Share | 

The Lights of Harmony II

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
EvenMotion
I don't post outside of Lights Of Harmony

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   3/1/2013, 7:57 am

Lightning blushed from embarrassment. Of course they were fine. How she could think otherwise seemed almost an insult to their intelligence and business savvy.

"Of course you are," she said quietly. "Sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to if I did."

A light rapping at the door stopped her from making more of a fool of herself. A letter floated in shortly after, which came to a stop on the carpet. She looked up at the clock. It was already eight o'clock.

She looked at the other sleeping mares and the alarm clock - 7:59. Almost a second later, the alarm they had set up began to sound with the DJ PON-3 album Stone had decided on.

"I'll shower first," Lightning said. She trotted into the bathroom and closed the door behind her.

The two longer ones can be found on Equestria Daily!
Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   3/1/2013, 11:12 am

Fas groaned as she sat up, a hand on her back.

"Damn, next time, I'm not sleeping on the floor, no matter HOW MUCH they say it's good for you."

Mist muttered something before rolling back over and burying her head in Stone's chest, cuddling against her. Stone groggily opened her eyes and yawned. She sat up and looked over at Gold, who was making her way over into the kitchen.

"What are you looking for, Gold?"

Gold snorted.

"Something plain and decent. I'm bored with fancy teas and overly-prepared breakfast foods that serve better as decorations. Coffee straight black and toast with cinnamon and sugar is good enough with me."

Stone shook her head as she lifted Mist into a sitting position, hoping it'll wake her up. It instead made Mist drape herself over Stone and close her eyes again. Stone narrowed her eyes, then smiled evilly.

She leaned down and whispered something into Mist's twitching ear before nipping the tip of it.

Mist's eyes popped wide-open as she blushed heavily.

"I'm awake! No need to do that!"

Stone laughed.

Gold spoke up as she put the filter into the coffeemaker.

"Oh, we're going to Ponyville after breakfast. Lightning's home finally got built, so we're getting a new home too."

Fas smiled.

"Cool. I'm tired of living in the guilds anyways. Being underground sucks when you're a flier."

Mist smiled as well.

"And I'll be happy to finally get out of my apartment. If the owner's son doesn't stop sending me letters, I'm going to file a restraining order."

Stone spoke up next as she made her way over to Gold.

"We might have to check the storefronts to see which are selling right now. I'm sure I can find that list Fancy Pants sent us a day ago."

Gold nodded, then suddenly sighed loudly and slammed the cupboard closed.

"Gah! Why can't they even leave a box of cereal in here? Do they even know what cereal is!?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   3/1/2013, 12:04 pm

By the time Fas finally got out of the shower, Lightning had begun to wade through her response to Fancy Pant's invitation to the Canterlot Garden Party.

Her writing was a little shabbier than she remembered, but it was still good, considering that she had to improve upon it when she was teaching herself. Then again, it was irritating that she still wrote in a calligraphic manner.

She paused to put the quill in the inkwell, giving her mouth a much needed rest. "Now that we're all awake, packed, and clean, who wants to go with me to the Canterlot Garden Party next week?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   3/1/2013, 12:22 pm

Stone tilted her head side-to-side a few times, humming, before stopping and nodding.

"I suppose I should go. Knowing Fancy, he'll want to speak with me as well. He's a good sport to chat with."

Gold spoke up too.

"Yeah, and I need to speak with Fleur. She sent me a letter a few days ago about wanting to do more about the advertising. I think we're finally going to have ads put up."

Stone grinned as they both bumped a hoof together. Mist was next.

"I don't have anything planned either, and I'm sure Fas doesn't as well?"

Fas nodded, but then hung her head.

"Not entirely sure if I'll be welcome though. I know that Fancy Pants and Fleur de Lis tried, if that letter says anything, but I'll be the only griffon."

She suddenly lifted her head, a look a surprise on her face.

"Oh, wait a minute."

She grinned.

"I don't care what others think."

She waved a hoof.

"I got nothing to do. I'll go. I can be a bodyguard if nothing else."

The griffon waved a clawed hand.

"With me coming along, we'll have the most colorful entourage imaginable."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   3/1/2013, 12:38 pm

Lightning nodded and went back to finishing off the letter. Her script was tidy and neat, with little bits of calligraphic flair where they seemed appropriate. It took her a couple of minutes to finish it off, before she dripped some ink onto her hoof and stamped her hoof-print onto the paper.

As she was sealing up the letter, she grabbed the other letter that was slipped under the door. Opening it, her eyebrows raised. Inside were five train tickets to Ponyville.

She rose and pulled out the letter. "I guess we're all set then. Princess Luna will drop by either later tonight or tomorrow to see how we've settled in, so I'll need someone to go to the store, as food was probably not included on the list of housewarming gifts."

She chuckled before putting the letter in her saddlebags and hefting them onto her back. She placed the tickets in the same compartment and looked up at the others. "Ready?"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   3/1/2013, 12:52 pm

Stone went over to a bag she'd been carrying with her from the store and reached in, pulling some items out before slinging the brown satchel across her back. She pulled Gold's white and gold radio headphones across the gold-maned pegasus's neck, placed her silver aviators on top of her mane, then pulled the satchel off and put it across Gold's back this time.

Stone grinned before putting a pair of black sunglasses on her head and out of her eyes.

"Now we're ready."

They all herded out the door of the suite and were soon outside. The sun was finally shining, Gold pulling her aviators over her eyes and Stone pulling her sunglasses down as well.

Gold finally spoke as she shuffled the satchel onto her back.

"Today's going to be another day, good or bad."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   3/1/2013, 1:22 pm

Surprisingly enough, they didn't have any problems walking through the streets or after they got off of the train. In fact, Ponyville seemed to be a quiet city as they walked through the streets.

This would be fine if it wasn't half past noon. Lightning looked curiously at the others. "Where is everypony? Slow day or what?"

They passed a couple on the road who waved and kept going down the street. She looked into a few windows just to settle her nerves - there were ponies shopping in the local stores.

She continued moving on until they reached the outer edges of the town. Lightning's jaw dropped.

Just over the hill of the park they'd wandered through was a huge mansion, complete with topiaries, water fountains, and a huge wealth of gardens lining the front walkway. On top of that, a large observatory had been built on one end, complete with telescope. She assumed there were plenty of guest rooms, and out of the corner of her eye, she could see another small building poking out the back.

An earth pony stood at the crossroads with a set of surveyors tools set up in the front walkway. Lightning approached him curiously.

"Good afternoon, my nam-"

The earth pony recognized her quickly. "Ah, you must be Lady Hurricane. I apologize for the seeming intrusion on your land, but we never constructed walls as per suggestion by the Princesses."

"Walls?" Lightning raised an eyebrow.

"To prevent theft and attack? Surely you knew about the request?"

Lightning shook her head. "I don't like feeling boxed in. Can they retract into the ground?"

This time it was the earth pony's turn to look surprised.

"If there is an additional fee, I will discuss it with the princesses. Ponyville doesn't deserve to have something akin to a military base next to it."

Lightning pointed at the farms and the park that seemed to be her new neighbors. "I want to be friends with my neighbors, not treat them as threats right off the bat."

"Uh, hum, it will, uh. Be almost double the price as befo-"

"Done." She smiled. "Tell your boss to come here tomorrow so we can arrange payment."

The earth pony simply gawked at her. Lightning smiled and walked ahead, letting out a huge breath of air when she was clear. Being in charge was beginning to seem like it would wear down on her. She couldn't wait to just go inside and lie down.

As she opened the door, she was immediately assaulted with streams of confetti, and party horns with the force of a small train. Lightning flopped onto her back as they yelled, "SURPRIIISE!"

A pink blur filled her eyes as a particularly happy looking pink pony bounced up and down beside her. "Were you surprised? Were you?"

"Pinkie Pie, give her some room. You practically have her a stroke." Lightning recognized that voice as Twilight Sparkle's.

Twilight helped her to her hooves as Pinkie Pie hopped off into the party to get one thing or another. "I couldn't stop her from throwing a surprise party for you. Princess Luna said she'd come by later, though. Something about a specific performance Pinkie has planned."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   3/1/2013, 1:37 pm

While Mist was busy getting the much desired air in her chest after the scare, with Fas helping her, Gold and Stone entered the mansion, both looking around the interior. Gold whistled in amazement while pulling her aviators off. .

