HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Lights of Harmony IV

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Tribal

PostSubject: The Lights of Harmony IV   8/8/2013, 3:22 am

Gold gave another yawn as they walked across what was soon to be the train station, a large marble platform situated beside the very end of the tracks. Working ponies of great varieties were walking around and constructing, a group of pegasi even landing nearby with a large pallet of bricks and mortar.

Once the main group of batponies that were on the train moved on to the town, Gold and the others still stood and took in the surroundings.

She gave a weary smile at the hill looking over the new town, where their home stood tall and proud.

"A sight for the ages...I have a feeling that this is going to turn into a beautiful town to live in..."

Stone gave a small laugh.

"Well said Goldy. We're looking at the beginning of a new start, where we can make a difference."

Mist smiled as well.

"I'm sure it'll be wrought with some challenge, from politics to meeting the needs of others."

Fas nodded with her own smile.

"But we'll persevere. We always will, because we won't be pushed around like others."

Last edited by Black Tribal on 29/8/2013, 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   8/8/2013, 8:45 am

Lightning smiled. "Fas. Come with me - we need to find a good spot for Zest's house so we can get started with building. I also have to meet with the planners to build some basic roads for the town. I also have to see them about the town hall and a post office."

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   8/8/2013, 9:39 am

Fas smiled and nodded as she turned to walk with Lightning.

Flash immediately held up a hoof.

"Wait! Can...Can we come with you? I think we should come along as well, to help you look..."

Fas tilted her head and nodded as she gestured with a hand.

"Well, come along then. We don't have a lot of time to waste, cause we really have to get this town set up so it's an actual town."

Flash nodded as she led her marefriend to both Fas and Lightning.

Mist spoke up this time.

"I'm going to send a letter to Fine to see if she wants in on the political standpoint."

Stone spoke up as well.

"And I'll send a letter to Repo about expanding the Crystal Rite. I remember her talking about a mare from a village near the Everfree that wants to open a bar."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   9/8/2013, 5:27 am

As they approached the base of the hill, they noticed several of the residents of the town gathered in one spot. Several of them were looking at a huge piece of stone Clay Hoof was chopping away at. At the moment, it had no shape, but the artist was working quickly with a unicorn on the piece.

Lightning wandered over. "What's going on over here?"

Clay Hoof looked up from his work. "Lady Lightning! I'm creating a sculpture to adorn the road. I saw some ponies planning to put one of the main thoroughfares here, so Clear Polish, Granite, and I dragged this chunk of marble from near Ghastly Gorge. Its a testament to our appreciation for you and your mares. You gave us a second chance at pursuing our art."

Lightning blushed. "Well... Thanks? I hope it comes out beautifully." It was clear that she was trying hard to accept the praise. Being in the spotlight never made her that comfortable. But she was trying to get used to it.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   9/8/2013, 6:45 am

Fas smirked as she lightly slapped Lightning on the shoulder with the back of her hand.

"To think that ponies appreciate you this much Lightning..."

She gave gave a small nudge.

"I suppose we should get going before Lightning drowns in your guys' praise."

The griffon gave a small laugh as she lead Lightning, Flash, and Zest through.

She looked back at Lightning.

"So, got any good ideas where Flash and Zest's house could go?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   9/8/2013, 7:19 am

Lightning shook her head. "I've got no idea. There seems to be a residential area where everypony else is living."

She lead them a little to the side where several of the buildings were being tended to by the residents of the town. They had intentionally left some space between them and the crest of the hill. She was curious why, but she shrugged it off. When they did enter the new part of town, they noticed that there were some ponies already putting in the new cobblestone road. As it stood, it looked like there was a defined path straight up the hill beginning to form, as well as a more rounded one that seemed to be planned to circumscribe the hill itself. She smiled.

"Perhaps a place in here? Most of the houses seem to line the hill in the circle so far."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   9/8/2013, 7:44 am

Flash looked around, taking flight almost immediately to see the view and how it looked.

This location would guarantee them quite a view of the countryside, and they would have plenty of room for anything.

