HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Lights of Harmony III

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   26/7/2013, 1:54 pm

Fas was asleep on the balcony of the sun room while Gold was leafing through a book, which was on building design and the history behind those designs. She had a lot to plan for after all, and Stone had left her to come up with a design for now until the grey mare could make sure the payments would be clear.

Meanwhile, Mist had been sitting in the kitchen, sipping on some apple juice when she heard the tell-tale signs of training. This made the unicorn grin.

She loved watching Lightning train.

Mist would admit that she found the power Lightning can show quite....intriguing, for a polite word.

She brushed past a near dozing Whisk, who immediately perked up at the contact and went back to what she was doing...or rather, had not even started doing.

Mist went out with her glass in her magic and sat on the grass in the shade, taking a sip every once and a while.

"Maybe I'll get to see her show more of her leadership skills....that pegasus certainly has more talent than what she originally thought."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   27/7/2013, 5:16 am

Lightning watched the twins practicing attacking and blocking with their wings, soft padded edges meeting with a dull thud. Inferno and Hailstone were also going at it, but it was very clear that Hailstone was holding her strength back. She looked towards the wall, where the dummy she was using earlier still lay shattered amongst the bits of concrete. Hailstone could seriously injure Inferno if she wasn't being so cautious.

As for the stallions, they were more than apt to do their part in the training. Vertigo had ended up being paired with Brimstone and it was quite a spectacle to see him try to overpower Brimstone. It certainly was difficult for him to even get hits in, but he could at least see where he was faltering.

"All right!" Lightning called out. "Break off for lunch!"

The prospective guards stopped what they were up to and nodded. They had worked up an appetite, and now they were just itching for something to fill their stomachs. Lightning watched them go before she herself went back towards the house.

She stopped when she saw Mist sitting there. She blushed slightly, "Did I keep you waiting? I had no idea you were there."

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   27/7/2013, 5:48 am

Mist giggled as she smiled, standing up and nuzzling Lightning.

"No....I just love watching you while you work."

She let the comment hang as she levitated her empty glass, turning and brushing her tail under Lightning's chin as she went into the house with the pegasus behind her.

She sat at the kitchen table as Whisk quickly assembled a lunch for Lightning, mostly a fruit salad and some bread with jam. Something a little healthier while still giving Lightning some energy. She placed a large bowl of the fruit salad on the table and put two bowls down for Lightning and Mist, then brought over a plate of sliced bread and two jars of either grape or apricot jam.

"Just wanted to try something else. I hope it's alright."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   28/7/2013, 2:41 am

Lightning nodded. "It works just fine. Thank you Whisk." She grabbed hold of the serving tongs and gave herself a heathy portion of fruit salad on her plate. As she began making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, she grabbed the Apricot jam and dragged it over to herself.

"So, be Honest. This is their third day straight from boot camp. Do you think I'll be able to pull this off in a month?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   29/7/2013, 5:16 am

Mist lightly swallowed a slice of watermelon and gave a small grin.

"Lightning, from what I have seen, you are proving to be a great instructor for these ponies. Sometimes I've been sensing energy levels rising with each of the guards and Wonderbolts. I honestly think that the Guards themselves will show great results by the middle of the month, and that they'll be pulling off the Weather Wing routine twice over by the end of the month."

She leaned over and nuzzled Lightning's cheek.

"I can say for sure that you will pull this off."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   29/7/2013, 11:15 pm

Lightning smiled weakly. "Somehow, I'm finding it hard to believe you. But if you think ai can... Well, I'll trust your judgment over my skewed sense if optimism."

She put down her glass of pineapple juice and looked more seriously at Mist. "I need your help. I'm concerned that Null and Void will barely make the cut st the end of all of this training at best. I clearly can't have them running around in full armor or they'll drop like flies. Yet, its important that they bond together. I can make them train the same way as the others but I don't think they'll be useful that esy. Do you know what I mean?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   30/7/2013, 6:24 am

Mist slowly nodded as she scratched her chin.