"Nice. This is gonna be a great place to live. And this party's pretty cool too!"

She grinned as she looked around, recognizing the forms and colors of Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy while Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle were preoccupied with Lightning, Fas, and Mist.

Gold grinned and elbowed Stone.

"Totally makes up for breaking and entering, right?"

Stone chuckled and nodded.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   3/1/2013, 2:22 pm

"I'm delighted to have you in Ponyville. Twilight has told me a few things about you, and I can't wait to sit down and chat with you mare to mare."

Lightning nodded. The aged Mayor seemed very friendly. As she noticed Twilight return, the mayor waved goodbye and trotted off into the throng of ponies.

"Have you seen the backyard yet?" Twilight asked, levitating a small glass of punch to Lightning's waiting hooves.

Lightning shook her head. She looked around at all of the ponies in her foyer - which in a sense doubled as a huge dance floor. The entrance way was as big as a ballroom, with two staircases and balconies ringing the sides just above her. The door to the left led to a large dining room, while the one on the right after the entrance was a living area, complete with a fireplace and couches. There was also a beautifully crafted set of Sun and Moon she was itching to get her hooves on.

The far end doors led out into the backyard, which she hasn't been able to get close to. In the last hour she'd met more ponies than she expected to meet in her whole life. All of them were wonderful to talk to - even if some of the richer crowd was in attendance.

Twilight giggled. "I heard Pinkie got Vinyl to come out her from Canterlot for the second half of the party. She even got some of the fancy places in town to cater a dinner for all the attendees. And I mean all of them."

"Good thing we had an outstanding harvest this year."

Lightning looked over to see Applejack wandering over. "Pleased to meet y'all again under better circumstances. Quite the hoedown Pinkie's got goin', ain't it?"

Lightning nodded. "Quite. How did she get in here without a key?"

They each shrugged.

"Did she pick the locks? Did Luna give her the key?"

Twilight smiled and exchanged a glance with Applejack. "It's best that you don't think too hard about it. She has her ways. Though, Luna might've had them leave the doors unlocked for her."

"Like that'll stop her," Applejack teased. "When y'all are ready, come on outside. We got some fritters coming fresh outta the friers.

Lightning's stomach grumbled. She blushed, but Applejack just laughed and trotted off.

Twilight lead her out into the backyard, which of course made her jaw drop again. To the side was a separate building - likely for live-in workers if she decided to have any. Guards would likely fit that bill, just like at the castle, or back at the Platinum compound. To the right were more practical gardens, designed after her ancestor's improvements on Earth Pony farms - designed to like like a many layered flower with each layer containing a method for letting water flow into the lower levels. Four main paths lead up to the top, where a fountain filled the hoof made brooks. These waterfalls let out into a natural brook that crossed into the pond a ways out. A small wooden bridge carried them into the huge expanse of fields were all of the food and a large stage were being out together.

More ponies were present once more and she waved a friendly hello as she passed.

"This is incredible..." Lightning gasped.

"If you saw the old Hurricane Compound, you'd think this was tiny." Twilight pointed towards the east. "They built a whole city on the peak of a mountain before the drought. When bad times fell on them, they used the snow pack to make Cloudsdale, in hopes it would bring more water. It helped a little, but the city was abandoned. I lead a research expedition last year that went there. Very interesting design."

Lightning nodded dumbly. She couldn't imagine controlling a whole city, let alone this mansion.

"By the way, have you been having any problems since everything settled down? I've been a bit concerned about the five of you."

Lightning shook her head. "Only one suitor so far. Nothing major."

Twilight smiled. "That's good. I expected more, but I'm glad there wasn't."

Lightning took a look around for any of her mares. She hoped they hadn't gotten swallowed by the crowd.

Twilight tapped her shoulder and pointed at Mist, who was looking at the farming apparatus. "I'm going to go make sure the setup is going as planned."

Lightning trotted over to Mist, relieved that she could find at least one of her mares.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   3/1/2013, 2:39 pm

Mist was grinning as she stared at the farming apparatus before her.

"Incredible.....marvelous engineering."

She looked over and her smile widened as she saw Lightning coming her way.

"This place is amazing Lightning! I love how everything is so well made!"

