The Lights of Harmony II

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Riftonic
Composer
Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   31/3/2013, 2:35 pm

Cloud smiled, he liked to help Axel with his work when possible.

"A-alright!" He smiled and gave him a kiss back, nuzzling his neck and walking along side him*

Fuck logic, I'm a pony! Happy
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   31/3/2013, 2:54 pm

As Axel and Cloud walked away, Mist grinned from the sidelines, acting as an on-the-scene medic in case Fas or Brimstone got hurt.

Right now, Fas had stepped up her intensity and was relentless on Brimstone, not slowing down in her attacks at all. The griffon was great with any kind of bladed weapon, as Mist had learned from Temporal, so it was only fair that Fas dedicated her abilities to teaching Nightwind and Brimstone how to fight with blades.

Of course, it seemed a little redundant to have a spear pitted against a sica, but Mist didn't question Fas's methods. In fact, she seemed to be teaching him how to fight against her style of combat.

Fas stopped in the field in sighed, panting with a few beads of sweat on her brow. Her magic seemed to sizzle as the blade glowed faintly.

"Good....you've kept up with my speed from the start, which is good, and now you're able to counter me. That's good too."

She spun the blade a few times and grinned.

"I'll trust you to have my back any day."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   31/3/2013, 3:03 pm

Brimstone grunted and nodded. He was sore and tired, but he was far from putting his body through enough torment. Simple spear practice wasn't enough for him. He placed the spear back in the racks, but left the armor on his body. Taking a deep breath he lay himself prone on his stomach and lifted himself into doing some pushups - front legs first.

He stopped immediately when he saw the two bat ponies talking with Lightning. "Who are they?"

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   31/3/2013, 3:06 pm

Fas glanced over and shrugged.

"I dunno. They aren't attacking us, and since Lightning doesn't look like she wants to turn them into barbeque, I'd say they're our guests for the moment."

Mist stood and stretched out, looking at the batponies. Her brow raised at the tall mare.

"Hm, must be a high status member....oh well, we'll find out soon enough."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   31/3/2013, 3:25 pm

Brimstone watched them cross from the forest to the house, his legs ready to catapult him to his charge at a moment's notice. But when he saw Stone open the door for them - bewildered or confused as she was - he relaxed slightly. He picked up the spear and trotted back over.

"I'm going to join her as my duty entails. You should come as well."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   31/3/2013, 3:52 pm

Fas nodded as she holstered her sica and Mist started walking with both of them towards Lightning, entering the house after Stone.

Stone was grinning as she looked at the three.

"I think they only want to establish peace with us. No need to worry right now."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   31/3/2013, 4:33 pm

Lightning motioned for the two batponies to take a seat as she brought in the kettle of hot water. She knew her mares would be alright waiting for their tea a little bit longer. She poured them each a cup, to which the mare smiled politely and took a sip. The stallion however was a little bit confused by the smell. He looked for some kind of approval from Comet Strike, who gave such.

She returned her attention to Lightning, as the cup was placed back in its saucer. "Delicious tea. If I'm not mistaken, it is Saddle Arabian in origin? 'Night Whisper', they call it?"

Lightning blinked and nodded. "Yes. Lavender and jasmine... green tea. How did you know?"

She smiled, her fangs glistening in the light. "Princess Celestia has a good taste for this. I'm surprised you share that with her."

Lightning blushed slightly and added sugar to her cup.

"To business then." Lady Comet Strike kept her poise as she shifted in her seat. "I have discussed this matter with the Princesses, and they have agreed that you are the most qualified individual for this particular request."

"I know that you are still settling in to your... rediscovered role, so this may seem like a large burden to you. However, since the drought those many years ago, we have inhabited the Everfree Forest, instead of sharing in the lands of other pegasi. Then our pallets were more diverse and accustomed to the delicacies of ponykind and we labored alongside your ancestors.

"But without them, we were forced to hide again. Our tribal neighbors have slowly died out and joined into this tribe until we only now number a mere eighty. We know the other tribes have fared better, including those who have left these lands. Equestria, however, is our home.

"In light of this, we wish to move back into the sun with the other ponies as we are. But that means we need to have an alliance. One which we hope to forge with you."

