Share | 

MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom

Go down 
AuthorMessage
admin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom   31/3/2013, 1:06 pm

Finally uploaded! Been waiting for this for quite a while, with the release date being pushed further and further back I was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to be released!
But the wait was totally worth it, in my opinion. There are too many outside references to make but what really made the episode for me would have the be the Legend of Zelda soundbite used Laugh

I wouldn't even bother trying to compare this to Snowdrop though, as they are different in so many ways. But still, this was amazing and deserves a watch and download. :cellysmile:

Last edited by Luna on 31/3/2013, 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Queen Chrysalis

PostSubject: Re: MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom   31/3/2013, 1:08 pm

6/10

After re watching I change it to a 7/10

That's why no one has ever seen it.
That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily.
However, someday, someone will find it.
The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it.
This is how its created.
Back to top Go down
admin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom   31/3/2013, 2:39 pm

OP updated Wink
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Tomzie95
Most Edgy User On Brony Awakening

PostSubject: Re: MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom   31/3/2013, 9:49 pm

Keep calm tom keep cooo cool .
Ahem , yeah it was cool

Yeah just cool ... OK maybe great...

That's its .... OK maybe just maybe it was amazing?

OH MY FUCKING GOD THAT WAS KICK ASS HASBRO SIGN THIS GUYS ASS UP I HAVE NEVER LOVED ANYTHING MORE FAN MADE EVER

OH GOD THE AUTISM FROM MYSELF IS KILLING ME BUT IT WAS SO GOOOOOOD

Join our Steam gaming group!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bagg
Spoiler:

"I have been to Auscwitczh's , is was goot" - Veave
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Tomzie95

PostSubject: Re: MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom   31/3/2013, 10:00 pm

Who you talking about , pm me xD

Also I feel much happier just be a part of this fandom ... Even if in think they ran out of ideas to save rainbow at the end

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Heat Resin

PostSubject: Re: MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom   1/4/2013, 7:51 am

Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist

PostSubject: Re: MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom   1/4/2013, 8:43 am

I felt like they made rainbowdash autistic Bemused

Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom   1/4/2013, 11:09 am

Nevel wrote:
Spoiler:

Gee man, Never seen you this worked up about anyone before Oops Not sure if I want to know who this is directed at.

AlGreat-er wrote:

Pretty much everything is autistic one way or another Unsure Sweetie Belle
Back to top Go down
AlGreat-er
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist

PostSubject: Re: MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom   1/4/2013, 3:20 pm

Luna wrote:
Nevel wrote:
Spoiler:

Gee man, Never seen you this worked up about anyone before Oops Not sure if I want to know who this is directed at.

AlGreat-er wrote:

Pretty much everything is autistic one way or another Unsure Sweetie Belle YOUR AUTISTIC

PostSubject: Re: MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom   3/4/2013, 3:10 am

I saw it last night, and thought of it as "meh" at the most. While I see there was a lot of work put into this and the animation and sound was good overall there were a few things that bothered me about this.
I couldn't stand how out of character it got, especially with the Powerpuff Girls (they're not that mean and bratty!). And maybe it's just me, but I didn't like Rainbow Douche Rainbow Dash in this. I wasn't too fond of her voice but I mainly had a problem with her character. Geez, felt that Rainbow Dash was even more annoying and obnoixious than Pinkie Pie in this short. I know that Rainbow Dash is suppose to wreckless, impatient, and obessed with being the fastest thing alive, but I doubt Rainbow Dash wouldn't have drank the potion if Twilight asked her not to since Rainbow Dash is... hmmm... I don't know, THE ELEMENT OF LOYALITY?! I would think that Rainbow Dash would get all mopey about it, but that's it.
And do I really need to get into how all over the mess this story is? I'm not even sure why there needed to be a crossover in this, other than fanservice. I don't mind some fanservice but I would prefer if it's keep at a smaller level in the background and not all over your face. It's pretty distracting for the viewer to pay attention to the story otherwise.
TL;DR: This flim could of been alot better if the staff paid more attention in creating a better story and making sure the characters weren't OOC instead of fanservice.

Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom   3/4/2013, 4:39 am

DarkSnivy wrote:
I saw it last night, and thought of it as "meh" at the most. While I see there was a lot of work put into this and the animation and sound was good overall there were a few things that bothered me about this.
I couldn't stand how out of character it got, especially with the Powerpuff Girls (they're not that mean and bratty!). And maybe it's just me, but I didn't like Rainbow Douche Rainbow Dash in this. I wasn't too fond of her voice but I mainly had a problem with her character. Geez, felt that Rainbow Dash was even more annoying and obnoixious than Pinkie Pie in this short. I know that Rainbow Dash is suppose to wreckless, impatient, and obessed with being the fastest thing alive, but I doubt Rainbow Dash wouldn't have drank the potion if Twilight asked her not to since Rainbow Dash is... hmmm... I don't know, THE ELEMENT OF LOYALITY?! I would think that Rainbow Dash would get all mopey about it, but that's it.
And do I really need to get into how all over the mess this story is? I'm not even sure why there needed to be a crossover in this, other than fanservice. I don't mind some fanservice but I would prefer if it's keep at a smaller level in the background and not all over your face. It's pretty distracting for the viewer to pay attention to the story otherwise.
TL;DR: This flim could of been alot better if the staff paid more attention in creating a better story and making sure the characters weren't OOC instead of fanservice.

Just take a step back, stop looking what double rainboom should be or could be. And look at what we have.

A full half hour episode, fully animated, fully voice acted fan made episode.
The combination of over 150 people who helped make this why?
They didn't want money, it was done for a college course. They worked tirelessly for over a year because they could, to show they can. And to get a good grade out of it too.