She stopped and tapped her chin with a hoof.

"I may have to put a few wards up in case of emergencies...."

She glanced at Lightning and smiled.

"...but we can save that for another time. In case you're wondering, Gold and Stone got trapped by Rarity and I think Fas was talking with Rainbow Dash. Apparently Rainbow mistook her for someone else, but they took the time to talk with each other after getting everything sorted out. I must say, they're getting along pretty nicely."

Meanwhile, Stone was feeling the sweat forming on her brow as Rarity spoke about finding the perfect dress for the gray mare, thinking of it as a challenge to find some sort of nice formal attire that matched Stone's sharp appearance.

Gold simply stood beside Stone and snickered as she ate a cupcake she got off of the snack table. It was vanilla with white frosting and sprinkles that were in different shades of blue.

Stone finally lifted a hoof.

"Look, look, Ms. Rarity, I appreciate the offer, really I do, but I don't do dresses. For that matter, I barely even do formal attire. Plus, no dress of any sort short a combat vest works for me. Too gray and the mohawk throws them off."

Last edited by Black Tribal on 3/1/2013, 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   3/1/2013, 2:53 pm

"Nonsense!" Ratity pouted, looking over the gray mare. She was... quite a challenge to say the least. Out of all of her dress designs, she was least likely to slip into them as she was. A small change here or there and a brush through her mane might have solved the problem, but Rarity was stuck.

Then it hit her like a rainboom on a clear day. "Of course not. I don't know what I was thinking. A dress wouldn't do you justice at all."

Just as the grey mare seemed to settle down, Rarity chimed in. "A suit would much better bring out your personality than a dress. I simply can't believe I didn't see it before."

Rarity watched Stone attempt to speak and instead rose her glass of punch to her side. "I won't take no for an answer. Just imagine how bad it would be for you to attend formal events with your marefriends without some sort of attire. Poor Lightning would be in a much worse opinion after such a gaff, and I must say that I want you to succeed as a herd so much. When you have a moment tomorrow or the day after, stop by my boutique so I can get measurements. From all of you."

Rarity sipped the punch before darting off, "Ah, Sweetie Bell!"

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   3/1/2013, 3:11 pm

Stone was looking hopeless while Gold ate the last of her cupcake, chewing and swallowing before speaking again.

"Wow, now I know what Fine meant when she told me that Rarity was a little....'fashion crazy'. Still, Fine still looked pretty adorable in that maroon dress at the last Hearth's Warmings Eve party we had."

Gold patted Stone on the shoulder.

"I just hope no one confuses you for a stallion. That means I have to get offended about their comments instead of laughing while burying my muzzle into weakly spiked punch."

She smiled and nuzzled Stone's jaw before turning Stone's head to face her.

"At least do it for me and Lightning. I don't know if Fas would like a dress and we know how Mist gets when the tape measure touches her. She either giggles or stutters."

Stone sighed and gave a small smile.

"Okay, for you guys."

Gold smiled, pecked Stone on the lips, and led her to the buffet table.

"Now, to eat before we run out of the good stuff....."

Meanwhile, Fas was sitting at a table that had been set out for guests, drinking punch with the one and only Wonderbolt, Rainbow Dash.

"Geez, maybe I should be insulted that you mistook me for this 'Gilda' character. Not like all griffons are alike."

She smirked as she took another sip of her punch.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   3/1/2013, 3:27 pm

Rainbow rolled her eyes. "Psh. You got an apology from the head of the Wonderbolts. No way you won't take that. It's not like I hand them out like candy."

Rainbow laughed and stuffed an apple tart into her mouth. She swallowed and grabbed her punch glass again. "Anyway. You have good taste in mares, Fas. She's quick on her hooves. Nearly blew us off of our seats when she tried out for the 'bolts a few years back. Self taught flyer? No school degree? We made her take a general education test because we had no school record on her. First hundred I'd ever seen."

She scowled. "Our former manager got paid off to keep her from joining the team. I nearly quit cause of that. But my threat got him to step down for fear of a letter to the princess. I hoped she'd have come back, but it seems she 's got a slightly different calling."

"Oh my gosh, is that Rainbow Dash?"

Rainbow looked back at the crowd. "I'll catch up with you later. My fans are calling." She downed the last of her punch before tossing a perfect shot into the trash. "We should hang out sometime."

Rainbow trotted into the crowd, immediately becoming engulfed in several layers of fillies dying for her autograph.

"Don't worry kids, there's plenty of me to go around," Rainbow laughed.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   3/1/2013, 4:01 pm

Fas laughed and yelled out to Rainbow Dash.

"I'll be sure to take you up on the offer! Good talkin' to ya Dash!"

She laughed again and took a large gulp of the punch, deciding to go get more. It was really good. A nice fruity tang with a sweetness that was hard to point out.

While all of that was going, Gold was busy scouting the party, once she got Stone to sit down and eat something. Her blue eyes caught sight of a butter-yellow pegasus with a flowing pink mane and tail sitting by herself away from the festivities. Gold's smile dropped and she made her way over, hovering above the crowd in order to move faster.

She dropped in front of Fluttershy, making the pegasus cringe and hide behind her mane. Gold smiled encouragingly.

"Hey, what're you sitting here for?"

Fluttershy spoke in a soft voice that was almost frantic.

"Oh, and I disturbing you? I'll just move somewhere-"

"Whoa, whoa, hold your horsehoes."

Gold still held her smile.

"You're Fluttershy right?"

The yellow mare nodded meekly. Gold held her gentle smile.

"I heard you like animals."

That got Fluttershy's attention, which made Gold grin more.

"So maybe you can answer some questions for me. You see, before all this happened, I traveled across Equestria, seeing the sights, learning the culture, and experiencing the flora and fauna in many different environments."

Gold reached into her satchel and pulled out a small journal that was wrapped in a form of rose colored plastic with her cutie mark on the cover. She opened it, revealing sketches of different plants and animals, some of them showing extraordinary detail.

"I always kept this journal in my satchel, never parting from it if I can't help it. I was wondering if you could help me identify some of them."

She showed Fluttershy one of the sketches, the shy pegasus actually brushing her mane back to see better.

"Now, I couldn't really tell if that was a Black-rumped Flameback woodpecker or a Ladder-backed Woodpecker. I know for sure that it was part of the Piciformes Order, but I couldn't tell it's name from the distance I was."

Fluttershy leaned ever Gold's shoulder and studied the picture, and without missing a beat, spoke.

"It's a Ladder-backed Woodpecker. The Black-rumped Flameback has a yellow color on its wings that makes it lack a distinct pattern while the Ladder-back has whites and blacks that are striped and dotted on its wings, giving it its name. It's easy to confuse them sometimes."

Gold grinned as she pulled out a small pencil from the bag and marked in the book, writing the appropriate name underneath the picture.

"Thanks...now, about this plant..."

Stone grinned from the table she sat at, watching Gold bring Fluttershy out of the shell she carried. Stone chuckled to herself.

"Sometimes, she only uses her head instead of her voice...."

She took a sip of her punch, enjoying its flavor.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   3/1/2013, 4:21 pm

Lightning trotted over to one of the tables, dragging Mist through the fray of bodies rushing to the food. Applejack let them grab some just before she started hollering that it was ready. Good thing too, otherwise they'd have been caught up in the stampede. Once they were clear of the stampede, she dragged Mist out to a quieter spot on the lawn, closer to the stage that was set up in her yard. Her yard. She loved the sound of that.

Before Mist had the chance to ask her why they were out her, she dragged her into a deep kiss. After a moment or two she finally relented and pulled away.

"What a welcome, huh?" She looked back at the party goers swarming the table. "Pinkie Pie hardly knows us, but she pulled out all the stops just to make us feel welcome. I'm more stunned about that, than the house itself." She started to get a little teary, "It's one of the nicest things anypony had ever done for me. Besides the giving me my life back thing you pulled in Canterlot, or the whole restoring fortune thing Luna did."

Lightning wiped her eyes with the back of her hoof. "It's home. For real this time."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   3/1/2013, 4:44 pm

Mist smiled, a little red-faced, but carried an honest smile.

"And we'll have the best of times ever. I'm sure we'll make plenty of new friends in Ponyville, and I'm sure we'll be welcomed here. No real stuffy nobles to ruin the scenery either. We're going to be happy here...."

She looked over at the door into the party, showing Gold introducing Fluttershy to Stone, and trying to keep the pegasus from hiding behind the table, and Fas having a deep, yet humorous discussion with Twilight and Applejack. Then she said something that nearly made Applejack lose her hat and Twilight almost dropping her cupcake. They all laughed it off though.

Mist sighed as she sat on the grass, enjoying its coolness.

"I'm just going to sit out here and...wait..."

She looked back at Lightning.

"If it isn't too much trouble, I wanna bring Anima out. She hasn't gotten to enjoy true company in months. Just a small incantation and she can make an appearance. Please?"

She gave Lightning a hopeful smile.

"She won't be a bother, I promise."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   4/1/2013, 1:10 am

Lightning kissed Mist's nose. "So long as she doesn't set anything on fire or scare anypony to death, I'd be happy to have her."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   4/1/2013, 1:43 am

Mist smiled and closed her eyes, her horn glowing as she muttered a few words in Old Equestrian. Her eyes opened and glowed a bright red before she leaned over and pressed a hoof into the ground.

"Surge, Anima."

Her horn glowed and flashed before she suddenly sat still. A ghostly mirage of a glowing green orb appeared in front of her chest and started to swirl, turning like floating water before moving away and floating onto the ground. A flash, and a pony start to rise from the ground, her green and gold features prominent from the glow.

Once she solidified, Anima stood there in her pony form, shaking her head until she stopped and opened her eyes. She looked around before finally smiling at Mist and Lightning.

"Greetings, Lightning. I am Anima."

She gave a larger smile.

"It is great to meet you."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   4/1/2013, 10:01 am

"It's nice to meet you too." Lightning said. She remembered a few of the sparring matches they shared which weren't nearly as serene as se looked now. Her brilliant green and gold colors were very different than the stone form she was used to seeing. "Though this isn't really the first time is it?

Lightning looked out over the fields as if trying to grab hold of something she had lost. A dream? She was confused at what sparked the thought all of a sudden, but she let it go. She liked staying far away from her mind and her nightmares.

She finally noticed some commotion at the stage. Equipment setup most likely, so she paid it no heed.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   4/1/2013, 11:26 am

Anima still gave a gentle smile.

"I suppose....I've been with Mist for a while now....sensing and....helping...."

Her smile became a sad smile.

"I'm....a part of Mist, a connection we share, if you will....somewhat like the emotional bond that you share with Mist. I reside in her soul and in her mind, serving as a second opinion and voice of reason if necessary."

She actually reddened a little.

"I can feel some of your emotion as well...."

Mist blushed furiously as she put a hoof to her mouth, muttering.

"Oh goddesses, I forgot about that...."

Anima still smiled sadly.

"I can tell that you're troubled by things that are not in your control or are not your fault. You are afraid for your loves, and still fear that harm will come to them. Admirable, for that is a sign of true love and care."

The phoenix-turned pony made her way over to Lightning and nuzzled her forehead in a near-motherly manner, smiling in much better hopes.

"I watched over Mist since she was a child and I nothing but a phoenix, undying and forever protecting. It is great fortune that I no longer have to worry about her alone, and that she found lovers like you, and Gold and Stone and Fas."

She looked up at the sky, seeming to be lost in thought.

"Maybe someday, I could become your guardian too, if you want. A phoenix is quite rare nowadays, since many have poached us for our magical powers of rebirth, hoping to gain our abilities. Some things are not meant to be pursued. We are connected, and can tell when we are lost from others. The closest of my kin is Sol, or as others know her, 'Philomena', the guardian of Princess Celestia."

Anima gave a light laugh.

"To think, a young one such as Philomena would be the one destined to represent the sun. Has been centuries since we've seen a true sun-born phoenix."

She smiled as she looked back at Lightning.

"But then again, a soul-born phoenix such as myself is quite a spectacle."

Anima sighed.

"Oh we phoenixes and our need to protect you silly ponies. Makes me wonder what we were thinking all this time."

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   4/1/2013, 12:40 pm

Lightning smiled and gave a small giggle. "I'll keep the offer in mind. And, uh, sorry if we disturbed you this past week. It's been... Different." She shot Mist an embarrassed look before turning back to the stage.

