HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Lights of Harmony IV

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   23/11/2013, 2:05 pm

Gold took a seat next to Lightning while the others simply piled in, though Fas took a seat on the Princess's other side, her Vigilate training telling her to keep an eye on Princess Luna. The guards simply took the seats behind and next to Lightning and the rest, almost forming a protective half-circle.

Gold sighed as she leaned back a little in the padded seats, giving a small stretch.

"Here for barely ten minutes and already we were swamped. Just as long as they don't start giving marriage proposals or pull a knife, I'm good."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   23/11/2013, 2:21 pm

"There won't be anything that serious," Lightning said. She leaned back in the seat and smiled at Quick Wit sitting on the stage besides many of the teachers. "This is a graduation. More than likely, there are future workers for every house here."

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   23/11/2013, 2:26 pm

Stone chuckled from beside Gold.

"From how many scathing looks we're getting from the richer ponies, I'm not entirely convinced those 'workers' will be going anywhere near us. We were lucky with Wit I think."

Gold elbowed the larger mare.

"Don't be such a downer Stone. You're making me feel depressed."

Stone only smiled and rolled her eyes while on the other side of the Princess, Fas spoke up to the lunar mare.

"So Your Majesty, how have things been in Canterlot recently? Anything troubling, or rather spectacular in nature?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   23/11/2013, 2:39 pm

"Neither. I have actually been in the Crystal Empire since your move on diplomatic business. It is always nice to see Princess Cadance when I have the chance."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   23/11/2013, 2:42 pm

Fas gave a small smile.

"Ah, yes, always good to keep good ties with the Crystal Empire, but of course it's much better to visit your kin as well."

Fas tilted her head back to think for a moment before Gold spoke up.

"How much longer til we start? The lack of fun things in this room is sucking the life out of me already."

Stone lightly bopped her on the top of her head, speaking a little firmly, but lightly.

"Don't start whining Gold, it'll start soon."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   23/11/2013, 4:59 pm

The opening ceremony was rather boring. Lightning, while she was totally tuned in, Feral was having difficulty understanding what was going on. She'd never heard of an achievement such as the one Quick Wit was having, but she was unsure of what most of the gist of the conversation was.

"Now, without further ado, may I introduce Miss Quick Wit, class Valedictorian, and the highest achiever in University history."

A round of applause thundered in the room as she took the stage. Her body was shaking from nervousness, and sweat beaded down her head. She was a wreck of emotions, barely held together. But when she saw Lightning and the whole household in front of her, she found the courage to stabilize her.

"Fillies, gentlecolts, academics, heads of houses, and of course, her majesty, Princess Luna. Today we are gathered to mark one of the greatest steps of achievements in our lives - one that will define us for many ages to come. It will make us, build us up like mountains high above the valley... or break us upon the rocks of the distant shores of a home long forgotten. This step forward is one that we do not take lightly, or without conscious thought."

"As we enter the working world ahead of us, we have the opportunity to reflect on what brought us here today. Whether it be by taking advantage of extraordinary opportunities, or by hard work and determination, we have earned the right to say that we are of the scholarly elite because we have earned that place. Now, as such, we are able to say that we are role models that will help the next generation of ponies, dreaming of their futures, attend higher learning for themselves - for their sakes."

"I know what it means to have aspirations. I was raised an orphan here in Canterlot, a child who's parents died in an unfortunate fire while they slept. I was lucky to have been rescued, while my parents could not have been. I pondered that question for a long time, escaping to the world of books and studies to distract myself from the question of 'why me'?"

"Princess Luna was the first to give me an answer I could latch onto. She said, 'Why dwell on an answer that you cannot find, when you could instead focus on what will you do with what is given?' It was a harder question to answer. One I had no answer for. But now, here before you, I have an answer. I will make my family I've never met, proud of who I am. As they watch from the stars, I will give them a reason to shine their light in my direction. So shall your parents and your ancestors watch you until we all join them in the endless tapestry."

