Share | 

The Lights of Harmony III

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   7/4/2013, 10:44 am

Lightning smiled. Its too bad there weren't nearly as many ponies like Bath Beads in the world. Well... There weren't enough vocal ponies like Bath Beads. Her mind flicked back to the editorial and she smiled. At least there were two more ponies that were ok with all of this - or at least, bold enough to say or do something to show it.

"That would be nice. You're lucky you know so many good ponies. I never had the luxury of friends or ponies that respected me until you four came along. Except for Red and Diamond. At least they had my back when I was growing up."

Her eyes lit up and a giddy smile came to her face. "Speaking of, Diamond sent me a letter. Apparently she discovered the largest diamond in the word. About the size of the average cart. She got it out in one solid piece too."

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   7/4/2013, 11:19 am

Fas's eyes widened and she quickly spoke in a hushed tone.

"Is she going to be alright with that? Diamonds are still worth a lot, especially in such a large form."

She looked around before back at Lightning.

"Does she have it secured somewhere?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   7/4/2013, 11:29 am

Lightning nodded. "She sold it to the Museum of Geology out in Vanhoover. They were more than happy to take it now that nopony is made of stone. Brutal irony to be honest. Not sure why that place is still in business after everything that happened. But I suppose it is a culture. Di is happy, so I'm happy for her."

They walked back onto the path to the mansions front door. Lightning groaned. "Shoot. I forgot to cook. Want to take somepony and get a bunch of pizzas?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   7/4/2013, 12:30 pm

Fas sighed and rolled her shoulders.

"I suppose. I just got back from the barn, but I'm feeling pretty restless right now."

She tapped her chin.

"Hm, Gold's still acting weird, and I think Mist's busy with something involving Anima."

Fas shrugged.

"I'll take Stone with me. She's sensible enough..."

She chuckled at the last part as they entered the house, with Stone in the living room with Gold. Fas spoke up to Stone.

"Hey Stone, mind coming with me to get pizza? I got some bits on me to pay."

Stone nodded, and after goodbyes, they were out the door and heading towards Ponyville.

Gold looked over at Lightning.

"Lightning? I got a great letter in the mail! It seems that, due to some time crunching, the photo shoot for Fleur de Lis for our store is going to be bumped up to a few days from now! We need to gather a few things."

She got up and pranced a little.

"This is great! I mean, now we can actually ADVERTISE! With FLEUR being our spokesmare!"

She grinned widely.

"Of course, now we have to plan on getting the store BUILT!"

Gold sidled up to Lightning.

"And of course, I might need a little help. You know, cost and all that. I'll also need your input on design ideas."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   8/4/2013, 12:45 pm

Lightning shrugged. "Like Insaid, I would be happy to help you out, but you and Stone insisted you wanted to pay for it-"

She blinked. "Wait what? You don't have a store, yet you're getting somepony out here to advertise for it? In a few days? How the hay are you supposed to handle that? Do you know where to put it?" Lightning stared incredulously at her mate and pointed at the kitchen. "You better go grab Quick Wit. She can probably bail you out of this mess."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   8/4/2013, 1:04 pm

Gold waved a hoof.

"Whoa whoa Lightning, slow down and take a breath."

She smiled serenely.

"What they are going to do is take pictures of Fleur advertising our merchandise, and while they process the pictures, Stone and I will be getting the store figured out and built. Since there's a high chance that we will not have the store ready, I told Fancy Pants to hold the advertising out of of circulation until we are ready."

She pulled up to Lightning and pulled her into a half hug.

"THEN we will send the advertisements out. We're in no rush."

She pulled away.

"But I suppose I will need Quick Wit to help me and Stone crunch numbers so that we can see where we stand on bits. In case we had anything extra added that is absolutely necessary for the building to stand and be operable, then we will come to you for anything extra."

Gold gave a lazy, yet relaxed grin.

"Stone and I planned before we even moved out of the store, so we know what we are doing. And since we won't have to live in the building either, we can cut a floor off and instead use that money to make the main floor larger."

The gold-maned pegasus went over and pecked Lightning on the nose and nuzzled her cheek.

"So please relax."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   8/4/2013, 3:31 pm

Lightning nodded and looked away. An embarassed look flashed across her face and she coughed into her hoof. "Sorry. I just want you to be successful. I want to help, I just thought... Sorry."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   8/4/2013, 3:43 pm

Gold giggled as she went over and bumped Lightning's flank with her own.

"Come on, Stone and I may not show it, we're actually pretty smart with the business. We're just not as serious as other business ponies."

She suddenly gave a sly grin and whispered to Lightning.

"If you're good, we might just hire you to 'work' for us...."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   9/4/2013, 2:09 am

Lightning blushed and looked away. "That would be the only time you'd see me if you did that. I start training the Wonderbolts for the Academy classes tomorrow. I think I might also be training hopefuls, but I'm not sure. All I know is that its every Tuesday and Thursday for two hours. Of course the academy isn't that far, I do still need to figure out how I'm going to feed everypony."

Quick Wit trotted into the living room with the record book in hoof. "Lady Lightning-"

Lightning looked up and rolled her eyes. "Just Lightning, Wit."

"Lightning," she said, averting her eyes slightly. "I was going through the record book and I finally figured out your monthly and yearly income on the basis of your holdings, intrest due, and all of the work you'll be putting in with the Wonderbolts. If we could go over that?"

Lightning nodded. "Sure. Gold can come too - she should know where I stand since she'll be building a shop. Lets go up to the sun room."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   9/4/2013, 3:47 am

Gold nodded as she followed the two into the Sun Room, closing the door behind them.

"Alright..."

She sighed and sat on the couch,

"let's see where all of this will take us. I need to know Lightning's standing first before I can review over my own funding. Fancy Pants and Fleur de Lis serve as an inventory system for me and Stone, since it's their warehouse I'm using to hold our products. They don't charge much, except for around 2% of our first three months profit and some of Pyro's explosive chocolate chip cookies.....worth a LOT more than bits, that's for sure."

She smirked as she leaned back into the couch.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   10/4/2013, 4:28 am

Quick Wit used her magic to levatate the book in front of her. A quill and a piece of paper floated onto the table and began to write.

"Alright, Lightning. Here's what your obligations are right now. You are being considered an Adjunct Trainer at the Wonderbolt Academy, which has a salary set for the number of classes you're teaching. Since it's only the one, and you're training teachers as well as some high-level students, you are also receiving a consulting pay-grade. That means you will be earning a standard salary of 40,000 bits a year - So about 1700 bits biweekly."

Quick Wit marked that on the paper and flipped the page in the book.

"You are also earning money as the owner and leader of the Weather Factory. That nets you about 215,000 bits a year, or about 10,400 bits a month. This also will decrease should you no longer continue to make the ultimate business decisions and become the owner, and not the leader. Until then, the salary paid out by the royal treasury is what I mentioned."

Another scratch on the paper and she cleared her throat.

"Then come the leases to museums and the like of old heirlooms. I won't go through the long list because we'll be here for hours. But you do earn a monthly fee from these museums. The Museum of Equestrian History, Canterlot - 2000 bits a month for some of the older artifacts. The Royal Library and Archives gives us 3000 bits a month for holding onto and maintaining Commander Hurricane's Armor. The University of Fillydelphia gives us 750 bits per month for old tapestries, documents, and weapons - minus the ones you asked me to retrieve for Axle. The Manehatten Public Library gives us 500 bits per month for the use of original documents from the Three Tribes Era - they also pick up maintenance and repair costs which aren't cheap. Then, Canterlot University for several old heraldries from the Drought, as well as Lord Typhoon's battle armor recovered from his final trip abroad, is giving us 2000 bits a month and is again, picking up the maintenance tab."

Quick Wit blinked. "Oh. Speaking of Lord Typhoon, the Dean gave me a letter to give to you, Lightning. Something about the rest of the dress that goes with your pin."

Lightning looked confused. "What?"

Wit nodded. "Apparently that's an heirloom. I hope you didn't misplace it since the dance."

Lightning shook her head. "No. I'm just glad that Stone and Gold grabbed it out of the mailbox back during the riots."

