sigh, knowing that she had a lot of work ahead of her.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/12/2013, 4:19 am

Hailstone wasn't going to admit the kind of pain the procedure was causing her to anypony. Fas knew what she was doing, after all. Wasn't it going to help her in the end? As she moved up her wing muscles, she felt like she was being stabbed over and over by hot knives and needles, whilst having the bone bent over a solid surface.

She grit her teeth as she continued her meditation, hoping, that when it ended, it would be helpful.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/12/2013, 4:33 am

Fas could still feel the muscles tensing up, which made her raise a brow, but the griffon was confident enough that she was doing something right. Through her hands, she could feel the paths the magic in Hail took slowly opening back up.

She backed off on how much magic she was putting through Hailstone in order to finish up on her spinal region.

Now she had to work on the major areas: Hail's wings.

Her eyes began to glow as she lightly grabbed the wings where they connected to Hail's body, using her thumb and index finger to press and massage the spots, sending another pulse of magical stimuli to relax her more.

Fas's eyes widened a little when she saw the magical fracturing fluctuate, negative responses going through the paths and lines into Hail's body.

She gave a small curse.

'Rookie mistake. Magic fracturing affects her nerves. Need to tune my magic so she starts feeling a positive response.'

She sighed as the magic in her hands dimmed, the griffon speaking.

"Sorry if I'm causing you pain Hailstone. My magic is supposed to be relaxing you...but the magic breaks are messing around with your nerves, especially on your wings."

Her hands changed from green to red, then to yellow, and then into blue, the process slowly repeating.

"I'm going to try to tune into the magic so I can manipulate your nerve endings to receive positive responses..."

She still lightly massaged the limbs of her wings before moving up a little.

"...just be ready, because the sensations are going to start changing. As I said before, just relax, and let me work. I know what I'm doing. If you start to feel unbearable pain, immediately let me know."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/12/2013, 4:36 am

Hailstone's first reaction to the change in frequency was laughter. Apparently the first sensation was that of tickling. She had trouble keeping herself under control until a wave of sadness slammed into her like a train. It lifted and turned to intense feelings of embarrassment, before finally it settled on a sense of peace.

"There."

She resumed her meditative state, riding the waves of peace and tranquility.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/12/2013, 4:44 am

Fas gave a small sigh of relief as her hands stopped on the frequency, her palms and fingertips now glowing white, a shade lighter than Temporal's, though she was a little confused why she was seeing streaks of black going down her fingers and resting in the middle of her hands.

She just shrugged it off. Magic was ever-changing, so Hail's was probably a little more unique.

She gave a small breath as she increased the stimulation from her magic as she reached the first major break of magic, slowly pushing and directing Hail's magic with her own in hopes of re-establishing the connections. She gently dulled the nerve endings and gave a hard push of magic, her eyes following the glowing white vein that suddenly traced its way to the very tip of Hail's wing.

Fas smiled and spoke.

"First break fixed. How do you feel?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/12/2013, 4:57 am

Hail shrugged. "I would have to use weather wing to determine that."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/12/2013, 5:49 am

Fas rolled her eyes with a small smile and went back to massaging Hail's right wing, tracing her talons around and through the feathers in hopes of cutting off any magic that was bleeding away.

She found the next fracture, this one instead of simply stopping, was scattering magic into different directions. Fas's fingers stretched out as she gently used her magic to grab the parts splitting away, using her own magic's force to tug and push them back into place until the vein of magic was running stronger and in one direction.

She sighed again.

"Alright, second fracture repaired. Got a few more to do before I'm finished with the primary stuff."

She ran a talon straight over Hail's wing and smiled faintly as she spread more stimulation magic to relax the pegasus more.

"Alright...this next one you'll probably feel. It's split into two and has created a branching path when there should only be one. Sealing one branch off and strengthening the other might tingle a little."

She massaged deeply into the lithe muscle of Hail's wing as she used the magic in her other hand to practically force and tug the branching pattern higher up to meld back into the main one it was connected to.

Fas's hand emitted a spark of energy as it connected the two paths, Fas's entire arm momentarily going a little tingly before it disappeared.

"Branch redirected back into main path. Path strengthened. That does it for this wing."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/12/2013, 6:28 am

Hailstone nodded and flicked her wing upwards. A small burst of wind whipped off the end and she smiled. "Much better."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/12/2013, 6:38 am

Fas smiled as she gently held the other wing.

"It's what I'm here for....just remember that this is temporary, but if you find your magic acting up, make sure to see me or Red."

She got started on the other wing, again tapping into her magical frequency, this time immediately, and started to fix the breaks.

She frowned and stopped as she saw a large vein of magic that was pretty much stopped at one point.

Fas sighed.

"Hail, you have a major vein of magic that's completely block off and going into different directions...this might either hurt, or feel very strange once it's unblocked..."

She smiled faintly and fed more stimulation magic into Hail's wing.

"This could explain any misdirections or misuse of energy when doing Weather Wing though."

She began to push on the vein of magic and spoke.

