Share | 

Call to Arms, Fanfiction writers!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shadow Lark
The Enfield.
The Enfield.

PostSubject: Call to Arms, Fanfiction writers!   17/5/2013, 11:48 am

So, after long hours without taking my depression medication and thinking far too much, I thought of a good (bad) idea that would possibly help improve the writing skills of our bunch.

Here's the pitch. All the loyal fan-fic writers and editors of our senseless, amazing forum band togethr to create one, big slice of life fic. Sure, some of us may not specialize in slice of life, or in happy stuff *cough* me *cough* but I'm sure we can all put our writing styles together to form some type of good story. I know for a fact that Nevel and Tribal writes good stuff, and I'd like to think of myself as a good writer, so what could possibly go wrong?

Thanks for considering it, guys, and I hope you take up this opportunity to write something great Scootangel

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Shadow Lark
The Enfield.
The Enfield.

PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms, Fanfiction writers!   17/5/2013, 5:19 pm

Nevel wrote:
Nevel is interested in this idea. Might help get me out of this writers block. What did you have in mind tho? i mean would it be just one person writing and everyone creates senarios? might get a bit jumbled because everyone has different idea's between what makes a story good. i've read some fanfics and i end up rolling my eyes because they don't know how to grow a character. aaaaaaaanyway, tell us more about your idea.

My idea would be to group all the writers together into one big GDoc, and we'd each take turns with our character, interlooping one another story. It'll be like, for an example

OC1 starts off as a pony working a dead end job

OC2 starts off as a pony who wants fame and fortune

OC3 wants to get enough money to support his or her family

All OC's have a common problem: They all want something. Therefor, we intertwine their fates, each O.C having an different writer. Of course, we'll work things out and give everypony a fair chance for writing, so it'll be very balanced. And this gets around writers block. If one author has writing block, he can just jump off for a while and hop on at another station. It's win-win!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms, Fanfiction writers!   

Back to top Go down

Call to Arms, Fanfiction writers!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1