"Until then, let us burn as bright as the sun, and become a shining example of what it means to be a graduate of Canterlot University!"

She tossed her hat into the air, as the crowd of excited students leapt up in the air and tossed their caps above them.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   23/11/2013, 5:13 pm

Gold and the others joined in the applause for the graduates, and it brought a grin to even Whippoorwill's muzzle as the graduates hugged each other, spoke with excited tones, everything that many would expect from them.

Fas gave a grin as well as she watched Quick Wit up on the stage, clapping her hands together.

She could see a few of the students still giving looks at Wit, but the mare looked so caught up in the emotions that she probably didn't notice.

This was her time, and Fas was going to be there with Lightning and the others to show her that it's her time.

Gold spoke up from beside Lightning.

"Maybe we should go to Repo's, or Ice's to celebrate. I wanna SEE Wit enjoy her graduation and KNOW that she's relaxing for the time being."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   24/11/2013, 1:45 pm

Lightning nodded. "Don't worry, we'll manage something."

-----

Outside on the green, while the after graduation reception began to wane, Quick Wit had actually retreated to the punches and sandwiches set out for the students and guests. Her magic levitated the glass of iced tea off the table when somepony strolled over to her.

"Godesses, you 'aven't changed a bit, 'ave you?"

She turned her head and focused in on a grey pony with little white spots and mottling all over his coat. His navy blue mane hung loosely in a pony tail behind his head, and his tail was docked short. A black fedora atop his head, and glasses on the bridge of his muzzle seemed to hide whatever was familliar about him from her.

"Have... have we met?" She asked.

He rolled his emerald eyes and laughed. "'ave we met, she says. Godesses, Witty, y'don't know who I am?"

She cocked her head to the side.

"It's me! Type Set? We were inseparable in the orphanage."

Her eyes lit up. "Serious? Type Set! Wow, goodness it's been ages."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   24/11/2013, 2:13 pm

Gold was currently trying to find Lightning at the moment, since the fray of students moving out of the auditorium had separated her from her love. Flying was out of the question, since she couldn't even open her wings without hitting someone.

A few ponies were giving looks while others were trying to get out of the pegasus's way.

She bumped into another mare, knocking her to the side by accident.

"Sorry, didn't see you."

The mare just huffed and went another direction, Gold giving the mare a scathing look before continuing.

She sighed as a stallion brushed past her, seemingly eager to talk to someone else.

The gold-maned pegasus muttered to herself.

"Screw this, I'm going outside."

With those words, she started pushing her way towards the exit.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   26/11/2013, 3:55 am

Feral had never felt so on the defensive in her entire life. While normally crowds of ponies were good for her - the noise they made happened to make it easier for her to 'see' the area around her. But there was a tipping point. Somewhere along the line, the volume level would be too high, and would ruin her skills of navigation.

So, rather than be overwhelmed, she just sat down wherever she was - the middle of the room near the exit - and waited for somepony she knew to walk by.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   26/11/2013, 6:01 am

Luckily for Feral, Stone and Fas were cleaving a swath through the large crowds of ponies, Stone's heat giving her an edge while Fas's intimidating looks made other ponies want to move away.

Stone spoke up.

"My graduation wasn't this big..."

Fas chuckled.

"Probably because you weren't in a university lavishly built for the 'special' ponies that studied here. Right now, I just want to get out of here and breathe some fresh air."

Stone nodded, then spotted someone sitting still near the door, a lot of the ponies passing giving Feral a scathing look, most turning their noses and others simply turning their heads.

Fas could hear a few saying some rather nasty words, and her blood began to boil as she charged through the crowd and spoke so Feral could hear her.

"Feral? It's me, Fas. Let's get you out of here and into some open ground...and out of this stuffy atmosphere."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   27/11/2013, 9:33 am

Feral nodded simply, saddling herself alongside them. "Where are the others?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   27/11/2013, 10:23 am

Fas shrugged against Feral while Stone spoke up.

"I saw Gold fly out a moment ago, but I lost track of the others. We were lucky to find you, and now we're out searching for them. Right now, I wanna find Lightning and Wit."