Lightning nodded, her face deep in thought. This was a really heavy thing to just dump onto her shoulders. Not only did she have the ponies available to help them should they request it, but she wasn't sure how safe they would be, associating with her. "I would like that. But I'm not sure what that would entail. At the moment, my lovers and I are trying to get a hoof hold in everything we've been thrust into. There are ponies who hate me. There are likely ponies who fear you. This alliance could enhance those feelings."

Comet nodded. "I am aware of the danger. My tribe is not without hunters and warriors, even though we are few. But we need... community. To be accepted outside of the shadow and unknown or our line and our tribe will perish. A long time ago, your ancestor, Lord Hurricane the Fourth extended to us his friendship. When he protected Princess Celestia, so did we. Together we prospered as a shining example of hope. I just wish for a renewal of these things."

"But should I need to protect you-"

She chuckled. "There will be no need for that. In any case, adversaries should be scared of that storm you created with your own hooves. A display of power like that does not go unnoticed."

Lightning frowned. "How would the populace feel? The ponies of Ponyville?"

Comet smiled. "We hope for the best, and know what the worst could be. The mayor was contacted, but is under oath not to speak a word. She holds these same concerns, but is welcoming - just as she was to Zecora."

Lightning still looked unsure and shot a glance at Gold.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   31/3/2013, 5:19 pm

Gold had been grinning around the end of the conversation, especially around the idea of friendship.

"New ponies? Cool~!"

She pumped a hoof and grinned at Comet Strike.

"I love the idea! We need more cultural diversity. I think it's about time that we accepted more into this crazy household, and the idea of batponies wanting to be back in the light again sounds awesome."

Gold smirked this time.

"If we go through with this plan, I support all the way."

She held out a hoof to the larger batpony.

"'Love thy neighbor', is what I believed Celestia said when she drafted the main Virtuous Laws of Equestria."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   1/4/2013, 3:34 am

Comet Strike smiled. "That, she did."

Lightning shrugged and held out a hoof. "Deal. I'm more than happy to have you. You know my concerns, they haven't changed. But I'm sure we'll work it out."

Comet shook her hoof. "Then it is done. You should expect to see us begin to move in soon. There is some kind of 'code' such buildings should be made within the town. We may need assistance with that."

The two batponies rose, with the stallion bowing. "Until we meet again, Lady Lightning. When we do, this shall be called the Hurricane Quarter in your honor. Courtesy of the Mayor."

They both trotted out and disappeared into the forest shortly after

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   1/4/2013, 1:51 pm

Gold grinned as she leaned back into her seat.

"Heh heh, spreadin' love and tolerance wherever we go..."

She was about to continue when she heard rustling paper. Turning her and head, then hopping off of her seat, she noticed the mail had been delivered. She gathered it up and went into the kitchen Stone and Lightning with her.

Gold spread it out and looked the letters over.

"Hmm, threats, subscriptions, junk mail....a letter from the CMC? To Stone?"

Stone took the letter from Gold and opened it, reading it over. Her eyes started to widen as she momentarily stopped reading.

"I'm invited as a special guest for the awards ceremony in the CMC? Hm, apparently my purchase from those foals was one of the biggest donations that the CMC received this year."

She continued reading and soon finished, a small smile on her face.

"I can also bring a guest...."

Gold shook her head.

"I got electronic stuff to do. Speaker system in the service house wasn't wired right, so Quick Wit wanted me to find out where that burning smell was coming from. I also think Fas and Mist were going to train a little as well."

Stone looked over at Lightning.

"What do you say? Come with me as my guest?"

She grinned sheepishly and rubbed her forelegs together.

"I don't really wanna go alone...."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   1/4/2013, 2:15 pm

Lightning giggled and kissed Stone's cheek sneaking in an affectionate lick so the other's couldn't see. "Sure. Just let me mark it on my calendar."

She began to trot towards the stairs but stopped. "I better get some of those cookies though."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   1/4/2013, 2:38 pm

The last few days passed quickly for Stone, since she spent a portion of those days staring at a clock. Gold had been making progress with the stereo system in the service house, Fas, Temporal, and Dalila had made a lot of progress on the barn's repair and restoration, and Mist had been teaching more about magic to Nightwind.

And now, Stone and Lightning were walking side-by-side down a cobblestone road to the building that served as the CMC's main location. The banner outside was welcoming everyone to attend the awards ceremony.

