Share | 

The Lights of Harmony IV

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   26/8/2013, 10:32 am

Gold gave a wave with her hoof.

"I need coffee, cause after going through all those accounts and numbers, I need something to keep me awake."

Stone and some of the others agreed, asking for coffee, except for Haze, Mist, and Fine who simply wanted tea.

Stone gave Gold and weary glance as the gold-maned mare seemed to chug down her mug of coffee, only to grab the pitcher and fill it up again and add some cream and sugar to it.

"Slow down Gold. I won't hesitate to tie you to a pillar if you start bouncing off the walls."

Gold blew a raspberry, making Stone raise a brow, and went back to her drink.

Fas chuckled and gave Lightning a helpless shrug before finishing off what was left on her plate.

Fine gave a polite chuckle as she used her magic to put a generous helping of sugar in her tea, stirring it and taking a sip.

She ran a hoof through her mane and looked back up at Lightning.

"So, dear Lightning, I'm sure you know that I'm not just here for pleasure, but I want to discuss business as well..."

She cleared her throat as some of the others at the table took interest in the conversation.

"As Stone told me, as a result of this sector being declared independent from Ponyville and is now an established community, this settlement will require a form of leadership and council in order to meet and speak of the needs for both ponies and batponies."

She ran a hoof through her mane again.

"I hope we can discuss this, because this is much more important than one would realize, and getting it done can prevent a few 'unwanted' things from happening."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   26/8/2013, 12:14 pm

Lightning nodded. "Representation is going to be the most difficult part. The town can't leave out the tribe that came here willingly because they heard I was in need of allies. Doing that would be wrong, and I would never think it. Comet Strike has been nothing but kind. On the other hoof, if there was no representation by the other types of ponies, nopony would come here. Tribal law is what they would think this place. It will be hard enough as it is to leave it out, but worse to run two societies at once."

She rubbed her forehead. "You are a lawyer. I wanted to talk to you because you're my friend and I trust you on this. We trust you on this. What do you think we should do?"

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   26/8/2013, 2:02 pm

Fine tapped her chin as she thought over a few ideas.

"Well, I do know some forms of government that we can utilize. Believe it or not, there are different ways to run a town in Equestria, and I think the management they have up in Hollow Shades might work..."

She cleared her throat, ready to give her speech.

"Hollow Shades was founded similar to our settlement, though it wasn't removed from another town. The majority at the time had been griffons and regular earth ponies, and it was agreed upon by Blue Lantern and Díkaios that one mayor wouldn't be right. They instead formed a combined council, where three individuals from each group would represent them."

She gave a wide smile.

"You see Lightning, if we were to establish a council just like them, we might be able to make this work. We would need to elect three ponies, three batponies, and we can add more should the groups become larger. Of course, one of the three would then be established as the main speaker, or rather the leader of those three. I myself could be the main speaker of a group of three, should I pass an election, and if Lady Comet Strike were to agree with this, she could be the main speaker of the three batponies."

She grabbed her cup and tea and sipped it, wetting her throat as she continued to smile, looking back up at Lightning as she put the cup down.

"What are your thoughts Lightning?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   27/8/2013, 11:28 am

"I don't know how willing or how quickly the tribe will move from tribal laws and customs. It could take generations to really set in well, especially because they get special exceptions under the laws now." Lightning tapped the table. "But, that being said, many of them seem to have acclimated rather well. As part of their allowances, all batponies get a run through the modern world so they have an idea of what's out there. Could work."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   27/8/2013, 12:00 pm

Fine gave a quick nod, a smile on her face.

"It could, but this is definitely something to bring up with Lady Comet Strike and anyone else. The batpony population currently outnumbers every other group, so this is more her decision than ours. Negotiations are a must in the future."

She sat back down in her chair and gave a small sigh.

"It doesn't have to be a talk that turns into an election of course. Should we come to a conclusion that favors the council idea, we can just gradually slide a few things here and there until we have it in place, working hoof-in-hoof with anything else."

She giggled into a hoof.

"Hollow Shades provides a decent example of such affairs. After all, the only reason it gained a fast setting in that town was because all groups simply wanted to party and elect new council members if the others dropped out.....amazing that after so many years, they still haven't had any problems."

Pyro giggled as she spoke up after Fine.

"My sister Flare actually told me something cool. She said that during your introduction as Lady Hurricane, Lightning, the citizens of Hollow Shades actually gave you a lot of support, and that they got pass the lack of rain by simply organizing those that could fly to pull clouds in from the marshlands no more than a mile away. Only problems they had was from Noble Victory's forces, and they only responded to it by retreating into the swamps."

Gold waved a hoof.

"I think we're better off not dwelling on the past. Nothing good really comes from remembering the bad..."

It was during this conversation that Haze gave a small, tired smile, the flecks of grey in her mane seeming to show more.

