Share | 

The Lights of Harmony III

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: The Lights of Harmony III   1/4/2013, 5:58 pm

The mare's eyes narrowed. Glitter cringed and hid behind Clear. "I'm her mother," she growled. "And you are not to see her again."

"Nightlight."

Glitter's mother looked over to see Clear's mom crossing the room.

"Why are you overeacting like this? Lady Lightning is only trying to congratulate them."

A small aura of magic quickly snatched up Glitter and dragged her over to her mother. She stormed out of the building, her child in tow, and let the door slam shut behind her.

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   1/4/2013, 6:05 pm

Stone's eyes were locked onto the door that Nightlight had gone through. She scoffed, disgust very evident in her voice.

"A being that would be so blind to our relationship almost makes me wanna vomit."

She sighed as she gave a sad look at the mare that had spoken to Nightlight.

"And now I fear that I just ruined a friendship between the children."

The large grey mare looked down at Clear Mind and Peach Cream, a pleading expression on her face.

"Please forgive me."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   2/4/2013, 1:50 am

Clear mind sighed and rolled her eyes. "No, it's alright. Her mom overreacts to a lot of things, but 'Crusading is a respectable organization that can give you the edge in college applications'." She mimicked Nightlight in the most rude manner possible. She looked over at her parents who were trying to suppress a smile. "She hasn't blamed us for anything yet, so we'll keep going like normal tomorrow. Not like we listen to her rules for Glitter anyway."

Clear's mom rubbed her mane affectionately. Clear pouted and tried to pull away, a little embarassed. "At least you were listening to something I said," her mom teased.

"Mom!" Clear whined.

"I'm Simple Path, Clear's mother. Most ponies call me Simi for short," she extended a hoof which Lightning shook. "I'm so glad that you could make it tonight. Despite all the manure the upper class has been hoofing you, you've been a great role model for the kids. Glitter really looks up to you, Clear's mentioned."

Lightning raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

Simi nodded. "Of course. You stick up for the underdog, and you're willing to be open minded and show it. All of you do. We really appreciate that."

Peach's ears perked up. "Oh! Dad's calling me. I'll see you tomorrow, Cleo?"

Clear giggled and nodded.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   2/4/2013, 5:37 am

Stone grinned, happy that things were going to pan out alright.

"At least some ponies are willing to listen instead of jumping immediately to what those Nobles say."

She held out a hoof for Simple Path.

"Perhaps you could come over for lunch sometime?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   2/4/2013, 10:21 am

Simple Path chuckled. "Maybe. I've never been invited to have lunch with royalty before." She shook Stone's hoof. "Its a deal."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   2/4/2013, 10:57 am

Stone let out a small sigh as she and Lightning trotted down the road.

"I suppose that went both according and not according to plan. I had hoped that this would've been a great opportunity to earn some of the public's support and bring the morale up."

She looked at Lightning as they continued.

"We did make an impact on the CMC by showing we are willing to help the foals, but the parents of a few still don't like us and will now only teach their children that what we are is wrong."

The large grey mare sighed, her ears folding down, but also smiled faintly.

"At least we made a new friend. Simple Path looks like an alright sort. One of the first few ponies we've met that are not only part of the general populace, but accepts us for who we are."

Stone's ears lifted a little.

"Thank the Goddesses for small victories."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   2/4/2013, 1:04 pm

Lightning nodded. "It's fine. We shouldn't expect everything to be perfect."

She trotted up to the house before stopping short at the edge of her walkway. Her head leaned to the side as she tried to get a closer look in the forest. Then it hit her. They were here. She poked Stone and pointed into the forest. "I think our batpony allies finally picked up and moved."

She looked up at the evening sky, as the sun finally dipped below the horizon. It must be like early morning to the batponies. Perfect time to get working on their new setup.

"Should we go visit?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   2/4/2013, 1:11 pm

Stone's eyes lingered on the forest before looking back at Lightning, smiling.

"Well, it would be quite rude for us to keep them waiting, wouldn't it?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   2/4/2013, 1:29 pm

The second they walked into the forest, the work almost came to a standstill. Many of the batponies simply stared at her and Stone as they entered the shade of the canopies. It was... awkward. They were supposed to be getting ready to integrate into the town, yet...

She was pleasantly surprised then to be greeted with a lot of attention from the ponies who simply dropped their materials to shake her hoof and say hello. They were polite and cordial - if not a little stiff-spoken. Eventually - by the time her hoof began to throb, no less - they returned to work.

