Share | 

The Lights of Harmony IV

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   13/8/2013, 10:09 am

Hailstone looked at her and nodded, before slipping into her bed. She heard the door shut behind her and she rolled over onto her belly. Within minutes she slipped back into the embrace of her dreams and memories, unsure if she even had the effort to continue that night.

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   13/8/2013, 10:41 am

Inferno sighed as she finally entered her room, falling flat on the bed and using her wing to pull the sheets across her form.

Hailstone could tell her when the big mare was ready. She was tough, so just because she might have demons, it doesn't mean that she's suffering from them like a post-depression drama queen.

Friends would help each other, but they would also give each other space.

The time will come sometime in the future...

With that thought, Inferno finally fell asleep with a small smile on her face, her thoughts filled with her and her comrades wearing the armor of the Storm Hammers, standing proud in front of all the others...

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   14/8/2013, 2:52 am

Lightning looked at the morning twilight above her as she waited patiently in the field for her troops to shuffle out of their beds. They were unusally late to be lined up in the fields this morning. Perhaps because of the move, they thought they were sleeping in. Not the case.

She looked over at Dalila and Temporal. "See who's awake and make sure they're getting ready. Scare the manure out of everypony else."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   14/8/2013, 3:02 am

Dalila and Temporal nodded as they briskly trotted into the staff house and towards the quarters of the guards. The zebra was about to start banging on doors when she saw Hailstone and Inferno moving rather frantically towards them, dressed in full armor.

Inferno ran up and saluted.

"Sorry ma'am! We lost track of the time. We will move on outside right now."

Dalila nodded and gestured for them to move while Temporal looked into the other rooms.

Dalila, seeing an easy solution to finding out who's asleep and who's awake, smirked.

She and Temporal went around and started to bang on the floors and the doors, Dalila yelling with what sounded like anger.

"I WANT ALL GUARDS PRESENT AND ACCOUNTED FOR NOW! I DON'T CARE IF I INTERRUPTED YOUR DREAMS, THIS MOVE DOESN'T MEAN YOU GET TO SLEEP IN! I WANT YOU UP AND MOVING NOW!"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   15/8/2013, 5:15 am

The sound of ponies scrambling to their hooves filled the hallway as several doors swung open. They were in different states of dress and they were not doing well this morning.

Outside as Hailstone and Inferno stood at attention, the sound of an arrow thunking against the targets in the weapons ring. Moments later, Void ran out of the training ring and onto the field. She was already worn down with her full armor and seemed like she was ready to fall over.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   15/8/2013, 6:09 am

Inferno was keeping her stance with Hailstone, but her attention kept falling to Void, noticing how tired the mare seemed to be.

The fiery pegasus couldn't stand the question egging at her and finally spoke up.

"What were you doing out here Void? You look like you just got done with an entire practice course already."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   15/8/2013, 6:16 am

Void pursed her lips. "Early practice. I can't stay behind the group forever, so I tried to catch up. I should be able to make the full run with all the weight if I practice more and more."

Lightning frowned. "You didn't get enough sleep."

Void looked off to the side.

"Look at me." Void glanced at Lightning as she took a step forward. "Are you alright?"

She nodded. "Ready to work."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   15/8/2013, 6:27 am

Inferno sighed faintly.

"Just don't run yourself ragged..."

She was going to add one more phrase when Dalila and Temporal came out of the house, the other guards right behind them. The zebra and unicorn stepped to the side in order to let them pass by and get into line-up.

Dalila stepped over to Lightning.

"I think banging on the doors and floor startled them rather terribly."

She allowed a small smirk.

"Hopefully they now know what will be waiting for them should they sleep later than necessary."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   15/8/2013, 8:43 am

As they gathered in the line Lightning smiled and nodded. "What an evening! It seems like some of you were expecting a break. I never said such a thing. For those of you that were awake on time, you are rewarded with a normal run. Those who were not, run it a second time. I suggest you get moving."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   15/8/2013, 9:01 am

Dalila started to move alongside the group as they ran, with Inferno and Hailstone once again leading the pack and keeping an even pace. Overall, it seemed that the group was getting used to the drills, and now instead of slowly growing in length as some slowed down, they were keeping a tight group.

This had the zebra hiding a small grin as she looked over at Temporal, who was on the other side of the group. The unicorn looked to be in deep thought about something, but quickly returned to the run.

Meanwhile, Mist walked out of the house, looking a little tired, but still carrying a small smile as she made her way to Lightning, taking advantage of the time.