"I'm going to unleash the magical block, and I'm telling you now that, if this doesn't go smoothly, I'll probably be blasted from a gust of wind into the wall, but if it goes smoothly, it'll just feel like your wing got heavier and energized for a moment."

She pushed harder on the barrier.

"Stay in your meditative state, and this will go great."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/12/2013, 6:46 am

The sudden sense of completeness in her wing had her give a small shout of pain and surprise, as even that amount of pain surpassed her tolerance in an instant. She reflexively moved into a defensive position, retracting her wings and showing her side to the medic. A huge blush of embarassment filled her face and she extended her wing again.

"Sorry," she said quietly.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/12/2013, 6:49 am

Fas calmly ran a talon through Hail's wing and through her feathers.

"It's alright. I'm not pulling myself out of the ceiling, so I think that went rather well..."

She calmly held the wing, looking it over.

"Magic Blockage cleared. Magic is nearly complete."

She began to trace the feathers on Hail's wing, smiling faintly.

"All you had was a blockage. Now I just need to stop some magic being bleed through your feathers, and I'll be done. Alright?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/12/2013, 6:57 am

Hailstone nodded. "You may have to do this between matches, if it is permitted. I don't know if they will allow healing between matches."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/12/2013, 8:17 am

Fas grunted faintly as some magic feedback made her hand tingle.

"I surely hope they do allow healing...depending on how much of your magic you use, I'm going to have to keep you patched up. A sudden blockage while in the middle of Weather Wing could prove to be....damaging."

She gave a faint smirk as her hand absorbed a little excess magic near Hail's primaries.

"Of course, if there is no rule against healing, then it's a loophole I'm willing to exploit, no matter how much the other Houses complain."

She scratched her chin, then gave a small chuckle as she pulled her hand away from Hail's wing.

"Just don't spend too much time kicking ass, and if you ever go against a unicorn, make sure they don't focus too much on your wings with their grip or spells. Two reasons being that they will either damage your magical flow even more, or they'll receive sudden magical backlash that could REALLY hurt them back...."

She looked at the pegasus and gave a rueful smile.

"...and trust me, I've had it happen to me before, and I'll tell ya...it really. Frickin'. Hurt."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/12/2013, 12:00 pm

Hailstone smiled. "I suppose then we'll see."

----

The moon was still low on the horizon when the clatter of metal plates could be heard in the twilight before dawn. Each of the guards slipped into their own custom-made armor, fastening the canvas straps as tight as they could manage - no one wanted to have them come loose in the tournament.

Brimstone was first in line in the morning, joining a place amongst Dalila and Temporal. The classic flag of Commander Hurricane flapped in the gentle morning breeze, as he held it proudly in front of his fellows.

It was only about ten minutes until all of them were assembled. Lightning strolled out onto her balcony without her helm - instead, braided into her hair was her lightning pin and a stoic look on her face. She nodded to Brimstone.

"Attention!" He called out. A crisp shuffle of metal was the only response. "Forward, march!"

It was a surprise that many in her town had come out for the fanfare. Batponies who were up 'late' gave salutes and cheers to them as they passed, while others followed behind to join them on the train to Canterlot. Other ponies who were up early came to see them off, waving flags just like the banner Brimstone was carrying. They shuffled onto the train and waved goodbye as it left on an express route to Canterlot.

On the train, Lightning sat in her private car with Fas, Red, Dalila, and Temporal. She had asked the others to leave for a moment so she could discuss strategy and a last check on her troops.

"So, I've double checked the lists and ensured we are all locked in for participation. Null and Void, and Signal Flare and Whippoorwill are in the pairs matches. In weapons only, we have Hailstone, Inferno, Signal Flare again, Dalila, Latitude, and Vertigo. Magic only, we have Temporal and Bolt. And everyone but Whippoorwill and Temporal are in the main tournament.” She looked up from her list and rubbed her eye with her unshoed forehoof. β€œIs there anything else of importance I should know? Problems in discipline or health issues that have come up?”

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/12/2013, 12:09 pm

Fas immediately spoke up, shuffling her cloak for a moment before speaking.

"I think I'll have to keep a close eye on Hailstone for the time-being. Her wings are going to be a major source of magical backlash. If they allow it, I'm going to be working on her wings after each match. I need to make sure that her magic paths aren't blocked..."

She gave a small smirk and leaned back, glancing at Red.

"Besides that, I think we're okay. Red and I will be keeping the good guards up and walking."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/12/2013, 12:19 pm

Lightning nodded. "Good. I want to make sure no one gets any permanent injuries in this tournament. I fully expect that Platinum and Puddinghat will not be playing fair. Moreso Platinum than Puddinghat."

She placed her gauntlet back on and rose. "The tournament will be held at the castle gardens in front of almost all of Canterlot and some from Manehatten - mostly its elite. That means we may have almost a hundred thousand ponies watching us. In the clouds, will be the elite and watchers from Cloudsdale. So all in all, perhaps 150,000 ponies will be watching this tournament field. I've heard almost all of the gardens have been converted into a stadium. It's a big deal with five different stages."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony IV
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next