Fas spoke this time.

"Lightning's probably with Mist, and Wit might be out enjoying the food or something."

She pulled Feral along as they left the area, Stone speaking up this time.

"At least they can take care of themselves."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 1:43 pm

Feral frowned at the comment, but said nothing.

---

It was almost an hour before they were able to group up on the campus without being hindered by fans and other students. Lightning muzzled Feral and her mares affectionately as Wit stood next to the guards in her cap and gown with a big smile on her face.

"Thanks for coming with me. I really appreciate it."

Lightning smiled. The group began moving onto the streets towards the train station. "Anytime Wit. I would see any of you receiving an honor such as this. I wouldn't think to do otherwise."

Brimstone was about to say something when his senses kicked in. He flicked his eyes down the main steet and narrowed his eyes. The Platinum family flag blazoned at the front of the group coming up the street. Lightning narrowed her eyes and got a little closer to Gold. "Everything ok? You seemed a little upset earlier. Not a fan of crowds?"

She intentionally ignored the Platinum house as they closed in on one another.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 2:04 pm

Gold glanced at the other House, then back at Lightning and offered a sheepish smile.

"Not entirely...crowds make me feel claustrophobic, esPlupecially when I think there could be someone hostile just waiting for us..."

She shrugged.

"But most of the problem was that I had nowhere to move. Kept getting shoved to and for, all that stuff."

Meanwhile, Inferno could feel the air getting tenser and heavier, almost as though there was imminent doom coming. Her training had her closing in on Lightning and her mares a little more, glancing at Brimstone and the others, who nodded just barely in understanding.

Even Fas and Mist were feeling antsy, since they knew that all it could take was a snide remark to start a little battle in the streets.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 2:22 pm

Someone from inside the carriage looked over their gathering and ordered them to a stop. The stallion inside opened the door and walked out. "Lady Lightning," he said cordially. "Do you have a moment of time?"

Lightning narrowed her eyes further but ordered a halt as well. "I do, although for what, you have yet to mention."

He gave a genuine smile and bowed. "Forgive me. I am aware that you are busy, but I have just arrived from our offices in the sands of Saddle Arabia. My name is Lord Lazuli."

"Lady White Lightning," she said tersely.

He winced. "I realize that you have no reason to pay me the respect my family has never shown you, but I assure you, I am not under the same agreement that they seem to have made. Is my daughter's cousin well?"

Lightning raised an eyebrow. Lazuli was older - perhaps 50 or so with a greying mane and a salt and pepper beard, shortly cropped against his deep blue coat. Lightning wasn't about to let her guard down, but she nodded. "My sister is doing quite well, thank you."

He smiled and nodded. "Lovely to hear that. I trust she is of good health in your care. I am looking forward to the tournament on Friday. I hear that the Princesses are finally joining us in competition. It will be quite the show."

Lightning nodded. "Quite."

He laughed, wheezing slightly at the end. "Well, hopefully these old bones will let me sit through the tournament with ease. Both of your fathers would be proud of you, I'm sure of it. Perhaps we could sit down and talk for a while sometime."

Lightning gave a polite smile and nodded. "Perhaps."

Some of the Platinum guards shot him and angry look as he climbed into the carriage once again. "Until Friday, Lady Hurricane." With that, his caravan passed them and went on its way.

After a moment Brimstone looked at Lightning. "M'Lady? Uh... What just happened?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 2:31 pm

Gold was scratching her head in confusion.

"Banner looked real enough....not sure someone could get away with mocking the Platinum's banner..."

Stone only let a small sigh of relief while Inferno, who was next to the large mare, was mirroring Gold's actions.

"Did not see that coming...."

She smirked.

"Maybe there's some good blood in the Platinum House after all..."

Fas nodded faintly.

"I was wondering when we would see someone good..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 2:36 pm

Brimstone frowned. "The guards didn't seem too happy about him, so perhaps there is some turmoil inside the house? In any case, I feel that it may be a dangerous game on Friday. We have one last week to train, and then... We will take that trophy."