"I got some letters already, and they both came through magical express. Fine and Pyro will be coming in from Canterlot much later in the day, and Repo said that she's actually considering expanding into our small town."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   15/8/2013, 9:13 am

"Is she?" Lightning looked at her confusedly. "I thought that she called Ponyville home?"

As she moved into the kitchen Flora placed a cup of tea on the table for her. Lightning took a sip and thanked her with a smile and a nod. flora returned it and looked over at Mist.

"Is there something I can get you, Miss Negu?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   15/8/2013, 9:21 am

Mist gave a small smile.

"I'll take some of that tea as well."

She then looked at Lightning.

"And no. What she plans on doing is that she's going to 'share business' and help fund the building of another bar in our town for a friend of hers. Only thing I know about the mare is that her name's Black Ice....and well, it would be smart to 'keep an eye on our tails' around her. Black Ice will be running the bar and the bar will take on a different version of the Crystal Rite."

She scratched her mane as she looked at the letter.

"Hmm....we're supposed to help provide support for Black Ice too, because apparently she has had some problems with other batponies, and that some might find her...'unsavory'."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   15/8/2013, 12:23 pm

Lightning raised an eyebrow. "Did she give you any reason as to why they find her that way? I'm not particularly, uh... Inclined to drag my mares through any more political mud. You don't deserve that. But... Repo is a nice mare. I can't imagine this pony being that bad."

Lightning lifted her cup to her lips to take a sip of the tea. Flora came behind and placed Mist's cup next to her before starting on a breakfast meal of eggs and stir fried vegetables.

Lightning raised an eyebrow and lowered her cup. "What do you mean, 'watch our tails'?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   15/8/2013, 12:40 pm

Mist looked the letter over, not really finding anything until she noticed that, on the back, there was a small paragraph.

Mist used her magic to sip her tea while reading it.

She suddenly gulped and coughed as she placed the cup on the table, pulling the letter closer so she can read it better.

Her face reddened a little as she put it back on the table.

"Um...well...uhhh......"

She scratched her neck before slowly speaking.

"...You know how Repo is a terrible flirt and is known to be promiscuous?"

She scratched her neck again and eyed the letter again.

"Well....apparently Black Ice is...much more worse than Repo....to the point that even Reposado has to warn us about her....sooo....Repo pretty much literally means for us to 'Watch our tails.'."

She quickly waved a hoof though as she slid the letter to Lightning.

"But-But she's apparently supposed to be a very easy mare to get along with. A no-nonsense mare that is really tough and, well, protective of her friends, but an easy mare to know nonetheless."

Mist scratched her mane this time as she thought over the top part of the paragraph.

"And apparently the reason she's had trouble is because of her appearance. As it says, her appearance was altered by magic from the Everfree Forest, and that brought her problems."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   15/8/2013, 2:24 pm

Lightning coughed and looked at Mist bug-eyed. Worse than Reposado? Was there worse of a flirt than Reposado? She was not exactly keen on being on the receiving end of those things, just because she already wasn't completely knowing when such a thing was going on. Then again, it was possible that she might leave the herd alone if Lightning asked.

"Oh."

As for the Everfree effecting her? It wasn't a big deal. Feral's tribe was from the Everfree, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   15/8/2013, 2:45 pm

Mist shrugged to Lightning's answer.

"If she's friends with Repo, then she should be cool. I suppose we could immediately let her know that we don't really want attention, but then again, that's never stopped Repo from flirting."

The unicorn sipped her tea and sighed, a small smile on her face.

"Right now, I think figuring out what we'll do with Fine and Pyro is more urgent. I know that Fine wants to further her political career, but I'm not sire what she'll be able to do...."

Mist scratched her neck in thought.

"Then again, she makes quite a few bits as a lawyer, and she's pretty well established in Canterlot....but I guess we'll have a discussion once she arrives later in the day."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   16/8/2013, 3:21 am

About halfway through the last lap, Void collapsed. Hailstone was taking a slower pace out of concern, so when her companion fell behind she ground to a halt. She grabbed hold of Void and tried to lift her.

"Up."

Void wasn't moving. She nudged her again trying to get her attention. Void rolled onto her back from the touch. She was out cold. Instead of panicking, Hailstone threw off her helmet and gently removed Void's armor. She pressed her hoof against her neck.

Knowing that she was at least still alive, she made sure she was breathing before hefting her and her armor onto her back. She looked around. Hailstone was in the rear by herself today, so they were alone. A soft pop could be heard as Temporal appeared besides her.

