HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Animoo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arualsti
a custom thingymajig

PostSubject: Animoo   21/4/2013, 9:36 pm

So, now we have some anime fans in the fold, thought i'd start a thread for it.

Recently been watching Ouran High School Host Club, gawd it's a guilty pleasure, but I love it regardless

I also love Puella Magi Madoka Magica, very good, with a plot I was not quiet expecting

Wolfs Rain is also on my list of all time favourites

As for one I dislike, Elfen Lied, I found it so boring near the end, and whilst it isn't too bad in its own right, I don't agree with all the acclaim it seems to get.

I, like, make plushies or something
http://arualsti.deviantart.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.arualsti.deviantart.com
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Mario
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   22/4/2013, 4:09 am

im gonna do the obvious, and mention Full metal alchemist. cant get over how good it is <3

also check out girls und panzer, its different but pretty amazing non the less

Back to top Go down
Firewire
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   22/4/2013, 5:55 am

Try out Sword art online or Black rock shooter..

the latter is pretty fucked up
Back to top Go down
Queen Chrysalis

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   22/4/2013, 7:51 am

I've never actually picked a favorite anime strange but anyway for now I recomend

Chaos;Head

Luna wrote:

If you liked SAO go read the LN the 3rd and 4th arcs are way better then the 1st and 2nd ones.

That's why no one has ever seen it.
That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily.
However, someday, someone will find it.
The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it.
This is how its created.
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Property of Callum

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   22/4/2013, 9:09 am

I shall add some of my favourites, descriptions included.

1 - Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, this anime is quite gory so if you don't like that then maybe avoid this. The animation quality is not the greatest, I shall say that but what makes this anime by far my favourite so far is the story. It is a psychological 'horror' but the only horror part is the gore. The first series makes zero sense and you be sat there really confused as to what is going on. The second series though is where this anime shines, you find out what is going on with everything and from there you are just sat in anticipation to see if the end result actually happens.

2 - K-ON!, a music anime about a group of girls in high school who form a band. It's a typical moe anime where nothing actually happens. I enjoy it because the music is amazing and the characters are just amusing to watch. Most of the time the characters are just sat around drinking tea, no word of a lie but I recommend this to everyone who wants to start watching anime as it is super addictive to watch. I have rewatched it myself many times.

3 - Clannad, the anime which hits you with a metaphorical baseball bat of emotion. Kyoto animation and key bring the third collaboration of Clannad, the previous two being Air and Kanon. Previously a Visual Novel, Clannad has been made into an anime and follows the high school life of Tomoya Okazaki. On the way through high school he ends up helping out a bunch of girls he becomes friends with. This is a harem anime so there is quite a few of the girls who are in love with him because of this. A few emotional scenes happen through the first series, like with all other Kyoto-key collab works, but with Clannad you get a second series. This series is known to be the saddest anime series ever made. It takes the baseball bat of emotion and hits you with it, it then continues to hit you until it makes you super depressed. I recommend this anime to people purely due to the story having a nice feel to it and the raw emotion which comes out of the anime.

4 - Angel Beats, I loved this anime but didn't actually expect to like it as much as I did. I can't really speak much of this without spoiling it but it has a nice blend of action, story and raw emotion. I recommend you watch this if you haven't.

5 - Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, a fairly new anime which is about a girl who has something known as Eight Grader Syndrome. This is where the person thinks they possess some sort of super power but in reality they do not. It is an amusing anime with high comedy factor. The character development is very well done and the story itself is touching. The anime has a deep meaning to it and really made me think about life. It's either that or the fact I get super emotional over the smallest thing in anime.

I would post more but I wanna get some responses first :P
As for the rest.

Arualsti wrote:
As for one I dislike, Elfen Lied, I found it so boring near the end, and whilst it isn't too bad in its own right, I don't agree with all the acclaim it seems to get.

I personally enjoyed the ending of Elfen Lied, it was really different to the manga but that is what they intended on doing with it I guess. Opinions are wonderful things.

Nevel wrote:
I have a list of Anime i like and love. but lets start with the best

Studio Ghibli

Anything and everything. Spirited Away was the first i watched and i loved it sooo much! Happy

Studio Ghibli are so amazing with their film work. My personal favourite company for animation is Kyoto animation. :)

Mario wrote:
im gonna do the obvious, and mention Full metal alchemist. cant get over how good it is <3

also check out girls und panzer, its different but pretty amazing non the less

I am currently reading the FMA manga and it's pretty good so far, so I can agree there.
Girls Und panzer looks decent as well.