She looked at Lightning.

"...I've missed quite a lot, haven't I....I really need to catch up..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   28/8/2013, 2:39 pm

Lightning frowned and looked away. "I'll talk to you about it later, Haze. Its... Not a topic for the table."

"As for that idea, Fine? Lets try that. We can talk to Lady Comet Strike tomorrow."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   28/8/2013, 3:42 pm

Fine smiled as she ran a hoof through her mane, making sure the bun her mane was in was still placed cleanly.

"I suppose that means that Pyro and I will have to stay...not a problem at all."

Haze gave a sad smile.

"It's too bad we have to leave once dinner is over. Blade and I had a great time here, and who knows...we might actually move here and help around. Blade is great with training other ponies and I could establish a small clinic for the public."

Mist actually smiled at that.

"I don't mind the idea of others helping, especially my family..."

Blade gave a small laugh as he smiled at Lightning.

"'ere that me new-foun' daughter....and other new-foun' daughters? You migh' be a seein' us again."

Gold and Fas chuckled while Stone simply smiled.

Fine spoke up again.

"I suppose it's settled then. Pyro and I will stay the night and I'll go with you tomorrow, and now Haze and Blade can leave a mark on the soil here...so to speak."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   28/8/2013, 11:04 pm

"I hope you'll consider it," Lightning said. She ruffled Mist's mane playfully, "Misty would enjoy having you swing by every once in a while." She brushed her tail against her flank under the table. "Isn't that right?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   29/8/2013, 12:29 am

Mist flushed and was going to throw a small, nearly pleading glare before clearing her throat and running a hoof through her mane, her magic quickly fixing it. Once that was done, she offered a smile to her parents while at the same time her magic gently, yet quickly, brushed the junction between Lightning's wings.

She spoke somewhat faster and a little louder than usual to cover Lightning's reaction.

"I wouldn't really mind, actually. Mom, dad, if you two really want to settle here and help with the community as well, then who am I to stop you?"

She smiled as she said that, and her parents smiled in return, with her mother speaking.

"We're very happy to hear that Misty...you'll be seeing us again soon then, and we'll keep you updated on what's happening. We currently have a few things to finish though, so we won't be moving here right away..."

Mist smiled.

"That's fine...."

She raised a brow at Lightning, throwing a knowing smile at her.

"I'm sure we'd be able to find you some space in town, riiiight Lightning?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   29/8/2013, 6:33 am

Lightning shuddered, and coughed into her tea. She did her best to play it off as though she was choking on it. But in reality, she focused her marefriend's intended effect back over their bond. Her facial features stayed as flat as she could make them while she listened into the conversation. A smile came to her face as she brushed Mist with her tail again.

"Of course. If nothing else, space is what we have in swaths. Of course, building a new house will require a land size to be doled out and mapped. All those things will have to deal with the city government."

Lightning knew where this game of chicken was leading, and she quickly tried to change the subject while she was ahead of the game, and still in control. "Which is why we will need to talk with the batponies tomorrow after the ribbon cutting. I think Princess Celestia can appoint an interim council so regular elections can be held. At least, I assume that would be the normal procedure for something like this."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   29/8/2013, 8:20 am

Mist was still a little flushed, but her green fur helped cover it.

Fine, not noticing the ordeal, spoke up.

"As far as I know, that is the way to go for the time-being. At least until we have established ourselves a form of government. Should not be a problem."

She smiled.

"We can discuss this tomorrow Lightning dear. For now...I believe we should relax a little, for things will definitely be picking up soon."

It was when Fine said that that Mist gave a smirk, not her horn, but her hoof glowing as she placed it under the table, pressing forward until she felt a barrier that gave her the sensation of fur. She knew that an invisible force was now resting on Lightning's back, and she smirked as she pressed into the barrier, trailing from the top to the middle, like she herself was tracing from the back of lightning's neck to the junction between her wings.

On the other side of the table, Fas smirked as she felt some magic radiating off of Mist. Luckily, she was far enough from Temporal, Dalila, Haze, and Blade that those four couldn't feel the magic.

However, Fas herself was close enough, and she choose to keep her beak shut about what they were doing, instead, choosing to speak in order to cover up their acts.

"I guess things will get busy. After all, there's a lot of things planned and Lightning even has the guards to train. I've also been hoping to find something for Flash to do, since she's been trying to find a part-time job. She apparently wants to avoid feeling useless...especially since Zest is now working here."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   29/8/2013, 9:18 am

Lightning shuddered, but her face and demeanor remained cool. She shot a panicked look at Mist for a moment, before forcing herself to cough. A lot.

She hacked as best as she could, trying to interrupt the game of chicken. She was not willing to up the ante any further at the table.

Feral tilted her head. "Lightning, are you alright? That sounds like the Everfree Flu."

