HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Lights of Harmony IV

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   17/8/2013, 8:38 am

Fas didn't want to ask what Lightning knew of the former Princess Sapphire, but frankly she could care less about the mare.

Chances are she would've been assassinated anyways within a decade.

The griffon nodded at Lightning and was lightly looking Void over.

"She's fine. I mean, I checked her within minutes she collapsed, and I haven't found anything wrong on a lighter level. I've seen recruits in the Vigilate fall like this as well, so I know a bit about it."

She sighed and gently pulled Void onto her back, her wings keeping her in place.

"She just needs to rest and should be alright once she's had a full amount of sleep."

She scratched her head and sighed again as she looked at Lightning.

"Take word from a medic: Make sure she doesn't overdo it again. Some early morning and late night exercise and training may be beneficial, but doing it until you're already exhausted and then going into a full training regiment right after is only going to do harm. I hate being blunt, but that's how it is..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   17/8/2013, 9:53 am

Lightning nodded. "Of course I know that. I had no idea she was out last night or early, early this morning. If I had known, I would have sent her to bed."

She frowned and looked on as Inferno arrived from her helping of laps. "Hailstone, can you bring her to her room?"

Hailstone nodded. "I will watch her until practice begins."

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   17/8/2013, 10:29 am

Inferno's brow was furrowed as she stepped up, but before she could speak, Fas spoke.

"That'd be a good idea. I don't want her up until she's ready. If she had continued, she'd have damaged her legs."

She sighed and rubbed the back of her neck.

"Geez....this is going to be a tough month...I know I'm a trained medic, but I can't deal with a squad of Guards, especially ones these well-trained. I'd get swamped and someone could get hurt."

Inferno finally spoke up.

"What about another medic?"

Fas looked at her and Inferno gave a sheepish smile at the looks everyone else was giving.

"Hear me out, I studied a lot of books about warfare before I joined the guard. Each squad of Guards usually had around three unicorns that could heal them. The third medic would be a backup, but since you have shown to be a great fighter, you can count yourself as two medics."

Fas stared at Inferno, and the pegasus was expecting a retort or even a small insult, but she didn't expect fas to gain a small thoughtful look and asked her a question.

"But what about Null and Void? A unicorn would be useless with those two."

Inferno actually grinned and answered.

"Well, you can handle them. Besides, you have hands, and that gives you an advantage. You get a unicorn, train him or her in the art of field medicine and magic, and then you can take a load of your back!"

Fas was still staring at the fiery pegasus with a thoughtful expression, then turned her head to look at Lightning.

"Lightning? Do we have enough on the payroll to get another medic? I'm sure that there's a few ponies that would line up to help. We'd have to get a pony, not specifically a unicorn, that has at least the basics of medical magic down."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   17/8/2013, 11:13 am

Lightning tapped her hoof against her chin. "To be honest? If I loan out the tapestries in the hallway, I can get another 3000 bits a month from the Fillydelphia Museum of History. I've been meaning to anyway, just to make sure that the vault is still growing quickly. So yeah. There's plenty more history contracts that haven't gone into effect yet either, so. Sure."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   17/8/2013, 11:46 am

Fas smiled and nodded at Inferno.

"That was a great idea Inferno. Now we can get things done faster here, and I won't get swamped."

She then looked at Lightning.

"And thanks love. Hell, I could even loan out some of my artifacts to raise the bits, but this can do."

The griffon scratched her chin as she looked up at the sky.

"But now....where can we get ourselves a pony with basic medical training? I don't think having another Vigilate we don't know would be a good idea.....we could recruit someone from a hospital, or maybe even someone from the Guard."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   17/8/2013, 11:54 am

Lightning shrugged. "Maybe one will just show up at our front door. That seems to happen rather often." She laughed and waved a hoof. "Kidding, kidding. On a serious note, why don't you do that? You'll be tutoring them in your knowledge, so it would be best to find someone you can trust. I will trust anyone you do."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   17/8/2013, 1:06 pm

Fas shrugged.

