Share | 

The Lights of Harmony II

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   26/3/2013, 9:46 am

Nightwind's ears lifted from her head and she gave a reassuring smile. "It's alright. I know you were just curious. We can talk about it another time, but... I think we should probably head back to the house. I need to wash the smell of meat off of my hooves and muzzle."

She flattened her ears again. "I also need to have a very awkward conversation with Brimstone."

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   26/3/2013, 10:00 am

Mist and Fas sighed in unison as Lightning, Gold, and Stone finally entered the bedroom. Mist's horn glowed as she shut the door behind them, getting a raised brow from Stone.

Mist spoke up.

"Before I begin, I want to let you all know that whatever is said, you are not to judge Nightwind for it."

Stone's brow rose as Gold tilted her head, the pegasus speaking.

"Mist, after all the things we've experienced together, I'm pretty sure that nothing can be said that'll bother us. But what about Nightwind are you going to say?"

Fas took over.

"Well, she's not really what we believed to be at first. She IS a guard, and a good pony...she's just.....she's not a pegasus."

Gold's brow furrowed as Mist kept an eye on Lightning's reaction. Fas continued.

"Well.....Nightwind.....she's a batpony."

Gold and Stone stopped and only looked at each, trying to digest what they were told. Mist still kept her eyes on Lightning.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   26/3/2013, 10:12 am

Lightning blinked. A bat pony? She had met a few of Princess Luna's night guard when she was training at the castle, but they never seemed to talk much. When they did they were polite, if not straight to the point. But she had read a few conflicting accounts about them while she lived in the Platinum household.

Most of the books called them monsters, saying that they lived off the blood of animals. There were accounts of them hiding among the population, spying for the Princess. There were some that portrayed them as spies for both sides during famous conflicts and diplomacy missions in history. Then there were those that called them a nearly extinct race, that wanted all of pony-kind to pay for their destruction.

But she found them interesting. Even though she couldn't imagine hunting small animals for any reason, she could understand that they, like Griffons, were sustained by plants and meat. She'd long since gotten over that fact ever since she saw one of the Generals visiting the Princess eat some kine of meat at their meeting. How Princess Celestia could handle that was beyond her then. But what if some plant being from her fantasy novel had to sit and watch her eat plants?

That was the reasoning she used to get over it during her shadow training of the royal guard for that week he was staying.

"I wish she would have told me. But, I can understand her reasons." She sat down on the bed and smiled. "She does have special needs, right? Dietarily? I know a few of the books I've read say that they need meat in their diet. Then again, they don't teach you about bat ponies in health class."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   26/3/2013, 10:21 am

Fas scratched her neck while Mist filled in Stone and Gold a little bit more on batponies, since the two of them haven't really gotten to see or read much on the bat-winged equines.

"Well, when Mist and I had left for that flight, we were really trying to help Nightwind. Her transformation gave out and she didn't have anyone to recharge it, so her cravings got really bad. Mist had to keep her company in the Everfree forest while I went and hunted some food for her."

She grinned sheepishly.

"Sorry about the lie, but she got her food and shouldn't need to eat meat for another week. Mist and I know a few griffon shops in Canterlot where we can go and get the food for Nightwind."

She sighed.

"Just hope Brimstone is doing alright, since Nightwind should be talking to him right now about it. Temporal and Dalila might have to know too."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   26/3/2013, 10:27 am

Lightning nodded. That was bound to be an awkward conversation. Another thought popped into her head. "I should go tell Quick Wit. Gold, Stone? You've been quiet about this. Are you two ok with her being here?"

Lightning's face filled with concern. She was probably concerned for no real reason, being as they were the ones to make her such an open-minded pony. But it still stood to reason, that some ponies were still uncomfortable with bat ponies even being on the night guard.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   26/3/2013, 10:49 am

Gold looked over and grinned.

"Yeah! I'm cool with it. Kinda cool actually. Never got to actually see a batpony before."

Stone only grinned and shook her head.

"I'm fine with it too. I just didn't know what to think. I figured they were a little....different than us in terms of behavior and attitude, but after what Mist told me, it seems Nightwind is just Nightwind."

She scratched her mane.

"But her eating meat.....kinda makes me uncomfortable. I've never been around meat eaters before, and it kinda makes me nauseous to think about it..."

Gold leaned over and nuzzled the grey mare's cheek.

"No one said you had to watch her do it."

Mist spoke up.

"Actually, none of you will have to watch, since Nightwind said she didn't like eating meat in front of others, so if she gets her cravings, she'll likely go somewhere, likely her room, and quickly eat in order to get it over with."

Stone sighed and sat down.

"That's good...."

Mist nodded, then looked over at Lightning.

"Now, for how long we've been here, we should probably go and look for Nightwind and Brimstone, so that she can get fully reassured by you that you don't mind her being here."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   26/3/2013, 12:58 pm

Nightwind coughed uncomfortably. Her eyes glanced over to Brimstone sitting on his bed with a book in between his hooves. His eyebrows were raised, but he didn't seem as surprised as she had assumed he should be.

They looked at each other for quite a while until Brimstone spoke up. "You can come in if you'd like."

Nightwind nodded and slipped into the room, closing the door shut behind her. After a moment, she took a deep breath. "I'm a batpony, Brim. I'm sorry I never told you."

Brimstone looked over her before nodding. "I already knew."

Nightwind blinked. "What?"

Brimstone placed his book down on the nightstand. "Luna told me to watch you. Saw what you really looked like the first day of boot camp."

Nightwind gawked.

"Special talent - seeing through magic. I'm just made tough enough to be a guard."

The two sat in silence for a little while, staring at each other. Nightwind wasn't sure what to say, while Brimstone wasn't sure how to show her that it was alright. He extended a wing. "Ponies of a feather?"

Nightwind teared up. She extended her wing hesitantly and bumped it against his. "Fly together. Thanks, Brim."

He nodded shortly before picking his book back up. "Anytime, partner."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   26/3/2013, 1:10 pm

As Gold, Lightning, Stone, Fas, and Mist left the bedroom, Fas spoke up.

"I'm going to go find Temp' and Dalila and make sure they know too. Don't want them worrying about Nightwind walking around in her normal form."

With those words, she took off and went out an open window. Gold spoke in a deadpan voice.

"We have doors you feather-brain."

Stone lightly bumped her shoulder and brought Gold down the steps. Mist spoke once they were at the bottom.

"I'll go get Nightwind and Brimstone. They might wanna hear your approval Lightning. Quick Wit will have to be spoken to about this too."

She flashed a smile and trotted out the door, quickly going around the mansion and reaching the service house. She entered and quickly went to Brimstone's room, since she expected them to be there.

She knocked on the door.

"Brimstone? Nightwind? We're going to have a short meeting about....well, you know. Be there soon please!"

She left and went across the house, reaching Quick Wit's room. She knew the mare was home, but the lack of activity could mean that she was asleep. Slowly opening the door revealed her sleeping form. Mist spoke gently, hoping to rouse the pony from her sleep.

"Quick Wit? We're going to have a short meeting....you need to attend....it's about Nightwind. Don't freakout by what you'll see..."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   26/3/2013, 1:23 pm

Brimstone and Nightwind sat nervously across from Lightning and her herd. Well, more specifically, Nightwind was the one that was nervous. Beyond the initial shock Quick Wit experienced that she was now a completely different race, she seemed relatively unphased by her presence.

Lightning looked at the door wondering where Dalila and Temporal could have gone.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   26/3/2013, 1:29 pm

Fas flew in through an open with Dalila flying through as well, landing in a delicate roll and stopping on all four hooves. Fas took her place on the couch next to her lovers while Dalila went over to the other couch, Temporal already somehow there, grinning at the zebra.

Dalila spoke while sitting down.