Stop comparing it to an actual episode, and enjoy it for what it is.
Back to top Go down
AlGreat-er
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist

PostSubject: Re: MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom   3/4/2013, 5:32 am

Luna wrote:
DarkSnivy wrote:

Just take a step back, stop looking what double rainboom should be or could be. And look at what we have.

They didn't want money, it was done for a college course. They worked tirelessly for over a year because they could, to show they can. And to get a good grade out of it too.

I still think your autistic

PostSubject: Re: MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom   3/4/2013, 5:52 am

DarkSnivy wrote:
I couldn't stand how out of character it got, especially with the Powerpuff Girls (they're not that mean and bratty!). And maybe it's just me, but I didn't like Rainbow Douche Rainbow Dash in this. I wasn't too fond of her voice but I mainly had a problem with her character. Geez, felt that Rainbow Dash was even more annoying and obnoixious than Pinkie Pie in this short. I know that Rainbow Dash is suppose to wreckless, impatient, and obsessed with being the fastest thing alive, but I doubt Rainbow Dash wouldn't have drank the potion if Twilight asked her not to since Rainbow Dash is... hmmm... I don't know, THE ELEMENT OF LOYALTY?! I would think that Rainbow Dash would get all mopey about it, but that's it.
TL;DR: This film could of been a lot better if the staff paid more attention in creating a better story and making sure the characters weren't OOC instead of fanservice.

That's cool to hear that because I have almost a completely different opinion on DRB. For a probably none existent budget I thought the animation quality for a video of this length to be excellent.
I thought the Powerpuff Girls were very in character, because they didn't see Rainbow Dash as an individual but as an animal/pet, and they have always had a tendency to get carried away when fighting monsters.

On the topic of Rainbow Dash I did find her voice a bit off at first but after getting into the episode I stopped noticing it. As far as Rainbow's character goes, its never been constant throughout all the episodes so I feel its up to the individual to pick which Rainbow Dash they like more and I for one loved her in this episode. She was energetic, funny, and she acted first and thought later, But she was never intentionally rude to her friends or other ponies.

And I don't know why you didn't expect a fan episode to be a fan service thats just a given.

PostSubject: Re: MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom   3/4/2013, 10:58 am

This threads popped up on my radar.

WHO IS SPREADING SPAGHETTI , AND WHO AM GONNA HAVE TO UN DUB

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
admin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom   3/4/2013, 11:07 am

Tomzie95 wrote:
WHO IS SPREADING SPAGHETTI , AND WHO AM GONNA HAVE TO UN DUB

Back to top Go down
AlGreat-er
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist

PostSubject: Re: MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom   3/4/2013, 8:17 pm

Its like something passed already but i have no idea what it could be

PostSubject: Re: MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom   3/4/2013, 9:56 pm

EDIT:
Luna wrote:
Spoiler:

lol bro, I think your chill composure has gone below 1% Shifty (Left) But seriously though. I do agree that it's better to just enjoy the little things, but no one likes being told what to do like that over the internet, I think it's just rude.
/EDIT

So anyways, I saw DBR.

My thoughts? It was awesome. Far from perfect, but I really enjoyed knowing it was fan-made, and thoroughly enjoyed seeing examples of it clearly being made by bronies, for bronies. I think it's a bit unnecessary to list out what I liked about it, since there's quite a lot, so I'm going to just mention the one thing that bothered me and disappointed me a bit: the pacing.

A lot of DBR seemed to stick with dipping its toes into the pool instead of jumping right in and having fun.

Some scenes just didn't seem to reach that highness that the tension-building could have done if DBR's pacing was a bit faster or compressed. I feel they tried too hard to make the show lengthy, and paid the price by removing tension and excitement. I mean, all that was definitely there, but the slowness constantly reduced it while it was being built up, and that didn't let the excitement reach an awesome-enough level.

Personally, I think this is a flaw that isn't highlighted enough. But, overall I thought DBR was pretty excellent and definitely worth the wait, although I did enjoy a few canon MLP episodes better than DBR Trollestia

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
http://hellbreaker2012.deviantart.com
DarkSnivy

PostSubject: Re: MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom   4/4/2013, 7:53 am

Topsy Kretts wrote:
EDIT:
Luna wrote:
Spoiler:

lol bro, I think your chill composure has gone below 1% Shifty (Left) But seriously though. I do agree that it's better to just enjoy the little things, but no one likes being told what to do like that over the internet, I think it's just rude.
/EDIT

So anyways, I saw DBR.

My thoughts? It was awesome. Far from perfect, but I really enjoyed knowing it was fan-made, and thoroughly enjoyed seeing examples of it clearly being made by bronies, for bronies. I think it's a bit unnecessary to list out what I liked about it, since there's quite a lot, so I'm going to just mention the one thing that bothered me and disappointed me a bit: the pacing.

A lot of DBR seemed to stick with dipping its toes into the pool instead of jumping right in and having fun.

Some scenes just didn't seem to reach that highness that the tension-building could have done if DBR's pacing was a bit faster or compressed. I feel they tried too hard to make the show lengthy, and paid the price by removing tension and excitement. I mean, all that was definitely there, but the slowness constantly reduced it while it was being built up, and that didn't let the excitement reach an awesome-enough level.

Personally, I think this is a flaw that isn't highlighted enough. But, overall I thought DBR was pretty excellent and definitely worth the wait, although I did enjoy a few canon MLP episodes better than DBR Trollestia
Yea for topys because he know how to take an opinions

PostSubject: Re: MLP:FiM : Double Rainboom   4/4/2013, 8:12 am

FFS Guys

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
admin
Site Administrator