"I suppose I could call for a friend, but I don't know a lot of ponies, zebras, or griffons that at least grasp medical knowledge. I'm hoping for an individual that at least knows the basics, so I don't have to tell them what makes up a heart or where you put a tourniquet."

Fas was scratching her chin until Temporal spoke up.

"What about Jabari?"

The griffon gained a thoughtful look, but then shook her head.

"Nah, I don't think he'd go for it. I mean, he's...."

Temporal giggled.

"Strange? Come on, he's nice. He's Dalila's old friend. They're even from the same tribe."

Fas rubbed her neck.

"He's not really a medic though. I don't remember having him in any classes. I think he's an instructor or something...."

The griffon gave a helpless look at Lightning.

"Sorry Lightning. For once, none of us really know anyone in the medicine business, short of going to a hospital and hiring a random nurse or doctor."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   18/8/2013, 2:41 am

"Why not ask around town? There's bound to be somepony who knows somepony that we can at least investigate. Wit told me there are some familiar faces around town to... Gold, I think. I believe she's spouted that she knows everypony around. You could also go back to Ponyville and ask Pinkie Pie. She actually does know everypony in Ponyville."

Lightning grabbed a hold of her helmet and placed it on the table. She began to put on her armor, piece by piece as she mulled it over. There were opportunities to hire out of school, but those were slim chances. Most hospitals had internships. Plus, any doctor that was training to help ponies wouldn't be keen on treating injured warriors. That took a different kind of pony.

"Maybe you could ask if the militias have anypony? Fillydelphia and Vanhoover have militias out of proximity to the Everfree and the north, respectively. Heck, Cloudsdale still has one too."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   18/8/2013, 6:17 am

Fas scratched her chin for a moment before nodded, giving a small grin.

"I think I could head out to town and see if there's anyone around that I can ask. Hell, I could ask this 'Clay Hoof' that Gold knows. Don't really know what he looks like, but I guess I can ask Gold, then head on out...."

She shrugged.

"Besides, I need to search for a few things. Stone can help me with that, since I think Gold is busy with some stuff."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   18/8/2013, 12:23 pm

"Sure," Lightning said. She grabbed hold of the last strap and pulled it tight. Today, she would begin some small sparring matches to demonstrate weather wing's advantage in combat.

She trotted over to the door and opened it. "I'll be back for lunch."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   18/8/2013, 12:56 pm

Fas gave a small wave.

"Alrighty. Chances are that I'll be gone for a bit, so I'll catch ya when I can. For now, I'm goign to go look for Clay Hoof."

She turned and let Lightning go, walking towards the stairs, climbing them, then going down the hall she has seen so much of now.

The griffon found the large mare in the Sun Room with Gold, the pegasus wearing her small round glasses as she used a pencil to type on a calculator and write down more numbers while Stone was holding a chart.

Fas motioned to get their attention.

"Yo Stone, I'm gonna need your help looking for a stallion. Do you know Clay Hoof?"

Stone and Gold both perked at the name, with both smiling faintly.

Stone spoke.

"I know him. Only met him once, but he should remember me..."

She looked at Gold.

"You can handle the expenses while I'm gone, right?"

Gold gave a nod and pecked Stone and cheek before sitting back at the desk, once again writing down numbers.

Stone motioned to Fas as she pulled some saddlebags on.

"Well, let's go then."

Fas lazily flew through the air while Stone trotted down the street, her eyes scanning the thin crowds in hopes of finding the familiar form of Clay Hoof. It may have been a while, but the large grey mare still knew what he looked like.

He'd likely be near where there was art, or some sculpting going on...

She sighed.

"This might take awhile..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   18/8/2013, 1:50 pm

Clay Hoof brought down the hammer softly against the back of the chisel. The gentle tapping of metal against stone filled the air, and bounced between the buildings behind him. His partners from yesterday had already finished part of it, and now they were going at it once more. It might take a few more days, but his inspiration was aflame.

He drew away the chisel and smiled. It was a good place to break for lunch. "I'm going to grab my sandwich girls. Once I get the dust out of my coat, at least."

He rolled his eyes at their giggles as he brushed himself off.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   18/8/2013, 1:59 pm

Fas was idly floating in the air while Stone was talking with a batpony mare that they hoped had seen Clay Hoof. While she did an idle loop, she noticed a stallion and some other mares surrounding a small stand with some stone on it about two blocks away.

Stone had told her Clay Hoof's features, so the griffon immediately landed next to Stone.

"No need for questions Stone, I think I found him."

Stone nodded, said her thanks to the mare she was speaking with, and started trotting after Fas, who was now in the air again leading them.

They arrived a minute later while Clay seemed to be finishing getting dust off of him, with Fas landing a few feet away from him.

She spoke to him as Stone walked up behind her.

"You Clay Hoof? Friend to Gold Andromeda?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   18/8/2013, 2:21 pm

The earth pony nodded and lifted his lunchbox in his mouth. He set it down on a flat piece of marble and kicked it open. "That would be me. And you'd be her mates," He smiled and hugged them both at the same time. "Stone Wall, you're looking grand as ever! And forgive me Miss," he said towards Fas, "but I don't know your name."

He grabbed his sandwich and took a big chunk out of it. "How ca' I hel' 'ou?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   18/8/2013, 2:28 pm

Fas smirked.

"Most call me 'Fas'.

Stone bowed her head faintly and smiled.

"And it's great to see you again Clay. Haven't seen you in ages."

Fas took over after Stone.

"Well, just to avoid beating around the bush, we've recently found out that we need someone we can trust to serve as a medic alongside me. Taking care of a squad of guards is going to be more than I alone can handle. We need someone we can trust, yet knows at least the basics about medicine."

She gave a small grin to Clay.

"We want to ask around instead of putting an add out, so we're starting with ponies we know. So, do you know anyone we can talk to?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   19/8/2013, 6:11 am

Clay swallowed the bite of his sandwich. "Makes sense. There was another herd around town when I lived in Fillydelphia. Gold knew one or two of them but I knew the whole crew. One of the stallions in the herd was given a swift kick from the herd because he mated out of turn. They didn't find out until after she was born, so they kicked him out of the herd with the newborn foal. Full custody and everything. One of my mates back in the town wet nursed for his kid. That was years and years ago back before Gold came along. She met that herd once almost seven years after that manure. Never can remember if she met him."

He swallowed down the remainder of of his food. "Red Cross, was his name. Parents disowned him too, so he's on his own with her. Last letter I got from him a few days ago was him giving back bits I lent him for her food. Said he dipped into the only savings he had to get us squared. I sent it back, but I haven't heard from him since."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   19/8/2013, 6:17 am

Fas scratched her chin at the name.

"Red Cross....I think I remember reading that name in a militia listing. We'll probably have to check him out to see if he is the right stallion for the job."

She looked back at Clay with a small smile.

"Do you know his address or anything? If not, we can just ask around until his name rings a bell. I'm rather good at finding others, after all..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   19/8/2013, 7:13 am

"Yeah. 2025 Trottingham Avenue. It's near the city hall, but don't let that fool you. He gets his housing from working for the militia. It gives the appearance that he's doing alright, but only he and I really know. All of his bits go to her school, her food, and in general, whatever she needs."

He opened his lunchbox again and pulled out a thermos of iced tea. "Personally, I think she knows he's having a rough time, but she hasn't said anything. Never asks for anything. I send her birthday gifts, but I'm not sure how he scrapes enough to give her a dinner out of the house for her special day. Probably from his non-existent savings."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   19/8/2013, 7:26 am

Stone sighed as she spoke.

"Well, if he has abilities that we need, then he's going to give his daughter the life she deserves."

Fas nodded at Stone, then looked back at Clay.

"Thanks for the help Clay. Looks like the household might get another medic soon."

She gestured at his work and grinned.

"And you know, I actually have an eye for some art. I just might commission you sometime for a sculpture."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   19/8/2013, 7:28 am

Clay smiled. "Sure thing. Speaking of, I need to get back to it."

He placed down his thermos and grabbed the hammer in his mouth. He bowed and grabbed his chisel before moving back to his place on the arch.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   19/8/2013, 8:16 am

Fas said her goodbyes with Stone as they both headed out of the area, Fas once again hovering as she tapped her chin.

