Brony Awakening

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Down the memory lane of World of warcraft raids.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
VikingPony

PostSubject: Down the memory lane of World of warcraft raids.   9/5/2013, 1:27 am

I'm planning on doing a "down the memory lane of WoW raids from Molten core (first raid of Vanilla WoW) to Icecrown Citadel (last raid of Wrath of the lich king expansion.)" raid night on a WoW private server this weekend (Saturday or Sunday) and I want a minimum of 5 people for it and a maximum of 10.

All you need is to just download the correct patch client which the server's website usually has for download and then change a line in a realmlist.txt file in your WoW folder and you can play on a private server, completely free of charge!

Depending on where the majority of people are from we might start already in the afternoon for Europeans if we end up being more than the Americans otherwise we'll be looking at starting around early afternoon for the Americans.

No previous knowledge or experience is needed, I will take of "teaching" you a standard rotation of attacks to keep your damage per second at a decent enough level for us to be able to zerg down most bosses. I will also take care of explaining tactics for the bosses that we need it for. (which will only really be the last 3 raids of Wrath of the lich king)

We will start off on an instant 85 server with access to end game gear at a "mall" area in the game so we can gear up quickly and get going asap.
People confirmed as able to show up at some point during the day (Currently have 2 spots left):
Derpy. (Shadow priest/off-healer.)
Sinjull a swedish wow mate of mine will be popping in as a Shaman sometime during the day.
Dan. (Hunter.)
Michael from mine, Dan and Froze's leauge group. (Warlock).
2 guys from the leauge group. (Class ytb for one the other runs Warrior.)
Nevel BA (tank or healer.)

Last edited by VikingPony on 9/5/2013, 7:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
VikingPony

PostSubject: Re: Down the memory lane of World of warcraft raids.   9/5/2013, 6:15 am

Nevel wrote:
... Tempting. But there's a problem. No Details on how tyo get this private wow server thingy meebob.

As for me. I'm not a DPS guy. I'll either Tank or Heal. Depends what you need.

I'll be creating a skype group to walk everyone through how to connect once I've found a server. As for your second "question" I'd say we could use a healer more than another tank, I'm fairly confident in my tanking abilities, start time is preliminary set to Saturday sometime between 6-7pm British standard time.

VikingPony

PostSubject: Re: Down the memory lane of World of warcraft raids.   10/5/2013, 4:57 am

Alright I found a server just download this 4.0.6 client and grab the launcher from the website below as well and put that into a folder together with all the WoW 4.0.6 stuff and launch it and you should be set.
torcache.net D6640FFD87EA0DDFE921B8812468005466FBD45B.torrent

You'll need to create an account to play on their server here: http://rebelwow.net/

PostSubject: Re: Down the memory lane of World of warcraft raids.   

Back to top Go down

Down the memory lane of World of warcraft raids.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brony Awakening :: Off-Topic :: Video Games/Computers-
Jump to: