HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Lights of Harmony II

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 11:49 am

As the Hurricane Household buzzed with activity, a grey and red-striped moving carriage sat outside of a simple home.

The familiar brown coat and red-striped white mane of Freight was seen looking over the interior of the large moving carriage while the red coat and black-striped blue mane of Dolly was bust going over a checklist.

Long Haul and Poncho were also strapping themselves into the harnesses, ready to pull the carriage. Knowing that it was going to be a long journey, Poncho had gone to work without his signature poncho and even ditched his hat, simply letting his short black mane wave freely in the wind.

The blue form of Axel was standing on the doorstep with Cloud by his side, grinning both happily at the thought of getting such an important job, but also felt sad that he was going to be leaving his friends in Canterlot behind. They had been so supportive of him and Cloud that it seemed to hurt more.

He was proud though that Cloud had gotten so comfortable around them, especially around Copper and Brass. The mares couldn't stay away from the little pegasus. Of course, Brass had teased that he was getting jealous, but it was quickly brushed off.

But Brass was still on his case, and it was hard to ignore her and Copper since they were actually at the house too, wanting to see the two stallions off.

Copper went over and nuzzled Cloud's cheek in affection, smiling.

"Please, have a safe journey Cloud. I hope you have fun at the Hurricane House."

Brass finished talking with Axel to speak to Cloud also.

"Yeah, and make sure you don't hurt yourself with those crazy ponies."

She smirked and playfully elbowed the pegasus.

"You're probably going to be one of the very few stallions there, so good luck you lucky stud."

Back to top Go down
Riftonic
Composer
Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 12:13 pm

Cloud blushed a little and chuckled.

"Heh, Yeah, Will be a ch-change of scenery, for sure." He said, looking up at Axel. "Although, I'm sure I won't have to be to worried about getting hurt." He looked back in Brass's general direction. "L-long as one doesn't decide to ch-chace me down."

Cloud laughed, and stepped outside of the house, turned and looked up at it. He hadn't been there long, but it still held many memories for him. He was going to miss the place.

Cloud looked back to Axel.

"W-will they all be able to come and visit?" He asked, walking over to Axel and standing beside him. "Or we come and visit h-here?" He asked, looking over at the two mares and smiling, before looking back to Axel. "I don't want our friends here to end up fading away."

He took a deep breath, taking in the dry Canterlot air, then exhaling.

"I'm going to miss this place, My first real home." Cloud said, leaning against Axel, thinking back over the few months he had been there.

"I wonder how Ponyville will be." He mused to himself quietly, looking over the moving truck, with most of their stuff already packed in it.

His thoughts were interrupted and his ears perked up, as he realized he was forgetting something.

"OH! I almost forgot my headphones." Cloud ran back into the house and up to their old room, going into the closet and using a stool to get onto the top shelf, where he had put his white headphones. He walked back outside brandishing them around his neck.

"Ok, I think I've got everything now." He said, as he looked back at the house one last time.

Fuck logic, I'm a pony! Happy
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 12:21 pm

Axel chuckled as he brought Cloud into half hug, leaning over to nuzzle the top of his head before speaking.

"We're almost ready to go. And of course they'll visit, Right?"

Brass and Copper stood side-by-side and nodded in unison, Copper speaking.

"We'll visit. It's not like we'll forget you two. Strato and Torch will love to visit too."

Freight trotted up to Axel and Cloud, clearing her throat.

"Eet eez time to go. Ve are ready to move."

Axel nodded and smiled gratefully before looking back at Copper and Brass.

"Goodbye girls. We'll miss you."

Both the unicorn twins waved as Axel allowed Cloud to say his goodbyes.

Back to top Go down
Riftonic
Composer
Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 12:27 pm

Cloud looked at the twins for a moment before going up and wrapping them both in a hug.

"I'm gona miss you two, and everypony else." He said, sniffling a little. He hugged them a little tighter then broke his grasp on them.

"Thank you for treating me like family and not scoffing like most did towards me." His eyes welled up some, but he fought back the tears, a big smile on his face.

He went and gave them both one last hug before breaking it and joining Axel.

"D-dont wait too long to visit." He said, boarding the moving carriage and sitting with Axel.

He waved his hoof as they started their journey out of Canterlot.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 12:44 pm

Axel watched as what was his and Cloud's home shrunk and got farther away, the two unicorn twins included, until they turned and it was out of sight. Axel sighed and leaned back onto the roof, enjoying the warmth that the sun had brought after it sat in the heat for so long.

Freight had hopped up as well when they took off and Dolly quickly joined, climbing up the front and sitting in the perch, taking the reins that were attached to the harness hooked up to Long Haul and Poncho.

Without even having her use the reins, they picked up the pace, their breathing still steady as they merged with Canterlot carriage traffic. Poncho yelled a few words at a fancily decorated stagecoach that nearly ran into them that Axel actually covered Cloud's ears.

Dolly only ran a hoof down her face and sighed in irritation as they continued on.

Axel smiled sheepishly as he pulled his hooves away from Cloud, Poncho now finished with his multilingual cursing.

"Sorry, he gets that way in coach traffic."

And with that, he laid back down on the roof and closed his eyes.

"I'm gonna....nap here for a bit. Freight, wake me when we get to the Hurricane House."

Freight nodded as she went over a clipboard in her grasp.

Back to top Go down
Riftonic
Composer
Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 12:48 pm

Cloud's eyes widened as Poncho's language became more colorful, and giggled as Axel covered his ears.

Cloud chuckled one last time and decided to take a nap with Axel until they arrived.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 1:06 pm

Axel was jarred awake by some strong rocking that signaled they had left the true path between Ponyville and Canterlot. They were now on a well worn, but still rocky dirt path to the Hurricane House, which he could barely see over a hill that they had to climb.

Poncho and Long Haul were still surprisingly okay, if a little sweaty and their breathing heavier.

Axel lightly repositioned Cloud, who's head had been resting on his side, and stretched, while still trying to keep his balance. He rolled his eyes at seeing Freight fast asleep, the clipboard clutched against her chest and a trail of drool coming from her mouth.

He kicked her lightly, jarring the earth pony awake.

Axel again rolled his eyes at the mare as the carriage crested the hill, now only a mile from the household that held Axel and Cloud's new home.

It was a short while before they finally arrived, Axel nudging Cloud.

"Come on Cloud, time to get up. We're here."

Back to top Go down
Riftonic
Composer
Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 1:09 pm

Cloud opened his eyes slightly.

"B-but I don't want any frosting on my drink." Cloud said in a very 'why did you say that?' voice, which sounded quite comical. He then proceeded to roll over and started snoring lightly.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 1:18 pm

Axel sighed, but chuckled before he then grabbed Cloud and started shaking him lightly.

"Come on Cloud. We're here. I need you awake for this."

Back to top Go down
Riftonic
Composer
Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 1:22 pm

Cloud took a sharp breath, being startled out of his dream.

"A-already?" He started rubbing his eyes, before looking at the mansion before him.

His jaw dropped at the sheer size of the place, and that was only the main building, he could see somewhat passed it, and to other buildings behind the mansion.

"Th-this is a r-really big place." He said, completely in awe of the whole structure.

He continued to stare, until the sudden stop of the carriage jolting him back to reality.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 1:39 pm

The carriage barely shook from it's stop. Long Haul and Poncho immediately unhooked themselves while Dolly and Freight got off of the roof. Axel hopped off, bringing Cloud with him.

He scratched his mane as Freight went up to the front door. She knocked just hard enough for it to be heard.

Inside the house and in the living room, Fas looked up, then back down at Mist's foreleg that she was in the middle of bandaging, the unicorn herself having gauze around her other foreleg. A strong hit from Brimstone had really done a number on her leg, while Brimstone should've been resting in his room, his hindleg's knee joint needing to heal after Mist fired off a spell a little too quickly for him to dodge.

Fas looked over at Lightning, who was next to her, and smiled.

"Hey, mind getting the door? I got Mist to handle right now."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 1:45 pm

Lightning nodded and trotted over into the entry area. When she opened the door, she was pleasantly surprised to see Axel and Cloud. She walked out and gave them both a big hug.

"I mentioned you coming sometime this morning! I assume you brought everything with you? Got a plan in mind for the forge?"

Lightning waved to the movers both a hello and an ok to come on in.

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 1:55 pm

As Freight, Dolly, Long Haul, and Poncho entered the house, Axel smiled.

"It's great to be here Lightning. Cloud's happy too. We'll miss our home and friends in Canterlot, but we'll manage. Also..."

He pulled out a book from the a satchel he was carrying and gave it to Lightning.

"I'm using a design that my ancestor Cast Iron wanted to have built before he was removed from the Royal Forge. It would require a few rocks that Mist can acquire easily and I need to craft a few things around the circle. I think having it outside will be a benefit too."

Axel sighed as he scratched his mane.

"We'll be happy here, right Cloud?"

Back to top Go down
Riftonic
Composer
Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 1:58 pm

Cloud nodded with a smile, but kept quiet. Having been away from these ponies for the last few months, he was a little bit deeper back into his shell. He knew they meant him no harm, but it was just how he was accustomed to doing things.

Cloud kept near Axel for the most part, looking around the foyer of the mansion. It was huge.

He did his best not to gawk at the size of the area, but, it was just that large. He wondered what the view from the ceiling looked like.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 2:02 pm

Axel smiled faintly as he pulled Cloud closer into a half hug as he looked back up at Lightning. He gestured to the book he gave Lightning.