Luna wrote:

Personally, I refuse to watch SAO and I have no idea why.
Black Rock Shooter is on my list to watch.

Location : Florida, the land of orange juice and air conditioning

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   22/4/2013, 11:25 am

I don't watch a whole lot of anime, but if there's one thing I know about it, it's that Cowboy Bebop is the bee's knees.

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   22/4/2013, 3:06 pm

I now have a strong weakness for Girls und panzer, cause after all, it has TANKS in it.

Despite that obviousness, I like:

One Piece, the Japanese version with all the blood and violence that the English version RUINED

Pumpkin Scissors (I almost cried at the fact it ended so abruptly after season 2)

Bleach, though I've fallen out of tune with it, it still holds a nice nostalgia feeling in the beginning seasons

And I think that's the end of it. I don't really remember the other ones, but maybe I will remember them another time.

Back to top Go down
Mario
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   23/4/2013, 6:23 am

Black Tribal wrote:

Bleach, though I've fallen out of tune with it, it still holds a nice nostalgia feeling in the beginning seasons.

bleach is amazing, but i stopped watching it when they killed off ulquiorra, he was soo rad :P

also, darker then black is pretty amazing.. there was another anime my mate showed me once, it was relatively short, and was quite emo and sad, but amazing. it was about this boy who moves back to a town he moved away from, i think something dark happened to cause that, but cant remember... one bit that got stuck in my head, is that he wore a heavy watch, to cover the scars he had from trying to kill self... oh man, i want to watch it again, but cant even remember what it was called! Facehoof

Back to top Go down
PinkiePieRocks!

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   23/4/2013, 9:26 am

Flutterdude wrote:
I don't watch a whole lot of anime, but if there's one thing I know about it, it's that Cowboy Bebop is the bee's knees.

Yeah! Another (kinda) Cowboy Bebop fan here! (kinda. Cloud got me kinda into it.)
Anyways. I used to watch a ton of Anime, but forgot a lot of the ones I watched. Pinkie Sad But, again, Tiny Snowfairy Sugar (My little..? I have a manga of it). OHSHC is good. Negima! Miss that show. Gah, I wish I remembered. I have a friend irl that's a HUGE Anime fan.
Trying out Black Butler and the one with Death the Kid. Smile

Sorry for my confusing statements there, I forgot how to tpye...

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   23/4/2013, 9:43 am

PinkiePieRocks! wrote:
the one with Death the Kid.

Soul Eater is that anime.

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   23/4/2013, 12:26 pm

Sayo wrote:
PinkiePieRocks! wrote:
the one with Death the Kid.

Soul Eater is that anime.

OH YEAH.
THAT ONE.
COMPLETELY FORGOT. Happy I need to watch it eventually. :3

Graphics Artist

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   24/4/2013, 5:04 am

and Death Note. That was always good :D i watched blood + for a little while, was okay, but not my cup of tea...

Oh, Dragon ball! and Dragon ball Z :D (lets pretend gt never happened) proper amazing, 10/10 should watch

Back to top Go down
Tomzie95
Most Edgy User On Brony Awakening
Most Edgy User On Brony Awakening

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   24/4/2013, 6:01 am

I am not an anime (FAG) guy ... But this ... I might watch Unsure

Join our Steam gaming group!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bagg
Spoiler:

"I have been to Auscwitczh's , is was goot" - Veave
Back to top Go down
Queen Chrysalis

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   24/4/2013, 10:27 am

"That isn't technically an anime" says the anime (FAG) as he replies from the third person.

That's why no one has ever seen it.
That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily.
However, someday, someone will find it.
The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it.
This is how its created.
Back to top Go down
Firewire
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   24/4/2013, 10:58 am

Queen Chrysalis wrote:
"That isn't technically an anime" says the anime (FAG) as he replies from the third person.

Back to top Go down
Applejack
Property of Callum

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   25/4/2013, 7:45 am

Time for a super long post.

I am gonna write about a few more of my favourite animes.