"Maybe we could have them be a form of light guard? Like in the older days, when Equestria was a lot more cautious around war, they had different kinds of guards, and usually the smaller ones were used for light work and such."

She shrugged.

"So for Null and Void, we give them the role of a light soldier, where we focus a little more on speed than strength."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   30/7/2013, 9:28 am

"I'm... I'm not too keen on seperating them from the group until training is finished. They will complete the same training as everypony else, but I agree that they need to have a specialized place. But as light soldiers, they will be too vulnerable in a fight. Granted their magic cancellation ability is powerful, I don't want them to get hurt in the front."

Lightning frowned. There were more dangerous operations of course - ones that they were much better suited to. Stealth, spying - both could be good for them. But would they endure the training?

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   30/7/2013, 9:47 am

Mist sighed as she tapped a hoof on the table, idly going through the motion.

"Unless we incorporate their abilities as a means of an advantage, I'm not sure where we could put them...."

She sighed again and leaned back into her chair, now idly eating a slice of fruit, swallowing, then speaking.

"Then again, Hailstone and Inferno have shown to carry an....excess in power, with Hailstone being so large and unrelenting and Inferno being so wily and unpredictable. I have been tracking their magical output during the training, and both are projecting way above average the amount power needed to successfully pull off Weather Wing. Not as much as you, of course love, but still quite a lot."

She ran a hoof through her mane.

"Having them being a normal class of Guard would waste their abilities, and having Null and Void as a normal class of Guard would be demanding too much for them to give."

Mist shook her head.

"I'm not really sure what to do...normally someone who has experience in leading ponies and putting them where they belong would be a good one to ask, but at the moment, I can't really think of anyone we know that has that experience..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   30/7/2013, 11:15 am

Lightning groaned. "I need to do some research. See what divisions used to exist within the military. Perhaps I should visit the library and talk with Twilight?"

She shook her head. "I won't have time for that. The move is tomorrow. I'll have to figure it out when the time comes."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   30/7/2013, 11:51 am

Mist sighed and nodded.

"I don't even know what kind of divisions the Vigilate have. All I know is magic and combat, and even then I tend to use magic for recreational use instead of research."

She laid her head on the table, her chin touching the top.

"I don't think we necessarily have to figure that out now...since we're only on the starting days of training. As you said, we'll figure it out when the time comes..."

"Or ah could train 'em!"

Mist turned to look at her father, who had just wandered into the kitchen with a smile on his face, having overheard their conversation.

Mist could feel a cold shiver travel down her spine.

"Dad, you trained five heavily-armored soldiers to run faster by tying venison around their necks and releasing a pack of Scoltish gray wolves after them."

Blade shrugged.

"It worked...."

Mist gained a deadpan expression.

"And remember when you dumped an entire squad of couriers in bordering forests of the Frozen North and told them they'd learn how to survive like that?"

Blade gave a sheepish smile.

"They all survived...."

Mist was sitting up taller this time.

"And let's not forget what happened to Hemlock. She still gets nervous around buckets-"

Blade held up both his hooves.

"Whoa whoa now tha' was no' me fault! Ah though' it'd help with 'er fear of snakes."

Mist sighed as she stood.

"Look, papa, I really appreciate you volunteering to train them, but I don't really think your special kind of training would be...wanted..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   30/7/2013, 2:39 pm

Lightning smiled. "I couldn't ask that from you. Stretching the payroll for another pony - no problem. But you have Vigilate training. I don't think that the order would look very kindly on a retired soldier spreading around training techniques. Especially with the other Houses watching our moves closely."

She giggled. "Although, if there was a way to make it work, I'd certainly be tempted. You've actually seen combat, like us. And judging from the scars, I'd say a lot more than we have. I'm sure Mist could get used to her family being close to home."

Her eyes flicked over to Mist, a half-teasing, half-serious look on her face.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   30/7/2013, 3:01 pm

Mist only gave a small glare while Blade gave a small laugh.

