Brony Awakening

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Regarding the spam attack.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CloudConnection

PostSubject: Regarding the spam attack.   10/1/2013, 10:40 am

First off, I want to apologize if I didn't respond as soon as you guys hoped, but I had no idea about this situation until about 6 p.m. EST tonight. So, sorry for the delayed response, but I'm glad to see that it wasn't a total disaster before I came in and intervened. I know some of you are probably still freaking out right now, and you have every right to be. I hope that everything will work itself out from now on, but that's merely a hope.

As of writing this, I have scanned the entirety of the Brony Awakening forum posts to eradicate any trace of the spam. I was able to get quite a lot out, but there may be some straggling posts left (I.E. as soon as I delete all the empty posts, a few more pop up). If you see any of these pop up, then don't fret; just make sure I become aware of them if they stick around for a while. Also, in order to completely get rid of those messages, some posts had to be deleted in their entirety. Apologies to anyone who misses any of their threads.

I want you guys to feel safe here. Brony Awakening is more than just an online forum - it's a community. We're all friends here (though some of us bicker like enemies) and something like this can really shatter the mentality of a big group of people. We managed to make it through this time, but there could very well be another day where this happens. And if it does, we'll deal with it in a way that hopefully prevents it from happening a third time.

Currently, we will not be accepting new members to join BA as a simple measure of "better-safe-than-sorry". I also have an idea that activation of new users should be done by admin and not by users - at least for a while - though I haven't talked with Cal about this idea yet. As to whether or not that forum that planned a spam raid on us a while back is the culprit, I can't say for sure.

Be wise. Be safe. Be aware.

Back to top Go down
http://bronyawakening.forumotion.com
Thoranzalar

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the spam attack.   14/1/2013, 12:28 pm

We were attacked?

AND I MISSED THE BATTLE?! Dammit - I'm desperate for an excuse to use my chainsaw.

Anyhow...is there even the slightest bit of an idea of who attacked us? You say that some forum attacked us a long time ago before but I have no memory of that event - it was probably before my time.

^^ best mommy
Back to top Go down
Firewire
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the spam attack.   14/1/2013, 1:53 pm

Thoranzalar wrote:

is there even the slightest bit of an idea of who attacked us?

Yes.

And there was a massive clean up job done by myself, heat resin, black tribal, arulasti and Plumander done afterwards.

Back to top Go down
plumander

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the spam attack.   18/1/2013, 2:45 pm

Aww yeah, credit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the spam attack.   

Back to top Go down

Regarding the spam attack.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1