"Where is Miss Fas?" Hailstone asked. It was rather demanding for the pegasus, but there was an emergency.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   16/8/2013, 5:56 am

Temporal glowed with white runes and she muttered a phrase, then with another small 'pop', she was gone...

...only to reappear with Fas, who was shaking her head a little from the sudden time change as she pulled a small satchel off her back, marked with a medical cross.

The griffon was taking Void's pulse as she spoke.

"Temporal told me everything..."

She took out a small pocket watch inside the bag and stared at it, putting it away once she reached the ten second mark.

"Pulse is a little above average, but she just stopped running....breathing is stable...."

Fas nodded to herself as she put the satchel on her back again.

"She's just exhausted. She pushed herself too hard."

Fas looked back up at Hailstone.

"You can keep on running, I'll take her back with Temporal."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   16/8/2013, 8:09 am

Hailstone glanced at Void for a moment before shaking her head. "No. She's my friend."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   16/8/2013, 8:38 am

Fas looked at her before sighing and nodding.

"Alright, you can help carry her. I'll be keeping a check on her vitals while Temporal carries her armor."

Temporal quickly removed Void's armor and bundled it up on her back while Fas tapped twice on Void's neck, but as expected, no medical link could be established, her magic being nullified by her natural abilities.

Fas sighed as she gestured at the smaller pegasus.

"Alright...I think we should be capable of moving her."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   16/8/2013, 1:42 pm

Hailstone hefted her friend onto her back. She shifted under her weight to make sure she was in a sturdy position before moving. "I mean no disrespect. I just wish to help. I will make up the laps after I am dismissed this evening."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   16/8/2013, 2:15 pm

Temporal smiled.

"Never seen a pony put so much dedication into their job as a Guard. All guards I ever met only wanted to be done with things, but you are much more dedicated...."

She started to trot with Fas bringing Hail along, the trio starting their small journey back to the mansion, with Fas having to occasionally tell Hailstone to stop so she could do another short medical checkup on Void.

They swiftly arrived at the mansion, where Fas then led Hailstone to Lightning and Temporal laid the armor on the ground.

Fas spoke to Lightning.

"Lightning, Void collapsed out cold from over-exhaustion. She's stable, thankfully...Know what we should do?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   16/8/2013, 11:35 pm

Lightning frowned. "She doesn't seem sick, at least. This morning she looked like she was run ragged. Has she been sleeping at all?"

She looked over at Hailstone, who shrugged. Lightning rubbed her forehead with a hoof, "I suppose, then you will have to care for her the non-magical way. I can see if we have an Earth Pony physician in town who has non-magical tools, but that might be hard. Everything's run on magic power and she'll just break the machine if it touches her."

She trotted around Void, looking her over. "Fas... Don't you have training without magic? I read somewhere that all griffins in the empire are supposed to have basic military and first aid skills. Maybe those can help?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   17/8/2013, 5:31 am

Fas placed the palm of her right hand against her temple and tapped an index claw against her head, sighing as she closed her eyes.

"I do know basic first aid, since I took the class, but I haven't used it in awhile. Besides, I never finished the course because my parents pulled me out of the class before I could finish it. I got all the knowledge later in the Vigilate...."

She sighed and put the hand back on the grass.

"I'm a little rusty, but doing their physicals actually helped me regain the knowledge. I just need to read a book that I have and I should be able to do a little more."

The griffon gestured at Void.

"And Void? She's an easy case. She's just exhausted. Obviously from lack of sleep and over-doing it."

She walked over to Void and gently lifted an eyelid, motioning at it.

"Bloodshot eyes."

She let go and ran her fingers through Void's mane, then pulled her hand away.

"Mane's a little more greasy than necessary, which means she was sweating before the run, and unless the nighttime air suddenly rose in temperature for a moment, she's been doing something straining."

She then began to lightly press and prod Void's legs, nodding to herself.

"And she has some really tense muscle strain. Not even someone who's done this run would be as strained."

The griffon stepped away and simply shrugged.

"Over-exhaustion. Plain and simple."

Fas gave a cheeky smirk.

"Want me to have Whisk or Flora put something in her food to make her sleep next time?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   17/8/2013, 8:05 am

"No. That can come with dependencies. There's more than once that I saw Sapphire stay up late because she ran out of medicine. That's when-"

Lightning stopped and went pale. Hailstone was still in the room. Her face was unreadable, but it was clear she piqued some interest.

"Never mind. Just make sure she's ok."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony IV
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next