Share | 

They killed derpy.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Firewire
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: They killed derpy.   26/2/2012, 12:31 am

iTunes finally uploaded the last round up, but derpy is no longer named, her eyes never Derp and her voice is different.
I am very very disappointed in hasbro and studio six, after what we all thought they were leaving derpy untouched.
Check out the eqd post including a vid of her 'revised' scene.

Here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They killed derpy.   26/2/2012, 1:45 am

And the cries of ten thousand men resonated through the canyon at the haunting discovery and they asked, "why?"
Back to top Go down
CloudConnection

PostSubject: Re: They killed derpy.   26/2/2012, 3:23 am

Quote :
In a way, I understand why majority of fans are upset but blaming, pointing fingers and throwing hate around is not the way to do this. You're forgetting your own motto "Love and Tolerance". You bronies are one of inspiration and our greatest achievement. Don't sully your name by spreading Hate and intolerance. Remember, Tolerance is not the same as acceptance. If you are upset with something, display it in a more positive way. You'll get your message across much better than lashing it out with hate. Show some respect. Show some humility.

Kreoss, FiM animator

Back to top Go down
http://bronyawakening.forumotion.com
bioreactor

PostSubject: Re: They killed derpy.   26/2/2012, 5:28 am

can we riot?

PostSubject: Re: They killed derpy.   26/2/2012, 7:46 pm

Don't worry guys, it's just that one episode, I recall someone mentioning that the change wasn't permanent, and besides, it's iTunes you should point fingers at, if you want to point fingers at all.

iTunes felt the odd need to 'censor' the Derpy scene because they thought it would be a bit offensive, so, if Hasbro wanted The Last Roundup on iTunes, they had to do what iTunes wanted.

I'm pretty sure the aired version of any episode will have Derpy as normal, but on iTunes it would only be a little different if required.

Despite my utter neutrality on the subject, I really couldn't help but notice all the heat brewing from it.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
http://hellbreaker2012.deviantart.com
Flutterdude

Location : Florida, the land of orange juice and air conditioning

PostSubject: Re: They killed derpy.   27/2/2012, 1:12 pm

I'm basically on the Topsy Kretts side of the fence here. This just seems like a bunch of whining going nowhere. I can understand why people would be upset, but I'm utterly neutral on it.

PostSubject: Re: They killed derpy.   27/2/2012, 2:15 pm

I'm totally Switzerland on this one. But generally, on both sides bronies are freaking out way too much.
Back to top Go down
Firewire
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: They killed derpy.   29/2/2012, 12:16 pm

Quote :
I'm totally Switzerland on this one. But generally, on both sides bronies are freaking out way too much.
This ^ In my opinion though, she should have kept the derp eyes and name. But have the new voice, the old voice was...nice but i prefer the new one.

And this whole '#SAVEDERPY' thing is getting out of hand *cough* hoof sorry.
Back to top Go down
plumander

PostSubject: Re: They killed derpy.   29/2/2012, 1:11 pm

I think they should have kept the eyes, maybe the name. But I agree about the voice.
Back to top Go down
ChurchCrusade
Project Awakening Head Developer

PostSubject: Re: They killed derpy.   1/3/2012, 12:51 pm

Have you guys seen this yet?
Amy Keating Rogers Response to Derpy
Back to top Go down
http://darkerastudios.weebly.com
plumander

PostSubject: Re: They killed derpy.   1/3/2012, 1:55 pm

I love her approach to it. Made me feel a lot better.
Back to top Go down
ChurchCrusade

PostSubject: Re: They killed derpy.   1/3/2012, 1:58 pm

Quote :
I love her approach to it. Made me feel a lot better.
Same here. She really makes it more of an understandable change. And once you think about it the way she does, it makes SO much more sense as to why they would have found it offensive. Plus I felt bad for the girl, receiving all that unnecessary hate.

PostSubject: Re: They killed derpy.   1/3/2012, 6:30 pm

Damn Church, beat me to it but i'm with her on this one. Wasn't her fault people interpreted it that way. Poor girl.

We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
―Ezio Auditore
Back to top Go down
Tomzie95
Most Edgy User On Brony Awakening
Most Edgy User On Brony Awakening

PostSubject: Re: They killed derpy.   1/3/2012, 9:39 pm

As long as they keep the eyes its fine with me , still all crazy and loony derpy to me :) :afro:

Join our Steam gaming group!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bagg
Spoiler:

"I have been to Auscwitczh's , is was goot" - Veave
Back to top Go down
PinkiePieRocks!

PostSubject: Re: They killed derpy.   24/3/2012, 8:53 am

After I heard the voice change, I like the voice, but does it truely fit the character?
If the name needs to be changed, then change it. I do not mind the name Ditzy either.
And Amy's response was a wonderful read and perspective on it.

So on one hand, they "killed her". But I think it kinda was for the best... as long as she airs in some episodes :)

PostSubject: Re: They killed derpy.   24/3/2012, 1:13 pm

Well according to Tabitha St. Germain, she thought the character was a stallion...
Back to top Go down
Monsanto_Corporate

PostSubject: Re: They killed derpy.   12/4/2012, 5:32 pm

I know this is a fairly old story, but I too was quite sad to hear about the loss of a beloved character and want to share my two cents.

I wish that we could have had someone like our crack legal team, who are busy preparing to appeal any decision that could disrupt the Brazilian farming industry’s royalty collection system (“POD System”) for Roundup Ready soybeans, and appeal any action that could undermine the rights of patent holders to collect royalties for their patented inventions.

The POD system allows the remaining growers to pay the royalty when they deliver grain, including those that choose to save their seed from one season to the next. The POD system has helped spur new investments in the Brazilian soybean industry, and has ensured that the value created by new products was shared with growers, seed companies, grain elevators, and exporters. This is similar to Derpy's role in spurring on the fan community and bridging the gap between the artists at Studio B and the fans of this amazing cartoon.

With that kind of tenacity, we probably would still have our beloved, and somewhat silly horse today. :no:
Back to top Go down
ChurchCrusade

PostSubject: Re: They killed derpy.   12/4/2012, 7:34 pm

Monsanto_Corporate wrote:
I know this is a fairly old story, but I too was quite sad to hear about the loss of a beloved character and want to share my two cents.

I wish that we could have had someone like our crack legal team, who are busy preparing to appeal any decision that could disrupt the Brazilian farming industry’s royalty collection system (“POD System”) for Roundup Ready soybeans, and appeal any action that could undermine the rights of patent holders to collect royalties for their patented inventions.

The POD system allows the remaining growers to pay the royalty when they deliver grain, including those that choose to save their seed from one season to the next. The POD system has helped spur new investments in the Brazilian soybean industry, and has ensured that the value created by new products was shared with growers, seed companies, grain elevators, and exporters. This is similar to Derpy's role in spurring on the fan community and bridging the gap between the artists at Studio B and the fans of this amazing cartoon.

With that kind of tenacity, we probably would still have our beloved, and somewhat silly horse today. :no:
Cool story bro /]

PostSubject: Re: They killed derpy.   13/4/2012, 6:33 am

Sorry, but my sustainability class has killed any emotion for Monsanto. Even if said user was banned.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They killed derpy.   

Back to top Go down

They killed derpy.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1