HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

What is your opinion of SE3 so far?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arualsti
a custom thingymajig

PostSubject: What is your opinion of SE3 so far?   6/1/2013, 2:26 am

No new episode today or next week, so we might as well take this break as an opportunity to discuss what we think of season 3 so far.

My verdict:

Really, really good. First 2 episodes were excellent, maybe not as strong as season 2, but if you ignore the fact Sombra was a pretty undefined villain, the rest was solid, with good world building and nice new animation. In fact, the animation this series has improved a load. I guess that is what comes out of having less episodes to work on. Some highlights include:

Too many Pinkie Pies - it was hysterical
Magic Duel - something dangerous and foreboding, an interesting and clever episode
Wonderbolts Academy - Yeh, highlight because RD is best mane six

And some not so good episodes
Magic Duel - Eurgh, Trixie
Apple Family Reunion - Not a bad episode, just not a very interesting episode

So, all in all, everything has been improved this series, especially the writing and animation. 9 episodes in and there is yet to be a 'bad' one

I, like, make plushies or something
http://arualsti.deviantart.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.arualsti.deviantart.com
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Thoranzalar

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion of SE3 so far?   31/1/2013, 1:27 pm

I think right now I am behind on about 5 episodes or so - I'm not sure - I like to watch MLP in bulk....

So far I'm very pleased with S3. I don't like how they handled King Sombra's (practically non-existent) "character", but I think there was a good sense of suspense in that episode - and I liked how Spike had his first dramatically important moment of glory (besides that time he became giant). Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one who was touched by Spike's nightmare vision - Twilight Sparkle's worst nightmare is being rejected by her role model, Celestia, while Spike's nightmare is being rejected by his best friend, Twilight. What I saw in that episode was a perfect example of the near mother-son relationship between the two. All in all, the episode could have been better, but it was acceptable nonetheless.

Too Many Pinkie Pies was just plain funny and cute. I got a thrill out of all the meme references.

One Bad Apple is now one of my favorite episodes, though like all things in this world it's not perfect. I was very confused at first - I honestly thought Babs Seed was a male until they kept calling her a she. To be honest, I was half expecting there to be some awkward scene where Babs says something along the lines of "Uhh, you guys know I'm a boy, right?"
I'm in love with the song of this episode - I inhale that shit. - I also got a kick out of the last-second justice thrown at Silverspoon and Diamond Tiara like a spear to the head.

As for Magic Duel, I think most of the forum monkeys here know I love Trixie. I really like the way the did this episode - it wasn't too far down the "Trixie is a pure evil bitch who will never have a heart" route, yet not too far down the sob-storyish "Trixie just wants a hug" path. Although, a small part in me wants them to continue down the later path, I like how the left it open. I'm honestly not sure how they could have done the episode any better.
Also, did anyone else think of Luke Skywalker and Yoda during the Zecora-Twilight scene?
ZECORA...SHE EZ YODAH!!!

Sleepless in Ponyville: Princess Luna. Bam.

Aside from that, I really think this episode was perfectly timed - we needed more character development on Scootaloo, and I really enjoyed how they handled her relationship with Rainbow Dash. There were plenty of "d'awwww" moments in this episode.

Wonderbolts Academy: I don't particularly like or dislike Rainbow Dash - but I enjoyed this episode too. They needed to show Rainbow Dash's sense of loyalty and responsibility more, and they did so splendidly. Not a treasure of an episode, but I think it was an important piece of our pony puzzle. Also, I simply couldn't get enough of that background pony that sorta looked like a grown-up Lily Blossom! I'm sure Nevel noticed too.

Aaaand that's apparently were I left off in my pony-marathon. Ultimately, I'm having a blast with season 3 and I don't think I'll be running into any disappointments from it worth crying about. No, I do not care if Twilight becomes an alicorn.

I think what I consider their best sign of improvement is the music and character development.

^^ best mommy
Back to top Go down
Tomzie95
Most Edgy User On Brony Awakening
Most Edgy User On Brony Awakening

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion of SE3 so far?   31/1/2013, 11:59 pm

I think its fan pandering .... And I couldn't care less :`D

Join our Steam gaming group!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bagg
Spoiler:

"I have been to Auscwitczh's , is was goot" - Veave
Back to top Go down
Mario
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion of SE3 so far?   1/2/2013, 7:36 am

Season 3 does seem to be aimed at a more wider audience, It seems that Hasbro has turned their eyes to the bronies and decided to create a masterpiece. the comedy in the episodes is absolutely splendid. New characters, although im not a fan, have been introduced swiftly and with enough depth to care about them... The animation standard and voice acting has been kept at a high level, which is superb...

However.... Where are my Rarity Episodes !!! Despair

Back to top Go down
Firewire
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion of SE3 so far?   1/2/2013, 7:52 am

Mario wrote:

However.... Where are my Rarity Episodes !!! Despair

Who's Rarity? Isn't she that one background pony? :cellyamused:
Back to top Go down
Mario
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion of SE3 so far?   1/2/2013, 8:07 am

Luna wrote:

Who's Rarity? Isn't she that one background pony? :cellyamused:

i will cut you Smile

Back to top Go down
CloudConnection

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion of SE3 so far?   1/2/2013, 12:45 pm

Unfortunately, I've only watched the first eight episodes because I'm really slow, but here's what I think so far: the episodes range from absolute crap (Crystal Empire saga) to just okay (Magic Duel/Apple Family Reunion) to pretty good (Sleepless In Ponyville) to some of the best in the series (Too Many Pinkie Pies/Wonderbolts Academy). It's because of my schizophrenic opinion of the episodes that I really can't give a definitive opinion on the season. It's an interesting one, to say the least, but that's about all I can say.

Back to top Go down
http://bronyawakening.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion of SE3 so far?   

Back to top Go down

What is your opinion of SE3 so far?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1