Brony Awakening

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

When Stumped as to Where a Thread Goes, Stuff it in the Trash

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flutterdude

Location : Florida, the land of orange juice and air conditioning

PostSubject: When Stumped as to Where a Thread Goes, Stuff it in the Trash   12/3/2012, 1:33 pm

I'm assuming this thread would be most appropriate here.

I've been subconsciously bombarded with ideas for a fan fiction lately. The ideas just keep flooding in, and I know I just have to get this all down somehow. I have other ideas for not-fan fiction stuff, but I'm saving those until I'm actually, like, you know, out of the nest. But these fan fiction ideas... they're kind of urgent by virtue of being ideas for a fan fiction.

This can count as a legit thread, right?

Advice? Any? I'm willing to elaborate on this great big idea that pretty much just popped into my head.

I apologize if this, in fact, cannot count as a legit thread. Or is misplaced.
Back to top Go down
Topsy Kretts

PostSubject: Re: When Stumped as to Where a Thread Goes, Stuff it in the Trash   12/3/2012, 3:27 pm

Do elaborate.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
http://hellbreaker2012.deviantart.com
Flutterdude

PostSubject: Re: When Stumped as to Where a Thread Goes, Stuff it in the Trash   13/3/2012, 12:39 am

Topsy Kretts wrote:
Do elaborate.

*ahem* I scrawled a quick transcript in an old notebook so I didn't forget any major plot points. Here's the transcript:

[SPOILER WARNING]

Spoiler:

[/SPOILER WARNING]

I think it's gonna be better than that made it sound.

And as a general note: this is going to be a My Little Pony fan fiction, so I'm gonna try to not take myself too seriously. Expect a weird balance of serious stuff and not-so-serious stuff like in M*A*S*H or, better yet, World War Z. Kind of like that transcript up there, but more serious at points.

EDIT: In retrospect, a comparison to The Zombie Survival Guide would be more appropriate, methinks.
Back to top Go down
Topsy Kretts

PostSubject: Re: When Stumped as to Where a Thread Goes, Stuff it in the Trash   17/3/2012, 8:34 am

MY WANT IS EVERYWHERE.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
http://hellbreaker2012.deviantart.com
Flutterdude

PostSubject: Re: When Stumped as to Where a Thread Goes, Stuff it in the Trash   17/3/2012, 8:37 am

Topsy Kretts wrote:
MY WANT IS EVERYWHERE.

Thankies. Maybe you could be a pre-reader?

As for statistics, I'm currently done with the prologue and four chapters. It's rather short-ish, maybe the size of "Silent Ponyville", but it might get bigger as I get more ideas whilst writing the couple chapters or so that have yet to be written. It may or may not have an epilogue, as I always envisioned the final chapter serving as one and wrapping up the story entirely. I don't expect it to have more than ten chapters, though.

EDIT: As of this writing, chapter six is almost finished. From the looks of it, it might be seven chapters and then an epilogue. That's what I'll be aiming for, then. But there are no guarantees.
Back to top Go down
Flutterdude

PostSubject: Re: When Stumped as to Where a Thread Goes, Stuff it in the Trash   29/3/2012, 12:33 am

Lawl, haven't updated this thread in a while.

Just to give it proper closure, "Next Tuesday Morning" is done. A prologue, seven chapters, and an epilogue, like I was aiming for. I'm going to begin publication... probably a little while after Topsy sends me his review of the prologue and chapter one.

PostSubject: Re: When Stumped as to Where a Thread Goes, Stuff it in the Trash   29/3/2012, 3:03 am

Man, now I feel awful about not doing any work on my fic...
Back to top Go down
Flutterdude

PostSubject: Re: When Stumped as to Where a Thread Goes, Stuff it in the Trash   29/3/2012, 3:36 am

*slowly ambles up to plumander*

Psst.

You wanna be a pre-reader or somethin'?

PostSubject: Re: When Stumped as to Where a Thread Goes, Stuff it in the Trash   29/3/2012, 4:51 am

I would, but I don't do anything grimdark related. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Flutterdude

PostSubject: Re: When Stumped as to Where a Thread Goes, Stuff it in the Trash   29/3/2012, 5:24 am

plumander wrote:
I would, but I don't do anything grimdark related. Sorry.

Aww.

Well, by my standards, I'd say it's only "light grimdark". There's blood, gunshot wounds, rather violent melee combat, and some other stuff that I'd rather not reveal for spoiler reasons. But the actual description of these events shouldn't be worse than anything you'd read in "Fallout: Equestria". Your imagination will probably conjure up worse images than the descriptions I provide.

Then again, "Fallout: Equestria" is really grimdark. And I did say by my standards, so...

Yeah. I understand if you don't want to read it. I tried to keep "grimdarkness" to a minimum, but by virtue of basically being 28 Days Later with ponies, it gets dark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Stumped as to Where a Thread Goes, Stuff it in the Trash   

Back to top Go down

When Stumped as to Where a Thread Goes, Stuff it in the Trash
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1