"Sorry, Temporal got her spells mixed up, but we're here now. So..."

She grinned as she looked over at Nightwind.

"...who's the batpony?"

Temporal looked at Nightwind quizzically before suddenly tapping a hoof.

"Oh, Nightwind, is that you? Cool~, you're a bat pony! All we need is a crystal pony and we have a complete set!"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   26/3/2013, 2:22 pm

Nightwind blushed. "You mean... not a single one of you is afraid of me? Disgusted of me? Going to chase me out of town like last time?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   26/3/2013, 2:31 pm

Gold's brows furrowed as she spoke.

"Come on, it's not like we're in the early years anymore! Just because something's different, doesn't mean we should be afraid, wary, or hostile. We should accept that change and get on with our lives."

Mist nodded as she spoke.

"We all agreed barely a few hours ago to accept you as a part of our zany family. We won't just go back on it just because you're a different species. It's not like you'll purposely try to harm us either. You're one of us, right Lightning?"

Gold grinned as she gently nudged Lightning in the side.

"Yeah, a nice mare like her deserves a home, no matter the case or species."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   26/3/2013, 3:29 pm

"Of course. You'll fit in fine here. We want you to be around, Nightwind." Lightning smiled.

Nightwind nodded and gave Lightning a big hug. "Thanks, Lady Hu-"

Lightning patted her back, causing her to stop mid sentence. "Just call me Lightning. You're part of the family." Her grin grew wider as she supressed a small blush. She hadn't been expecting Nightwind to do that.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   26/3/2013, 3:45 pm

Fas was flying around in a circle, her mind abuzz with activity. She couldn't sleep, the evening's events playing over and over in her head. It had been quite a short adventure, and the thrill of hunting those rabbits. It had given her the thrill of the hunt, for how fast they ran and how elusive they were. Fas didn't like to think of herself as a predator, like a feral griffon, but they all had that instinct they had a hard time surprising. She even caught Gold grazing the lawn because she suddenly had a craving for 'wild grass, straight off of the ground'.

Fas and her had laughed about it.

But right now, she just wanted to fly around in the moonlight and cool breeze until she felt exhausted enough to sleep.

She smiled as she passed by the balcony leading to the Sun Room, the moonlight casting its silver glow into the room and illuminating the inside.

Mist had fallen asleep on the balcony, a large quilt tucked in around her with a book lying on the table beside her.

Fas sighed as she started her tenth lap around the mansion, deciding to start near the service house this time, just to add distance to the laps.

The night was her element, and she loved flying in it.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   26/3/2013, 4:17 pm

Nightwind sat on her balcony watching the moon slowly move towards the horizon. It was later than she had been awake in a while and even though she preferred to be up in the day, it was at night that she really shone. Her coat glowed with a light shimmer that sparkled like the stars in the sky.

It was the movement that really caught her by surprise when Fas rounded the building. She was graceful, tearing through the sky like a hawk on the prowl. She smiled. Her help really saved her tonight.

She gave a little wave as she zipped by, just to show her appreciation. She'd be up till dawn anyhow.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   26/3/2013, 4:27 pm

Fas saw the faint shine from Nightwind and grinned, giving a salute and then doing a corkscrew in midair, climbing higher before diving towards the mansion, showing off a little.

Her breathing actually slowed as she pulled out of the dive.

She started to glow, white lines going across her back and wings.

Her movements became graceful, doing loops, spins, and corkscrews in her laps around the mansion and service house. Her element was helping, for she was so relaxed in flight that she allowed her power to flow through her body.

It was ten more laps later that she gave a final wave to Nightwind and finally landed quietly on the balcony, yawning. She entered the Sun Room after pecking Mist on the forehead, making her way to the bedroom.

Fas yawned once more and crawled into the bed, laying on the end behind Gold and pulling her into an embrace, cuddling the pegasus. Gold sighed in her sleep and unconsciously slid closer into Fas's chest and stomach.

The griffon sighed and closed her eyes.

Tomorrow promised a new day.....

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 2:02 am

Lightning was up early, with Tempest looking very concerned on her head.

"You didn't sleep well did you?"

Lightning flipped the prench toast in the pan, pouring a little bit of syrup on top, so that it would cook into it. She shook her head lightly.

"Nightmares?"

Lightning nodded. "I haven't had one in a week. But it looks like they were just giving me a break."

Tempest nuzzled against her. "We'll stop them. It takes time. Mom had me visit last night. From what she said, this one was tame in comparison to the others."

Lightning stayed quiet as she moved the last of the prench toast onto the plate. She flicked off the stove before dragging the plate into the dining room. Only Mist and Quick Wit were waiting.

"Mist, I think Brimstone is warming up on the training square. So you know."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 5:20 am

Mist grinned as she finished chewing her prench toast, swallowing before speaking.

"Excellent. I'll just put my dishes away and go on out. I know guards are well trained and all, but there some things even the captains don't think about preparing for. Some magic should help."

She picked up her plate and quickly cleaned it in the sink before drying it and putting it away. The unicorn went over and pecked Lightning on the cheek.

"I'll try to go easy on him."

She giggled, said goodbye to Quick Wit and Tempest, then exited the mansion, making her way to the training field. She spotted the stallion and spoke.

"Greetings Brimstone. I hope you are prepared..."

There was a bright flash that covered Mist's body before disappearing. She was now covered in her Vigilate garb, the main cloak a glowing green with a black sash. The hood pulled up and covered her head as the steel mask clasped onto the chestplate, so she didn't lose it.

"...for quite the experience."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 9:57 am

Brimstone raised an eyebrow. He calmly walked over to the weapon and armor rack, picked a set of heavy armor and began to lock himself into it.

"Sorry," he said quietly. When he had finally suited up, he grabbed a a long spear. Crossing back to the center of the field he nodded. "Ready."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 10:02 am

Mist smiled as she drew stomped a hoof. Her eyes glowed under the cover of the cloak as the visible parts of her body lit up in red runes.

Her horn glowed red as she suddenly slashed the air with it, a red line appearing parallel to the ground. Her horn flashed and the red suddenly took off across the field towards Brimstone.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 10:14 am

Brimstone spun to the right, digging the blade of his spear across the ground. Had he looked back, he would have noticed the magic die against the blade. But he was focused on bringing things to a quick close. He zipped forward and spun the spear around, shoving the butt of the spear at Mist's chest.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 10:20 am

Mist crossed her forelegs and took the impact, grunting as she was pushed back. She pushed the momentum and rolled across her back. Once she reached the back of her head, she uncrossed her forelegs and pushed against the ground, using her magic to boost herself to her hind-hooves.

Her horn glowed again, along with her eyes, as she jumped forward, grabbed the end of the spear, and swung her hoof in an attempt to punch him in the muzzle.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 10:37 am

Brimstone swung upside down, flaring his wings to slide down the spear, his hind legs barely holding on to the spear. When he landed on his back he lifted her from the ground and whipped the spear hard. He had no doubt that she would at least fall off of it.... he hoped.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 11:12 am

Mist flew from the spear, but her magic still held strong. She slid across the ground and pulled the spear into the air.

Once she slid to her hooves, her front right fore-hoof glowed, then she flung it down, the spear traveling at high speed and glowing red.

It went right into the ground near Brimstone's head, blade down.

Mist smirked as she went over to the stallion.

"Looks like round one is mine. Good start for practice, especially that jab into the chest and fling. If I wasn't a unicorn, I would've taken a bad fall."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   27/3/2013, 11:20 am

Brimstone grunted and got up from the ground. He nodded at the praise and pulled the spear free. He was concerned that using more lethal force and training would end up injuring Mist. but now that he was at least, somewhat sure he could go harder, he was determined to try again.

He dug in his hooves and nodded. "Again."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony II
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next