Share | 

The Lights of Harmony III

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   17/4/2013, 12:44 am

Lady Comet Strike was the first to stride into the late afternoon streets, with her contingency of guards. But her facial features were... troubled. Since meeting with the ponies before her daytime sleep, she had been uneasy about their joining the district. One of them already knew of their dietary habits and said they were understanding of it. Some of the others looked at her... oddly. Like she was some alien.

She shook away the thought. The other pony was a former diplomat, and had pointed out that they were fine with griffons even though they were also carnivorous. That silenced most of the looks.

She trotted into the completed grocery store and stared at the cartloads of boxes and barrels of food. Gallons of oil and cooking supplies were being stocked by day-workers and the owner, who was up earlier than expected.

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   17/4/2013, 12:50 am

Stone sighed as she and Mist headed down the streets.

"We still should look around for her. I mean, a Lady has to check up on her people while they sleep, right?"

Mist nodded as they turned down the street that would normally serve a marketplace. She tilted her head and pointed down at a particular building.

"Are there guards standing in front of that grocer?"

Stone tilted her head as well and nodded.

"Wanna check it out? Might luck out and it turns out to be Lady Comet Strike."

Mist nodded as the two head for the grocer, nodding their heads and greetings to the guards as they entered.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   17/4/2013, 3:23 am

"This is excellent. The downstairs is very discreet and the storage being upstairs helps to minimize any kind of contamination of foods. Its modernized enough to be top of the line."

Lady Comet Strike nodded. "And you will be open during the day?"

"As soon as I get somepony to work day shift, then yes. Primarily evening hours will trump most of the other groceries in town."

Comet nodded and looked towards the door. "Ah. Miss Stone Wall, Miss Mist Negus. Good evening."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   17/4/2013, 5:23 am

Both Stone and Mist bowed their heads, and Stone spoke as they lifted them back up.

"Just 'Stone' and 'Mist' is fine, Lady Comet Strike."

Stone cleared her throat before continuing.

"We are here in order to see if you know any up and coming cooks that may be looking for a source of employment. Since Lightning's duties are starting to take place and getting busier, she won't be able to cook very often. The rest of us are not very diverse in our cooking either."

She grinned faintly.

"So, we are looking for a cook to hire as our own, so that we can feed our ever-growing household. Got any leads?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   18/4/2013, 8:45 am

"We do have one pony amongst us who was born to make food. You are lucky, she is still unpaired, and free to choose her path-"

Lady Comet Strike coughed into her hoof. "Pardon me. You don't know of our customs. She is 19. For a while she studied abroad under the griffon Carte Blanche, but much of the work pertaining to... our diet, made her an outcast. Much of it is to die for, however. You are doubly lucky as well - she specializes in Arabian and Griffon cuisine, especially herbivore oriented."

She scratched her chin. "Actually, if I recall correctly, she doesn't cook meats any longer, so you should t worry about food contamination."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   18/4/2013, 9:09 am

Stone and Mist grinned as Stone spoke.

"Sounds like we got ourselves a candidate. We just need to talk with her sometime, compare notes with Gold and Fas, and then we can choose who to hire, if Lightning's heart doesn't go out and she hires all of them."

Mist giggled as she shook her head.

"Knowing Lightning, she just might."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   18/4/2013, 2:05 pm

Comet smiled. "Of course. She'll have to switch sleep schedules to accommodate you, but I'm sure that can be arranged one way or another. She's a late sleeper, so it shouldn't be hard for her to acclimate herself."

She nodded. "If you'll excuse me, I have to check on the public bathhouse. It opens this evening pending the review of the inspector. I was told he should be arriving within the hour."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   18/4/2013, 2:21 pm

Mist grinned and spoke.

"A bathhouse you say? My, I haven't been to one of those in ages."

She tilted her at Stone before looking back up at Comet.

"Maybe sometime we could arrange for a visit to such an establishment? I hear it's one of the best places to shoot the breeze and to have a rather fulfilling conversation in relaxation."

She smiled this time.

"I'm sure a private soak with a Lady and a few friends would be quite enjoyable."