Of course, she needed her marefriend's opinion as well.

She landed near Zest and smiled.

"Whaddya think Zesty? I think this might work....not unless you want me to fly you up for a better look."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   10/8/2013, 12:29 am

"You know I'm cool wherever. Heck, I'll sleep out on the grass if its a nice night." Zest smiled and flicked her ears to ward off the sudden itch. She'd have to wash her piercings again. "Here is just fine."

Lightning nodded. "None of the streets have been named yet so when we get that up and running, we'll let you know what number on the street you are. I'll go flag down that pony with the lumber to get some over here. It should be waiting at the station."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   10/8/2013, 4:44 am

Flash smiled.

"Thanks. We really appreciate you letting us have a home built out here..."

Fas waved a clawed hand.

"Hey, it's not a problem. We're always happy to help others in their time of need."

The griffon gave them both a small grin.

"Of course, you're likely going to see some strange phenomenon at the mansion, since Lightning and the Guards will be practicing and such, so don't worry if the temperature drops or rises all of sudden, or storm clouds appear all of sudden. Lightning knows what she's doing."

Fas scratched the back of her neck.

"That includes magic. If you start seeing a lot of flashes at the mansion, chances are that we're sparring or practicing magic."

Flash tilted her head, but still flashed a smile as she readjusted her fedora.

"It's cool. I'm just happy to be here, and I never really expected it to be normal anyways."

Fas nodded.

"Good, good. I hope you two will be happy here."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   10/8/2013, 4:56 am

Zest nodded as Lightning took off to find the lumber. "Yeah. We'll settle in alright here. Thanks again." She grabbed hold of Flash's mane and tugged a little on it. She trotted over to say hello to one of the batponies working on their house.

Not too far away, Feral was a little lost. The space was very, very open and with all the noise it was easy to make out figures in any direction. But this place was unfamiliar to her. Hardly had she left the woods before, and certainly not into open fields. Her wolves went off to hunt when they arrived to learn the animals on the land, but she didn't want to spoil their arrival with a hunt. At some point she'd gotten distracted enough to have figures drowned out by the sound of construction. Now she was wandering the hill alone and she felt vulnerable.

At least, she was uncomfortable with the sudden solitude and unfamiliar ground. She looked confused. Solitude was something she normally enjoyed, so not being comfortable with it seemed irrational. Still, she did like to explore. So she set out towards the buildings as best as she could make them out with her hearing.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   10/8/2013, 5:24 am

Gold was lazily flying through the air, watching as construction ponies, civilian ponies, and batponies all moved around in hopes of establishing the roads and paths, the train station even looking like it was already halfway built.

The gold-maned pegasus couldn't help but smile at the efficiency of the citizens in their new town.

Gold was out flying because she had already sent the letter to Fine and Stone was busy sending one to Repo.

She was also trying to locate a particular mare...a particular batpony mare...

The pegasus grinned as she spotted her batpony lover walking down the street.

She dived and calmly landed next to Feral.

"Hey Feral, was wondering where you went."

She nuzzled the batpony.

"How are you holding up with the move. I think this is a pretty cool thing we got goin'."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   11/8/2013, 1:43 am

Feral looked towards Gold, clearly a little spooked. She had heard somepony coming, but it was hard to make her out in the open outdoors. The shape was blurry in her mind until she had determined it was her mate. She quickly brought her face back to a more neutral tone. "I'm handling it as well as I can. This area is very different. Very open. I am... having to adjust."

She muzzled against Gold and kissed her on the cheek. She blushed slightly and averted her sightless gaze. Her ears stayed turned on her lover, focusing in on her breathing.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   11/8/2013, 6:07 am

Gold nuzzled back.

"I'm sure you'll get used to it. In the meantime, I'm gonna stick with ya. I don't think we told you where the house is, so once we head back I can lead you."

Her gaze went up Feral's ears and a playful smile appeared on her muzzle. She looked around to make sure no one was around before leaning up and giving Feral's ear a playful tug, nibbling on it before pulling back and leaving a kiss on her ear.