Lightning nodded. "I know you will. You will all make me proud."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 2:57 pm

The week passed by fast, the training of the Storm Hammers only getting harder, but they never wavered, every one of them refusing to give up no matter how hard their Lady and Dalila pushed them. Even the evening training between Brimstone, Inferno, and Hailstone carried on until each of them got better with their Weather Wing.

It was now a day before the tourney, and they were training harder than ever.

Inferno gave a harsh grunt as she felt her legs burn from the running, but she only gave a grin and another grunt as she kept up with the group, near Hail and Brim. Even Nightwind was with them for the time-being.

Back at the house, Gold gave a small yawn, but grinned as she finished her breakfast of Prench toast with a fruit salad on the side.

Across from her was Lightning, and Gold still grinned as she spoke.

"Pressure's on, isn't it?"

She glanced outside the window and saw the guards coming in for another lap.

"Nice to see they haven't slowed down at all this past week..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 3:07 pm

Lightning nodded. "I've never seen them work so hard in the whole month they've been here. Its heart warming, and slightly concerning. We're supposed to only go a half day so they don't hurt themselves before the tournament tomorrow. I think they'll go the whole day without me saying something."

She stretched out her fully feathered wing and smiled. At the beginning of the week, she started training with the guards again, just to make sure she hadn't lost anything over the time when she was sick."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 3:28 pm

Gold simply smiled.

"Hey, they're here to be your Storm Hammers. Never really seen them this passionate about doing their training. As long as they don't overdue it, they should do fine..."

Fas entered the room with a sigh, a scroll in her hand as she sat at the table and placed it down.

"Hate to interrupt, but I got a letter from Idris..."

She gave a small smile at Lightning.

"Nothing serious.....Just that there are a few on the Council that'll be attending the games, and Idris apparently wants to see us again, see how we are doing...."

She tapped her chin.

"He'll probably want to talk to you about a meeting later too....maybe about having the Vigilate in the area..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 3:41 pm

Lightning looked up from her teacup and raised an eyebrow. "I somewhat expected that. But Idris? I'm happy its someone we know and can trust."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 3:55 pm

Gold gave a small chuckle.

"Yeah, I was wondering where the stallion went. Haven't seen him since the fight with Noble Victory..."

She drifted off from the conversation as she thought over the events, and Fas spoke up and snapped her out of it.

"What's in the past is in the past. I'm just happy that we have someone capable to watch over too..."

She looked outside, then sighed as she flexed her wings.

"I guess I'll watch over their training with Dalila. And see where Red is too. We need to make sure those ponies don't over-exert themselves..."

The training passed fast for the guards, especially since they were used to a whole day of training, but now it was a little into the afternoon, and their training was nearing an end.

Inferno slid the claymore into the scabbard and put it onto the weapon's rack, sighing a little as she looked up at Hailstone.

"This is it Hail....last day before the tourney....pretty exciting, isn't it?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 4:25 pm

Hailstone nodded. "Yes. I am." She hung her armor on its stand and stretched. "I will see you at dinner."

She walked across the field, and entered the mansion from the back door. Desert Wind and Ruby were making something on the table and they looked up as she entered before returning to their work... whatever it was. She caught a glimpse of Fas in the living room and entered.

"Miss Fas? I require some assistance. I apologize for not coming sooner, because Brimstone has been assisting me, but I believe I cannot improve any farther without medical care for my wings."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/12/2013, 4:30 pm

Fas furrowed her brows as she put a glass down, getting up from her seat on the couch.

"Well....I guess you can follow me to the examiner's room and we'll take a look at your wings then. The last thing we need is a pegasus with bad wings."

She gave a reassuring smile and started walking, gesturing with a hand.

"Follow me. I'll take a look at them."

As they started walking, she spoke up again.

"So extra training huh? Tell me what it is you're looking for and all that so I don't go in blindly. Is there a pain or something that's bothering you?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony IV
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next