"I guess we're heading to Fillydelphia. At least this didn't take as along as I thought. Better to check with Lightning, then pack up for a trip tomorrow. It'll take us a decent part of a day to arrive, so we might have to compensate for staying a day in Fillydelphia, then heading back, with or without Red Cross and his daughter."

Stone nodded.

"Sounds good. Time to head back now."

Fas started flying higher as Stone's pace quickened, rather eager to get home and help Gold with the expenses. Fas simply wanted to be at the field and make sure Void wasn't damaging herself, should she be awake already. In which case, Fas would put her out and take her back to her room in the staff house.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   19/8/2013, 11:16 pm

Lightning rolled to the right, dodging a strike from Vertigo's spear. He was holding back intentionally, and the strike was shallow. She frowned. Her orders were to actually try to hurt her. As the second strike came around she lazily caught it with her wing. A look of surprise had him hesitate longer than she needed. A blast of air came with her strike of the other wing and he tumbled back several strides, laying prone.

She dropped the spear and sighed. "My orders were to actually try and attack. But it seems that you cannot follow that order! None of you!"

She pinched the bridge of her muzzle and grumbled unintelligably. "Get going on your lunch lap!" Before they left, she motioned for Dalila to stay behind. "I need you to go with Quick Wit and try and get a hold of some non-lethal training weapons from the general store. The batponies also have a weapon smith around so they might have some stuff in stock. I'll ask Axel to try and make a few as well."

Almost on que, Quick Wit exited the mansion and trotted over. "Good news, Lightning. The train station is done. You should have seen them work. Twenty ponies and two days - its amazing. They want you to do the ribbon cutting."

"Sure," Lightning said. "I need you and Dalila to head over to the general store. She'll explain on the way."

Quick Wit nodded and left with Dalila. Lightning sat down and let out a deep breath. She needed to get them into shape, but if they weren't willing to even try.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   20/8/2013, 5:46 am

Dalila gave a small sigh as she looked at Quick Wit, the two of them already heading down the path of the hill.

"What Lightning wanted us to do was find some non-lethal training weapons from one of the general stores here in town, since the recruits here can't bring themselves to harm Lightning, even when she ordered them to. We also need to find the blacksmith here and see if we can get other weapons crafted."

She sighed.

"...Not even Inferno or Hailstone could bring themselves to try and harm Lightning. I guess Inferno admires Lightning too much, and I'm not sure about Hailstone...she looked like she was holding back for some reason..."

The zebra looked at Wit.

"For now...I guess we locate that store. Need to get this dine before the recruits finish their lap."

Meanwhile, a familiar stallion stepped out of his smithing tent, patches of ash covering parts of his face and legs. His eyes were a little bloodshot from some of the heat and smoke.

Axle gave a small sigh and stretched, his back giving a series of loud pops from the strain of lifting and crafting metal.

He was rather hungry, especially after he'd been working on some special pieces of armor.

The stallion sighed and trotted towards the house.

He needed a break before he collapsed.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   20/8/2013, 10:46 am

Lightning landed beside Axel with a glass of water expertly balanced on her snout. She gave a smile, trying to belay what she was going to ask of him.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   20/8/2013, 12:24 pm

Axle smiled at Lightning's antics before using a hoof to grab the glass, downing it in one go before sighing and putting it down.

"Thank you Lightning. I was just about to go to Ms. Whisk and ask if she had anything to spare for a blacksmith like me.

She sighed and gave a smaller smile as he rubbed his chin, an orange five o'clock shadow somewhat visible.

"Just to let you know, I've been having quite a time smithing armor and some weapons. I'm out here in order to avoid collapsing from exhaustion...and smoke inhalation, no matter how well ventilated the tent is."

He looked over at the staff house and hummed a little before looking back at Lightning.

"Well, since I'm out here, are there any specific orders that you want done? I've decided to take a break from sketching out designs for that old Wonderbolt helmet I was given and see if anything else needed to be done."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony IV
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next