Gold giggled and gently pressed herself a little closer to Feral, wrapping a wing around her.

"Don't worry, no one's around to see..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   12/8/2013, 2:04 am

Feral's heart skipped as she felt the hot breath on her ear. Feeling her teeth on her ear made her squeak and shake her head. It wasn't nearly the same feeling as she expected, but it was a surprise nonetheless.

"Have you looked up? I find that most ponies do not. But I hear the sounds of flying creatures - their wings beating against the air. There are three and they slowed down to watch."

She looked up in the direction of one of them. The construction ponies in the air scattered about their business. Feral blushed and looked down. She leaned over and whispered in her ear, "Have you ever been bitten with fangs?"

Feral's head snapped upwards, her canines grabbing holed of Gold's ear. It was a firm grin which had feral smiling through her embarrassment she tugged a little bit and then let go. She licked it for good measure and flicked her with her tail.

"Lead me. If you can."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   12/8/2013, 6:38 am

Gold blushed hotly, but still smiled as she kept her wing around Feral, leading the batpony.

"O-Our house is on a hill. Maybe we should go there..."

She insistently began to pull until they were at a decent trot, heading up the road that was still being built, ignoring any of the ponies nearby as she kept the pace. Although, she did find some time to greet any ponies that said hello, and allowed Feral to if she wanted.

The gold-maned pegasus finally led them to mansion's front door.

She looked around, and this time she also looked up, now a hundred percent certain that there were no ponies around of any shape or form.

Nodding to herself, she suddenly turned to face Feral and pressed into her, pushing her far enough that she pushed her batpony lover into the wall, pulling her into a kiss.

Gold's face flushed an even deeper red as she tilted her head a little, deepening it for only a minute before breaking contact, panting faintly and pressing her muzzle into Feral's shoulder.

"Sorry...I just really liked what you did...now I think I know why Stone get's so embarrassed when any of us play with her ears...."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   12/8/2013, 7:57 am

Feral flushed hotly. "Does she now? Perhaps I should do this to her later."

Before Gold could ask, Feral grabbed hold of her ear, opened the door and lead her into the house by the ear.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   12/8/2013, 8:15 am

Gold scrambled to keep her hooves on the ground as her heart rate picked up, the extra blood going to her face as she felt Feral's teeth digging into her ear.

She could've easily pulled away, but then again, it wouldn't really be as fun.

They passed by a hall that was, likely unbeknownst to them, occupied by Inferno and Hailstone, who had house patrol for the time-being.

It was a quick glimpse before the batpony and pegasus disappeared, but it was enough for Inferno to give a small chuckle.

"If I haven't seen love before, I certainly just saw it now."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   12/8/2013, 12:57 pm

Hailstone nodded once in agreement. She heard the sound of hoofsteps disappear into the hallway above them before she relaxed. She looked at Inferno. "Privacy is important."

She walked on patrol into the kitchen, nodding at Whisk before walking outside. "I will take the skies since they have arrived. You may continue or join me. Only I had other orders." She was acutely aware that she had spoken more than most ponies had ever heard her do, but she didn't care. Work took priority over personal habits. Usually.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   12/8/2013, 1:14 pm

Inferno looked back at the house.

"I'll just finish my patrol on the outside of the house, then take flight as well."

She gave a smile and salute as she turned and started walking again.

It was nighttime when Inferno slowly awoke to the sound of shuffling.

She would've normally just gone back to sleep, but this was almost insistent, like the one next door had been doing it for awhile. Her ears perked as she heard some unintelligible words.

The fiery pegasus sat up in her room. It was sparsely decorated, since they had still just recently moved into the staff house, but it would be filled with some stuff too, but that wasn't important right now.

She slowly got out of bed and pointed her ears to the sides, trying to figure out who was making the noise.

It sounded like it was coming from Hailstone's room.

Now, with the noise, Inferno could've figured a few things of what was causing Hailstone to make those noises, but at this time and who the mare was only made Inferno shake her head. If Hailstone was shuffling in her bed and seeming to whimper out her words, then there was something wrong.