"That means you earn a grand total of... 22,050 bits each month. Oh, all after taxes, by the way. Which means the additions you made to the walls will be made up for by the end of the year. Longer when we include worker salaries, like mine, Nightwind, and Brimstones. Which we have yet to formally work out."

Lightning nodded. "And we still have several million in the treasury, correct?"

Wit nodded.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   10/4/2013, 5:22 am

Gold gave a low whistle as she sat up straighter on the couch.

"Quite a lot of bits. Might have to invest in something in order to make them last longer and accumulate wealth."

She sighed as she looked at Quick Wit.

"So how is it you want me to explain it? I have the documentation that is not only the title to Stone and mine's store name and products, but the profits from a few months ago and a few charts showing what we have made, saved, and spent...."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   11/4/2013, 10:30 am

Quick Wit nodded. "I'll need all of that, and whatever record keeping you've done with Stone. I could compile it in a couple of hours if its small, but I'm assuming its not so small. Just so we know what you need to spend to get the store here in Ponyville would be a good start."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   11/4/2013, 12:08 pm

Gold nodded as she quickly flew out of the room and went into the bedroom. She pulled her satchel out of the closet and flew back into the Sun Room.

She opened her satchel and pulled out a few manilla envelopes, each one labeled with different things.

The pegasus placed them on the table.

"I may look lazy and all when it comes to paperwork, but I'm VERY well organized and I prefer to keep them that way. I actually went and labeled each one with their date and I made sure the charts were correct."

Gold grinned faintly.

"I take Stone and I's store serious. It was after all our only source of income, and a good one too."

She sighed as she opened one of the smaller manilla envelopes. She pulled out a single piece of paper.

"This is the deed to the name and ownership of the store itself. We need a building to operate of course."

She put it back into the manilla envelope.

"You'll need it to figure out a few things, but I'm sure some things can be done."

Gold pulled out another slip of paper, this one from the same envelope, and slid it to Quick Wit.

"This has most of the figures written down, but I need the last three months put down, and you're better and faster at it than I am."

She smirked at Wit.

"I trust you with these envelopes, Wit."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   12/4/2013, 12:28 am

Wit nodded. "And I trust the arcane locked safe downstairs that Princess Luna put in. Give me about an hour and I'll have something for you. If you don't mind me using the desk in here...?"

Lightning nodded. "By all means. I have to go over some stuff the Princess left for me to teach the Wonderbolts with. I have to go over the basics again to make sure they're pristine tomorrow. No need in looking incompetent."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   12/4/2013, 12:35 am

Gold nodded at Lightning before speaking.

"And I need to go over a few things with Stone. She may have picked a few lot locations or areas for sale when she got that list from Fancy Pants, so I need to know which ones."

She stood up and stretched.

"If you need me, I'll be with Stone."

And with those parting words, she turned and pecked Lightning on the cheek, flashed a large grin, and went then went over to the sliding glass door to the balcony, opened the sliding glass door, and took off flying, searching for Stone

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   12/4/2013, 12:02 pm

Lightning nodded. "I'll be down in a little while to get some pizza. I need to talk to Wit about maybe hiring a cooking staff so you all don't go hungry."

She laughed and smiled. "I wouldn't want that to happen. I also don't want to order pizza all the time."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   12/4/2013, 12:58 pm

Gold pouted.

"But pizza is good!"

She then sighed and giggled.

"Well, we can't all have what we want. I'm gonna go bother Stone for the next hour. I'm going to see how many times I have to poke her in the back of the head in order to get a hilarious reaction."

She waved and then skipped towards the door, stopped and blew a kiss at Lightning, then left with an innocent expression on her face.

"Bye~!"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   12/4/2013, 3:13 pm

Lightning rolled her eyes and went back to the table. She scooped up her schedule book and flopped onto the couch. There was a lot of stuff to sift through still.

"So, Wit. About getting cooks."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   12/4/2013, 3:24 pm

Gold finally came back to the Sun Room, sporting a rather frazzled mane and her smile looked a little strained, but there was a giddiness in her eyes that showed she witnessed something pretty entertaining.

She was also carrying a glass bottle of simple soda on top of one of her wings. Gold sighed as she hopped onto the couch beside Lightning and popped open the bottle, putting the cap on the table and taking a large gulp of the soda, then putting the bottle onto the table.

