Share | 

The Lights of Harmony IV

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 3:49 am

Lightning smiled and whispered back. "I'm prepared for it. I've yet to see her-"

Her heart skipped several beats in its attempt to flee from her body. She couldn't help herself from joking around, but she had done so without thinking. A huge blush came over her as she tried to redirect the comment. "I-I mean, she hits hard when we spar. Like really hard. Not enough to blow up the council's stadium like I did, but hard nonetheless."

She covered her mouth with her hooves. That really wasn't making her case any better, especially now that she wasn't whispering anymore.

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 5:16 am

Blade and Haze simply stared at Lightning before Blade suddenly grinned.

"Tha' was yew? Ah was wonderin' who broke the seals an' carved a section of the stadium out."

It was then Haze who spoke, who carried a smile.

"And please Lightning, we're all adults here. That whole stereotype that the parents will get very upset when the one sleeping with their daughter accidentally says just that is false. My husband and I are just happy that Misty found someone that makes her happy."

Her smile shrank a little, but its meaning was still just as big.

"Of course, as customary, we still have to leave a threatening undertone in our warnings that states that should Mist come to any harm, which I honestly don't think will happen with her own abilities, we will tear you limb from limb."

She chuckled.

"Need to keep up with unspoken traditions after all."

Blade gave a small laugh as well.

"Aye, so..."

The large stallion cleared his throat and stood at his full height,taller than most stallions, with an air of a true warrior now surrounding him as his face became neutral.

"Should me daughter be harmed by direct result of yew, we are goin' to have a few words...."

As he spoke, his face became outline by sharp patterns, a dark red glow emanating from them as his eyes seemed to burn with enchanted red fire.

In the background, Haze gave a small giggle as she looked at Lightning, expecting an answer as well.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 7:19 am

Lightning narrowed her eyes. Pulling on the temperature from the air, she focused on the area in her father in law's beard. With tiring precision the temperature dropped and his beard froze.

"Should I catch wind of anypony hurting my mates, they will spend the rest of their life as a frozen statue on my lawn. To that end I will not budge."

She relaxed and the temperature returned to normal. A few of the batponies backed off at the display of power from a mere pegasus and shied off to their homes. She frowned. "Sorry!" she called out. Beads of sweat formed on her face. Precision was tiring and expended more energy than she really wanted.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 7:40 am

Blade was left wiping the water off of his beard while Haze gave a worried look.

"That's quite a promise to make honey....but knowing that you will defend those that you truly care for is good enough for me I suppose..."

Blade nodded as he put his hoof down.

"Jus' keep o' hold of your temper....losin' it won' help..."

He smiled faintly and pressed his larger muzzle against Lightning's temple, nuzzling her before pulling away.

"We hope ta see yew again Lightning....yew carry a strong force inside of ye, so don' waste it....

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 8:15 am

"I won't."

She watched them go to the train waiting at the station, and turned her attention to the ribbon being tied to the posts. The building was small, but clean and new. It looked like a regular modern stopoff, complete with a little convinience store. A few ponies were milling about, getting ready to open up, but the sound of metal on stone could still be heard. Not far away, several stallions had begun working on the main road from the station all the way to the mansion. While she didn't take that path with Mist's parents, she could see that the trip would not have allowed for their conversation.

"Lady Lightning?"

Lightning turned to look at a small white unicorn. She had a flowing black mane, braided meticulously with a bit of gold ribbon. She had some pretty brown freckles and was wearing a business coat.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you. I'm Cover Letter. When I heard Princess Celestia was setting up a new town, I jumped for a request to do some civil service work out here. I helped the railroad company get a tentative extension of maintenance service until there's a town government. I'm really, really excited to be working for you- I mean, the town, the town!"

Lightning smiled and shook her outstretched hoof. "I guess Lady Comet Strike meant you, when she sent her runner about a ribbon cutting?"

"Yes! I mean, yes. Since she still has tribal laws in place, her tribal law is the only law in the city right now. Thank goodness there's no crime here, or else the other ponies wouldn't have the slightest clue what they'd be in for." Her face grew to one of panic and concern, "Oh, but I guess that I should be telling you about the ribbon cutting ceremony first."

"Please."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 9:29 am

Back in the Sun Room of the mansion, Gold gave a loud groan as she put the pen down, rubbing her right temple with a hoof while removing her small spectacles with the other.

"I swear, if I get one more list of complaints about location, I'm gonna lose it..."

Stone sighed as well as she put down a report she was reading, the report being the previous owners of the lot they intend to buy in Ponyville.

"Real-estate is a tricky thing Gold....we have to know everything about the lot and see what we have to work with regarding our soon-to-be business neighbors."

Gold snorted as she tapped the paper she was holding.

"Yeah right, they're just sending us these lists of complaints just to mess with us. Once the contractor comes to us and we go through the lot again, we can assess properly what we're going to do."

Stone nodded and sighed, putting away another letter on the growing pile they have been receiving.

It seemed that their idea to open a business had not gone unnoticed in the real-estate world, for now every company and land-grabber was trying to either sell them another plot of land with over-excelled prices, or trying to dissuade them from even attempting to reopen their business.