Stone grinned faintly as she looked over at Lightning.

"Looks like we arrived. I wonder where we're supposed to go...."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   1/4/2013, 3:27 pm

"Oh! Lady Lightning, and Ms. Stone Wall! It is a pleasure to have you joining us tonight."

Lightning shook the hoof of a magenta pony with a pink mane, strewn with strands of silver with age. "I'm just the guest. Stone Wall is the big spender."

The older mare laughed and gave a kind smile. "I'm Cheerilee. I teach over at the schoolhouse, but I'm a Crusader Mom so I took on the responsibility for the Ponyville branch. Back when Apple Bloom was my student, she and her friends ran around in much the same way." She sighed, her eyes looking off into some long past memory. Cheerilee shook her head and smiled. "Forgive this old teacher for rambling on. Come on in! We'll be starting in just a minute - through the double doors."

Lightning nodded and thanked Cheerilee for the schedule pamphlet.

As they entered, the silence of the hallway was completely lost. Foals, fillies, colts and parents lined the seats of the school's auditorium. Chatter was everywhere and everypony was too busy to see them walk in and take a seat in the back row.

Cheerilee walked in shortly after and rang a small triangle. Lightning blinked a few times and by then, the room was quiet. Then came the music. A few of the actual scouts in their formal uniforms with instruments lead in the rest of the Crusaders. The parents clapped and cheered them on as the small march proceeded to the front of the room.

When it finished, Cheerilee motioned for them all to sit. "Fillies and Gentlecolts. Today is a very special awards ceremony for our Crusaders - the Annual Cookie Crunch!"

The parents gave out polite applause to which some of the students in the front waved to their waiting parents.

"This year, I am proud to say that our Little Legion has offically set a record for sales for the Annual Cookie Crunch!" The applause and cheers was much more than before and even Lightning jumped in at the applause.

"Also in the audience tonight is the kindest purchaser and donator to the Crusader cause. Ms. Stone Wall everypony!"

There was a good bout of applause, but as Lightning looked around, there were a couple of dirty or confused looks in their direction.

"Ms. Stone Wall was key to our number one group this year, bumping their sales to over fifty boxes of cookies! And, I am proud to announce that as a result of this win, the leader of this group has earned his cutie mark! Let's give a warm round of applause for the Appleseeds!"

One by one, Glitterdust, Clear Mind, and their leader, Peach Cream, walked to the front and were given big golden medallions to wear. Peach Cream pointed at the microphone. Cheerilee nodded and let him speak. "I'd like to give another thanks to Lady Lightning and Ms. Stone Wall for their help in the sale and for coming tonight. You rock!"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   1/4/2013, 4:07 pm

Stone whistled idly as she and Lightning left, thought Stone had a grin on her face.

"Wow, to have impacted a colt's life like helping him get his cutie mark? That's something to put in the books."

She nuzzled Lightning, but stopped when she saw the three foals from before, grins on their faces, despite that it looked like one of the fillies, Glitterdust if she remembered, looked reluctant.

Stone only smiled at the three.

"Congratulations on doing so well on the cookie selling."

She looked at the colt.

"And congratulations on getting your cutie mark."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   1/4/2013, 4:55 pm

Peach Cream bowed momentarily before jumping back to his hooves. His face was lit up like a candle. "Thank you, Ms. Stone Wall! I always thought that I would get something like I did, but it took a good couple of sales to make me sure of it."

Clear Mind smiled and nodded, prodding Glitterdust forward. But she was extremely reluctant to move any closer. Lightning kneeled down and smiled. "Sorry I couldn't be there to help you three out."

Clear whispered in Glitter's ear. She blushed and moved forward a little bit. "Th-thank you, m-m-miss Lightning."

Lightning smiled. "No problem."

Glitter smiled brightly, before blushing and shrinking back behind her friends. That was cut short as Cheerilee and another adult trotted towards them.

"...now, pleas be rationable about this Nightlight. Lady Lightning is a national hero-"

"And utterly devoid of proper morals!" Her eyes locked on Lightnings and she stormed over. "Get away from my filly! Glitter! We're going home. Now."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   1/4/2013, 5:00 pm

Stone's brows furrowed as she spoke.

"And who are you to decide what is proper and what is not?"

-------

http://bronyawakening.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1459

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony II