HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Lights of Harmony III

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   12/4/2013, 5:21 pm

The part about not being allowed to build suddenly hit Stone and she sat straight up.

"Oh geez, that's something we have to take into consideration too."

She sighed and stood up, following after Lightning and Wit with Gold right behind her, having grabbed her papers and envelopes.

Stone continued.

"Since possibly an amount of Ponyville may dislike us for opening a store, it means that Gold and I will have to shell out more bits in order to raise security measures, like cameras and shatter-proof windows."

Gold spoke up.

"Fas and Mist might be able to enchant this store, like Fine and Mist did for our last one. Stronger fronts and maybe wards."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   13/4/2013, 2:29 am

Lightning nodded grimly. "Yeah. That would be a very good idea. Though if you build it in this quarter while the land is still free game you might be in a more hospitable environment. Though I know you want to be close to the markets."

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   13/4/2013, 5:19 am

Gold nodded as she turned with them.

"Closer to the market means better prices, better income, being in the flow of traffic, and more accessibility by the general crowd. I wouldn't want to walk all the way to our house just to buy a speaker set, in their eyes I mean."

Stone took over after Gold finished speaking.

"We like to offer good and somewhat cheap products, but if we prove to have a higher grade in tech with a reasonable price, we'll be able to draw a crowd."

Gold nodded and continued after Stone.

"And they might overlook us being your marefriends if they become too focused on how good our products are and how well we can make the custom ones."

She suddenly grinned slyly.

"Of course, having a sexy model like Fleur de Lis flaunting our products like pieces of jewelry will certainly get the populaces' attention, and maybe even the attention of the customers that pay 'high grade' for expensive customs."

Gold grimaced a little.

"Before we even start, I think I should bring out my tools, clean 'em, and maybe go out and by more tools to use. Gonna need a cabinet too to hold them."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   13/4/2013, 6:52 am

Lightning pointed at the window. "You could ask Axel to add a side room for your tools with the armor and stuff. I dunno where you should put them now. Plenty of rooms in the house if you want to pick one for now."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   13/4/2013, 7:32 am

Gold spoke up.

"I actually have a place in the mansion I wanted to turn into a private workspace so that I can work in peace. It's spacious and the window means I won't suffocate from the fumes anytime soon."

Stone sighed Gold, but then smiled.

"We'll get things figured out....maybe in a few days we'll be done planning...."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   13/4/2013, 9:43 am

Lightning nodded. "Sure. Just show me what you need me to move out of the room or move into it. We can take care of that while the kettle is on to boil. I'm sure Fas will help as well."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   13/4/2013, 9:55 am

Gold smiled.

"I'll keep that in mind...."

The sun shined brightly in the early morning air, its rays reaching into the kitchen window of the Hurricane household, and nearly on the three ponies sitting at the table and trying to enjoy breakfast.

Gold yawned as she sipped a cup of straight black coffee, shivering a little at how strong it was. Mist was eating toast, only snacking on it since she had been awoken by accident by Gold.

The gold-maned pegasus looked across the table at Lightning, who looked rather tired still.

"Hey Lightning, you want some of my coffee? A little sugar to add to its caffeine might perk ya right up."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   13/4/2013, 10:40 am

Lightning shook her head. "I can't stand the taste of coffee. Tea is good enough for me."

She took a sip of her tea and let her head settle on the kitchen table. What she wanted to do was go back upstairs and sleep. Now that her nightmares were settling down because of Tempest's meditation, she was sleeping longer, and becoming more tired during the day. Something about shared energy.

She jolted upright when there came a knock at the door. But as soon as she was upright, she flopped her head onto the table with a thud.

"Can somepony else get that?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   13/4/2013, 10:56 am

Mist leaned over and started to rub Lightning's mane as Gold stood up and exited the kitchen, heading for the front door.

She opened the door, only to be greeted by a few ponies she didn't know. Gold was about to ask what they wanted before one of them, a stallion, spoke up.

"Um...is Lady Hurricane home?"

Gold raised a brow and spoke.

"And why do you ask?"

He gave a small, pleading expression.

"Please, we need to talk to her."

Gold stared, but saw the honesty in his eyes. She sighed and nodded as she told them to wait a moment. She closed the door and headed back to the kitchen.

"Lightning? There's some ponies at the door looking for you. They don't look like they want to bother us or anything, so I say we're good. They want to talk to you."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   13/4/2013, 11:30 am

Lightning nodded and walked... stumbled to the door. She opened it and yawned. "Yes?"

They each bowed in front of her. A family of earth ponies - a mother, father and filly - several couples, and a few singular ponies. All of them appeared to be from all walks of life. She raised an eyebrow.

"Lady Lightning! A pleasure to meet you. My name is Peach Pit, and this is my wife Corncake. We're all here, including those behind me, to ask if we could purchase some of this land to move in this new district."

Lightning blinked. "I'm not sure I'm in charge of that-"

"The mayor said otherwise. This district is under your jurisdiction. We were just hoping that we could start our new life here. I know there's not much out here other than Sweet Apple Acres, and the batponies who are moving in. But we want to start here. All of us.

Lightning stared at them open mouthed.

"I know its a lot - we all read the papers. I can't speak for everyone's reasons for leaving where they called home, but we all want to be here, where there's new opportunity."

Lightning thought for a few moments. "And you all spoke with the mayor?"

They all nodded.

"You can afford this move?"

They looked at each other. "Some of us have loans to start this transition and a few of us are unemployed. But we know the consequences."

"Who am I to stop you then. Welcome to the Midnight Quarter of Ponyville. Remember that you must be able to coexist peacefully with the Batponies. they are new to town. Not all of them have adjusted to the day schedule."

One of the stallions rose his hoof. "I'm a night owl, so that works just fine."

"If you have any questions, talk to Lady Comet Strike. She is the leader of their group and can use the help. They have also been designing the quarter, so run your ideas through them."

They all nodded cheefully and began walking off chatting to one another excitedly. Lightning closed the door and groaned. Things were getting more complicated.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   13/4/2013, 11:48 am

Gold sidled up to Lightning as she entered a small smile on her face.

"Sooo? Who were the ponies and what did they want?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   13/4/2013, 12:44 pm

"New residents. Tea now. Talk in five minutes."

Lightning sat back in her chair and sipped her tea. She shook her head to try and shake the sleepiness from her head but it didn't help much.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   13/4/2013, 1:03 pm

Gold gave a lazy smile as she sat back at the table.

"Don't be like that Lightning. I'm sure things will work out for you. Supporters are moving in, which means you have a chance to make a true name for yourself in Ponyville. You don't have to prove yourself I know, but it's still great to have ponies respecting you."

She leaned back in the chair.

"Means I don't have to knock any heads in."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   14/4/2013, 1:33 pm

"I guess."

Lightning drank down her entire cup of hot tea in one go, before rising from her chair. She was hungry. There was a long day of flying and practicing ahead of her. She grabbed an orange from the fridge and brought it to the table. At first she began to try and peel it herself before she gave up and offered it to Mist to do it for her.

"It means more chances for one of those big riots though."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   14/4/2013, 2:10 pm

Mist grabbed the orange with her magic and proceeded to peel it, speaking.

"Well, we can't necessarily be the ones to completely prevent a riot from happening, but to be honest, if ponies were willing to come to you in hopes that you would give them the opportunity to establish a new life for not only themselves, but for their wives and children...."

She handed the peeled orange to Lightning.

"...it means that they carry a shred of trust for you, and I don't think they would want to screw that up just to pick a fight with the outnumbering batponies, or with the one who defeated Noble Victory."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   14/4/2013, 4:37 pm

"Still," she said biting into the orange. A light hum followed, content with her food. She swallowed, "since I'm in charge of this district, it makes it a whole lot more difficult to protect it when we have two guards, some staff that I've just worked out salaries for, and us being out almost all day. It just makes me uneasy that fillies and colts could be at risk because of me."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   14/4/2013, 4:51 pm

Gold grinned and pecked Lightning on the cheek.

"Don't worry Lightning, we will cross that bridge when we come to it, and I'm sure nothing really bad will happen to the children. If I know one thing about batponies, they are horrified at the thought of children being hurt."

She smirked this time as she leaned back into her chair.

"Now, I don't want my little teacher pony getting all worried at the moment, when she has some important things on her plate that I'm confident that she will be able to take care of them with only a few minor problems."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   15/4/2013, 1:49 am

Lightning lifted her head from the table and stared at Gold. She lifted an eyebrow, "'Teacher' pony?" Why in the world would Gold say something like that? She was a teacher in a sense but that certainly-

Oh.

Lightning looked slyly at Gold. So that's what she was into. "That's right. I have students I need to teach and discipline."

she giggled and kissed each of her mares on the cheek. "See you later tonight. Can you ask Comet Strike and Fancy Pants if they know of any up and coming cooks that need a job? We have to get somepony for that. I'll cook tonight when I get home."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   15/4/2013, 3:24 am

Gold smirked as she spoke.

"I'm sure Fancy or Comet Strike have a cook-in-training that we can hire. Fancy knows a lot of ponies, so I'll start with him first."