"Aye lassie, the Council is prote'ive of the Vigilate's te'niques. Too bad."

He walked over and grabbed a large large slice of apple and watermelon and shoved the serving into his muzzle, chewing it rather loudly before swallowing.

He smiled, gave a salute, and walked away from the two.

Mist sighed as she looked at Lightning.

"It's not just the techniques, but my dad is rather....eccentric in training those under him. All of those happened, and...more..."

She shivered and continued.

"But they were surprisingly successful. Anyways..."

She looked at the clock and smiled faintly.

"Well, I think you'll have to go back out in a bit. I'd suggest shoveling your food in and heading out. I'll join you and watch a little later myself."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   1/8/2013, 9:44 am

Lightning walked calmly at the group gathered in front of her. They were tired and exhausted, but they were standing vigilant, awaiting her next instruction. She had to hoof it to them - they were determined to do well. Ponies who she knew would have had their talents crushed by the generals would bloom here. At least, that was her goal.

"Weapon practice! Split off to your personal arms."

Hailstone trotted over to the armor rack and grabbed a shield and a spear. Slipping on the shield over one hoof, she looked to see if Inferno was behind her. There were few other ponies she trusted would take her held back blows.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   1/8/2013, 10:10 am

Inferno was still grinning as she walked up to the weapon's rack and pulled a large, silver bladed claymore off the top, not even stumbling as she placed the flat side of the blade on her back and used a wing to keep it pressed down.

The vermillion mare grinned and nodded at Hailstone as she lead them to a field.

Dalila, seeing this, made her way over to the two, looking inquisitively at Inferno.

"A large blade is hard to control. Why do you choose a claymore?"

Inferno shrugged.

"Because I know that I surpassed my usual training if I learn how to use this huge-ass thing. I don't wanna be 'good', I wanna be 'great'."

She gave a wide smile as she moved past Dalila and stood on one side of the field, waiting for Hailstone.

Dalila allowed a small smile and a shake of her head as she turned and stood by Temporal, while Mist came out of the house and sat in the grass, wanting to see how this part of the training would go. Her father had told her that he was going for a walk, so she was free to do whatever she wanted.

"This should prove to be interesting."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   1/8/2013, 10:19 am

Hailstone stood across from her, shield in a ready position. The spear slid through her grip and she tucked it under her wing. Her eyes caught sight of Inferno's as she nodded to her to start.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   1/8/2013, 10:28 am

Inferno grinned as slid the sword off her back and used her wing's movement to swing it at Hailstone, clashing against her shield.

With that clang, the spar began.

Meanwhile, Mist moved over and stood, walking to Lightning standing by her, smiling.

"These ponies carry a lot of potential. I can see it in their eyes that they want to truly become Storm Hammers."

She moved her eyes to the sparring between Hailstone and Inferno.

"Those two are already progressing much faster than needed. Hailstone is even trying her best to hold back her strength."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   1/8/2013, 10:39 am

Hailstone rolled to the side and ducked under the swing of the claymore. As she turned around to face Inferno she threw the shield in the way of the blade as it struck. Almost on instinct, she tucked herself tight together, her eyes wide. Her wing shot out and she pushed back on Inferno.

The result was the opposite of what she intended. Inferno, the grass and part of the ground behind her were launched backwards towards the house. Lightning dropped everything and began forming a cloud at her hooves. They tapped against it.

The crack of thunder in the clear sky freaked the heck out of the guards practicing as Lightning seemingly appeared in front of the guard house with Inferno in her hooves. Not to mention with Inferno's mane standing on end as if she'd been struck by lightning - no pun intended.

"Are you alright?" Lightning asked.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   1/8/2013, 10:59 am

Inferno shook her head as her eyes went from being wide open to half closed. She gave a faint giggle as she sighed, a small amount of smoke almost comically coming out of her mouth.

"Now I think I know what happened in Canterlot when that crazy electrical storm struck."

She looked up at Lightning, gave a cheeky smile, then slowly slid onto her rump.

Mist made her way over, including Fas, who had been on the roof.

The griffon checked on Inferno before simply smiling.

"She's fine, if a little hazed."

Mist nodded at her own readings before standing up.

She noticed her father walking into the area, his horn glowing and what looked to be a strange mare hovering in front of him. He walked over to the others as Fas slowly laid Inferno on her side so she could get reoriented.

The pegasus mare in Blade's magical grasp was dropped in front of Mist, Fas, and Lightning, shaking a little as she looked at all three before lowering herself to the ground a little. She had a brown coat with a mane and tail of black and copper, and it looked as though she had gone without a good grooming for a long time. Her brown eyes were even a little bloodshot.

Blade looked a little unamused, of stoic, as he opened up a bag he was carrying a levitated a camera to Lightning.

"Ah caugh' her sittin' in the trees. Ah know this property's borders, an' she was inside it."

Mist frowned as she stepped forward, her voice carrying a dangerous tone.

"What are you doing here?"

The mare whimpered a little as she looked up, and seeing Mist's faintly glowing eyes had her immediately speaking.

"I-I was only doing my job! Some stallion in a fancy cloak came to me and offered a huge frickin' bag of bits if I took pictures of the house and gave the negatives to him!"

Fas stepped forward this time.

"...What's your name..."

She looked down and whimpered as her man covered part of her face.

"...Flash.....m-my name is Flash..."

Mist gave Lightning an inquisitive look before turning back to the mare.

"Why would you do this...."

Flash gave a helpless look as she flapped her unkempt wings.

"I-I have to eat, okay? My landlord kicked me out of my apartment and told me to come back only when I had the bits to pay. I couldn't just turn down a whole fucking bag of bits! I'd be able to live off that for an entire year! I don't care about the whole problem with the Houses and crap like that, in fact I find what you guys and Lady Hurricane have pretty cool, but every mare has to make bits, right?"

Mist only gave Lightning another look that seemed to ask for her input.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   1/8/2013, 11:26 am

Lightning hefted the camera and looked at the mare.

"Tell me exactly what Platinum's paying you."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   1/8/2013, 11:33 am

Flash only rolled a hoof as she kept her face partially covered.

"I-I think the stallion said, like, 5,000 bits. I didn't even believe him at first until he pulled out a bag and showed me what was inside! Not only could I pay my rent for half the year, but I'd be able to eat too. I used to earn a lot being a photographer for some companies when I got replaced by someone better. My camera is probably worth a good 700 bits."

She continued to shiver while Mist sighed.

"To think they would pay someone that much for pictures.....but how can we tell that she's being truthful?"

Fas spoke.

"Because she's unwashed, almost about to cry, and she's afraid. A pony can only take so much before lowering their standards."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   1/8/2013, 11:46 am

Lightning eyed her for a moment before placing the camera on the ground. "Move out of your place. Platinum will silence you as soon as you bring the money. I've seen it happen to mares like you, down on their luck, and no one who cares if you go missing. I never understood what happened until I got older and overheard stories about how they dump them off in a faraway land without their memory of how they got there."

She tapped the camera. "Do you have anything you don't want to lose at your apartment?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   1/8/2013, 11:50 am

Flash only gave a brief look at Lightning before lowering her head again.

"...M-Mostly my camera equipment and some collectable things I got from ponies I worked with."

She awkwardly drew a circle in the dirt with a hoof.

"...and a necklace that a...'friend' gave me."

She looked up at Lightning, confusion in her features.

"W-Why do you wanna know?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   1/8/2013, 12:51 pm

Lightning leaned in and whispered into your ear. "Is your... 'friend' still in Canterlot? Are you still seeing them?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   1/8/2013, 12:55 pm

Flash only flushed as she meekly nodded.

"Yeah...she's still in Canterlot. I've been....seeing her for a time now....she's the only real interaction I have now."

The pegasus looked at the camera that Mist was now holding.

"She helped me buy that camera....my first and only camera."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony III
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next