The fiery-colored pegasus quietly opened her door and went to the left, seeing the plain door belonging to her friend.

She slowly opened the door and peered inside, then entering and closing the door behind her.

Not really taking in the surroundings, she could see Hailstone's large form in her bed, still moving and muttering her words.

Inferno walked over and very gently began to run a hoof on her side.

"Hailstone? It's only a dream....just wake up Hailstone...."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   12/8/2013, 1:46 pm

Hailstone's eyes shot open and she cringed defensively. Her whole body shrunk into the wall as panic still continued to fill her thoughts. Her eyes fixed on Inferno and she froze. Her murmuring, now stopped was replaced with a deep breath.

Then there was nothing. Hailstone appeared normal, although sweaty enough to qualify as having been practicing for hours. She looked over the mare in her room for a moment. Why was she here? Did they get called onto a night shift?

"Is it time for patrol?" she asked. Her face was back to a stoic calm. Her heartbeat had already slowed back to its normal pace, and her breathing was clear and even. She looked at the door. "I thought my door was locked."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   12/8/2013, 1:50 pm

Inferno shook her head, ignoring her friend's comment about the lock.

"It's not time for a patrol. I was sleeping when you're noises woke me up."

She gave a worried look at Hailstone.

"You must have been having a pretty bad dream for it to affect you Hail....has something been bothering you?"

She tilted her head, offering a small, delicate smile.

"I don't like seeing friends in pain..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   13/8/2013, 2:20 am

Hailstone looked at her rather hard. Her dreams were personal, even though that were less than favorable. Sharing them would only make things worse for her. She looked off towards the door and let out another long breath. Her eyes closed while she searched for the easiest way to put it.

After a moment, she said. "I don't have nightmares."

She looked back at her friend. It killed her every time she had to shut her out of her personal life, but it was the cost of protecting her family. She still loved them, after all.

"I'm fine."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   13/8/2013, 5:47 am

Inferno's brows furrowed as she looked hard at Hailstone, completely flabbergasted that the large pegasus would blatantly lie about having a nightmare.

Was she ashamed of what she saw? Was it really that bad?

All she knew was that Hail didn't want to talk about it, obviously, but someday, Inferno would have to really ask her friend what was on her mind.

Her eyes traced along the visible scars on the large pegasus before giving a small sigh.

"Alright Hail....if you're fine, you're fine....but don't be hesitant to tell me if something's wrong or bothering you."

Inferno turned to leave and opened the door with a wing.

"My door's always open if you need anything. See ya..."

And with that, she walked through the door and gently closed it behind her, heading to her own room to sleep.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   13/8/2013, 6:44 am

Hailstone rose after her and opened the door just before Inferno went to bed. She opened her mouth to say something, but closed it. Silently cursing herself for her sudden impulsiveness, she tried to think of an explanation for waking her friend. Her gaze softened and she let the hint of a frown show through her otherwise neutral features.

"I don't have nightmares, Inferno. Just... try to understand what I mean." She looked down at the ground, before slinking back in her room. "Thank you," she whispered as she shut the door behind her with an audible click.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   13/8/2013, 7:11 am

Inferno stood in the hallway as she stared at the door, her thoughts continuing to move faster than a bolt of lightning.

Her gaze went to the floor as what Hailstone said rang in her head. She was sure she understood what the large pegasus said, but the thought was too vague to make out. She knew it was there, but at the same time it wasn't there.

What was Hailstone trying to say...

The pegasus knew she had to at least say something to show her confirmation on what Hailstone said.

The fiery mare gently opened Hailstone's door and poked her head in, a small smile slowly appearing on her muzzle.

"Hail...we all have something to keep to ourselves, but as I said, if you ever have something to get off your chest, I'm always open to conversation. I...I think I understand what you mean, but at the same time I don't. I'll try to make sense what you said, for your benefit."

She smiled a little more.

"And...you're welcome, Hail. Have a good night, comrade..."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony IV   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony IV
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next