It was tough, but Stone and Gold would get through.

Andromeda's Electrica Extravaganza would open its doors again, and soon, they would be earning again.

To both of them, this was a promise....one that they would not break for anything.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 9:35 am

"Do you think she's as dangerous as Lady Lightning's other mates?" Null whispered into Inferno's ear. Since Lightning was away at the ribbon cutting, they were given the morning to do weapon practice. While Dalilah and Temporal were monitoring Vertigo's attempt at using a halberd, they had an opportunity to talk.

"I mean, have you ever seen her do anything more than sleep? I mean, sure the wolves are scary, but without them what is she capable of?" She continued.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 9:50 am

Inferno gave a small snort as she tested another swing of her claymore, feeling as though the weapon was lighter than before.

She spoke in a quieter voice, once Dalila wasn't looking in their direction.

"My opinion? She's probably one of them 'zen' batponies, the kind that are probably some kind of hidden badass when something of theirs is threatened."

She swung and decapitated a target dummy as Temporal walked by their area, seemingly taking interest in what the other stallion of their guard group was doing.

She continued once she was sure Temporal wasn't paying attention.

"To be able to tame a group of wolves and be the pack leader, must take some serious abilities...at least, I think she's the pack leader..."

She looked around to make sure she wasn't being watched with Null before speaking again.

"Knowing Lady Lightning, she's probably a dangerous warrior....I mean, take that 'Gold' mare for example....she looks like a typical 'civie', but remember when we caught her using the punching bag in the staff house?....She's fricken scary with her hooves...."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 11:31 am

Null gave a wild smirk. "If I recall, you were itching to spar with her. Why not ask the 'zen' pony to use your hooves? I do nothing but bore you."

She punched at the air and smiled. "That and I clocked you too hard in boot camp, so now you actually try to kill me with that thing..."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 12:05 pm

Inferno gave a deadpan look at Null.

"You kidding? I rather like having my legs attached to my body. I think it'd be insulting to challenge the mates of our Lady, and if she takes it the wrong way, we're going to be running laps until we're pushing up daisies."

She went back to swinging her claymore at the practice dummies, cleaving large amounts of them off with her sharp claymore.

"Also, that was a lucky hit. My wings were restrained too, and those are part of my fighting technique."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 12:17 pm

Null rolled her eyes. "What are you, chicken? I bet even Hailstone could get up in her face. She's already passed you in strength, endurance, weather wing usage, weapon training - if you want to continue being second best of the Storm Hammers, I can totally understand."

She went back to her dummy and took a few shots at it. An innocent smile passed her face, but inside, she knew that would eat her competitive spirit up.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 12:28 pm

Inferno was feeling her namesake as she turned to look back at Null, her eyes set in a glare.

"Aw no! The day I'm second best is the day I change my name to 'Freezer'."

She twirled her sword and slid it into the large sheath on her back, then removed the loaded sheath and placed it on the ground.

"Alright, tell me where Feral is and I'll give her a good, honest fight. If it'll get you off my ass, then I'm willing..."

She gave a small grin, rubbing a hoof against her chest as her usually under-controlled arrogance began to show without her knowing.

"I'll go easy on her....after all, I really don't want to hurt one of our Lady's mares."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 12:49 pm

"She's over there, talking to Temporal."

Feral's ears twitched from her eavesdropping as they moved over to Temporal. She gave a little smile and nodded her head as she lifted her teacup. The mare was having such a good time in the sun. But she was hopelessly bored. The other hunters had a training trip for the next few nights, which meant she was out of the loop for hunting.

"What do you think?" She asked quietly. "Shall I let her?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 12:55 pm

Temporal giggled as she lightly twirled a hoof in midair.

"Go ahead, I'll monitor everything and stop it if things get too serious. And Feral?

She flashed a wide grin and gave the batpony a half-hug.

"Go easy on her. We need our Storm Hammers active and not in the hospital."

She let go as Inferno trotted up, a smile on her face.

"Yo, Feral. I've seen what our Lady's mares are capable of, but I wanna see what you can do. And don't worry, I'll go easy on you so no one gets hurt."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 1:23 pm

Feral flicked her tail and looked up. She quickly closed her eyes in concentration. "What makes you believe that I have some ability to be tested?"

A small smile came to her face. Before Inferno could respond, she rose from her place and unfurled her bat wings. "But your fidgeting and general tone of voice is quite clear. I'll oblige you in a moment, since you want to make a show of it."

Her ears perked up. She sniffed the air and her ears swiveled around. "Fas? Can you bring this inside and ask Flora for some iced tea?" She nodded for Inferno to go to the center of the field and walked a little with Fas. "You may want to console this, Inferno, afterwards. But Null will have second for sending her in unprepared."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 1:30 pm

Fas gave a small smirk as she nodded.

"I guess it's about time that we showed some assertion, keep them in line an' all....like Temp' said, don't put her in recovery, because it drains me to knit them back together after getting torn apart."

She nuzzled the top of Feral's head.