Mist could feel herself flushing red at how she just worded that last sentence and how she now suddenly felt like burying her head into the soil.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   18/4/2013, 10:29 pm

Comet flicked her tail as she walked out the door. "Indeed," she called back, just loud enough for them to hear.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   19/4/2013, 12:37 am

Stone smiled faintly as she nudged Mist and they both started off, Stone leading the way out of the district.

"Well, it seems we got what we came for."

Mist nodded as they turned and headed down a street.

Meanwhile, in Canterlot, Gold and Fas were leaving Fancy Pant's mansion, Gold waving back at the stallion.

"See ya Fancy! Thanks for the help!"

She turned and continued on, walking beside Fas. The griffon spoke as they exited out of the large gate.

"Wanna go for lunch? I'm getting kinda hungry."

Gold grinned.

"Sounds good! Craving a good sandwich right now. I think there's a deli around here we can go to, once we leave this district."

Fas nodded as they both took to the air and started flying, Gold leading the way. They went around a few buildings, dodged some other pegasi, and landed in a less extravagant looking area, the place littered with different places to eat at. Gold lead them to a simple looking building.

"Alright, let's eat quickly and head back home after this, alright?"

Fas grinned and nodded as they both entered.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   19/4/2013, 2:55 pm

Lightning's hooves touched down sometime after six o'clock, at her best guess. It had been a long day of training and routine - only the first of two during the week. While that wouldn't normally result in her being as tired as she was, there was added stress today when she got called to the weather factory.

She sighed. That was a fiasco too. Turned out that there wasn't enough water in Vanhoover to keep the factory going, so they had to rush a few letters out to the surrounding area for a request. She had no idea if any of them would respond.

As she opened the sliding door to the back, she felt a familiar phoenix land on her back.

"You should have some wine."

Lightning looked at her quizzically. How she knew about wine was beyond Lightning's knowledge. But all the same, the gesture made some sense. Tempest had been with her all day and witnessed the nonsense she had to go through.

"It helps ponies relax, right?"

"Yes, Tempest."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   19/4/2013, 3:18 pm

Gold was fluttering towards the mansion with Fas right behind her, both of them feeling greatly content with the sandwiches still in their stomachs. The passed over Stone and Mist, who looked like they were heading into Ponyville for something. Gold waved at them and they waved back.

The pegasus and griffon landed and entered the house, Gold heading for the stairs and Fas heading for the kitchen.

She spotted Lightning getting a wine glass from the cupboards.

"We're back lover."

She grinned.

"Gonna drown your sorrows?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   20/4/2013, 4:30 am

Lightning sighed and poured herself a glass of wine. She set the bottle on the table and removed her mouth from the side of the bottle. "No. Just a glass of wine to relax me while I'm cooking. I don't want to break something into our food. Wood chips aren't very tasty. What did you want for dinner?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   20/4/2013, 4:45 am

Fas shrugged as she eyed the bottle, unconsciously licking her beak.

"I think something rather simple should be good. In fact...."

Fas looked back over at Lightning, smiling.

"...Maybe we can make a nice vegetarian jumbalaya."

She looked back over at the bottle, biting her lip before speaking.

"Mind if I have a glass? Canterlot was stressful enough when you're just a griffon, but when you are a well known griffon, the xenophobes tend to say things."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   20/4/2013, 6:37 am

Lightning shrugged. "A glass is fine. Just don't overdo it."

She looked over at Gold. "You are not allowed more than one glass an hour, Gold. If you get as drunk as I've seen you, I'll hang you by your tail from a tree with your face marked up like Sherlock Hooves."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   20/4/2013, 7:09 am

Fas chuckled as Gold's pupils seem to shrink, pulling out two wine glasses and putting them on the table, pouring into each one until they were a decent amount, though Fas smirked with deviancy as she gave Gold a glass that carried more than the griffon's own, the pegasus not noticing.

Fas wanted to see what Gold was like drunk.

The pegasus showed quite a strong resolve by only taking a sip, sighing, then sitting at the table.

Fas only sipped hers as well, enjoying the warmth it brought to her insides.

She looked over at Lightning.