Lightning waved her off as she grabbed a glass of water and downed it all at once. It seemed to 'stifle' her coughing. "I'm fine. Choking on saliva. Give me a moment." She rose from the table and quickly walked towards the bathroom, coughing along the way for good measure. She'd pay Mist back for that big time.

Feral shifted her eyes towards Mist's general location. "Perhaps we should discuss business in a little while. After she has that cough under control. No need for the house to get sick. I will ask Flora to prepare some tea for the sitting room."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   29/8/2013, 9:37 am

Mist gave a mock thinking expression, even lacing her tone with it to make sure her act was perfect.

"Hmm....I don't think that should be necessary. I mean, Stone didn't have that bad of a cough at first...and she had body aches, right?"

Stone nodded.

"Felt really tired too."

Mist waved a hoof.

"I can scan her or something later. No need to waste resources..."

She smiled at Feral and spoke.

"She should be fine, thanks for being concerned Feral..."

The green unicorn got out of her seat and sighed.

"Such a good meal..."

She went over to her parents, nuzzling them both and giving them a hug each.

"Thanks you two for coming...I'm so happy to see you two again."

Blade and Haze smiled as they both nuzzled Mist, with Haze speaking.

"We're happy too, Misty...please, take care of yourself and your herd-mates."

Mist smiled and nodded as she left the two, heading for the stares.

Gold gave a small yawn and pulled away from the table.

"I guess I'll get back to the finances...wanna help me Stone?"

The big grey mare nodded as she stepped over, both of them hoping to head upstairs, soon followed by Pyro and Fine, who needed to settle into a room.

Dalila, Temporal, and anyone else was soon gone, with Fas remaining behind with her batpony marefriend. She smiled at Feral, walking over to her and running her claws through the batpony's mane.

"Got anything to do Feral? I'm going for a flight...and I would like some company..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   29/8/2013, 9:56 am

Feral blushed as she heard Flora come in to collect the plates. Her cousin gave a little giggle before walking out of the room with a mess of plates. She leaned into her lover's claw and sighed. "I need to sleep before I hunt. I've been told the game is best towards the pre-dawn hours."

She let out a satisfied moan and smiled. "But I would enjoy it if you would continue what you're doing. It feels wonderful."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   29/8/2013, 10:08 am

Fas gave a more serene smile as she calmly lead Feral up the stairs and into their empty bedroom. She let the batpony lay down as Fas herself laid next to her, continuing her ministrations by running both her hands and sets of claws through Feral's mane, combing it as she tried to lull Feral to sleep.

She smiled faintly and soon gave a small yawn, laying her head on Feral's neck.

"If you don't mind...I think I'll sleep next to you Feral..."

The smile grew as she wrapped her arms around the batpony and nuzzled her neck.

"Hope you don't mind...."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   29/8/2013, 11:07 am

Feral closed her eyes and began to drift off to sleep. Before she was completely out, however, she sighed and said. "I love you, Fas."

She lay her head on the pillow and finally fell asleep.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   29/8/2013, 11:29 am

Fas smiled and pecked Feral's cheek, laying her head next to hers.

She was asleep almost instantly, but not before whispering into her ear.

"I love you too, Feral..."

Mist gave a small sigh as she sat on the couch in the living room, seeing her parents walking over with their own saddlebags.

Lightning was with her, along with Gold, Stone, Fine, and Pyro. Mist had wanted to wake Feral and Fas, but they looked too comfortable for where they were at.

Mist smiled as she nuzzled her mother and father.

"I'll miss you two."

Haze smiled and nuzzled back.

"And we'll all of you as well....my daughters..."

Blade smiled as he walked over to Lightning, offering his hoof.

"Ta' care oof Mis'y...Ah know ye won' let me down."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   30/8/2013, 11:02 pm

Lightning smiled. "We will."

She kissed each of her mares in turn, before joining Mist's parents on the walk to the train station. It was early, but she wanted to make sure the ribbon cutting ceremony would go off without a hitch.

"I'll be back in a bit girls. Ribbons to be cut, and that sort of thing."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   31/8/2013, 12:30 am

The group said their goodbyes as Haze Spectral and Worn Blade walked out the door with Lightning, both of Mist's parents carrying fully packed saddlebags and walking on each side of Lightning, somewhat just following her.

Haze was wearing a small smile as she spoke to Lightning.

"We'll be sure to visit again soon...but it may be a while yet, for I still need to do my magic research and Blade still has to learn how to retire in peace instead of training constantly, despite the war wound on his shoulder."

Blade gave a sheepish look as he walked beside them, a slight limp still present in his step.

"Ah like trainin'....keeps me min' focused an' me strength great."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   31/8/2013, 10:58 am

Lightning looked over at Haze. "You could set up a science facility here, if that's what you mean. I'm sure it would attract business and potential residents."