"Take care. I'll be back to run medical in case something goes wrong. Have fun then love."

The griffon turned and walked into the mansion, heading for the kitchen.

Back at the field, Inferno kept her wings out as she stretched out her wing joints, wanting to be limber in case she needed to move out of the way of something.

She looked over at Null and spoke loud enough for her to hear.

"I swear, she's got a 'zen' thing to her. Didn't even looked hesitant to accept my challenge."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 1:39 pm

Feral made her way to the center of the field, flicking her ears and eyes to gauge the murmurs of the ponies around them. Apparently, they were surrounded by the whole bunch. Feral shifted her weight to the back of her hooves and relaxed. She tapped at the ground with her front hoof for assurance and stayed put.

"You may begin when you're ready."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 1:48 pm

Inferno sighed, then smiled.

"Alrighty then."

'I don't want to drag this out....otherwise I'd look like some kind of jerkass....just a quick charge and subdue and get on with it.'

She began her charge, running at full speed and turning into a vermillion blur from the speed, her long wings extending forward like hands, ready to grab her opponent.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 2:36 pm

Feral waited until the last moment. She slid underneath her like a snake, letting Inferno's momentum take her the rest of the way over the spot where she was. She growled and her ears and eyes locked onto the sounds of mild surprise.

With little more than a moment, she leapt over the distance between them and slammed Inferno into the ground on her back. Her fangs bared into a playful smile, she bounced off of her. But as a passing glance, she made sure that Inferno knew she was fighting a blind mare.

She couldn't help it - she liked to play with her prey.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   3/9/2013, 3:17 pm

Inferno was completely baffled as she caught her breath from the impact, jumping to her hooves and backing away from Feral.

"Wait wait, hold the phone! I can get that you're a warrior mare, but blind!?"

Inferno's wings flared wide as she balanced on her hindlegs, crossing her forelegs.

"I ain't fightin' a blind mare. I established that code after I saw a blind stallion getting taunted by other ponies....I knocked them all out of course, but still! I refuse to fight a pony with a handicap. Even if she can hold her own, I am NOT doing it. I'll look like some kind of arrogant jackass."

Fas, on the sidelines, pressed her beak into a thin line before flying over onto the field, landing in front of Inferno.

"I don't have a problem with you doing it Inferno. If Feral wants to continue this fight, then it should be alright for you to fight her."

Inferno shook her head.

"I. Won't. Fight. A blind mare!"

Fas simply stared at her before sighing in defeat, flying over to Feral.

"I guess you'll have to convince her it's alright. I mean, I know her type, and you might just have to keep hitting her until she finally agrees."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   4/9/2013, 12:26 am

"A warrior fights a warrior because it is honorable to do so. Saying my blindness is a handicap is just pointing out my Achilles heel. Overcoming that weakness makes me strong. You are arrogant and unwilling to be bested." Feral sighed and resumed a complacent stance. Her eyes narrowed as her ears pinpointed the panting mare, "If you are a true fighter, then you won't use my weakness as an excuse for yours."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   4/9/2013, 1:25 am

Inferno gave a cross-eyed stare at Feral before speaking.

"What?! Oh come on! It's just an ethical thing that I have..."

She gave a loud groan as she fell back to all four legs, resting a hoof on her forehead.

"But.....fine, if you want to fight, then I'll give you a damn fight, but I'm not fighting to hurt you, I'm fighting to incapacitate you."

She took on a wide stance with her wings stretched out all the way, her head low as she gave a snort, steam seeming to appear for a moment as stamped a hoof.

"Bring it on then!"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   4/9/2013, 2:08 am

Feral paced around her prey, keeping her distance for now. Inferno was going to be easy to play with. Without a resolve to live - to feel as though she was in danger, there would be no fight. In her eyes, Inferno had merely given up.

"That is unfair to me," Feral said with a frown. "You deny me the fight you promised me. By limiting yourself, you have already lost my interest. What a disappointment, second best."

Feral stopped pacing and began to walk away from her opponent.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   4/9/2013, 2:18 am

Inferno could feel her usually cool temper heat up as she stamped a hoof, yelling out towards Feral.

"I just wanted a friendly spar, but if some high and mighty warrior wants a REAL match, then fine, I'll give you a fuckin' match!"

She slammed her hooves into the ground and began to run right at Feral, but once she remembered the move Feral had done to her, and since there was a chance for her to do it again, the pegasus used her left wing as an air brake, using it to quickly go into a sliding sideways arc, hoping to tackle Feral from her right.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   4/9/2013, 2:27 am

Inferno's anger was making it easy for her to track. The sound of her hooves against the ground were like soft thunder before a storm. She raised an eyebrow when she shifted direction. As if it would help the poor mare. Feral smiled and spun her whole body around to reverse the situation. As Inferno passed, once again, through the empty space where she'd been standing Feral tackled her to the ground.

She smiled and licked her lips as she pushed off with all of her might, sending the young guard hurtling off balance into the air. Feral rolled to her hooves and began singing softly to herself - the hymn of a warrior in battle for his tribe. Fitting for this fight.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony IV
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next