She sighed and giggled as she looked at Lightning, sighing almost dreamily.

"Did you know Stone's muzzle scrunches up in a REALLY adorable way when she is in the middle of attempting to tie your wings together?"

The pegasus giggled again before leaning back into the couch.

"She'll be up in a minute. I told her it was her store too, so she should get to make decisions too."

And just as she finished, Stone rounded the corner and entered the room, closing the door behind her. Gold shuffled closer to Lightning as Stone sat on Lightning's other side on the couch, the large mare taking up more space.

Stone looked at Lightning and Wit and smiled as she spoke.

"I suppose we should get started?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   12/4/2013, 3:47 pm

Wit nodded. "Yes. According to the numbers you gave me - of which I'm sure you know, but I'll reiterate - selling the store in Canterlot will net you about 350,000 bits due to the severe lack of buildings left in superior condition. That should be enough to get you a lot for 200,000 bits and then have 150,000 bits to make the store, move the equipment, and pay the ponies closing out the deal. Highest estimate I have is that you will go over by 6,000 to 11,000 bits. Not bad, all things considered."

Lightning nodded. "I have no idea how you got that much money to start up the business with, but I'd say you've done well with the store."

Wit tapped her hoof on the couch. "I'm not including personal savings you have on this list. These papers didn't have it, and I wasn't sure if you wanted me poking around in your more private stuff."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   12/4/2013, 4:23 pm

Gold smiled serenely as she opened her satchel again and pulled out a simple manilla envelope, this one much smaller and had a simple skull and crossbones drawn on the front. He opened it and pulled out a few pieces of paper and small portable calculator.

She mumbled some things she looked over the papers and typed on the calculator, tapping her chin before smirking and typing some more. Her brows furrowed as she looked at another piece of paper.

Reaching into her satchel, she pulled out her small spectacles, flashing a flirty smile at Lightning before going back, pushing her glasses up as she typed on the calculator and went back to mumbling, things like 'tax', 'resale', and oddly enough, 'The Chocolate Factors'.

Once she finished, she pushed the spectacles down and used a small pen in the same envelope to write on a small sticky note that was also in the same envelope.

Gold put the calculator and sticky notes away before suddenly placing the sticky note she wrote on onto the lead paper that Quick Wit had in front of her.

"After taking in all the factors, including some small investments from Fancy Pants and a few endorsements I got from ol' Scratchy, Fleur de Lis, and a recent one from Deadcol7 and Sapphire Shores, we are up to about 300,000 bits, minus the 40,000 bits that Sapphire Shores still owes us for her set ups. She wrote down in ink that she will pay us once she earns three times those bits when her 'Equestrian Boogaloo Tour' is over in a few months."

She grinned proudly as she sat back, Stone mirroring the action, both ready for the reactions from Lightning and Wit. She pushed the spectacles up as she looked at Lightning.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   12/4/2013, 4:28 pm

Lightning's eyebrows raised. That was far more than she had expected the shop to have earned. No wonder they didn't have a loan on the building they were using. She smiled. "Wow. That's a lot of bits from speaker sales."

She looked over at Wit who seemed pleased. "Well if you need or want assistance from Lightning, you know how she stands. But as is sounds, you have it under control."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   12/4/2013, 4:45 pm

Stone grinned widely as she leaned into Lightning, leaving the spectacles on just to tease her.

"We have prepared for everything, from arson to theft. We can do anything."

She looked at Wit, then at Lightning.

"Stone and I have a general idea of where to set up. We might buy a lot somewhere near the marketplace, but not off of the main line of traffic. Any ponies that are browsing will spot our sign, since it might be the only one in the area."

She giggled in a giddy manner.

"Fancy actually recovered our neon sign! I freaking LOVE that sign!"

Stone only shook her head with a rueful smile.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   12/4/2013, 5:15 pm

Lightning laughed. "Neon, huh? That stuff is expensive. You should be lucky you have the sign at all. Anyhow, you probably need to transfer that insurance over to the new building before construction, just in case someone really wants you to not build a shop in Ponyville."

Wit nodded. "Well, I think that's it. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go grab a pizza before me and Lightning work on salaries."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony III
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next