She stood and nuzzled Lightning's cheek.

"Have a good day of teaching Lightning."

Mist got up and mirrored the action.

"Yes, have a good day Lightning. We'll see you tonight."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   15/4/2013, 11:05 am

Lightning trotted out into the open field at the Wonderbolt Academy - the only thing she had dreamed of attending seriously, but never had. It was beautiful, built at the top of a mountain plain. Well kept grass swayed in the early morning breeze as she trotted over to a nice large patch of such.

As she began to warm up in earnest, she lost herself in the feeling of the winds rushing around her. Wisps of wind pushed through the grass as she turned, flinging a few flowers skyward.

"Morning."

Lightning slowly brought herself to a halt. Rainbow Dash stood across from her, sans her Wonderbolt Uniform. She was instead only wearing a pair of wing covers as she'd requested. Behind her stood a few more of the performers and a few prospective students - one of which looked no older than being fresh out of school.

Lightning smiled. "Good morning! Are we ready to get started?"

One of the wonderbolts nodded and yawned.

"First, we're going to start with some stretches."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   15/4/2013, 11:52 am

Gold yawned as she loaded her satchel, a few writing materials, and a few miscellaneous things. She pulled the satchel onto her back, put her aviators in her mane above her eyes, and put her radiophones around her neck.

As she walked for the door, Fas hovered from the stairs down beside her, a knapsack on her back.

Gold raised a brow.

"What about the barn?"

Fas grinned.

"Temp' and 'Lila can handle me being gone for a day. So I guess we're heading for Fancy Pant's place?"

Gold nodded and yawned again, shaking her head to wake herself more.

"Yeah. We're gonna fly to Canterlot and talk to Fancy Pants, and maybe with Fleur de Lis. Both of them should know a few things. And while we're gone, Stone and Mist will go visit Lady Comet Strike. We come back, go over what we find, then choose the best candidate."

Fas scratched her chin.

"Sounds good. Let's get going then."

Gold nodded and they both took flight, gaining speed at a fast rate and disappearing in the distance.

Stone looked up at a window, seeing a simple brown blur and a trail of glittering gold stars disappear in the clouds. She sighed and closed her book, looking over at Mist, who was sitting across the table from her. Stone put the book into a saddlebag and motioned with a hoof.

"Axel and the others will watch the house while we're gone. Let's get to Lady Comet Strike and see what we can find on cooks."

Mist nodded, loading up her saddlebags as well and they both quickly left the house, heading for the Everfree District.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   15/4/2013, 12:04 pm

"Are you sure this is the way to do it?"

Lightning looked at the young student struggling to use her wings to shape a cloud. Unlike the other Wonderbolts, who probably had years of practice with weather, the young mare was likely not as experienced. Everytime she tried to shape the cloud it fell apart in her wing tips.

The only one having an excellent time was Tempest. It was her first time ever, out of the house, and once she popped out of her bags from her nap, she became the life of the party. She also managed to catch on quicker than the Wonderbolts, which was starting to frustrate the hay out of Dash.

Lightning trotted over to the student. "Be more gentle with it. It's.... it's kind of like preening. Pull too hard and you pull the feather out. Pull too gently, nothing happens."

The student nodded and grabbed the piece of cloud in her hooves. She looked determined. "Try again."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   15/4/2013, 12:17 pm

Gold drank down her bottle of water as she and Fas landed went through the streets of upper Canterlot, both of them drawing a little more attention than necessary, especially Fas. Of course, a mumbled comment from a passing mare about Fas 'carrying fleas' had the pegasus dragging her into an alley in order to calm her down.

Of course, it took a few kisses and some reassuring words, but Fas was now having a better time at ignoring the other noble ponies.

The finally arrived at the familiar gate, Gold pressing a button on the intercom at the gate.

"Hm, yes, who is this?"

Gold grinned.

"Yo Fancy. It's me, Gold. Brought Fas with me. We're here to see if you have any leads on an up-and-coming cook that we could find."

There was short silence, then the gate hummed and opened, Fancy speaking from the intercom.

"Do please come in. I think I might be able to help you."

Gold smirked as she patted Fas on the shoulder and they both entered, the gate closing behind them.

Meanwhile Stone and Mist walked through the Everfree District, the streets mostly empty and void of batponies, since it was technically their time to sleep, though they did see a few ponies walking around, most greeting them with smiles and hellos.

Stone scratched her mane and spoke to Mist.

"So.....where do we find Lady Comet Strike?"

They both suddenly stopped, and after a few moments, Stone facehooved.

"Oh damn it all."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   16/4/2013, 3:56 am

"I cancelled my History of Combat class for weather duty?" One of the stallions said.

Lightning's class had finally ended for the day. It was already into the afternoon and while a few of the others were happy with this so far, he had been the most irritated with his attendance. She raised an eyebrow and stared at him.

"Is there a problem, Swordplay?" She asked.

He rolled his eyes. "I was under the impression you were going to actually teach Weather Wing. Not a reiteration of weather duty."

"These exercises are to get you aclimated to your innate magic as a pegasus. While, yes, it seems like weather duty, there are slight differences. Have you ever shaped clouds with wings before? They don't teach that in school."

He flattened his features. "Some artists do it. Most of us use our wings to grab items, so it's really just the same thing in a different way. There is no point to this class."

"You don't have to come-"

"That's not true. I do have to come here. I have to move my classes just so I can play with clouds and weather!"

Lightning scowled at him. "If you don't learn the basics-"

"Did Lord Sandstorm - your ancestor - learn the basics while he was being attacked and overrun by changelings? Did Commander Hurricane have a blueprint for his methodology? I've studied combat throughout the ages that could beat this namby-pamby excuse for a 'technique'!"

"Prove it."

Swordplay growled at her.

Rainbow Dash put herself between them. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Give it a rest you two. Swordplay, you have no idea what she's capable of and Lightning, Swordplay is not your enemy or anything like that."

Scootaloo piped up, "Why not let them spar?"

Rainbow looked at her incredulously. "What?!"

Scootaloo rolled her eyes. "Swordplay is a master of fifteen different fighting forms. He can easily handle any technique she can throw at him. It's not like she's going to make another hurricane-"

Swordplay laughed. "She almost died making that hurricane. She was in the hospital for weeks! That kind of power is far out of her reach."

Lightning narrowed her eyes. "I only need a fraction of that anyway. Mundane arts can't hold up against magical ones."

Swordplay slipped forward and dove for Lightning, but she expected it and rolled to the side. With a quick blast of air, she had the pegasus flat on his back. He growled angrily and rose to his hooves. But she'd had it with him. The air dried out around them and the temperature went up, sapping the strength from her student, just enough to make him tired. He tried to push himself on the offensive, but collapsed.

She put the weather back to normal and brought over a bottle of water. "Drink this," she said calmly. He took it without question. "Satisfied with where we're going?"

He nodded shortly, still a bit upset at the turn of events. "I'm sorry for that."

"It's alright. Just be patient. Had you done something like I did without knowing the basics, you'd be a heap on the floor just like your opponent."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   16/4/2013, 5:48 am

Gold whistled a small tune as she and Fas walked through the decorated halls of Fancy Pant's manor, a few servants passing by them and paying no real heed, though one of them gave the pegasus and griffon a quizzical look.

Fas spoke to Gold.

"Do you even know where we're going?"

Gold nodded.

"Yeah, we're going to his office. Stone and I have been here a couple times, so we know where to go."

Fas raised a brow, but nodded as they continued on.

It was a only a minute until they spotted Fancy walking down the hall and towards them. Gold grinned.

"Looks like we don't have to find him."

Fancy chuckled as he stopped with the mare and lioness.

"Dear Gold and Fas, it is a pleasure to see you two again. Now, I am to believe that you are looking for an up and coming chef?"

Gold nodded.

"Yeah, we're hoping to hire a cook, since Lightning is going to be getting busier and we can't really just eat out all the time, no matter HOW much I want to."

Fancy chuckled before smiling and scratching his chin.

"Hmmm....I do believe that I have hired a new chef who is fresh out of her classes a few weeks ago, but the poor mare is not receiving any respect from her fellow cooks though, I'm afraid."

Fas tilted her head.

"And why is that?"

Fancy sighed.

"Well, it appears to be a number of reasons, according to my head chef. From being a mare to not having any significant background of cooking in her family's history to her still being fresh from her classes. Puts quite a damper on her and my spirits. She IS quite skilled though, being able to cook with such coordination and skill that I believe all of the hostility directed towards her is simple my cooks being jealous."

Gold smirked.

"Stallions.....no offense Fancy."

Fancy only chuckled.

"None given. I could introduce you to her. She's on her break right now."

Gold signaled with a hoof.

"Lead the way....."

Meanwhile, Stone was sighing and rubbing her head, nearly mussing up her mohawk.

"Great....how are we supposed to find Lady Comet Strike if we don't even know where she is?"

Mist shrugged helplessly.

"I don't know....."

Stone sighed and laid her head on the table they were sitting at.

"Well....I suppose we should keep looking...."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony III
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next