1 - Another. This anime will be super enjoyable if you are a lover of gore. Only being 12 episodes it manages to fit in a lot of death and blood. The setting of this anime is in a school in a city, how original. Anyway, the main character, Sakakibara Kouichi, has recently transfered to the school but the class he is put into doesn't seem normal. He then hears of a rumour about the class being cursed. That's the basics of the story. By far, in my opinion, this is the goriest anime in existence... deaths by umbrella, boat and even a good old fashioned elevator failure. I really enjoy this as I have an obsessive love for gore... yeah, I just said that. Anyway, go watch this.

2 - Mirai Nikki - A psychological thriller involving supernatural events and future reading. It is also the anime which features the all time famous anime character, Yuno.

Anyway, the whole story follows a lonely guy at school called Yuki. He keeps a diary on his phone which he writes all events which happen around him in it, he also has an imaginary friend who is 'the god of time and space'. The best part is, this friend is actually a real figure and brings 12 diary users into a game to see who will take over him as the next god. The game is a fight to the death but nobody knows the identity of each other.
There is a lot of action in this anime with an amazing story, there is also quite a bit of blood so if you dislike that... don't watch but I seriously recommend.

3 - Kanon(2006). Kanon, originally a visual novel by Key, it has been adapted into an anime by Kyoto Animation. It is one of the Key-Kyoto trio, these being Air, Kanon and Clannad. I have already spoken about Clannad but now it's time for Kanon. Kanon is a loveable anime focusing on romance (I am a sucker for romantic animes ._. ). The story and character development is extremely similar to Clannad's, clearly because same companies working on it and in fairness Clannad did what Kanon did as this was first, but anyway the main difference between Kanon and Clannad is how Kanon focuses more on the general story of the main character while adding the side stories of the girls he talks to it as well. The main character was once in the town he now goes to school in 10 years ago and he bumps into many girls (as expected from a harem-romance anime) but along the way he has to remember things from the past. The ending is super sad and made me kinda depressed but it is a magical anime which leaves a long lasting impression on your views on life, well it did with me anyway. Watch this.

4 - Elfen Lied. Mentioned in this thread once I think but I shall still explain this one because I can and I have nothing better to do. Anyway, Elfen Lied is a touching anime for me. The beginning starts with a naked girl walking around what seems to be a prison complex killing literally everything in sight. Do not be put off this anime by the intro. It actually HAS a decent story. A lot of the story does seem rushed as it was all crammed into 13 episodes and the ending was actually altered to that of the manga. I was not put off by this as the anime ending adds a complex twist and really throws you off if you have already read the manga. I cried at the end of this anime, not everyone does but those few who truly care usually do... or you just don't cry easily at these things. :P Watch eet.

I am gonna leave it as this as my hands hurt from typing. Bai for now.

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   27/4/2013, 7:24 pm

How could I forget Paranoia Agent? It is excellent psychological thriller/mystery that keeps you entwined in the plot all the way through

I, like, make plushies or something
http://arualsti.deviantart.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.arualsti.deviantart.com
Raffy

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   9/5/2013, 5:02 am

im a bit suprised that no one mentioned K also known as K-Project its one of my favorites.

Its about a guy called Yashiro (Shiro )he's always friendly but also quite lazy but since the recent murder of Tatara Totsuka, prominent member of the infamous HOMRA. No one knows who exactly killed him but the man responsible bears an uncanny, identical appearance to Yashiro. Seeking vengeance, the Red Clansmen of HOMRA set out to get Yashiro and kill him.

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   10/5/2013, 7:48 pm

im currently in the middle of watching Denpa Onna Seishun Otoko, but my favorite would have to be Kokoro Connect or Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo.
I like plenty anime genres but anything with a good romance and im hooked Derp Tongue

Sayo wrote:

5 - Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, a fairly new anime which is about a girl who has something known as Eight Grader Syndrome. This is where the person thinks they possess some sort of super power but in reality they do not. It is an amusing anime with high comedy factor. The character development is very well done and the story itself is touching. The anime has a deep meaning to it and really made me think about life. It's either that or the fact I get super emotional over the smallest thing in anime.

I loved this one so much! Definitely in my top five somwhere

Mario
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   10/5/2013, 8:44 pm

Ooooh, i remembered another anime i used to loooove :D
D.Gray-man. that is all

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animoo   

Back to top Go down

Animoo