"That contains not only the schematics, but it also has more in-depth descriptions of certain parts, how they function, what they do, what they are made of, and where they go."

He sighed as he grinned.

"I spent a long time writing that."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 2:14 pm

Lightning nodded. "I'll go over it later tonight with Quick Wit. She called the contractors yesterday to see if we can get someone to look at the schematics."

She trotted back into the kitchens. "Help yourself to anything you like."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 2:24 pm

Axel grinned.

"That's good. I've been meaning to get back to my art."

He waved a hoof.

"And I'm not hungry."

He looked down at Cloud.

"You want anything Cloud?"

Back to top Go down
Riftonic
Composer
Composer

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 2:29 pm

Cloud shook his head.

"I-I'm fine for the m-moment." He kept close to Axel, the smells wafting to his nose.

"It does smell good though." he said quietly.

"S-so, wh-where do we stay?" He asked Axel, as the smell continued to nag at his conscious.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 3:09 pm

Lightning pointed to the staircase. "There are several guest bedrooms upstairs that are very plush and comfortable. You're welcome to pick from any of them. They're mostly the same but I think one of them has a desk. Not sure if you'd prefer that."

She trotted into the kitchen where she promptly opened the fridge and took out a few things. "I'll make some lunch for us all - I think the pantry is pretty well stocked since the last time we went out. Plus we have some leftovers from last night."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 3:20 pm

Axel nodded as he brought Cloud along with him, heading for the steps to search for a guest bedroom. It was a rather short search, since the one with the desk was what he needed.

The room was near the end of the hallway, a longer distance from the other rooms. It was a nice, simple blue with varying shades of blue around the room. A large window was located on the far well opposite of the door, with the mahogany desk located right under it, allowing whoever sat there to gaze out into the backyard and watch over the training field.

He grinned as he stepped in, closing the door behind Cloud.

"This room is perfect."

Meanwhile, down in the kitchen, Gold trotted in and grinned as she let her gaze linger on the steps, having seen Axel and Cloud go by.

She walked over to Lightning, smirking now as she nuzzled Lightning.

"Well, I think that brings the stallion population up by two points."

Gold giggled.

"It's now a three stallions to eight mares and a lioness ratio."

She bumped Lightning's flank with her own.

"Math's fun."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 3:23 pm

Lightning rolled her eyes. "So what? I don't see you trying to steal Cloud from Axel, or making a move on Brimstone." She flicked her tail into her flank and nipped her ear lightly. "Unless, you are, in which I'll leave you to it."

Lightning trotted back down the stairs, calling back, "Leave some for me!"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 3:32 pm

Gold gawked at Lightning's retreating form while Stone, who had been looking into a book on recipes, chuckled. She closed her book and went over, standing by Gold's side.

"Looks like she turned that one on you."

Gold scowled back at Stone.

"Bite me."

"Gladly."

Fas nearly sheared Mist's foreleg off when she heard a loud 'EEP!' from the kitchen, which had made her flinch while using her talons to cut the gauze. Mist only sighed and grinned ruefully while Fas smirked, having heard the conversation thanks to her good hearing.

"Careful what you wish for...."

Back in the kitchen, Gold was glaring at Stone, her face hot enough to fry an egg, while she ran a hoof across her rump.

"Dammit Stone, you know how much I hate that!"

Stone only gave an innocent smile.

"What, you said 'Bite me.', so I only acted accordingly."

Gold only pouted.

"Why must you make me suffer, you evil enchantress?"

"Love you too Andy."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 5:41 pm

Lightning staggered back up the stairs from the cellar, carrying several different boxes and bags up to the kitchen. Most of it was non-perishable items they had recieved from Luna as part of the housewarming gifts. A huge supply, if she wasn't mistaken, of pastas and soups and cans of preserves she was dying to try. She was going to try to make a huge pasta dish, if she could manage the particulars.

Placing the stuff on the counter she looked at Stone. "Know how to make a wicked alfredo sauce? Or should I show you?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   28/3/2013, 12:30 am

Gold finally grinned as her blush diminished a little.

"You kidding? Stone knows how to make all the types of sauces that'll curl your hooves. Alfredo is no different."

She rubbed her chin as she looked at the stack of food items Lightning had brought in.

"We're going to need to figure out a food plan soon. I'm not sure you'll last long cooking for around twelve individuals every night."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   28/3/2013, 7:17 am

Lightning nodded. "I'll talk to anyone I've hired so far. Maybe they'll be ok with a lower pay but included meals. Quick Wit could probably work that out on the books, and we'll get more bits coming in."

She sighed and began sorting through the food. Tempest floated through the open window and landed on Lightning's back. "Anything for me?"

Lightning smiled and shrugged. "We might need cooks too, or I'll never be able to leave the house because I'll be cooking the whole time."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony II
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next