"Well, we may have hit a lead in Canterlot. Fancy Pants said that he hired a new cook that was fresh out of school, and that she wasn't getting any respect from her coworkers, and Fancy thinks she;ll get her education's worth and the respect she deserves while working for us."

Gold spoke up next.

"I think Stone also mentioned about a Lady Comet Strike knowing a batpony mare that could probably help us as well."

She shrugged.

"I guess we can interview them and see what we can get. I'd probably hire them both if it was my choice."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   20/4/2013, 11:08 am

Lightning downed half of her glass in one shot. She could feel a slight twinge of pain in her head for a moment, but that was just because she hadn't taken it easy with the first bit. She cleared her throat. "Good. Whoever we hire on has to also make meals for the other staff. It's part of their contracts that we worked out. So we also have to figure out how to expand the kitchen a bit more to fit some more ponies in."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   20/4/2013, 11:36 am

Fas glanced over seeing Gold take a longer sip of her glass, seemingly with more fervor. She grinned, then looked back over at Lightning.

Well, in that case it might be best two hire two, that way we don't need to worry about workload."

Gold piped up, her cheeks a little flush from the wine.

"We could have one of the batpony working nights and the other working days...."

Fas shook her head.

"Nah, I don't think we'd need food at night. If we did, we'd just make it ourselves. Not like I'm gonna want a huge helping of gumbo at one in the morning."

Gold slowly mulled it over in her head before nodding, laying her head on the table. She suddenly giggled for no reason, which seemed contagious because Fas gave a small laugh.

She looked over at Lightning.

"Now, the kitchen shouldn't be too hard to expand, since there's a room we're not using right next door, and we only use the front part of the kitchen. If we found an entire staff, we could just knock the walls down and make the room next door the kitchen as well."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   20/4/2013, 11:51 am

Lightning sighed. She trotted across the room and threw herself into one of the chairs. She was exhausted.

"You two said you wanted to make something?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   20/4/2013, 11:57 am

Fas galnced back at Gold, who was seemingly giggling to herself, and there was something about that giggling that made the feathers and fur on the back of her neck stand out farther.

She ruffled her wings before continuing.

"Well, I guess I'll be the one to cook the jumbalaya. Should take around forty-five minutes."

Gold gave a louder giggled as she downed the rest of her wine. Fas was getting a bad vibe.

"I guess I can start now...."

Another giggle from Gold.

".....and can you please stay? She's making me uncomfortable now. I feel like there's an evil laugh behind her giggling."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   20/4/2013, 12:16 pm

Lightning nodded. "I'll help. Just tell me what to do. We do have to cook for almost ten ponies after all."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   20/4/2013, 12:25 pm

It took a little around an hour to finally finish the jumbalaya, since Fas had to gather the ingredients with Lightning, and some were rather well hidden in the pantry. As they had worked, Gold had sat at the table the entire time, her face flush, her shaggy mane much shaggier than before, and that strange giggling going on for the last ten minutes.

As Fas finally placed the large pot on the counter, she looked back at Gold.

"What's with her? It was only one glass. No way she's hammered like a worn nail. And that giggling is really creeping me out."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   20/4/2013, 12:33 pm

A chill went down Lightning's back. She looked at the near empty bottle and sped across the room to snatch it up. She looked at gold worriedly. She wasn't... there yet, but she was pretty hammered. Lightning shook the bottle.

"Fas, I told you to take the bottle from her! There's a reason the cellar stays locked all the time, and you're going to deal with it tonight. Isn't that right Gold, love?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   20/4/2013, 12:46 pm

Fas balked as she put a holder down, not really registering the second part the Lightning said and not really hearing what Gold replied with.

"Me? I didn't even see her go and grab it! It was all the way across the kitchen when I last saw it."

She sighed as she ran a talon through her topmost feathers.

"And what do you mean by 'dealing with her'? What, she get headaches or something? Is she a clumsy drunk?"

Gold only looked at Fas blearily and giggled again, only this time it carried a hidden husky undertone to it, but Fas didn't really notice.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   20/4/2013, 1:42 pm

Lightning grumbled and ignored her. "How much more time on this jumbalaya before we add the rice? I don't want the rice to get mushy."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony III
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next