She looked over at Worn Blade. "What happened that you had to retire, anyway. I don't think you ever mentioned it."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   31/8/2013, 1:55 pm

Worn Blade gave a small, tired smile as a hoof went up to his scarred shoulder, tracing the jagged scar tissue and somewhat coarse fur.

"A major figh'...an' a man'icore...tore into me like 'ell...almost' died. I had to nearly slice it's head off while I was in 'is mouth..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   1/9/2013, 4:09 pm

Lightning looked at him cross eyed. "You what?!"

Her pace slowed as she searched for something to say. A manticore? Wouldn't the poison in its tail stopped him from being able to move? "No way. I'm not buying it."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/9/2013, 2:51 pm

Blade gave a loud, hearty laugh that seemed to shake the ground around him as he even took the the time to stomp a hoof.

"Ah knew yew wouldn'! Mos' don't!"

He cleared his throat, the practiced voice that Haze had him practicing coming up and making his voice much more clear, though his accent was still audible.

"I was a part of a supply convoy that was on its way to the old castle in the Everfree Forest, which took place during a small expedition. I was heading it and was going to relieve the previous commander of the operation as well, since they needed someone who give more moral to the groups. On our way through the forest, we had wandered through an area that the manticores had declared a new part of their territory, and they were NOT happy to see a convoy of supply wagons and Vigilate in their territory."

He gave a small sweep of his leg.

"A group of about ten of them attacked us on sight, and I had ordered all civilians onto the wagons and gave the order for the ones pulling the wagons to run as fast as they can while the rest of us fought them off. That left me and about fours others, since this was supposed to be a low-key operation that would benefit the Princesses more than us...."

He gave a deep sigh, his features saddening for the first time in days.

"We lost Vambrace within minutes....a manticore having stabbed him multiple times with its stinger before he could even draw his axe....I myself had gotten wounded in the fray when a manticore swept me with his claws and knocked me into a tree. My mighty claymore had saved me from dying from the impact, but I was injured. We manged to draw them away with a few spells and tricks, but one of them, I believe it had been the Beta of the group, got to me."

He once again ran a hoof over his shoulder, feeling the scar tissue.

"I cleaved off his tail while he tried to pierce my chestplate, but he countered it with blind fury, lashing at me with his claws and hitting my now scarred leg, breaking the bone and tearing the muscle. He then grabbed me and tried to eat me, and....well, to be blunt, he just about succeeded. Half of my body was in his mouth, his teeth piercing my armor, a particular sharp canine in my shoulder, when I managed to pull my sword in. I simply lashed out with all my might and magic..."

He gave a small grin.

"I just about blew his head off completely, though the concussion had killed him already."

The large stallion gave a shrug, his accent returning full force.

"It was after tha' mission tha' ah retired, too much o' me shoulder missin' to repair. The mission succeeded, an' for tha' I am happy, but to others, i' failed because ah was retired. Ah told them I had no regrets....but they don' believe me...."

He gave a large smile and suddenly crossed his foreleg over his chest, bowing his head.

"Ah am done bein' Vigilate, an' now me mission is to be the bes' damn husband to me wife, the bes' damn paren' to me daughters...."

The large stallion gave a larger smile as he looked Lightning in the eyes, a shine of fatherhood and wisdom easily visible.

"...an' maybe someday....the bes' damn gran'pappy to me gran' children...."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/9/2013, 3:40 pm

Lightning blushed. She looked aside and cleared her throat. "I know you will be."

She patted him on the shoulder and nuzzled against his side. Already, she felt as though Worn Blade was the perfect father in law. A smile came to her face and wicked grin came across her features. She resisted the urge to make a joke about Mist. She wasn't there to be put on the spot.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   2/9/2013, 4:00 pm

Blade gave another loud and hearty laugh, with him actually needing to stop so he didn't trip. He quickly sobered up and smiled widely.

"Ah hope so. Ah'm sure there's a chance, since Ah'm sure Misty inheri'ed 'er mother's 'skills'."

Haze, turning a faint red, gave a sharp bark of 'Blade!' before her hoof connected solidly with the back of said stallion's head, his head whipping down from the impact....but instead of a shout of pain, he instead gave a small groan that carried a hint of laughter as he looked up, one eye closed while the other faced Haze, a hoof rubbing the spot her hoof had struck his head.

"...an' Ah'm sure she inheri'ed 'er mother's fightin' skills. Migh' even have me strength added in the mix."

He shrugged and kept walking, a small smile on his face. He leaned down and spoke i na quiet whisper so that only she and himself could hear.

"A word o' warnin', Misty is much like 'er mother, an' iffin' you share a fact about 'er like me, she'll likely clock yew in the noggin' out of reflex. Jus' a warnin'...."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony IV
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next