She noticed Gold chatting with none other than Vinyl Scratch, the famous pony known as DJ-PON3. Gold had mentioned working on her stuff before at the electronics shop. Telling from the upset frown on the unicorn's face, something must have broken down.

"Looks like Gold has a last minute rush-job." Lightning noted. "I hope it's quick. We just got here."

She blushed, "Well, a few hours ago, but that's besides the point."

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   4/1/2013, 1:08 pm

Gold was tapping a hoof to her chin as Vinyl explained her problem.

"I finally got my set up and the mover has the frickin' nerve to tell me that my amp was already broken when he delivered it! If one more piece breaks, I'm gonna buck him in the head!"

Gold held her hooves up.

"Whoa whoa, calm down Scratchy. Look, if you got the tools, I can see about fixing your amp and boosting the EQ while I'm at it."

Vinyl looked at her with a brow raised, which was hard to notice behind the large purple shades she wore. She suddenly grinned and went back behind the curtains, coming back with a toolkit levitating beside her. Gold grinned, grabbed the kit, and went over to the amp Vinyl pointed her over to.

As Gold proceeded to open amp up, Vinyl spoke, a grin on her face.

"So....that Hurricane mare...?"

Gold nodded.

"And Stone....?"

Gold nodded, pulling out a soldering pen and pulling out some resin wire. Vinyl's grin was growing.

"With that cute unicorn over there...?"

Gold nodded again, soldering the two wires together.

"And a griffon...?!"

Gold nodded once more, putting the cover back on. Vinyl suddenly grabbed Gold and pulled her close, their noses touching as Vinyl gazed into her eyes, her sunglasses now resting on her horn and showing her red eyes to Gold's blue.

Vinyl whispered with unhidden awe.

"Teach me how you do it..."

Gold simply stared before breaking out in laughter, pushing Vinyl away and wiping a tear from her eye.

"Oh Scratchy, I don't think you could go through what I had to go through, and nearly dying of hypothermia is barely the first step. And it's not a fling, I truly love the girls with my heart."

Vinyl pouted.

"That sucks...."

Gold hummed and rubbed her chin before wrapping a wing around Vinyl and pulled the unicorn DJ with her off the stage. She and Vinyl made their way over to Mist, Lightning, and Anima.

Gold grinned.

"Hey Lightning, Scratchy's jealous of our love, can we go a round with her?"

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   4/1/2013, 1:16 pm

Lightning suppressed a blush. Gold's question came completely out of nowhere, which left her gears spinning without any appropriate context. That's why when she blurted out her next comment she immediately looked taken aback.

"I don't know. Do you think she could handle what you all went through last night?"

She could feel some embarrassment coming from Mist, even if it was almost undetectable.

Back to top Go down
Black Tribal

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   4/1/2013, 1:33 pm

Gold actually looked surprised, the same with Vinyl, and Anima was suppressing a giggle while Mist was blushing. Gold spoke up.

"Wow, did NOT expect that answer."

She turned and narrowed her eyes at Vinyl.

"I dunno, do you think you could handle us? We are not for the faint of heart."

Vinyl looked even more surprised now. She looked back at the stage, grabbed the water bottle she had been drinking from with her magic, and held it in front of her. She took of her sunglasses and peered into the bottle, even opening the cap and looking inside.

"No one slipped me something in my drink, right? If no one did, then I think I just died and went to a place that makes all my dreams come true."

She looked Lightning in the eyes.

"If that was the case, you'd be wearin' lingerie now and holding a Deadcol7 record."

Gold's jaw dropped and she then burst out laughing, rolling on the ground and holding her sides while Mist was close to getting a bloody nose, the images of Lightning in her head driving her into dangerous territory.

Back to top Go down
EvenMotion

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   4/1/2013, 2:07 pm

"I think I have both in my saddlebags, but you'll have to help me slip into them."

She dug around in her saddlebags and tossed an unlabeled box. She knew Mist and Gold had an idea of what she kept in there - at least, they didn't know she had emptied it out.

"That's some of my finer pieces so be careful when you take it out," Lightning said cooly. She raised an eyebrow. "We might have to go inside for the album."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights of Harmony II   

Back to top Go down

The Lights of Harmony II
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next