Several fillies and colts zipped past them as they made their way to the center of the commotion: a table filled with building plans.

"No, no. The wood from these trees will be fine. We can grind the stumps to make mulch. Thistle Brush can handle that. Remember, building these in the woods defeats the purpose of trying to be in the town. We can replant many of the trees we chop down, but in an orderly fashion. Make it look presentable."

Lightning recognized the voice as Comet Strike's. She trotted over to the table to say hello, but was stopped by her guards.

"Lady Comet Strike?" Lightning called quietly.

The batpony's ears twitched in her direction. "Let them through. This is our patron host and ally. Show them the respect..." Comet turned around with a tired smile on her face. "...that you would show me."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   2/4/2013, 1:37 pm

Stone meandered behind Lightning, the ever-present stare of the guards making her nervous. They came up to Lady Comet Strike, her friendly look helping the large grey mare feel more relaxed.

Stone gave a nod of her head in respect.

"It's an honor to see you again, Lady Comet Strike."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   2/4/2013, 2:41 pm

"Indeed. It is nice to see you two in our planning area. We were looking for some assistance in these buildings."

Lightning nodded and trotted over. The large piece of papyrus on the table was a well crafted map of the area with a sample layout for their homes and places of business. There was a lot of trees called for planting in it - almost as if it faded into the forest. She scrunched her face in concentration. "Is there an area for the foals and fillies to play?"

Comet nodded. "There is a building designed for training and activities here. It is not roofed, and it does have a play space similar to that at the schoolhouse. But most of it will be grown."

Lightning raised an eyebrow. "Grown?"

She smiled. "We have learned to harness the wild power of the forest, and gently nudge it into the shapes we desire. It will be natural and safe, just as in our previous village."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   2/4/2013, 2:52 pm

Stone was rubbing her chin as she looked over the plans.

"Well, if you ever need a blacksmith, or a planner, Axel Nut may be able to provide extra assistance."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   2/4/2013, 3:43 pm

Comet smiled. "A wondrous offer. We shall request consultatation, if you might pass it on."

Lightning nodded.

"Good. Have a look around at your leisure, if you wish. I must get back to building planning."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   2/4/2013, 3:54 pm

Stone grinned and nodded as she looked over at Lightning, motioning with a hoof.

"Shall we, hon?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   3/4/2013, 9:42 am

Lightning and Stone trotted through the center of the materials, watching as the seasoned batponies knocked over several huge trees, catching it in mid flight from slamming onto the ground. That's when she realized something - this whole new section of town was being built around her home. The plans had been clear to at least have several buildings around her own, and leave space for a few more.

She smiled. It made her... proud? Scared, too, but proud all the same.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   3/4/2013, 10:09 am

Stone sighed happily as she watched the batponies roam around, constructing homes and moving trees as the children play, some actually coming up to her and running around her in games of tag.

The children seemed even more enthralled with Lightning, some flapping around her and running around her as well.

When they ran off, Stone smiled at Lightning.

"Beautiful, isn't it."

She nuzzled Lightning's cheek.

"I think this will work out just fine."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   4/4/2013, 11:56 am

Lightning smiled and nodded, nuzzling her gently. "Yeah."

Her eyes traced the foals playing in the trees and her mind began to wander. What would it be like to have foals of her own? To watch her filly or colt running around with friends? The whole scene warmed her heart. If she wasn't mistaken, any more of their adorable charm and she'd melt.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   4/4/2013, 12:10 pm

Stone could almost see the familiar warmth in Lightning's demeanor and the twinkle in her eyes. Th large grey mare smiled and and bumped Lightning's flank with her own.

She spoke with a soft tone.

"Hey..."

She leaned down and kissed Lightning, lingering for a bit and then pulling away, smiling even wider and speaking even softer.

"We have plenty of time to think about the future of us for later. Right now, we're in a area full of batponies that are going to need our help integrating into society again."

She rubbed her nose against Lightning's and giggled, looking over at the fillies and colts playing.

"Let's leave them and check out of the area. Our 'other halves' are probably wondering where we are."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   4/4/2013, 12:31 pm

Lightning fought away a frown, giving a warm smile again. She kissed Stone back, to which she heard a few of the foals whispering to each other about. She pulled away and nuzzled against her, getting one or two 'Aw's from the foals. She flushed red and whispered to her, "Ok."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   4/4/2013, 1:10 pm

"A hidden city? A possible act of taking the throne?! Raising an army?!"

Fas growled as she threw the newspaper onto the table, the griffon wanting no more than to set it on fire.

"I can't believe it! Lady Comet Strike and her batponies have only been here for a day and a half and already the papers are spewing their SHIT!"

She looked around the table. Gold looked about ready to hurt someone, Stone seemed to be simmering, Mist had scoffed only a few seconds ago, and now she had to gauge Lightning.

"I know we can't really do anything, but just say the word and I'll make sure the fire at their headquarters looks like an accident."

Mist meanwhile, only mumbled as she looked at the paper.

"I sure hope Lady Comet doesn't get upset by this....."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   4/4/2013, 2:30 pm

Lightning shook her head. "At least the tabloids are on my side," she said as she entered the room. She plopped down the Gabby Gums Weekly she found stuffed under her door. "I'm actually surprised they're writing something true in there. And in favor of all this."

She moved into the kitchen and tossed a kettle onto the stove. It was too early to be this irate. But it was monday. That was usually the problem. Mondays were the worst for papers.

"I think Lady Comet Strike will take this with little more than a shrug. She seems to be the kind of pony to expect this."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   4/4/2013, 3:06 pm

Fas grumbled as she sipped the cup of coffee in front of her.

"I remember when I first started studying the biological forms and magic that each species carried. Not just earth ponies, unicorns, and pegasi, but also griffons, zebras, crystal ponies, and even alicorns. But there was one subject that they forgot to teach, and that was the capabilities of a batpony. I hungered for knowledge, so I read as much as I could, from tests, to observations, to even accounts written by batponies."

She sighed.

"They carry very strong magical capabilities, especially the mares, like Lady Comet Strike."

The griffon suddenly smirked and took a large swig of her coffee.

"Mmmm, hazelnut goes well with this....anyways, we're safe. If Comet was royally pissed off, we would DEFINITELY know. Then again, most batponies I've met in my travels all seemed to be levelheaded and very calm, no matter the situation. Makes them good for spying operations."

Mist nodded as she sighed.

"I still wish the papers would get a life..."

Gold gave a loud sigh and flopped in her seat, wrapping a foreleg around Mist.

"That's how they work Misty! They know ponies love to read about scandals for their own purposes and to make themselves feel good knowing that someone else is screwing up in their lives."

Stone tapped a hoof.

"Hit the nail right o the head, Gold."

The gold-maned pegasus sighed.

"Thanks.....I better get a puppy when they finally leave us alone."

Stone rolled her eyes while Fas smirked, seeing a way to make a playful jab at Lightning.

"Why get a puppy when we have Lightning? We sometimes feed her, care for her, give her all our love and affection, and I bet if you rub her belly or scratch her ear just right, her tail will wag and her hindleg will twitch."

Mist flushed and giggled, Stone chuckled, and Gold broke out into loud laughter, smother her muzzle into Mist's shoulder to avoid attracting attention from anyone in the else. Gold wasn't sure what would happen if anyone like Quick Wit, Tempest, or even Nightwind would think.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   4/4/2013, 4:01 pm

Lightning looked at Fas. Two could play at that game.

"You know, I think I heard that somewhere once before. Let me think..." she feigned thought, before snapping to 'realization'. "Oh, right. 'Brightheart stared at Lifeline as she walked ahead of him on the park path. Her flanks swayed back and forth tantylizingly. She was his pet for him to do as he pleased - she enjoyed it that way. He couldn't agree more. Perhaps later that night, she'd be-"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   4/4/2013, 4:07 pm

Fas suddenly shot up, her face burning red and her eyes wide, showing shrunken pupils.

"NO!"

Her exclamation was punctuated by the chair she had been sitting on suddenly striking the floor, having been shoved hard by her sudden movements.

She instantly froze as only her eyes scanned and saw not only Mist grinning smugly, but Gold was breathless from laughing too hard and now even Stone was biting her hoof to keep from laughing loudly.

Fas's eyes went back to Lightning, suddenly narrowing.

"You're gonna get it electric filly, and when you do, you'll never know what happened, not even if Mist dug it back up."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   4/4/2013, 4:20 pm

Lightning laughed as she placed the kettle on the table. She stared Fas right in the eye before switching books in her mind. Now for the second blow.

"In reality, being embarassed played into his attraction to her. All his life he had always been on top of everything... and everyone. But her - she always seemed to be three steps ahead of her. So just being here with her friends and being shown up in history? His own major? You could say that he was more than-"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony III   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony III
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next